Walmart Pre Black Friday Deals are LIVE in-store

TheFizzzzzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
229 (100%)
Just left my local Walmart and all advertisement is up and prices are ringing up sale prices

Ok people...... I've seen tons of posts about the BLACK FRIDAY sale.....

THIS IS THE PRE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!!!! 2 PAGE AD WALMART PUT OUT TO BEAT COMPETITOR'S BLACK FRIDAY PRICES.

As specified in another thread the highlights

-- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs - WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37

-- ALL PS4 and Xbox One Video Games WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49

That's it for gaming

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone was interested in PMing thr 3dsxl at walmart for $150 with targets ad today make sure you bring the target black friday ad!

I was able to price match and get the deal early today, but they had to check with the manager, which took a while. Can't complain about the deal though!

Got Skylanders for $27 + tax!  Glad I held onto that coupon, and sooooo happy no Black Friday lines trying to stack the coupon at midnight!

So are they price matching other BF ads early as well? Such as if I go in and try to price match the Target 3DS Xl for $150.

They will match other competitors ads on black friday. Today they are only matching a few select deals from their competitors ads.They

have a separate ad which shows what items they are matching today.

Picked up Skylanders for Xbox One today.  They were pretty picked over on XB1 games.  I ended getting my other games at Best Buy.

Anybody know if the Day One Forza cars will also be DLC? I wanna pick it up but won't be getting an X1 right away. If the day one cars are exclusive to this edition I might buy the game now otherwise I'll hold off till I get an X1.

Got the last Disney Infinty for WiiU in my store and then got an extra one for a Christmas gift at Target.

From Walmart I also got Forza Day One and I saw DR3 and Ryse Day one editions with the same 49.99 price. 

This was in North Austin about 3 hrs ago.

Yeah, the initial wording for this "Week-Early" Black Friday deal was a bit misleading. You do not actually get any of the WalMart Black Friday deals a week early. Nor are they matching any other deals that are going to be available on Black Friday from other stores. It would be more accurate to call this a "Pre-Black-Friday" deal. It is it's own separate sale, with it's own sale items.

The big draws for gamers are that all the PS4 and XBox One games are $10 off, which is not bad. Also, they have prices on the Disney Infinity and Skylanders: Swap-Force Starter packs that are comparable to the bargains that Toys R Us will be running on Black Friday. Anyone interested in getting some Infinity or Skylanders: Swap Force for Christmas should take note. This is a great price, it's available in store and on-line, and it's available on just about every system.

Yeah, the initial wording for this "Week-Early" Black Friday deal was a bit misleading. You do not actually get any of the WalMart Black Friday deals a week early. Nor are they matching any other deals that are going to be available on Black Friday from other stores. It would be more accurate to call this a "Pre-Black-Friday" deal. It is it's own separate sale, with it's own sale items.

The big draws for gamers are that all the PS4 and XBox One games are $10 off, which is not bad. Also, they have prices on the Disney Infinity and Skylanders: Swap-Force Starter packs that are comparable to the bargains that Toys R Us will be running on Black Friday. Anyone interested in getting some Infinity or Skylanders: Swap Force for Christmas should take note. This is a great price, it's available in store and on-line, and it's available on just about every system.
Is this the freaking twilight zone?!?
Look at the TITLE!!!!!!!
PRE BLACK FRIDAY DEALS...

I'm starting to question people's ability to read...
Nowhere in OP does it state this is Black Friday deals OR that it is for matching Black Friday deals. The description was accurate.

My walmart didn't even bother putting up the sale prices. Took the electronics guy almost 40 mins to retrieve the game I wanted from the electronics lock up. May need to look into going to another walmart lol

Walmart makes shopping really difficult.  Is that had to put up a sign with a sale price?  Apparently.  My local one had a lot of signs that said original price and sale price with both parts of the sign left blank.  I asked the electronics guy how much Need for Speed Rivals was because the flyer said it was on sale and he told me they don't match the internet.  I finally got him to take it to the register and it rang up at the sale price.  

Not 1 PS4 or XBOX1 game had a sale sign.  Skylanders and Disney Infinity didn't have sale signs.  I was there at 7 at night and the was lots of stock of everything.  I wonder how many sales they didn't make because they couldn't get signs or let the staff know there was a sale?  They even had a video loop on the in store TVs promoting the pre-black friday sale.  Many years ago I worked in retail and this kind of thing never would have happened.  Someone is really asleep at the wheel.

Just as a FYI, the 'Day One' DLC for Dead Rising 3 is free through the XBOX One Store (via console).  I went to several stores yesterday and seemingly none had the Day One version - so it was a nice surprise to see it both available and free.

I'm starting to question people's ability to read...
Nowhere in OP does it state this is Black Friday deals OR that it is for matching Black Friday deals. The description was accurate.
I didn't first hear about this promotion in this thread. It was mentioned in all the major blogs, but the initial details were hazy. I think there were quite a few people who were confused about what exactly was going on before a greater degree of clarification was provided.

But that's all in the past now. I stopped by a WalMart near me and got Skylander's Swap-Force for the PS4 at the sale price. I was then able to price-match at Target in order to get Disney Infinity.

