Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Who the fuck are these whining babies. So worried about everything and so slow they never get to join in the fun and games. They blame everyone else because they missed out, with no actual clue, but just poor best guess deductions.

Here is a piece of advice, there are no free lunches, the early bird get the worm, and you snooze and you loose. Ever wonder why those cliches exist ?

Stop complaining and filling the thread with unnecessary crap.
Who the fuck are these whining babies. So worried about everything and so slow they never get to join in the fun and games. They blame everyone else because they missed out, with no actual clue, but just poor best guess deductions.

Here is a piece of advice, there are no free lunches, the early bird get the worm, and you snooze and you loose. Ever wonder why those cliches exist ?

Too many youngsters that grew up with everyone getting a trophy me thinks. ;-)

you can buy prepaid credit cards online, but you have to pay by credit or debit. NO walmart GC

also an easy way to print the shipping label is right click on the label image > open image in new tab, then it will be on a page by itself. print it and stick it in a fedex pouch and attach it to the package. the pouches are available for free at fedex stores. 

Awesome! I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game. Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

Keep stayin' classy, CAG'ers. :drool:

/rant
U_MAD_Miku_U.jpg

my 2 lock copies of Nino KUni expired today.  Locked in 3 last Saturday and sent 1 from my collection. Thought about abusing it but decided not too. oh well, not a big loss, Also locked in 3 copies of GOW and haven't sent in any copies yet.  Not sure if i will too. 

There's always money to be made, just got to look.  

Awesome! I am so glad people are taking advantage of Walmart's generous trade in prices by flipping multiple same games for a ton of store credit due to your incessant greed, which will ultimately tank trade in values for people who want to genuinely trade in an old game for a new game. Just like you guys destroyed Best Buy's generous trade in values back when they first started taking in trade ins, looks like you guys are going to destroy it for the rest of us too with Walmart.

/rant
Who would of thought people of a site called CheapAssGamer would resort to such "shady" practices? :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall I have to admit, aside from the slow processing which will get better once the employees understand how to do trade-ins the process is a lot better at Walmart compared to Gamestop and I could see it seriously hurting business.

Nobody hassling me 5 times around using the credit for a pre-order, putting it towards a season pass, or a used product. No having to go through the hassle of pre-ordering in order to get extra credit, no coupon stacking just to get values that other places would offer without it, and the best part is that the trade in desk is near the electronics department so I played with phones while I waited.

/rant
That's the whole point. To flip and come out ahead of the game. Why would you not try to do this? I promise Wal-Mart doesn't care about you the same way you're caring about them. Keep caring, CAGer, you will be rewarded in the after life, I'm certain. Just not, like, right now, unless you lock in your trade values and start flipping.

I guess NY is the exception.  Commercial space is limited and 1st come 1st serve. Sammy was prolly in diapers when NYC was booming.  Great to know that Yorkers didn't sell out to Sammy and his bazillons.   :D

But in all seriousness, if OP doesn't mind. We should start a list to make things much easier for everyone, no?

I'll start it off:

:ds: My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party $0.98

But in all seriousness, if OP doesn't mind. We should start a list to make things much easier for everyone, no?

I'll start it off:

:ds: My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party $0.98
The only games anyone should list are games that currently have good trade on values. Why clutter the thread with crap tiv games when you can look up the prices yourself on their site?

Tip: when you guys are in the store and they get the e gift card up on there screen ask them to buy a walmart gift card with it. They don't even have to print out the paper, the employee can scan the screen. This saves you from having to carry around a piece of paper that can easily get ruined.

Ps3/xbox 360:lost planet 3 $ 13.65
Xbox 360: ride to hell retribution $ 6.30
Xbox 360: arkham city $ 6.30
Xbox 360/ps3: lego marvel super heroes $ 21.00, ps4 $ 24.15
Xbox 360 wwe 14 $21.56/ ps3: $21.00
xbox 360: Hasbro family game night 3 $12.63

I'm late to this thread, but good god. The TIV's online are absolute garbage. I get that they got screwed on a few flips, but now their program has basically turned into a place to donate games to walmart. $7 for SC: Blacklist on PS3. $21 for 2K14 on PS4? Yeah, I don't think GS has anything to worry about. 

I'm late to this thread, but good god. The TIV's online are absolute garbage. I get that they got screwed on a few flips, but now their program has basically turned into a place to donate games to walmart. $7 for SC: Blacklist on PS3. $21 for 2K14 on PS4? Yeah, I don't think GS has anything to worry about.
shut da fuq up

Walmart should have had a 1 copy per customer restriction on this things. The abuse on flipping some people are doing is disgusting. Not because your ripping walmart off but because you will eventually kill the program for other people. No shame. Im fine with 1 even 3 per person but 10 to 20. Really guys?
I absolutely love seeing these posts. What people want to do with their time and money is their own business. If I see something where I can double/triple my earnings, I'm going to take advantage of it as well. That's just me though. Don't get yourself worked up over simple things....

