Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='computingwarren']You know what I do? I grab all the games I want, and then pretend I bought them, and trick people into buying my games for $25 a pop and I leave with free money and pay full price for games :)[/QUOTE]

I hope you're trying to be funny.

[quote name='juubei1i']So you are implying that I can buy anything in the yet to be leaked Target BF ad prior to BF and just match it at Target customer svc the morning of?

That's interesting. I'll have to confirm this a few other places. I don't understand why they would revoke their previous policy cause it would certainly cause long lines at cust svc on BF morning. I'll look into it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, I was actually replying to another oost that said you could. I believe Target decided to not match BF deals from what I've read.

I can feel the tention and future disappointment building and it's still two weeks away. I'm usually up 36 hours straight shopping, so I'm going to have to come back here to read everyone's complaints. Wish you all the best but DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP.

Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria!

[quote name='computingwarren']You know what I do? I grab all the games I want, and then pretend I bought them, and trick people into buying my games for $25 a pop and I leave with free money and pay full price for games :)[/QUOTE]

So then when people try to walk out with the games you "bought" that haven't been deactivated yet and get arrested, that must be really hilarious. #sarcasm

Really, I hope this is a joke.

now to try to convince my wife to let me go out at 8pm to try to get some of these if not I will risk getting maybe 1 or 2 on Fri before work:cry:

[quote name='angrynoisefly']not even gonna waste my time with wal-mart. last year their bf games had a separate code from the normal versions, so there were only like 30 copies of the black friday deals[/QUOTE]

I shopped at Walmart last year during black friday, everyone was in huge lines waiting for the games and I simply went and grabbed the items on the shelves and cashed out with them no problem (and they were all games from the BF ad)

Wisconsin got boned. Would have to pay $40 for $25 games... Damn. I wanted NBA 2k13, too. Amazon probably won't price match, but I'll hold out hope.

[quote name='whtknight']I shopped at Walmart last year during black friday, everyone was in huge lines waiting for the games and I simply went and grabbed the items on the shelves and cashed out with them no problem (and they were all games from the BF ad)[/QUOTE]

I've seen several people post this idea so far. All the Walmarts I've seen have the games in locked up in the glass cases. Is that not normal?

[quote name='whtknight']I shopped at Walmart last year during black friday, everyone was in huge lines waiting for the games and I simply went and grabbed the items on the shelves and cashed out with them no problem (and they were all games from the BF ad)[/QUOTE]

This must be hit or miss with various games/stores. Cause I've posted previously that games from cases in the past did not ring up on sale for me. I did not try this last year to test.

Yes, it was a joke. I wouldn't do that. That's terrible.

If it was some punk kid, i would though.

Btw, everyone saying only the banana isle games are the only ones that work....i walked in at 4pm friday afternoon, store was dead, went to the game case and got every 360 game i wanted for and left happy.
No need to fight the crowds.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I've seen several people post this idea so far. All the Walmarts I've seen have the games in locked up in the glass cases. Is that not normal?[/QUOTE]

He might be refering to the "discount" rack. My WM has cases but low end stuff that is $19.99 are on racks.

I hope Amazons ad leaks out really soon as I want to see if they will match wallmarts prices. If they dont I either have to hope that target matches wallmarts price on dishonored or decide if i should get it at KMart for 5 extra bucks. I wish there was a wallmart in NYC sometimes

[quote name='FadeToOne']I've seen several people post this idea so far. All the Walmarts I've seen have the games in locked up in the glass cases. Is that not normal?[/QUOTE]

Usually, at least to every walmart I've been to on BF, they will have the titles on sale in a stand in the middle of a random aisle wrapped up in shrink wrap until it's time for the sale. Most people will go absolutely nuts and grab every title whether they want it or not, but they almost always forget that there are still games behind the cases in the electronics dept. If I can't get a game from the makeshift stands, then I just go the electronics dept.

Thankfully, I go to school in a college town so either many people leave to be with their families or they will go to a larger town to go shopping. Last year I went to a different place and when I got back home at around 7 am, they still had several door buster items left.

