Walking Dead season 1?

Best Buy will have it for $22.99 too. I guess Amazon PMed them. Check out the DVD/Blu Ray forum here too for more details.

BB has it for $18 DVD $23 B/R

Or $10 DVD or B/R w/ purchase of select zombie flicks
Evil dead 1 $25 or 2 $15
dead space downfall $15
The crazies $20
Dawn of the dead $25
day of the dead $15
all select movies are B/R

[quote name='stevo1002']Thanks :p I was on my way out the door, so I didn't have time to learn how to add a link. Plus I didn't feel it was too difficult to go to amazon and type in the show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I admit that I'm feeling lazy today since IE 9 beta is acting up today. Sites not displaying correctly, and crap. Funny thing is if I use direct links I got a roughly 60/40 chance of getting a site to display right. Anything I do website wise directly by clicking my IE icon is almost guaranteed to not show up right at all. I can still use some sites fine, and yeah it's weird, but I'm dealing with it for now. Just like I'm dealing with the sites banner hanging half down the screen instead at the top now. Some sites are worse with what happens. Some you cant see where the buttons would be due to no animation and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aeroforce325']Yeah I admit that I'm feeling lazy today since IE 9 beta is acting up today. Sites not displaying correctly, and crap. Funny thing is if I use direct links I got a roughly 60/40 chance of getting a site to display right. Anything I do website wise directly by clicking my IE icon is almost guaranteed to not show up right at all. I can still use some sites fine, and yeah it's weird, but I'm dealing with it for now. Just like I'm dealing with the sites banner hanging half down the screen instead at the top right now. Some sites are worse with what happens. Some you cant where the buttons would be due to no animation and such.[/QUOTE]

original-1.gif

[quote name='TraBuch']Don't even know why you want it. Pilot was awesome but the rest of it was kinda mediocre.[/QUOTE]

He probably didn't know your opinion on it yet. I am sure that he will pass on buying it now, as we all will.

[quote name='Yanksfan']He probably didn't know your opinion on it yet. I am sure that he will pass on buying it now, as we all will.[/QUOTE]
That's good, happy that people saved their money because of me.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']I like this thread[/QUOTE]

Eh, I thought the other Walking Dead thread also on the first page was better. Someone should make another one with a bunch of exclamation points in the title.

Why waste 17.99 on 6 episodes???????? Not like you need to watch them right away. Season 2 don't start til October.

Just wait for a sale from now til October and buy it for $10 I'm sure it will be on sale for that cheap sooner rather than later lol

If you really wanna buy it now, Hastings B&M has it for $23 blu-ray (DVD ~$18), plus you get a free copy of The Walking Dead vol. 1 graphic novel/TPB. The blu-ray combo's a pretty good bang for your buck, IMO.

I don't understand why people are bitching about 23 bucks for a bluray with only 6 episodes.... But have no problem spending the same amount for a bluray movie that's 1/4 the amount of time...

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I don't understand why people are bitching about 23 bucks for a bluray with only 6 episodes.... But have no problem spending the same amount for a bluray movie that's 1/4 the amount of time...[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are comparing it to movies. I think they are comparing it to other tv shows.

M

Show was great, no need to wait for a sale b/c the price point isn't too bad..plus, remember kids, when you purchase something these days, its like showing your support for a product. (thats the real reason we don't have Tony Hawk or Guitar Hero anymore ;) ) I want this show to go on for a while b/c it was definitely the best debut TV series to come out in 2010. Effing big shot Jerry Bruckheimer's TV studio can't even keep stuff on the air, while everything about the Walking Dead was top notch. Complain all you want about the story line, but that is why some of the best TV shows have long runs. I think only good things are going to come out of this.

Headed to BB at lunch, then watching the first 2 episodes tonight!

