Walmart PSN Cards on Clearance - YMMV

Darkprime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just got back from my local walmart in Dumfries, VA where I got a $50 PSN card for $40. They had tons of them, as well as $20 cards for $17.

0516090707.jpg

[quote name='outphase']Unless you activated your PSN account on more than 5 PS3s, this would not be a problem. You can download unlimited times on up to 5 activated PS3s.

Why you repaid for something you already paid for is unknown to me.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I didn't have to re-download anything as of yet, but I know some of the items I've already grabbed have disappeared from the store. I do know that they are available in my downloads list though, so at least I know where I can re-download them from when I get my PS3 back(which is supposed to be back on Weds now).

I didn't actually know that you can DL stuff unlimited times on up to 5 PS3's. That's good to know, since I thought it was 3 DL's and then I'm SOL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Wal*Mart is actually clearancing something and it isn't a .10 drop from MSRP?

[/QUOTE]

My local Wal-Marts clearance stuff all the time, they're also brand new stores. I got 2 official Sony UMD cases that hold 8 UMD's for $6 each and they also have the standard PSP 2000 batteries on clearance. Their Skype PC headsets were also on clearance for $5.

Neither of my WM's had these marked but I'll scan them next time to see if they ring up with the reduced price.

Checked 2 Wal-Marts today...

Fairfield, CA: PSN Cards nowhere to be seen (no place in the PSN Accessories, nothing behind the counter, or in other parts of electronics)

Vacaville, CA: Tons of cards clearly marked next to the PS3 Accessories. Unfortunately, the cards scanned for their face value.

The Kingstowne Blvd Wal-Mart in Alexandria VA is not among the Elect. Hopefully this markdown spreads, but for now, save yourself the time and gas - their cards are $50 and $20.

To the people here who got cards at Walmart or have cards that are unused:

Are any of yall willing to trade for Wii Points? I have over 16,000 points in my account, but I don't really see anything to get. If we trade though, I would have to gift you the game(s) off the shop channel. I am willing to gift a little extra points. So like for a $20 PSN card, I am willing to gift a total of 2300 Points of games. Anyone interested? Looking for all PSN amounts.

Austin is a bust... I went to like 500 stores (really more like 499)... I'm beginning to suspect a late April fools joke.

Damn you Walmart and your YMMV-ness:bomb:

St. Augustine, FL - were marked at normal $20/$50 prices. :(

They did have the Eye of Judgment bundle (with EyeToy) for only $20. I was tempted, but I would never use the camera I'm guessing.

Make sure you actually price-check the cards. My Wal-Mart (in North Versailles, PA) had them marked at the normal 20/50 price point, but scanned in at 17/40.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']St. Augustine, FL - were marked at normal $20/$50 prices. :(

They did have the Eye of Judgment bundle (with EyeToy) for only $20. I was tempted, but I would never use the camera I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

normal prices as well in piscataway, nj. that eye of judgement bundle for 20 is nice. i have bioshock factory sealed with game sleeve if u are interested in a trade.

Got back from checking a few in PA, the Morgantown one is redoing the electronics department and didn't have any out, the remodel in Exeter had cards listed full price and no way to price check, but the supercenter in Temple off of 5th street highway had the cards listed for full but scanned for the 17 and the 40, and for those curious, no sales tax, even checked out up front.

[quote name='traprat87']the Morgantown one is redoing the electronics department and didn't have any out, the remodel in Exeter had cards listed full price and no way to price check[/QUOTE]

That was my problem- Cards everywhere, but all the stores were remodelling and I had to walk to the otherside to find a price checker.

[quote name='shadowkast']No love at my walmart....mountain dew wasn't even on sale.....what a shitty trip[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's a double whammy! haha no go here and this wal-mart even had an inventory assessment sheet or something with the new set going in next week and the psn cards are supposed to be there. whatever.

[quote name='Bug42']I am calling shenanigans.

Checked 2 stores and nothing.[/QUOTE]
Just because your 2 stores are slow and probably incompetant doesn't mean this isn't true. Did you actually scan the cards and find out what they came up as? My store had them listed as $50 on the shelf, but they scanned at $40.

