Walgreens .39 cent mailers for your Goozex games, Expires Aug 28

There's also a limit of 3, which makes this not even worth the gas unless you live next to a Walgreen's.

There's a forum called "Other Deals and Requests" OP

Thanks for contributing though

Of note, WAGs has been slowly increasing the price of these things. I remember when it was 4 for a dollar a few years back, then 3 for a dollar, now they're doing 39 cents? bah - just buy a multi pack at staples that comes out to less than 25 cents

I never realized until today that Walgreens calls them "Scotch Mailers" on the coupon. That could be very misleading for some as it's completely prohibited to ship alcohol through the mail.

Go to Sam's Club and get those same "Scotch" brand mailers for $0.20 a mailer. No limit! They come in a box of 25 for $4.98. And that is the new price for them. Just last month, I bought a box for $4.72. Still unbeaten.

[quote name='nikkai']There's a forum called "Other Deals and Requests" OP

Thanks for contributing though

Of note, WAGs has been slowly increasing the price of these things. I remember when it was 4 for a dollar a few years back, then 3 for a dollar, now they're doing 39 cents? bah - just buy a multi pack at staples that comes out to less than 25 cents[/QUOTE]
No disrespect, but I doubt that Staples have them that cheap.

Am I alone in the fact that I've mailed dozens of items through Goozex and Amazon, and have never paid for a mailer once? Like a true Cheap Ass Gamer, I save my mailers I receive for future use.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Am I alone in the fact that I've mailed dozens of items through Goozex and Amazon, and have never paid for a mailer once? Like a true Cheap Ass Gamer, I save my mailers I receive for future use.[/QUOTE]

How have I never thought to do that? Although I usually tear them up so bad, they cannot be reused. I can't help it, I JUST GOTTA GET IN THERE!

[quote name='jeebert']How have I never thought to do that? Although I usually tear them up so bad, they cannot be reused. I can't help it, I JUST GOTTA GET IN THERE![/QUOTE]

Well some of them can be impossible to open cleanly, but the ones that open nice are pretty much mint. Especially if the seller had a paper label they taped to the envelope, just slice that baby off and slap on your own. A free mailer can make a decent difference when you're mailing a 100 point item on Goozex.

Thanx op. Im about to reorder a 50 or 100 pack of #1's from royal mailers but this will hold me over til it gets here. Thanx alot

[quote name='ricoraney']No disrespect, but I doubt that Staples have them that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not, unless you buy a box of like 250. I needed 10 or so mailers immediately a few months back, and I think the package I bought was like 12 for $10 or something like that.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Am I alone in the fact that I've mailed dozens of items through Goozex and Amazon, and have never paid for a mailer once? Like a true Cheap Ass Gamer, I save my mailers I receive for future use.[/QUOTE]

^This, I have a box full of used ones and have not bought any new ones for several years.

Yep I do this as well. However I sell some of my own stuff too on eBay. I didn't realize they were so cheap at Sam's, heck I'd been paying $1 a piece for them at the post office. I remember when envelopes were like 30 cents a piece at walmart though, now they're 1.18!

[quote name='jeebert']How have I never thought to do that? Although I usually tear them up so bad, they cannot be reused. I can't help it, I JUST GOTTA GET IN THERE![/QUOTE]
Indeed :(

just invest in some tape and you're good to go.
what sucks more is getting rid of the previous used labels on the envelopes without damaging too much. people usually just put a new label over the old one but i dont really like having other people's addresses shown to the next receiver

[quote name='vlv723']Nice. I needed to go to Walgreens anyway to get the Angel Soft $4 9-pack TP.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! (no pun intended)

Now that's a bargain. Angel Soft is like wiping my backside with a pillow.

I just had to buy some also, for the first time in 7 or 8yrs. I always re-use/cut up and make my own for eBay/Half.com and Goozex. It's not as good of a deal as Sam's Club but BiG LOTs has 3M brand 6x9 bubble mailer 2-packs for $1.00. Also spotted $5 HDMI cables.

This is pretty good if you want mailers with the bubble wrap built in.

I buy an eight-pack of kraft paper envelopes (with the clasp, though I never use it) at my local dollar store for... a dollar. If the game/book/CD I'm mailing needs some extra protection, I'll wrap it in bubble wrap or newspaper (sometimes I'll cannibalize a bubble mailer) and stick it in, sometimes with some cardboard. I've never looked for rolls of bubble wrap, but I'm sure in the long run buying plain mailers and bubble wrap in bulk and making your own "bubble mailers" is cheaper than buying them "pre-made."

Still a great deal for what they normally go for, though.

bread's done
Back