I'm always a little confused when people imply that gamestop is -the- place to go for trade-ins. The last reported tiv for SC: Blacklist was $4 at Gamestop - the same as it is at amazon and bestbuy. So $7 is pretty dang good. $21 for 2k14 is only slightly better than Amazon's tiv and a bit worse than gamestop's ($25), but bestbuy is giving $32 which, even with the 30% promo at gs (assuming you were trading towards one of the promo titles) would be break even.

I'm sure there's plenty of examples of wal-mart's tivs being absolute garbage compared to gamestop, you just maybe didn't pick the best two examples.

Edit - oops, I see that I confused sc: blacklist 360/ps3. the ps3 version is $10 at gamestop, thus making it way more awesome than wal-mart. my apologies.

Tip: when you guys are in the store and they get the e gift card up on there screen ask them to buy a walmart gift card with it. They don't even have to print out the paper, the employee can scan the screen. This saves you from having to carry around a piece of paper that can easily get ruined.
I think that's what they are supposed to do. I didnt get to actually read it but it seems like their instructions tell them to scan the paper to give you a real GC. if the paper gc was intended to give to the customer it should be more clear on how to use it. like the egiftcard they send out for mail in trades have clear instructions on how to use it online or in store.

anyway when I asked them to give me an actual gc they freaked the fock out "noooooooooooooooooooooooo we cant do that" lol

Parts of New York doesn't have Walmarts. It's too big a chain so family businesses got it outlawed.

Not if you live in New York.

When I lived there there wasn't a Walmart for miles. Good thing too, would drive out business.

I guess NY is the exception. Commercial space is limited and 1st come 1st serve. Sammy was prolly in diapers when NYC was booming. Great to know that Yorkers didn't sell out to Sammy and his bazillons. :D
Odd. We have quite a few here on Long Island. Guess we just have a lot of sellouts here? :bouncy:

Doesn't matter though because none are taking trade-ins here. Online's gonna have to be the way to go.

Well... I was typing in random games just a moment ago trying to gather a list of things to take in when I got bored and started typing in games that I knew wouldn't give much, or shouldn't be tradeable... Then I stumbled upon DC Universe Online... I still had the original game itself. Bought it on clearance for super cheap a while back. The game has gone free2play since then, but the game trades in for $12.23  :rofl:

They can be bought cheap on EBay/Half for $5.50 - $6 with shipping but then there is the risk that it won't arrive in time.

Totally random, but I looked up the value of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise; I was surprised to see that it goes for 10 bucks. Then, I went to GameStop and Amazon and saw that it was running for 30 bucks used. O_O I was really surprised since the first game is pretty cheap. Really debating if I should sell it, but maybe it might increase in value even mor?

Totally random, but I looked up the value of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise; I was surprised to see that it goes for 10 bucks. Then, I went to GameStop and Amazon and saw that it was running for 30 bucks used. O_O I was really surprised since the first game is pretty cheap. Really debating if I should sell it, but maybe it might increase in value even mor?
Do you still play it? I'm going to keep mine because it's a pretty unique game. It's really hard to tell if it'll go up or down in the future, though.

just a heads up incase anyone is looking to get rid of there xbox 1 or ps4 here is the tiv

xbox1 = 215.00

ps4 = 225.00

might be worth posting console tiv on the op

just a heads up incase anyone is looking to get rid of there xbox 1 or ps4 here is the tiv

xbox1 = 215.00

ps4 = 225.00

Worst part is you know they're gonna sell it for $450 and $350 respectively, and they'll sell all of them. I really hope nobody's stupid/desperate enough to settle for that low a value.

xbox1 = 215.00

ps4 = 225.00

I'd gladly pay that price, plus $10. Please PM all trade in inquiries to laundrymatt, c/o CAG PS4/XB1. Make sure it works. Will accept quantity. Thanks.

Do you still play it? I'm going to keep mine because it's a pretty unique game. It's really hard to tell if it'll go up or down in the future, though.
You're right. Sometimes I get a hankering to play games that I haven't played in ages. Guess I'll keep it. :D

Because all the people with next-gen buyer's remorse dumped them at the price as soon as they could. :bouncy:
Why did they have to lock them in?!?!? Now the price has dropped for everyone! Lol

bread's done
Back