WALL-E is indeed an AMAZING movie: Say what!?!? I thought it was for 3 year olds!?!?

[quote name='Rocko']Aren't they like $190 each?[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?!!

No fucking way I am paying 190 bucks for a toy! I was thinking of those small 6-10 dollar type toys you find at TRU.

something like this

pTRU1-4172076dt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ITDEFX']WHAT?!?!?!!

No fucking way I am paying 190 bucks for a toy! I was thinking of those small 6-10 dollar type toys you find at TRU.

something like this

[picture here][/quote]

Oh, yeah, that'd be neat. I'd like those as well, especially Wall-E with the hubcap/garbage can lid (not sure what it is).

Where did you find those?

I thought you were talking about that robotic, life-size Wall-E toy linked earlier at TRU. Which is like $190 I think.

[quote name='Rocko']Oh, yeah, that'd be neat. I'd like those as well, especially Wall-E with the hubcap/garbage can lid (not sure what it is).

Where did you find those?

I thought you were talking about that robotic, life-size Wall-E toy linked earlier at TRU. Which is like $190 I think.[/quote]

www.toysrus.com

and search lowest to highest and bam, there ya go!

See something simple and nice for the desk.

[quote name='chasemurata']I hear it is Pixar's best film, and a treat for all audiences. It's definitely on my list of films to see.[/quote]

I have the feeling that Wall-E is gonna kick Hancock's ass in box office numbers!

I hope so, because Hancock looks like trash.

I'm definitely going to pick up a set or two of those movie moment sets from TRU. I like the one you posted, and the one with(just in case, spoilered)
Eve propelling herself and Wall-E with the fire extinguisher

[quote name='ITDEFX']I have the feeling that Wall-E is gonna kick Hancock's ass in box office numbers![/quote]

Let's hope so. I am still somewhat of a fan of Will Smith, as I was a fan during his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days, but he's grown stale. Instead of sticking with his tired routine, I'd like to see him stretch himself as an actor. But then again, maybe he just doesn't have the chops.

[quote name='Rocko']I hope so, because Hancock looks like trash.

I'm definitely going to pick up a set or two of those movie moment sets from TRU. I like the one you posted, and the one with(just in case, spoilered)
Eve propelling herself and Wall-E with the fire extinguisher
.[/quote]

Hancock was a very funny movie for about the first half of it then it got a bit serious towards the end.

I need to pick up the soundtracks to both these films.

[quote name='chasemurata']Let's hope so. I am still somewhat of a fan of Will Smith, as I was a fan during his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days, but he's grown stale. Instead of sticking with his tired routine, I'd like to see him stretch himself as an actor. But then again, maybe he just doesn't have the chops.[/quote]

I don't know if what he did in "I am Legend" was enough to consider it a stretch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The Ultimate Wall*E figure is awesome though...wish I had that much $ to throw away like that.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2613966/7709903[/quote]

wait til the tv/dvd combo unit comes out. That could actually work you know instead of the freaky cars one that TRU still has and hasn't clearance it yet.

Here are some problems I have with the plot. The Axoum (sp?) was ment to house humans for awhile (as I am sure the original designers did not mean for the ship to be out there for hundreds of years) until the earth was cleaned up, yet it became a GENERATIONAL SHIP. In 700 years none of the other ships could not find an earth like planet?

What type of plant was that?

I am not a botonist but how can 1 plant be used to replant the planet? In the ending credit sequence you see the humans dropping seeds...but where did they get them from? Did the ship have a seed storage facility all this time and no one thought about planting on an earth like planet?

What was the ship's destination? or did it even have one in the first place?

The humans still had the problem of cleaning up the planet since it wasn't finished by the Wall-E type robots.

Wanted is awesome! How can you disparge Wanted infamy? There is a deep philosophical question in that bulletfest.

Don't click the butten if you haven't seen the film. This spoiler button will actually ruin the movie unlike other less serious uses of the spoiler button.

Check it. Wanted is a parable about fallibility of man trying to live up to an externalized concept of God.

The loom is a metaphor for the Bible, the fraternatiy for the Church. Remember where Sloan says "I interpret, you execute" or something like that?

So the fraternity try to execute God's will by literally following the loom without questioning the reason behind it. They do so by blind faith. Even Fox who tells a personal reason for her belief, does not try to explain how it works only that it does. She is a pragmatist.

But we then learn that Sloan has been ordered to assassinate his own fraternity. He decides to reject his faith rather than to commit suicide. In doing so he accepts responsibility for his own actions and starts picking targets based on his own reasoning.

Wesley discovers the truth of Sloan's interpretation and goes to confront him.

Then comes Sloan's monologue. He asks the fraternity a question. The question basically boils down to, "Should you blindly adhere to the dogma of the loom, or will you not be better off if you disregard it and accept responsibility for you own actions?"

As you can recall everybody chose the later, with the exception of Fox. She surrendered her will and her life to God, right after giving Wesley the keys to the Church so it can be created anew.

To tell the truth, watching her end her life saddened me. (That last statement might have nothing to do with the analysis of the movie, I just wanted to get that off my chest.)

Wesley then kills the last remaining fraternity member, Sloan, leaving himself. Now the Church is purified of infidels and can effectively carry out God's will again.

That's how I understood the ending. You may believe that Wesley avenged his father's death, and has no intention of rebuilding the Fraternity. Indeed that is the question. What happened in the end? Wesley makes a monologue that he has now taken control of his life. He uesd to be a boring office drone but is now an ass kicking assassin.

But what is control? Is not control accepting a moral responsibility for your actions? Has Wesley really taken control of his life by rejecting his previous mundane life for a confining religious doctrine? Is not Wesley actually less free if he blindly chooses to execute orders granted to him from a Omniscient Loom?

[quote name='ITDEFX']
What was the ship's destination? or did it even have one in the first place?
[/quote]

I'll just address this one.

It didn't have a destination, it's mission was to float around in space and chill until the planet was fit for humans again.

[quote name='Rocko']I'll just address this one.

It didn't have a destination, it's mission was to float around in space and chill until the planet was fit for humans again.
[/quote]

#-o

Now maybe this would have been more believable if the humans lost their way floating about the galaxy and was looking for earth and EVE found earth after all this time.

Well...that was my thoughts anyways.. despite its strange problems, I still liked it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
#-o

Now maybe this would have been more believable if the humans lost their way floating about the galaxy and was looking for earth and EVE found earth after all this time.

Well...that was my thoughts anyways.. despite its strange problems, I still liked it.
[/quote]

I don't get it. What isn't believable about it? The planet was no longer fit to support human life, so WALL-E units were created and humans were sent into space to wait for earth to be habitable again, which would be known when EVE units returned with evidence of photosynthesis occurring.

though i expected wall-e to be good, im suprised to say that it is indeed fantastic.
My knee jerk reaction is to say that is the best family movie ive ever seen.
Im fairly certain my opinion will not change. there is nearly nothign I would call a must-see, this is a must-see and a theatre must-see.

I found a little thing that is pretty interesting also on the wall-e wiki page it lists all the pixar cameos.. =)
http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearchresults.asp?querytype=home&qu=wall-e&qxt=home&display=col

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WALL-E

I've watched videos of the ultimate wall-e toy it's cute, but kinda price if I'd pay $120 or $200 I'd want it to be a little smart this toy looks like it comes with a remote or something cute toy I might get it sometime in the future, but I'll wait to see the reactions of people who had bought it and played with it...

I'm trying to get the art of wall-e has anyone bought it I'm kinda wondering if it's a pretty good artbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back