Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

imo trading in more than 5 is a bit much but I'm not going to be mad at anyone doing it. They know the risk and the profit from doing so outways that. TIV's will drop rapidly, just be quick and trade yours in. Isn't any different than Amazon or BB when it comes to that either.

Either way, loving Walmart's TIV right now. It will drop and be as crappy as Gamestop's values soon enough though (until Fall when they start selling the games). Before than, I'm going to actively trade into Walmart. Good luck to others (regardless of how much you're trading in).

I did two orders of 19 each on GoW3 because that nets about $400 in Wal-Mart money. we shop there regularly and that is a month of groceries for my family (4 kids 4 and under). Do I get a pass since I'm feeding children? lol We'll see if I get paid...
Made me think of this--

Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.

I did two orders of 19 each on GoW3 because that nets about $400 in Wal-Mart money. we shop there regularly and that is a month of groceries for my family (4 kids 4 and under). Do I get a pass since I'm feeding children? lol We'll see if I get paid...
Wheres 50 shades of gray when you need him lol.

Made me think of this--

Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.
Haha love that episode.

Difference of course that 38 copies of gears isn't illegal.

I read the ENTIRE terms of use, know about the slight danger of them changing the price on me, at which point my risk is the cost of return shipping to Amazon (bought New through "fulfilled by amazon" for $12 each).

NOTHING in there says there's a limit, and even the website doesn't limit you per title or per account, just per order (19 of any combo of games). Anyone else could've done the same thing.

it's these "brilliant" bragging posts, that offer absolutely nothing that get the lurkers and regulars riled up...

do what you do, keep your rationalizing and bragging to yourself

jmo....

Looked over the last few pages and I see that most people are trading for physical gift cards, but for anybody else who didn't/couldn't, has anybody who traded in-store tried using the e-giftcard online yet? I've tried both possible numbers for the card number and neither one works.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's these "brilliant" bragging posts, that offer absolutely nothing that get the lurkers and regulars riled up...

do what you do, keep your rationalizing and bragging to yourself

jmo....
fair enough. i wasn't trying to brag, but with so many people complaining about guys/gals doing more than 1 copy I just figured I'd point out that some of us have more altruistic purposes. I've had an income freeze for 3 years while cost of living goes up and the kids eat more and more. That's what made it worth the risk for me. It's why I never judge guys going nuts on deals cuz you never know what other factors are in play. We're not all cashing in for ourselves.

fuck the dick who scammed Walmart with those 38 copies of Gears 3. Waltons gotta eat too, ya know.

I see nothing wrong with this, from the standpoint of the terms and conditions or from simple ethics. Find those opportunities for arbitrage and make out as best as you can if it's worth it for you. I mean, Jesus, do we criticize a Walmart supplier for selling as much as they can to Walmart because they are ruining it for everyone else who isn't as quick or clever to get that sale?

That being said, I don't see how it's worth it except for those rare finds.

Sent in one trade that was recieved on Thursday @ 2pm and my PS4 was recieved today at 3pm.  Now to play the waiting game.

This has probably been answered already but, how long do you have to send in the product once you submit the request to Wal-Mart?
It is generally accepted that you need to postmark it within 7 days. There are conflicting information on Walmart's site (it needs to be in the warehouse within 10 days, it needs to be postmarked within 7 days, it needs to be postmarked within 10 days).

I sent a package on the 7th day to see if they'll still accept it.

It is generally accepted that you need to postmark it within 7 days. There are conflicting information on Walmart's site (it needs to be in the warehouse within 10 days, it needs to be postmarked within 7 days, it needs to be postmarked within 10 days).

I sent a package on the 7th day to see if they'll still accept it.
Ok thanks. Gonna try to finish this game as quick as possible so i can send it out.

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread. I had no idea Walmart trade-ins were a thing now. I went in to the store and they were happy to help me. I was able to trade in a handful of shithouse games and get Dark Souls 2! Trade-in values seemed pretty good.

For anyone wondering (and I'm sure its been posted here before), the only thing they do is read the upc/barcode number, enter it in, and look at the disc. Then you get your GC. Quick and painless. Thanks again.

I can't get more than 3 items to print for the trade in i'm going to send in today. I get the top part of the order which does have the barcode for the order id, then 3 items with barcodes, and then the mailing label. Ive tried everything. Changing it to landscape and portrait. Nothing works. Anyone else having this problem?

I can't get more than 3 items to print for the trade in i'm going to send in today. I get the top part of the order which does have the barcode for the order id, then 3 items with barcodes, and then the mailing label. Ive tried everything. Changing it to landscape and portrait. Nothing works. Anyone else having this problem?
Try taking a screenshot of the screen and pasting it in Microsoft Word and print it from there. It should fix your problem, at least for now.

Well, I was the first person to do the trade in program at the Alliance, OH WalMart. What an absolute train wreck. No one one knew what was going on.

No idea of how to grade the games or even the paperwork process. Took 20 minutes or 7 games. ERGH

Well, I was the first person to do the trade in program at the Alliance, OH WalMart. What an absolute train wreck. No one one knew what was going on.

No idea of how to grade the games or even the paperwork process. Took 20 minutes or 7 games. ERGH
Stow,OH was a breeze. The only slightly hard part was them figuring out how to put the e gift card onto a physical one

Stow,OH was a breeze. The only slightly hard part was them figuring out how to put the e gift card onto a physical one
How I imagine this scenario turning out

"You can't turn digital money into physical money!!"

"You can"

"No, you can't. The fact that I know nothing about how computers work doesn't even matter! I work at Walmart and that means I know more than you! Stop disrespecting me, shitlord!"

Add to the list of reasons to screw over WalMart the fact that they have Enemy Territory Quake Wars 360 for the low low price of $52.96

Sony Playstation 3 NBA Elite 11 

What condition is the device in?Working 
Trading in Original Case?Yes 

$10.13

If that actually got released I'd pay Walmart to take it from me.
NEVER FORGET:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPwcYWDNIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If that actually got released I'd pay Walmart to take it from me.
NEVER FORGET:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPwcYWDNIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Funny thing is that they waited 3 years and the game didn't get any better. EA needs to quit trying to make basketball games.

When does WM start selling used games in-store? Are they selling these things online too?

Getting a little agitated. I sent out 2 packages a week ago and still no pay. If I'm good fine but I'm not fine too. Just let me know instead of leaving me twisting in the wind.

bread's done
Back