One store was remodeled to have a huge and actually nice looking electronics section. They had tons of PSN cards, all for the standard prices. I noticed they had plan-o-grams for the shelf spaces and included PSN cards.

The second store didn't have one PSN card in stock ,however they also had the plan-o-grams on the shelfs, it did not list PSN cards as part of the new shelving. I also noticed that almost have of the electronics section at this store were on cleance. Wireless routers, cameras, batteries, etc. It looks like War-mart is freshing up the electronics and the PSN cards might not be carried forward at some store and the reason why they are clearance.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Just because your 2 stores are slow and probably incompetant doesn't mean this isn't true. Did you actually scan the cards and find out what they came up as? My store had them listed as $50 on the shelf, but they scanned at $40.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did...I stick by my statement

[quote name='Bug42']Yes I did...I stick by my statement[/QUOTE]

Yet others (across the country) have been able to find the discounted cards. The "YMMV" in the thread's title is there for a reason.

I went to a Wal-mart today and they didn't even have the cards. :\ With so many people not even finding them at Wal-mart, i'm guessing they haven't gotten shipments in a while and are getting rid of any excess stock.

Laguna Hills, CA: Cards are regular price (and I price checked 'em)

Foothill Ranch, CA: Cards not available.

As usual, Wal-Mart = waste of time.

[quote name='luxarific']The Kingstowne Blvd Wal-Mart in Alexandria VA is not among the Elect. Hopefully this markdown spreads, but for now, save yourself the time and gas - their cards are $50 and $20.[/QUOTE]

I just went to the Fairfax, VA (Fair Lakes) location today and grabbed a couple $50 cards @ $40 each. Prices are not marked because they're tucked in with a bunch of other gaming/itunes cards but it's around 30-40 minutes from the Kingstowne location without traffic if you or anyone else in the DC metro area is still interested.

Confirmed $40 in Santa Fe Springs CA. They had a stack of them at the checkout counter in the Game and DVD section. Chick told me they dont clearance those, but scanned it for me anyway(no attitude or anything, very friendly) and was shocked when it came up at $40.

Wal-Mart in Pascagoula, MS has $20 cards for $17, the $50 cards are regular price though. Last week they had the red clearance sticker on the rack for the $20 cards, now they've replaced it with a regular yellow sticker. So I'm hoping this is the price from now on.

Thanks, OP

Walmart in Carrollton, TX has the prices marked down to $17 and $40 (clearly marked). I did not see any of the $20 cards in stock, but they had plenty of the $50 cards at $40. I picked up one of the $50 cards for the upcoming Fallout 3 DLC.

Address of store:
1213 E. Trinity Mills Road
Carrollton, TX 75006

I am looking to trade Wii Points for PSN cards. The only thing though is that I have to gift you the games off the shop channel cause I already redeemed all my cards. I have over 16,000 points in my shop account, so there can be quite a number of trading. I am wiiling to gift a little extra points for the cards. (BTW, the cards need to be for NA. I might be willing to trade for Japanese cards though.)

$20 cards - Up to 2,400 points
$50 cards - Up to 6,000 points

PM me if you would like to trade.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']silly question - but we can return these as long as they haven't been used, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Wal-Mart, but most retailers won't refund any gift card-ish type of merchandise, because their registers have no way to recognizing if the product has been used or not

[quote name='OperatorEr_ror']Walmart in Norfolk, VA on Military Hwy has a huge stack of the $50 cards stashed on an end cap, they rang up $40[/QUOTE]
Nice, i live in Chesapeake, so ill probally run over there to get a few

[quote name='ShonnyG112']Any word on the cards in Atlanta, GA? Specifically in the Cumming, GA area?[/QUOTE]

Checked the Suwanee store and regular price. Guessing Cumming is the same.

Dixon, CA has 10 $50 ones left along with a few $20 ones. no price tag on them but rang up $40/$17... Davis folks should head there b4 they are gone!
grabbed 2 $50 ones thanks!!

bread's done
Back