Walmart Pre-order 3 games $179 (PS3/360), receive $50 Gift Card

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Saw this posted on Destructoid, couldn't find it on here.

Almost like a $16 gift card per game, it's not great, but at least the selection of games is good.

PS3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Dead Rising 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIV
Front Mission: Evolved
Gran Turismo 5
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (w/ Bonus)
Max Payne 3
Medal of Honor
MMA: Mixed Martial Arts
NBA 2K11
NCAA Football 11
NHL 11
Rock Band: Green Day (game only)
Singularity
Spec Ops: The Line
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 11
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Tron: Evolution
True Crime

Xbox 360 - Link works properly now.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (w/ Bonus)
Mafia II
Max Payne 3
Medal of Honor
MMA: Mixed Martial Arts
NBA 2K11
NCAA Football 11
NHL 11
Rock Band: Green Day (game only)
Singularity
Spec Ops: The Line
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 11
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out if any of these games are day one purchases for me, that'd be the only way it'd be worth it.

Hate to do it, but bumped. The Xbox 360 link works properly now, and there are some variations to the list.

[quote name='Jodou']When do they send the GC and is there any obligation to buy?[/QUOTE]

Gift cards are typically sent immediately after purchase, so this has always been a winning factor for me with walmart.com. How it works is that you pay for the $50 gift card, then the games are discounted $50 off total. So if you were to cancel the order you've already paid for the gift card but you miss out on the discounted prices of the games. Pretty smart set up I gotta say.

If one were to do this, would they also get the bonus gift card that comes with pre ordering each individual game?

I didn't see this posted elsewhere.. probably for good reason... but at least it isnt a YMMV deal. Walmart.com is running the following promotion:

Pre-order "3 Top games" for 179.00 and receive a $50 e-gift card.

Games include:
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Dead Rising 2
FFXIV
Kane & Lynch 2 w/ Exclusive Wal-mart bonus guide
Gran Turismo 5
Max Payne 3
Medal of Honor
EA Sports MMA
NBA 2k11
NCAA Football 2k11
NHL 11
Rockband: Green Day
Singularity
Spec Ops
SW: TFU2
Tiger Woods 11
True Crime

360: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pre-Order-...69812114379667
PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pre-Order-3-Games-Get-a-50-Gift-Card-PS3/14528956?findingMethod=rr

Dang. For games that dont come with credit on Amazon this is a great deal. Too bad its only for PS3. I would jump on Dead Rising 2, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and Fallout if it were for 360 as well. Ends up being like $16.66 in credit per game basically.

Almost a buy 3 get 1 free. Still though, you have to commit to potentially unknown quality games. A bunch there will be great, I assume, but you never know.
Thanks OP, but I'll hold my breath for the hopeful TRU buy 2 get 1 this fall.

This is a great deal if you were going to order those games anyway. The only game I want to have right away is Medal of Honor; everything else I can wait for a price drop.

[quote name='mxpowar']This is a great deal if you were going to order those games anyway. The only game I want to have right away is Medal of Honor; everything else I can wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Not really...at $59.99 a pop, that comes out to be:

$59.99 x 4 = $239.96
$239.96 x 1.06 (sales tax) = $254.35
$254.35 - 50 GC = $204.35
204.35 / 4 = $51.09 per game.

That's approximately $10 off per game. Not really much of a deal.

what NCAA Football 2k11 do u mean NCAA football 11 by EA and not 2K

Meh. After tax, it comes out to almost $200 for a measly three games. And whatever you buy w/ the gift card from Walmart will likely be near full price and taxed also.

I remember awhile back Amazon having a "Spend $120 on videogames, get $40 gift credit" deal, which was pretty sweet (especially when combined with various other sorts of CAG trickery).

[quote name='sTaTIx']Meh. After tax, it comes out to almost $200 for a measly three games. And whatever you buy w/ the gift card from Walmart will likely be near full price and taxed also.

I remember awhile back Amazon having a "Spend $120 on videogames, get $40 gift credit" deal, which was pretty sweet (especially when combined with various other sorts of CAG trickery).[/QUOTE]

Wow that sounds awesome if my B2g1 free plans fall through since I have $25 amazon credit.
Any idea if/when they'll do it again?

[quote name='Charles.Surge']@blahtastic It's 3 games, not 4.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of that but it's buy 3, get a 50% off the NEXT order. You can't use the gift card on the 3 games you purchase, but rather on the game you buy AFTER that.

$180+$20 (TAX) - $50 (Gift Card)= Around $200 for 4 games totaling 50 bucks a piece for games at launch is good for me.

[quote name='starmask2k3']when do u get the $50 Walmart.com eGift Card*[/QUOTE]
^^ This. Do you get it the moment all three ship, or once you place the order?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Not really. 50 bucks each game at launch isn't MSRP[/QUOTE]
Close enough. Besides which you're buying them at MSRP and only if you figure in the $50 gift card you get after buying three of them at MSRP at launch do they drop at all.

But it is fun to watch Wally World trying to compete with Amazon and such. It's too bad WM couldn't be in the same position Kmart currently is(being irrelevant and outdated), since they're a horrible chain by comparison to even Kmart. I've ALWAYS found deals there, while WM has been the home of 'always MSRP prices, ALWAYS' for me.

bread's done
Back