8 PM? Nice, I definitely know where I'm getting an early jump on my Friday shopping. Some great deals I have my eyes on.

Dishonored
Skyrim
X-com
Max Payne

last year i waited for the cardboard but got screwed over went back at 2 am and saw games left on shelves took them to buy and walla gave me sale price

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Maybe this has been asked before, but can't someone just return/rebuy on black Friday?

Does that also apply to other retailers?

I've got my eye on dishonored, xcom, and borderlands 2, but Walmart gets too hectic. I'm thinking of just buying it, holding on to the receipt and come black Friday, I return and rebuy with the black Friday prices. Should be possible, no?[/QUOTE]

My aunt did this at Target about 3 years ago with her GPS. She walked right up to the customer service desk while everyone fought for their stuff ha. Not sure if things have changed though. If not, I will absolutely be doing this. Gonna double check all the stores return policies.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope Amazons ad leaks out really soon as I want to see if they will match wallmarts prices. If they dont I either have to hope that target matches wallmarts price on dishonored or decide if i should get it at KMart for 5 extra bucks. I wish there was a wallmart in NYC sometimes[/QUOTE]
...amazons ad???

Hopefully online retailers will match or come close with their deals. Come on amazon step your game up and hoping newegg also out n sme great deals

i usually avoid wal-mart like the plague, but i might bite on some of those $15-25 titles. does anyone remember them baiting and switching last year though? i head about how they had extremely low quantities of the games that were on sale, despite the fact that they had lots of inventory, they were just refusing to sell them.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Hmm, then I wonder if the return/rebuy is a risk worth taking?

Worse comes to worse, I'm hiding those games somewhere in the store a few days before bf, like, under some mattresses or something.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall retailers allowing retutns and rebuys at the same time during BF. For an out of period return and rebuy its risky when you're not guaranteed to get the BF deal due to stock issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in Arizona and im getting the same deals as everyone else.

Im intrested in.
Borderlands 2 25
Battlefield 3 Premium 25
Red Dead Redemption GOTY 15
God of War Collection 15
(HP Deskjet 1056 Printer 19) I want to start printing out my adds instead of using my phone lol.

But I still don't see FF13-2, and Sims 3 on any BF or Thursday deals...

I submitted to amazon about the price of Max Payne 3 at Kmart, Fall of Cybertron at Walmart, AC3 at Best Buy, Borderlands 2 at Walmart.

Every year I've gone back there they have 2 very overworked people covering the entire electronics department. So the cases are all standing open with a person just handing games out as you ask for them. It's really simple and painless (for the customer... poor worker though.)

Well. It's the more expensive prices at the Walmart here for me, which is good because I won't be buying anything from Walmart this year. But even with the lower prices, I still won't venture into Walmart after what happened last year.

I haven't been to Walmart at all during Black Friday. While on a trip last year, I decided to go and live the experience just once...and I almost got killed. Never, ever again. My life is worth more than the savings of a few dollars here and there on a few games. And I have to think of my family if something were to happen to me.

[quote name='Investor']Well. It's the more expensive prices at the Walmart here for me, which is good because I won't be buying anything from Walmart this year. But even with the lower prices, I still won't venture into Walmart after what happened last year.

I haven't been to Walmart at all during Black Friday. While on a trip last year, I decided to go and live the experience just once...and I almost got killed. Never, ever again. My life is worth more than the savings of a few dollars here and there on a few games. And I have to think of my family if something were to happen to me.[/QUOTE]
How did you almost get killed? If you don't mind me asking.

[quote name='Investor']Well. It's the more expensive prices at the Walmart here for me, which is good because I won't be buying anything from Walmart this year. But even with the lower prices, I still won't venture into Walmart after what happened last year.

I haven't been to Walmart at all during Black Friday. While on a trip last year, I decided to go and live the experience just once...and I almost got killed. Never, ever again. My life is worth more than the savings of a few dollars here and there on a few games. And I have to think of my family if something were to happen to me.[/QUOTE]

If you die I'll take care of your family... lol

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']How did you almost get killed? If you don't mind me asking.[/QUOTE]
black_friday_trample_lg.jpg

Hey so i want to get skylanders giants starter pack for my brother for his 3ds..... do you think the 39 dollar price applies to all starter packs?! i looked up my local ad and it doesn't say Wii only, all it says is "only at walmart, no rainchecks, limited quantity" and do you think they would give me that price if i hid a copy a few days early? Its for his birthday...........so i don't know

So far all I see for me is Dishonored. Thought about Skyrim but Bethesda is ass when it comes to PS3 DLC. Hope Amazon matches these deals; Don't feel like dealing with the mobs of people going crazy.