[quote name='token2k6']Show was great, no need to wait for a sale b/c the price point isn't too bad..plus, remember kids, when you purchase something these days, its like showing your support for a product. (thats the real reason we don't have Tony Hawk or Guitar Hero anymore ;) ) I want this show to go on for a while b/c it was definitely the best debut TV series to come out in 2010. Effing big shot Jerry Bruckheimer's TV studio can't even keep stuff on the air, while everything about the Walking Dead was top notch. Complain all you want about the story line, but that is why some of the best TV shows have long runs. I think only good things are going to come out of this.

Headed to BB at lunch, then watching the first 2 episodes tonight![/QUOTE]

Typical fanboy excuse. A television series containing 6 episodes should be retailed at $15 at the most. I don't care if you're a millionaire, or the biggest fanboy in the world. A fanboy will go out and by it if it were retailed at $50 for 6 episodes, that's how sad it is. Like I said, I'll wait and I'm sure others will as well.

The show isn't even close to being the best on it's own network lol.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Typical fanboy excuse. A television series containing 6 episodes should be retailed at $15 at the most. I don't care if you're a millionaire, or the biggest fanboy in the world. A fanboy will go out and by it if it were retailed at $50 for 6 episodes, that's how sad it is. Like I said, I'll wait and I'm sure others will as well.

The show isn't even close to being the best on it's own network lol.[/QUOTE]

You felt that your opinion was so revolutionary and insightful that it must be repeated again and again? Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

[quote name='dino88']You felt that your opinion was so revolutionary and insightful that it must be repeated again and again? Thank you for sharing your wisdom.[/QUOTE]Some people must repeat themselves to prove they exist.

Said logic is a bit flawed, since the DVD version of Walking Dead S1 is $17.99, which is close enough for the $15 argument, with tax figured into the equation.

I was quite happy with picking it up from Amazon at $21.84, $22.99 - gold box discount.

[quote name='token2k6']Show was great, no need to wait for a sale b/c the price point isn't too bad..plus, remember kids, when you purchase something these days, its like showing your support for a product. (thats the real reason we don't have Tony Hawk or Guitar Hero anymore ;) ) I want this show to go on for a while b/c it was definitely the best debut TV series to come out in 2010. Effing big shot Jerry Bruckheimer's TV studio can't even keep stuff on the air, while everything about the Walking Dead was top notch. Complain all you want about the story line, but that is why some of the best TV shows have long runs. I think only good things are going to come out of this.

Headed to BB at lunch, then watching the first 2 episodes tonight![/QUOTE]

Terriers had a FAR better first season than The Walking Dead. Hell, Terriers was arguably the best show on TV while it aired.

I might see if my BX has it tomorrow. If so, I'll PM the BB sale. I almost went with Amazon, but it'll still be tax-free at the BX and I will be able to come home after work and watch it.
Now I just need to find a copy of the ad. Or figure out what MSRP is, since they will PM a $10 difference on word of mouth alone.

[quote name='dino88']The msrp is $40 (dvd) and $50 (bd), so you'll definitely want to find the ad.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Damn...I'm sure there has got to be a sunday paper around town somewhere. I don't ever get them though, so I don't know. But if I am going to go search for a paper to get it for the same price as it is on Amazon, maybe I should just buy it from Amazon.
Don't really wanna wait two days to get it though. And I could use my Star Card at the BX.
Hmmmmm, decisions decisions.
This is a great price point IMO, so I'm not gonna pass it up.

[quote name='TraBuch']Terriers had a FAR better first season than The Walking Dead. Hell, Terriers was arguably the best show on TV while it aired.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it. What is it about?

[quote name='ZombieJediMastr']Never heard of it. What is it about?[/QUOTE]
A couple of friends have a PI business.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1493239/

Amazing show, only had 13 episodes and got canceled, but it ends perfectly. It also aired on the best channel on TV (FX), so you know it's a quality show.

What about buying it off the Zune Marketplace in standard def for $11 with no extras? I really liked the comic but this mixed reaction plus no consistent writing staff for this and next season has me worried about the quality of the show.

