Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

The two stores I traded at yesterday both had it set up in electronics so it is probably best to ask at customer service where to do it.

And I think they are watching what people trade in and nuking values when something is traded in for a decent value.

I traded two copies of purr pals perfection 3ds yesterday for $7.54 each, and this morning the value got nuked to $3

My experience: I pull out 5 games (2x GTA, Skyrim, COD: Ghosts, something else forgot lol)

The guy looks at them asks if I cleaned all of them (no, but I say yes) he goes "you're probably looking at about $20", and I go "Each!?" He doesn't know. He then looks up the prices on the site and goes "Oh, I'm sorry, GTA itself is about $30" anyways, 5 minutes later I'm walking away with a $80 paper GC. Wouldn't allow me to purchase a prepaid visa, but meh, I'll exchange it to some family member for cheaper. Overall, great process.

TL:DR: No, they don't know what they're talking about...like usual. Yes, this will be great for us consumers.

EDIT: Electronics Dep. for trades. Also, limit of 10 per transaction* (max allowed by system)

* - Literally can bring as many as you have just only 10 per time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!  I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game.  Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

Keep stayin' classy, CAG'ers. :drool:

/rant

I traded in Black Flag for PS3 in the electronics department.  They have to get a lot of information about you and were complaining at how weird it was, but they were some of the best employees of any chain store I've come in contact with, even got a free Diablo poster.

Awesome! I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game. Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

/rant
I'm with you man. Unfortunately, the human species is selfish and greed rules the world. Take take take....consume consume consume is the motto. Of course not everyone is guilty, just the majority.

I'm with you man. Unfortunately, the human species is selfish and greed rules the world. Take take take....consume consume consume is the motto. Of course not everyone is guilty, just the majority.
Greed is killing the world. Why should used videogame trades be any different? Some people flip to afford new games. Others flip for the thrill of getting a high from making money off da man.

I traded in Black Flag for PS3 in the electronics department. They have to get a lot of information about you and were complaining at how weird it was, but they were some of the best employees of any chain store I've come in contact with, even got a free Diablo poster.
What information do they collect exactly? I presume they ask for a drivers license/ID, but what else do they require?

can someone help i traded in a game and i was going to buy a game from walmart.com and i dont know how...  what info do i put into walmart website and where is it located on the printout?

[quote name="icewolf74" post="11652028" timestamp="1396113021"]Awesome! I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game. Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

/rant[/quote]so

Awesome! I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game. Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

/rant
LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

Who the fuck are these whining babies. So worried about everything and so slow they never get to join in the fun and games. They blame everyone else because they missed out, with no actual clue, but just poor best guess deductions.

Here is a piece of advice, there are no free lunches, the early bird get the worm, and you snooze and you loose. Ever wonder why those cliches exist ?

Stop complaining and filling the thread with unnecessary crap.

/rant
tumblr_la78ab3cpe1qawoe4.gif

/rant
Piss Off!

Went to a Walmart, associate manager goes "trades in are suspended right now due to some glitches", ask the guy at the electronics desk and he goes "ummm we do trade ins now, but I have no idea how to do them..." and trails off and doesn't say anything else. Will try a different one tomorrow. Just want to trade in Zelda ALBW for $26.XX.

I believe you just enter the giftcard number and pin to purchase just like it was a plastic giftcard.
the peper does have a 4 digit pin... the the only other number besides the order externl ID is a 30 digit number and i cannot enter a number that big in the box for the gift card number

This number is directally under the barcode

So can anyone help me.

I just trade in some games today and the whole time they had 3 employees watching because nobody knew how to do it. So after it's all done and processed the guy gives me this sheet of Paper and says here's your Egiftcard. The sheet has a PIN number on it so I assumed it was correct, however now getting home and checking it online the numbers don't add up because it says you need a 16Digit gift card but these numbers are over 30

I believe you just enter the giftcard number and pin to purchase just like it was a plastic giftcard.
I tried it yesterday, there are two numbers on the paper other than the PIN, neither of which labeled as the giftcard number. One didn't work and the other is too long to enter.

So can anyone help me.

I just trade in some games today and the whole time they had 3 employees watching because nobody knew how to do it. So after it's all done and processed the guy gives me this sheet of Paper and says here's your Egiftcard. The sheet has a PIN number on it so I assumed it was correct, however now getting home and checking it online the numbers don't add up because it says you need a 16Digit gift card but these numbers are over 30
Ditto...

Sorry, the one I have in front of me is the one they emailed me. It has a 16 digit number and a 4 digit number. I guess the one from in store is different.

So can anyone help me.

I believe you want the last 16 digits of that 30+-digit number, though I could be wrong.

So I have only glanced at a few pages, but it sounds like we dont get an actual giftcard?

We can only use them online? If that is the case that sucks because I was hoping to have this be a terminal place to trade and just get groceries and crap for around the house with the credit.

So I have only glanced at a few pages, but it sounds like we dont get an actual giftcard?

We can only use them online? If that is the case that sucks because I was hoping to have this be a terminal place to trade and just get groceries and crap for around the house with the credit.
No, an e-giftcard is basically just a printed paper giftcard that you can use online or in-store. I bought something in-store with it yesterday.

Has anyone had success getting a visa/mastercard/amex giftcard with their e-giftcard?

Any tips? Can you get it through the U-Scan? Are there certain cards that work and others that won't?

Has anyone had success getting a visa/mastercard/amex giftcard with their e-giftcard?

Any tips? Can you get it through the U-Scan? Are there certain cards that work and others that won't?
from my understanding you cant transfer one giftcard to another...

hmm sorry one sec

ok it worked lol i was only using 12 numbers because ima full time dad that has been driven crazy by sitting at home with my kids 24n7   :wall:        i need a break er brake i dont know i just need sleep help me

Prepaids have never worked at Uscan through WM. Your chances of using a WM giftcard to purchase prepaid through the register are less than 5%, almost certainly it will reject it at register. They changed it a few years ago as I used to buy them pretty often with gc. The only thing I can think of that might make it work is an old grandfathered visa or one particular walmart somewhere didnt get that particular register update.

No luck here, they tried getting a couple different people to override for me and still wouldn't go through.

Prepaids have never worked at Uscan through WM. Your chances of using a WM giftcard to purchase prepaid through the register are less than 5%, almost certainly it will reject it at register. They changed it a few years ago as I used to buy them pretty often with gc. The only thing I can think of that might make it work is an old grandfathered visa or one particular walmart somewhere didnt get that particular register update.
Thanks for the info. If anyone has had any luck in store with a particular card please post a pic of the package so that everyone else can get in on the fun.

bread's done
Back