Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

trade in value at this point for most games are god awful i don't see how people will keep trading into wallmart. Only way i see it worth it is if walmart does promos like gamestop does alot that allows you to bank in on older games.

trade in value at this point for most games are god awful i don't see how people will keep trading into wallmart. Only way i see it worth it is if walmart does promos like gamestop does alot that allows you to bank in on older games.
yea Walmart don't even run normal promos on video games except once a year at Black Friday and even then they about the same Other retailers Black Friday sales so slim to none they will do any trade promos

seems like walmarts main target is casual people that want to make quick cash on games and not target people that trade games into gamestop that would know value in games.

seems very obviously like walmart is just making quick cash. gamestop seems to be the only retailers to do good trade promos because with all retailers the actual tiv is horrible

gears of war 3 is now 1.05

xbox 360 320 gigs is 55.00

xbox 360 w/ kinect 250 gig is 60.00

wii u 32 gigs 70.00

wii u 8 gigs 54.50

these trade in are horrible

People who REALLY know the value of their used games almost never trade in. They sell. Or trade with other gamers who also know and can make worthwhile trades. Trade ins are never up to the cash value you can get one of those other ways.

People who REALLY know the value of their used games almost never trade in. They sell. Or trade with other gamers who also know and can make worthwhile trades. Trade ins are never up to the cash value you can get one of those other ways.
i don't know about you but i don't want to meet random person from c.l/ having random person on internet knowing my personal info. I only trade in games when game stop has amazing deals going on where i can make 30-40 bucks a game.

Best Buy > Gamestop imo.

Gamestop values are usually on par with Best Buy or worse, but at Best Buy, you don't have to preorder or purchase a specific game to get a better value and Best Buy has better sales to use that credit on as well as GCU discount. Gamestop was pretty good last summer/fall, but they haven't been that way since then. Walmart is too new to the game to judge, but I will say that some of their values are pretty good and they have already made a few mistakes like Ni No Kuni, Gears 3, and COD 4. Walmart has so much money that they should be able to afford losses for awhile while they try to get into the game trade business. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to 1up Gamestop at times and cut into their business enough to start a competition that benefits consumers. Gamestop really needs to bring back 50% bonus and not make us preorder games to get it.

i don't know about you but i don't want to meet random person from c.l/ having random person on internet knowing my personal info. I only trade in games when game stop has amazing deals going on where i can make 30-40 bucks a game.
Paranoid much? That explains the zero feedback. I'm sure someone I traded with on here and other sites is stalking me, but its okay I'm stalking them too! Every single one.. Oh and don't take it the wrong way, I'm just goofing around.

on topic: Wish I would have locked in skyward sword when it was $30

I traded in some today.  Went to electronics, they directed me to customer service.  At first the lady thought I doing a return, she had to get help... waited for like 10 min for someone else to show up.  And then that person had to get even another person to help.

Pokemon Y 26.18

Adventure time 3ds 6.88

Batman arkham city 360 6.30  (just dropped from 6 to 3.00 at BB)

Also traded Infamous SS and Last of Us to BB.

gears of war 3 is now 1.05

xbox 360 320 gigs is 55.00

xbox 360 w/ kinect 250 gig is 60.00

wii u 32 gigs 70.00

wii u 8 gigs 54.50

these trade in are horrible
I still got 3 copies of gow 3 locked in. What's the chance of me getting full value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still got 3 copies of gow 3 locked in. What's the chance of me getting full value.
Based on mine and others experience with Ni No Kuni, I would say the odds are in your favor. I sent a few copies of COD 4 in on Friday.

The only thing I'm worried about is how strictly they might grade these games. Buying used copies of Gears at Gamestop it seems like every copy has had sand paper taken to it. I bought several extras so I could take back the worst ones, but none of them are close to perfect. Definitely nothing I would be happy to keep if I had purchased them to play.

i just got a reminder email from them that said:

In order to receive the full quoted value for your trade-in, your items must be postmarked within 7 days of the original quote.

So 100% if you send them within 7 days of the request date

i just got a reminder email from them that said:

In order to receive the full quoted value for your trade-in, your items must be postmarked within 7 days of the original quote.

So 100% if you send them within 7 days of the request date
Lets hope so. Had 2 locked copies of Nino Kuni that expired yesterday. Dumb move on my part but whatever.

Not sure what to make of this: I just got an email containing a link to my second e-GC, but the link says "Page Not Found". :bomb:

I replied to the email asking for the correct URL; hopefully I'll get some sort of response.

Not sure what to make of this: I just got an email containing a link to my second e-GC, but the link says "Page Not Found". :bomb:

I replied to the email asking for the correct URL; hopefully I'll get some sort of response.
Same here ugh...hope they do respond back to me too!

I went in to Walmart last night and went over to the electronics area. Of course no one was around so I asked a random worker. She was like.. 'we don't do trade ins...' She continued to ask the cart return guy that was hanging out in electronics and he was like 'Nah man I have no idea we don't do that, I know Best Buy does though.'

