Walmart Pre Black Friday Deals are LIVE in-store

TheFizzzzzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
229 (100%)
Just left my local Walmart and all advertisement is up and prices are ringing up sale prices

Ok people...... I've seen tons of posts about the BLACK FRIDAY sale.....

THIS IS THE PRE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!!!! 2 PAGE AD WALMART PUT OUT TO BEAT COMPETITOR'S BLACK FRIDAY PRICES.

As specified in another thread the highlights

-- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs - WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37

-- ALL PS4 and Xbox One Video Games WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49

That's it for gaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic but my local Walmart absolutely FAILED working the midnight release. Huge line back at layaway for the system release and THEY WOULDN'T GIVE FORZA, DEAD RISING, RYSE TO ANYONE NOT IN THE SYSTEM LINE!!! There were lines at game cases for those games, lines at layaway for the games, and the 2 people working electronics wouldn't sell games/accessories to anyone that didn't stand in the line to buy a system. It was 12:25 and they still hadn't successfully checked out the first system purchase. People started leaving lol. I did too and hope I can get Forza/Dead Rising in the A.M. since it will be 49 also

So wonder if this is a sign that the black friday ad will kick in early like it did last year and I scored games and stuff without waiting in those ridiculous lines when it was supposed to start at like 8pm? Seems about right since this ad was supposed to go live Friday but went live Thursday...one can hope hah.

So wonder if this is a sign that the black friday ad will kick in early like it did last year and I scored games and stuff without waiting in those ridiculous lines when it was supposed to start at like 8pm? Seems about right since this ad was supposed to go live Friday but went live Thursday...one can hope hah.
I'm hoping for the same thing and it most likely will. I'm getting all my games from Amazon but might swing by Walmart early knowing they will most likely have everything selling much earlier than they should like before.

I'm hoping for the same thing and it most likely will. I'm getting all my games from Amazon but might swing by Walmart early knowing they will most likely have everything selling much earlier than they should like before.
I'm assuming you guys are talking about 24 hour stores?

I'm assuming you guys are talking about 24 hour stores?
All the stores in my area are 24 hours.

Last year they started the sale hours before it was suppose to start. Registers were ringing up the BF price.

I end up going to the store hours before hand, going to the game section and picking up all I want. I just skipped the line (technically to get to the register) and brought my games for the sale price. Then went home and had dinner.

Funny, the first Walmart I went to refused to sell me the games early even though they were out and not in the pallet's (which is illegal). I didn't argue too much. Went to the next closest store and got my games without a problem.

Yigytugd said:
All the stores in my area are 24 hours.

Last year they started the sale hours before it was suppose to start. Registers were ringing up the BF price.

I end up going to the store hours before hand, going to the game section and picking up all I want. I just skipped the line (technically to get to the register) and brought my games for the sale price. Then went home and had dinner.

Funny, the first Walmart I went to refused to sell me the games early even though they were out and not in the pallet's (which is illegal). I didn't argue too much. Went to the next closest store and got my games without a problem.
why is this not legal-- a business can refuse service to anyone for any reason-- capitalism

So I went to check out if this sale is live and indeed I saw all Xbox One games listed for $49. All except one, Dead Rising 3 showed for $40. I figured someone easily just mis-wrote 40 since all others said 49 but asked the cashier at electronics if he could match it anyway. Sure enough I walked out of there with DR3 for $42.80 after tax! I will post the receipt for proof in a bit but here is the sign that displayed the wrong price in-case anyone can give it a shot at their local Walmart.

Edit: Here's the receipt for proof.

The Day One Edition of Dead Rising 3 has slightly different boxart, and says Day One Edition on the front, right?

I really have my heart set on getting that edition, and was under the impression the entire first run of the game was going to be that edition.

Yet, in the picture above, that appears to be the standard edition. If that's what I see at Wal-Mart, then I'm forced to make the decision if it's worth paying and extra 10 dollars for the Day One Edition. Ugh....

yeah I'm confused about the Day One games too. I assumed all the copies available in stores at launch would be Day Ones, but now I see that's not the case. Has anyone seen these things in the wild or is it just a lost cause by now?

yeah I'm confused about the Day One games too. I assumed all the copies available in stores at launch would be Day Ones, but now I see that's not the case. Has anyone seen these things in the wild or is it just a lost cause by now?
It's mixed. I have some friends that work retail. They both said their stores received both day one and regular editions of games. Day one majority for preorder, regular else wise. They work at Best Buy and Gamestop. But I did see Day One Edition of Ryse at Walmart, they only had regular DR3. So it's probably hit and miss.

my bestbuy had 0 day one editions, even for preorders..

So much for being online too..... For Disney infinity anyway they took the add to cart button away and said check stores. Never even changed in price. Can't get to store till like 9-10

Grabbed a Disney Infinity Starter set for Wii U last night. My 4 year old is turning into quite the little gamer enjoying games such as Wind Waker, Rayman, Mario, Sonic, Tank Tank Tank, etc... I actually don't know much about Disney Infinity but this should be right up her alley.

They didn't have any Zelda 3DSXL's out last night. Just got back and was able to get it. Already rang up for $199 and I used the $10 eGift card from the pricing glitch to get it for $189. So stoked to get it at that price! Now if LBTW would finish downloading :)

Is this seriously happening? This is insane, if so. I might check out Walmart soon if this is indeed a true deal happening at all Walmarts.

Scanned Forza 5 Normal and Day One edition and they came up $49.  Also every other XB1 game I scanned as well.  DR3, Ryse, NFS:Rivals, Zoo Tycoon, CoD:Ghosts, CoD:Ghosts digital double pack, & LEGO Marvel.  Didn't check anything else except the skylanders and disney infinity which came up as $37.  This was in IL at 1am CST.

Nothin was marked for the sale at the walmart I checked out after work. Nor have I seen in any ad the $99 xboxs some have mentioned. Only ad I've seen that in is for their actual Black Friday deals, and it's for a 4gb slim

Apparently Skylanders is also on Target's website for the same price. I believe Free Shipping and 5% off for individuals with Red Card - for anyone interested. 

I needed a new tv, still working with a projection tv(no hdmi ports obviously) but not today! Picked up 2 tvs without a problem. No employee knew of the deal except the electronics worker. Thank you OP!

Just grabbed Skylanders for my PS4. I was severely disappointed with Killzone and I'm probably selling that tomorrow, so hopefully this will hold me over for a while.

Hopefully the portal is backwards compatible and works with the PS3 and the PS3 games...I'll have to research it.

Rang up as priced with no issue, the lady also had a copy of the ad at the register I noticed. 4-5 PS4 versions on the shelf...I got there at 7:30, there wasn't a rush on them or anything but I saw 3 other people buying different versions. Employees were extremely unhelpful, but whatever. Worth mentioning I live in a really small town. I was thinking of getting a few to flip, but nah, I'd rather someone else get a good deal too :] 

Saw people ask if The Last of Us was part of this PRE Black friday sale.  Was wondering that myself so I stopped by a WalMart on the way to work and...

nope.  Asked someone that worked there who rolled his eyes and got annoyed as if he's been asked this 1001 times.

I called the walmart in madison AL and they said most of the game deals for the pre black friday stuff today are almost all XB1 and PS4 games.

Just went to my Walmart, this should definitely be at all stores. I took a picture of the display. 50 for brand new launch games is a great deal.

Picture of the display right here.

Looks like no "Day One" editions included, at least it seems to be YMMV.

bread's done
Back