I figured everyone interested in digital would have already bought it from Amazon VoD for $10 (or $5ish when it was on sale for a few days), but that's also an option:

$1.99 per episode or $9.99 for the season of 6.

http://www.amazon.com/Wildfire/dp/B...s=digital-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1299636844&sr=1-2

I thought Terriers was a reality show about dogs similar to Meerkat Manor...I'm going to have to check that out someday. (Was mildly interested in the dog reality show version as well)

[quote name='Yanksfan']He probably didn't know your opinion on it yet. I am sure that he will pass on buying it now, as we all will.[/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself i picked a copy up at BB today, last copy.

seems like it's selling like hotcakes.

[quote name='Kerig']I figured everyone interested in digital would have already bought it from Amazon VoD for $10 (or $5ish when it was on sale for a few days), but that's also an option:

$1.99 per episode or $9.99 for the season of 6.

http://www.amazon.com/Wildfire/dp/B...s=digital-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1299636844&sr=1-2

I thought Terriers was a reality show about dogs similar to Meerkat Manor...I'm going to have to check that out someday. (Was mildly interested in the dog reality show version as well)[/QUOTE]
I truly believe the title is the reason the show failed so miserably in the ratings. Literally everyone I knew thought the show was about dogs. Before it came out, I looked into it more deeply and saw that it was being created by Shawn Ryan and Ted Griffin, Shawn Ryan being the creator of The Shield and Ted Griffin a writer on that show so I gave it a chance and was NOT disappointed.

[quote name='TraBuch']I truly believe the title is the reason the show failed so miserably in the ratings. Literally everyone I knew thought the show was about dogs. Before it came out, I looked into it more deeply and saw that it was being created by Shawn Ryan and Ted Griffin, Shawn Ryan being the creator of The Shield and Ted Griffin a writer on that show so I gave it a chance and was NOT disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Quickly skimmed your post and thought you were talking about Walking Dead. I was like who would think Walking Dead is about dogs.

[quote name='TraBuch']A couple of friends have a PI business.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1493239/

Amazing show, only had 13 episodes and got canceled, but it ends perfectly. It also aired on the best channel on TV (FX), so you know it's a quality show.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what happened to that show.

Must be selling very well, as I noticed only 1 copy left at BB today. Was tempted, but i'm going to wait some. I have too many unopened/unwatched blu's to justify another purchase that may be cheaper by the time I'm ready to watch. Will make sure I pick one up before S2 starts tho.

[quote name='jp2']Must be selling very well, as I noticed only 1 copy left at BB today. Was tempted, but i'm going to wait some. I have too many unopened/unwatched blu's to justify another purchase that may be cheaper by the time I'm ready to watch. Will make sure I pick one up before S2 starts tho.[/QUOTE]I can't see this going much cheaper than what it's at currently, probably $19.99 being the cheapest I'd expect.

[quote name='shrike4242']I can't see this going much cheaper than what it's at currently, probably $19.99 being the cheapest I'd expect.[/QUOTE]

If you're not in a hurry to get them they will go on sale for $10 at some point. I love the show so much (except for the plot hole filled finale) that I think the current price is worth it but like others, I have way to much stuff to catch up on before re-watching this.

[quote name='shrike4242']I can't see this going much cheaper than what it's at currently, probably $19.99 being the cheapest I'd expect.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll be able to get it for around $15 before the year is up or maybe even less during the Black Friday/Christmas sales. Breaking Bad has been under $15 and Mad Men was only $10, both AMC shows.

[quote name='TraBuch']I truly believe the title is the reason the show failed so miserably in the ratings. Literally everyone I knew thought the show was about dogs. Before it came out, I looked into it more deeply and saw that it was being created by Shawn Ryan and Ted Griffin, Shawn Ryan being the creator of The Shield and Ted Griffin a writer on that show so I gave it a chance and was NOT disappointed.[/QUOTE]

The initial advertisements also featured just a dog running around getting guns and shit.

I bought this at Amazon and I'm almost done with the season. I really like the show but I love zombie shit.

bread's done
Back