Walmart Black Friday Ad 2020 - 11/25

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Deals start 11/25 7PM EST. Most deals are online only. More game deals will be available beyond what's in the ad. 

$499.99 PlayStation 5 Disc

$499.99 Xbox Series X 

$299.99 Nintendo Switch Neon Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle

$30 Games

• :switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • :switch: Super Mario Maker 2
  • :switch: Super Mario Aces
  • :switch: Splatoon 2
  • :switch: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • :switch: Yoshi Crafted World
  • :switch: Luigi's Mansion 3
  • :switch: Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Crash Trilogy
  • :ps4:  :xb1: PGA Tour 2K21
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2
  • :ps4: The Last Of Us Part 2
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Watch Dogs Legion
  • :ps4:  :xb1: NHL 21
  • :ps4:  :xb1: UFC 4
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Avengers
  • :ps4: Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • :ps4:  :xb1:  :switch: Just Dance 2021
  • :switch: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
$28 Games

• :ps4: :xb1: FIFA 21
  • :ps4: :xb1: Madden 21
  • :ps4: :xb1: :switch: NBA 2K21
$25 Games

• :ps4:  :xb1: Red Dead Redemption 2
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Star Wars Squadron
  • :ps4:  :xb1: The Sims 4 + Sims 4 Journey to Batuu
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Call of Duty WWII
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Need For Speed Heat
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Call of Duty Black Ops 4
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Jump Force
  • :ps4:  :xb1:  :switch: Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay
  • :switch: Borderlands Trilogy
$20 Games

• :ps4: Days Gone
  • :ps4: Marvel's Spider Man GotY Edition
  • :ps4: Death Stranding
  • :xb1: Gears 5
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Resident Evil 3
  • :ps4:  :xb1:  :switch: Minecraft Dungeons
  • :ps4:  Kingdom Hearts: All In One Package
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Sypro Trilogy
  • :ps4:  :xb1: Doom Eternal
  • :switch: Crash CTR
  • :switch: Sonic TeamRacing
  • :switch: Race Wtih Ryan
$15 Games

• :ps4: :xb1: Mortal Kombat 11
  • :ps4: :xb1: Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition
  • :ps4: :xb1: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • :ps4: :xb1: Destroy All Humans!
  • :ps4: :xb1: Rainbow Six Siege
  • :ps4: :xb1: Maneater
  • :ps4: MLB The Show 20
  • :ps4: :xb1: Predator Hunter Grounds
  • :xb1: Halo 5 Guardians
  • :switch: Sonic Mania
  • :switch: Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • :switch: BioShock Collection
  • :switch: LEGO DC Super-Villains

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Nothing for me right now. Was hoping to see more in the ad (says preview right now) not seeing anymore 4k dvds for black friday.
I was in my local walmart Sunday. They had a few black friday displays for dvd/br/4kbr and typical movie bin full of bf movies and tv show seasons with the regular colored stickers and a price guide posted. The only thing I bought was Rise of Skywalker because that was a solid deal at $8 for the 4k/br/digital combo pack. I would have been happy with the br/digital version (no 4k tv or player) but it was regular price. Given the pandemic... and how theaters have been closed most of the year, it's not much different than bf last year because there just isn't a lot more content.

Anyone know if Wal-Mart will have PS5 or Xbox Series X consoles in store on Black Friday?  The ad says online only, but everything that said online only last week was in stores.  Brickseek is showing consoles in stock, but I assumed those were for online pick order for this upcoming week, and not actual in-store purchase. 

Question is is watch dogs still good like $60 good?
I bought it and beat it. I switched over to the series x and it loaded way faster which made it easy to skip most of the dialogue and fast travel. I can’t wait to trade it off and feel like $30 may still be too high. The game isn’t really terrible but it’s really forgettable. Plus it has some strange bugs. Unless you are dying for something to play I would wait for sub $20.

I got it for $40 at release, played it for like an hour, and traded it in at gamestop for a $32.70 store credit a day ago. Did not rely like it as the missions just seemed to be too repetitive.
Thanks for letting me know. That’s what I think I’ll feel if I get Valhalla. That’s why it’s so hard for me to choose what games I want from targets b2g1. I did place an order for yakuza and cyberpunk and cancelled one tho. Hopefully can get demon souls with b2g1 soon

Watch Dogs Legion is neat at first. It's a very pretty game and there's an illusion of depth... But the progression is all wrong. Main story missions give nothing. All progression is done through recruitment (which is boring and tedious) or picking up tech points (which again is boring and tedious). Not to mention the actual progression is super underwhelming. WDL is honestly a C game, and it only gets that because of its beautiful graphics. Only worth $20, IMO.