Thinking of buying the Ipod mini 16 gb for my girlfriend at $299/ $100 gift card. I don't know anything about tablets, she wants one for gaming and to watch anime and stuff. Anyone know if this is a good deal or if I'll find a better one? Should I be looking at a different tablet all together?

Thinking of buying the Ipod mini 16 gb for my girlfriend at $299/ $100 gift card. I don't know anything about tablets, she wants one for gaming and to watch anime and stuff. Anyone know if this is a good deal or if I'll find a better one? Should I be looking at a different tablet all together?
I had one of those and was perfectly happy with it. It's not the fastest model though (it's basically a smaller iPad 2) and doesn't have the retina display. It handled all the 3D games I threw at it fine but it's definitely going to show it's age sooner.

I bought one of the last two Disney Infinity starters for Wii U that were left this morning. There was one 3DS copy and no PS3/360 copies left. I saw an obese woman throw a fit when the associate said the 360 version was sold out. I figured I would forego Mario Wii U since the demo looked decent on the Wii U console demo machine. Might not open it right away, though.

And there were Skylanders: Swap Force starters as far as the eye could
see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally happened to come across some of the bags of chips with the Skylanders coupons that expired on the 17th.  Bought two and just realized that this ends today and now I won't even have a chance to get back out there and try them out.

I will never set foot inside a Walmart again after today, anyways my store was completely picked over of almost every Disney infinity and skylanders item despite the store locator showing in stock. I also needed other items I can only get at Walmart here, so I had to go regardless, yes there are some items I can only get at Walmart here. The store was a madhouse and I could barely move. I ended up price matching for a swap force starter at Target where the PM was amazingly easy since the return desk clerk said she had been price matching the skylanders sets all day.

I will never set foot inside a Walmart again after today, anyways my store was completely picked over of almost every Disney infinity and skylanders item despite the store locator showing in stock. I also needed other items I can only get at Walmart here, so I had to go regardless, yes there are some items I can only get at Walmart here. The store was a madhouse and I could barely move. I ended up price matching for a swap force starter at Target where the PM was amazingly easy since the return desk clerk said she had been price matching the skylanders sets all day.
You won't step foot inside Walmart again because you went to the sale days late expecting to get a popular item, AND it happened to be the Sunday before Thanksgiving, which is historically a very busy grocery shopping day???

Logical..

You won't step foot inside Walmart again because you went to the sale days late expecting to get a popular item, AND it happened to be the Sunday before Thanksgiving, which is historically a very busy grocery shopping day???

Logical..
Do you have any idea what my walmart is like, if you were in it, I don't think you would step foot in it again either. There was so much merchandise and it was piled everywhere, in seemingly random patterns. Half the baking stuff was in one aisle, half in another, same with all the other items. I was running into displays because they were sticking out so much, and there was barely enough room to get one cart through since the displays were so large. The prices were NOT lower than the grocery store, in fact I paid more for some items than I would at the grocery store, and Walmart does not double coupons or have sales like the grocery store does. This alone gives me a reason to never set foot in there again, I am paying more for a sub-par shopping experience. The sale was advertised as being good for a few days, and the store locator showed products in stock, really Walmart is the biggest store in the whole USA and they can't even get their online inventory levels right? That is just pathetic. Target's store locator is always spot on for me, so there is no excuse. Target's electronics department was also well organized and nothing was thrown everywhere like at Walmart's. If Target can keep a clean store then I don't see why Walmart can't, the 2 stores are within minutes of each other here.

I woke up at 8am to check for this game online on the day the sale started and it was not even in stock then, checked again at 8:30 am still not in stock.... if it was ever in stock online it must have been in stock for like 5 seconds. Sitting at my computer refreshing a page for 3-4 hours is not worth it so I can get in on a deal that lasts all of 5 min if that. If I have to go through that, then I could happily live without the item.

The only good thing about about walmart is it seems to be corralling the other people so I can shop at the grocery store where there are less crowds, organized merchandise and lower prices. Unfortunately, I have to shop for food here, since I need to eat to live so I have to shop somewhere.

I don't know what they are going to do for BF, since the whole electronics department was already picked to shreds, so there won't be much of anything left for the actual event. Its hard to believe that they could restock an entire department by this Friday in order to prepare for the massive hordes of people that will come in.

And there were Skylanders: Swap Force starters as far as the eye could
see.
It was like that at the Walmarts near me as well. It's understandable, in a way. Skylanders is the existing contender, while Disney Infinity is the new hotness this year. Disney Infinity also has Disney's branding and marketing behind it. And on top of all that, Disney Infinity is available on fewer platforms. Skylanders also has established production and distribution on its side.

It is possible to price-match at other major retailers, and they usually have more stock on Disney Infinity. I was able to price-match a Wii U starter pack at Target. I always feel a little bad about price-matching, so I usually avoid it. It feels like I'm mugging the store in order to get a good deal. I know it's silly, but I avoid it whenever possible.

Just as a FYI, the 'Day One' DLC for Dead Rising 3 is free through the XBOX One Store (via console). I went to several stores yesterday and seemingly none had the Day One version - so it was a nice surprise to see it both available and free.
How do you do this? Through the Browser on XBone?

bread's done
Back