I was like 'well... you do, it all over the news and stuff, can I talk to someone who actually works in electronics?' The cart guy walked off and was like 'Ill find him' only to come back himself again and continue to tell me that no they do not do that and that I really should go to Best Buy...

On my way out I ran into the girl I had originally asked and she said she went and asked and apparently they just haven't started doing that yet at that location but they are going to in the future sometime.

Since I was there I went to pick up a few basic grocery items and everything was a mess and they didn't even have half of the stuff I wanted.. Then I waited in line for 20 minutes because every single person was having issues at the registers..

I am just going to continue with GS and Best Buy, I hate dealing with Walmart. 

Just got paid for 2 Ni No Kuni's at $38 a piece. Didn't want to get greedy and I forgot to lock in the $47 price. Now I'll buy the Gold stereo headset through them and it cost me about $40 out of pocket when it is all said and done.

The page thing is new but I wanna go back to 30 per page! I'm stuck at 25 now, 30 was the sweet spot.

On topic, I personally hope this works well. GS is the only local option for trade-in (BB is an hour from my work) so having Walmart as an option too will be a good thing.
I rarely trade in but when I do I find that Amazon is, more often than not, the best way to go. It's certainly better than GS at any rate.

I rarely trade in but when I do I find that Amazon is, more often than not, the best way to go. It's certainly better than GS at any rate.
I usually go Amazon too, but there's something to be said for the convenience of GS. Being able to trade stuff in-person without the mailing and waiting has it's benefits. Convenience is probably why GS TIVs are always the lowest though.

Just got paid for 2 Ni No Kuni's at $38 a piece. Didn't want to get greedy and I forgot to lock in the $47 price. Now I'll buy the Gold stereo headset through them and it cost me about $40 out of pocket when it is all said and done.
When did you ship them out?

Totally forgot to tell you guys about my last trade in. I included Wii Sports, just for grins. Back when the Wii first came out, I used a white case and printed out a cover art for Wii Sports (I didn't like the little card board sleeve for it); I decided to trade it in. Lo and behold, Wal-Mart took it, even though the case didn't have a UPC (since Wii Sports was included with the Wii). I got 4.80 for it. O_O

That's weird. I sent out two shipments and the second shipment paid out but the first one is still out there. Anything to it? Or just a fluke?

That's weird. I sent out two shipments and the second shipment paid out but the first one is still out there. Anything to it? Or just a fluke?
Did the second shipment contain fewer items? It seems like smaller-number transactions are being verified sooner than larger ones.

Did the second shipment contain fewer items? It seems like smaller-number transactions are being verified sooner than larger ones.
It did. The first shipment was 7 PS3 COD Ghosts and the second shipment was 6 PS3 COD Ghosts.

First Walmart had only one person capable of the transaction but they were tied up with another customer on something totally unrelated to video game trades. I waited about twenty minutes reorganizing the alphabet in the dvd section and then gave up.

At another Walmart two regular worker drones had to get not one, but two assistant managers (plus i think President Obama was consulted during the transaction as well. The start of the Walmart trade-in policy was about as successful as the initial Affordable Care Act rollout, so i guess it makes sense) to come and make the trade happen. Instead of scanning the bar codes on the original cases they actually typed the titles into the computer to find the prices. How archaic is that?  They wouldn't take everything. So off to Gamestop to get .11 for Ghost Recon 2. But anyway... It took about twenty minutes to process 5 poopy games for a total of $18.59. I wasn't given a gift card, but instead was given a coupon with a 30 digit code on it. Was told it would work for online purchases, but nope. Doesn't.

There's a reason i don't go to Walmart. There's usually a two year gap between visits, but then i forget and end up stupidly stepping through the door. This latest experience has reminded me why i don't go in there. Just like they say about the Holocaust; "Never again!!!"

I went in to Walmart last night and went over to the electronics area. Of course no one was around so I asked a random worker. She was like.. 'we don't do trade ins...' She continued to ask the cart return guy that was hanging out in electronics and he was like 'Nah man I have no idea we don't do that, I know Best Buy does though.'

I was like 'well... you do, it all over the news and stuff, can I talk to someone who actually works in electronics?' The cart guy walked off and was like 'Ill find him' only to come back himself again and continue to tell me that no they do not do that and that I really should go to Best Buy...

On my way out I ran into the girl I had originally asked and she said she went and asked and apparently they just haven't started doing that yet at that location but they are going to in the future sometime.

Since I was there I went to pick up a few basic grocery items and everything was a mess and they didn't even have half of the stuff I wanted.. Then I waited in line for 20 minutes because every single person was having issues at the registers..

I am just going to continue with GS and Best Buy, I hate dealing with Walmart.
You could have just said you went into Walmart. The rest was already implied.

bread's done
Back