AC Valhalla is definitely a better game. Still has some of that Ubisoftness to it, but it's more varied and has a better story. Reminds me of a classic Assassin's Creed game, which I love. I'd say it's a solid B. Probably worth the $50 you can get it for in a lot of places if you have nothing else to play.

Yakuza like a Dragon however, is A. If you like turn based JRPGs, it's so meaty and wonderful. Has Earthbound vibes with a serious story that pays off big in the end. Tons of content too. I only did like, half of the side content and none of the post-game and it took me 60 hours. I'd pay $70 for this.

Watch Dogs Legion is neat at first. It's a very pretty game and there's an illusion of depth... But the progression is all wrong. Main story missions give nothing. All progression is done through recruitment (which is boring and tedious) or picking up tech points (which again is boring and tedious). Not to mention the actual progression is super underwhelming. WDL is honestly a C game, and it only gets that because of its beautiful graphics. Only worth $20, IMO.

AC Valhalla is definitely a better game. Still has some of that Ubisoftness to it, but it's more varied and has a better story. Reminds me of a classic Assassin's Creed game, which I love. I'd say it's a solid B. Probably worth the $50 you can get it for in a lot of places if you have nothing else to play.

Yakuza like a Dragon however, is A. If you like turn based JRPGs, it's so meaty and wonderful. Has Earthbound vibes with a serious story that pays off big in the end. Tons of content too. I only did like, half of the side content and none of the post-game and it took me 60 hours. I'd pay $70 for this.
I would like to give Valhalla a chance but knowing myself, I’m a casual who stops playing if a game isn’t engaging all the way through. If story isn’t engaging and the combat gets boring, I most likely would stop playing it

Thanks for letting me know. That’s what I think I’ll feel if I get Valhalla. That’s why it’s so hard for me to choose what games I want from targets b2g1. I did place an order for yakuza and cyberpunk and cancelled one tho. Hopefully can get demon souls with b2g1 soon
Depends how long of a break you've taken TBH. For me, Black Flag was the last AC game I actually played and had a ton of fun with it. It's somewhat ironic that it was a PS4 launch game, but this time around I picked it up for XSX as my sole launch game and am having a blast with it. The main problem is Ubisoft design and how they've homogenized their games to all feel exactly the same. I mix it up by only playing AC every 5-7 years and filling any gaps with Far Cry.

Valhalla though honestly is quite the experience. Unless you're burnt out on Vikings, I'd honestly give it a chance as standalone game in that regard. It's fairly historically accurate and culturally faithful, so there's also an element of intrigue to be had.

Depends how long of a break you've taken TBH. For me, Black Flag was the last AC game I actually played and had a ton of fun with it. It's somewhat ironic that it was a PS4 launch game, but this time around I picked it up for XSX as my sole launch game and am having a blast with it. The main problem is Ubisoft design and how they've homogenized their games to all feel exactly the same. I mix it up by only playing AC every 5-7 years and filling any gaps with Far Cry.

Valhalla though honestly is quite the experience. Unless you're burnt out on Vikings, I'd honestly give it a chance as standalone game in that regard. It's fairly historically accurate and culturally faithful, so there's also an element of intrigue to be had.
Lol black flag was actually the last AC game I finished. I actually liked that game

No one likes Link's Awakening at $30? I'm considering it at least.

Also it's weird how it seems like they're desperate to get rid of Mario Rabbids, first putting it at $19.99 on Amazon recently and now marking it all the way down to $15, they'll be giving it away for free soon at this rate. Very strange to see a Mario title going for so cheap, although I suppose it's not a "real" Mario game.

No one likes Link's Awakening at $30?

Also it's weird how it seems like they're desperate to get rid of Mario Rabbids, marking it all the way down to $15 now, they'll be giving it away for free soon. Very strange to see a Mario title going for so cheap, although I suppose it's not a "real" Mario game.
the digital deals for rabbids are typically better as they have the gold edition that includes all the dlc

Question is is watch dogs still good like $60 good?
No. Not because of any belief that it's a bad game or franchise but because Watch Dog games go down in price so quickly after release that I'd wait for a sale until you were comfortable in the price you wanna pay. It's gonna be around $33 on BF so maybe wait a few days at least before buying it.

Not sure why they wouldn't just do this like they're doing everything else...just putting it out in phases.  Their movies went out some point this week and they have tons of pallets out.  Online deals get a big thumbs down from me that defeats the whole purpose and the "fun" of it.