NBA 2k13 is a joke to me with the VC, so I'll probably sell mine and put it towards the $15 Journey Collection at Gamestop. Not much I want this year since most of the stuff was pushed back to early next year. If Batman Arkham City GOTY is at 15 or 20 I may bite.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So Fable the Journey, $15 a month an a half after release. Is it really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Forza Horizon is $15 after 3 weeks... is it bad?

I'm pretty excited, but Walmart does that pallet thing. Everyone destroys the pallets in 20 seconds and all the games are gone. I got lucky last year and grabbed a Battlefield 3 off the floor for 28 bucks.

I'll give the sneak back to the electronics dept. strategy a try for Tekken Tag 2 and Dance Central 3...hopefully Dead or Alive 5 is one of those discounted titles too. No way I'm going to push through a mass of humanity for the ones on the cardboard displays.

There are literally two Walmarts within 2.5 miles of each other where I'll be for Thanksgiving.

[quote name='Gkage']Hope Amazon matches these deals; Don't feel like dealing with the mobs of people going crazy.[/QUOTE]

Then submit the lower price to amazon to tell them about it!!!!!!! Do you want to see another failure from Amazon? Do something about it.

[quote name='JohnWayne']How awesome would it be if best buy or walmart added the wii u on BF as like a sale for the first 10 people. I would definately line up around 3 PM for that[/QUOTE]

Umm last year in Columbus off Georgesville Rd, there was 3 guys that camped (and I do mean camped with a tent, grille etc) outside Walmart from Monday until BF. The 10 limit on the TV were in line by Wednesday afternoon.

Not sure if 3pm will cut it.

I was waiting around for the sales to start when they let everyone in line in. Next thing I know we were all shoulders to shoulders in the isles when people started rioting and fighting over some toy items. Everyone else started moving away from the fight and pushes everyone else on the fringe against the isles. I was being squish onto a shelf with lots of pots and pans and got jabs by the handles digging into my sides and back. Everything happened so fast I got jammed into the shelves. If it weren't for those shelves, I would have easily lost my footing and gotten crushed to death. Never again.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']How did you almost get killed? If you don't mind me asking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='earvcunanan']Forza Horizon is $15 after 3 weeks... is it bad?[/QUOTE]

Touché, but Fable seems to be so hit or miss and trying to adapt it for kinect makes me wonder

Oh I didnt see that Sly Collection for 10 dollars. temptation. Wonder if DOA5 will be on sale too.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Umm last year in Columbus off Georgesville Rd, there was 3 guys that camped (and I do mean camped with a tent, grille etc) outside Walmart from Monday until BF. The 10 limit on the TV were in line by Wednesday afternoon.

Not sure if 3pm will cut it.[/QUOTE]

That is the most retarded thing ever. You can work the whole week and make more than what you save with that deal. Proof that the campers are the same folks flipping my hamburgers whenever I pull up to Burger King.

I love when people exaggerate.

"OMGZ I almost died on Black Friday."
I've heard that from so many people. It starts to lose shocking value when more and more people say that line.

VERY few people have died on Black Friday. There have been a good handful of injuries over the years. But actual deaths?
Very few and far between.

People underestimate the human body. Unless you are an old cripple, or a young child, getting stepped on isn't going to kill you (If this were the case..... we would need a lot more graves). It might break a couple bones, sure. But you aren't going to die most likely.

And a young child or old person doesn't belong in a massive crowd on Black Friday by virtue of intelligence.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Umm last year in Columbus off Georgesville Rd, there was 3 guys that camped (and I do mean camped with a tent, grille etc) outside Walmart from Monday until BF. The 10 limit on the TV were in line by Wednesday afternoon.

Not sure if 3pm will cut it.[/QUOTE]
Usually, according to my experience, the first three or four in line are campers (with tents), followed by about five that started in the morning (for midnight doorbusters). So for BF new comers, plan accordingly if you want to be amongst the first twenty people in line. 3PM will get you nowhere if the sale starts prior to midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back