In non-gaming news though I was able to pick up one of the Tineco vacuums for $99 still even though their price went back to $150.  At this specific WM they left the display up even though it seems to have expired so they honored it for me.  That's weird enough anyway though because most of the BF deals are "while supplies last"...but apparently they are also timed.  If you're looking for a new cordless vacuum I highly recommend it, it's awesome so far and easily the best cordless we've owned...check around for displays and signs still left out.

No. Not because of any belief that it's a bad game or franchise but because Watch Dog games go down in price so quickly after release that I'd wait for a sale until you were comfortable in the price you wanna pay. It's gonna be around $33 on BF so maybe wait a few days at least before buying it.
Watch Dogs Legion is 30 at Best Buy right now.

Ps5 preorder is 29.99. I have GCU so 23.99. $10 reward certificate if you order before Tuesday.

13.99. Right in your range.
By all means, enjoy then! Definitely would consider biting if my GCU were still active and all the stacks/discounts brought it down to that range (especially with the dual-generation straddle that allots players multiple copies of a game—not to mention scoring a next gen title that’s not even close to the new $70 price point).

Given Ubisoft’s historically aggressive discounting strategy for their games, I’m guessing the rest of us might be waiting another six months or so before possibly jumping on the bandwagon. And that’ll be totally okay, because I’ll probably still be playing some of these other games I’ve picked up during this Black Friday sale.

Walmart usually has the digital cards in store for the price of the physical copy. Anyone think they'll do that online?

By all means, enjoy then! Definitely would consider biting if my GCU were still active and all the stacks/discounts brought it down to that range (especially with the dual-generation straddle that allots players multiple copies of a game—not to mention scoring a next gen title that’s not even close to the new $70 price point).

Given Ubisoft’s historically aggressive discounting strategy for their games, I’m guessing the rest of us might be waiting another six months or so before possibly jumping on the bandwagon. And that’ll be totally okay, because I’ll probably still be playing some of these other games I’ve picked up during this Black Friday sale.
No question. Ubisoft titles sink like a rock.

For those looking for extended options (not necessarily a sizzling hot deal)... the digital version of FIFA 21 Switch is on sale at Walmart.com for $34.99

Edit: Just saw it was that price on the eShop too. Even better!

I was looking at the Walmart Black Friday ad and noticed that the video games are online only.  During the last Days of Deals sale I noticed everything that said online only was in the store at 5:00 AM on Saturday.  Anyone know if games will be available to purchase on special display stand, or at least from the glass displays? 

Real frustrated with Walmart.
Had two games to return but couldn't find my receipt, so I went in to get store credit since I was just gonna spend it on Black Friday anyway.
They refuse to do it in store claiming some sort of copyright bullshit. I check the return policy online just to make sure I'm right and end up calling.
They have a cash order lookup system so I try that given I know when I bought the games and they cannot find the order so they just hang up on me.
Any suggestions?

Real frustrated with Walmart.
Had two games to return but couldn't find my receipt, so I went in to get store credit since I was just gonna spend it on Black Friday anyway.
They refuse to do it in store claiming some sort of copyright bullshit. I check the return policy online just to make sure I'm right and end up calling.
They have a cash order lookup system so I try that given I know when I bought the games and they cannot find the order so they just hang up on me.
Any suggestions?
Try a different Walmart. They should give you a GC. Only reason they wouldn't is if they scan your DL (which they will) and they find out you're over a certain amount for the year.

If you can wait, you might want to do this AFTER the Thanksgiving week. I'm sure the stores will be more dead afterwards. I know you said you'd prefer to have it for BF, but this might be a case where it's more important to just make sure you get the credit so you can use it later.

Try a different Walmart. They should give you a GC. Only reason they wouldn't is if they scan your DL (which they will) and they find out you're over a certain amount for the year.

If you can wait, you might want to do this AFTER the Thanksgiving week. I'm sure the stores will be more dead afterwards. I know you said you'd prefer to have it for BF, but this might be a case where it's more important to just make sure you get the credit so you can use it later.
Thanks for the quick reply, guess I'll try that.
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I did a receiptless return so it has to have been over 2 years ago. I brought my DL expecting them to scan it and they didn't let it get that far.

I kinda want Link's Awakening, but not enough to go out and get covid again lol. Not paying the shipping+tax either since it ruins the deal. 

Grabbed crash 4 and the blue xbox controller. Looks like I missed zelda. Already beat it when it released but wanted to grab it at $30 if I ever wanted to revisit it down the road. Hopefully it comes back. Didn't realize walmart was going live so early.

Anyone know how many days it takes for in store pickup to actually go through?

I got crash 4, bishock switch and one of the $120 apple watches for in store pickup, but I’m not sure I trust them to actually be fulfilled.

bread's done
Back