Walmart - PSP-3000 Rock Band Pack - $139.00 - B&M Only - YMMV

All of my local WMs are out of stock. I wish amazon would match this so I could use my $30 console coupon! $100 PSP and trade off the Rock Band game. Would be nice.

[quote name='sdcranford']All of my local WMs are out of stock. I wish amazon would match this so I could use my $30 console coupon! $100 PSP and trade off the Rock Band game. Would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this while in my local walmart about 2 hours ago but when I use the stock checker it says there are no walmarts within 100 miles that have it when I know the one 2 miles away does...

It also says on the store checker that prices may vary in store, and it reminds me that I found that to be the case when I went there to get a cheap upscaling DVD player. The in-store price was higher. So I'd still call this YMMV.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Does the game in the bundle come in a sleeve? or a full plastic UMD case?[/QUOTE]

Usually small carton sleeve from my experience w/ other bundles.

I find it ridiculous that every other bundle Sony has made up for the PSP has included a free game, but with this bundle, they give you a demo...at best.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I find it ridiculous that every other bundle Sony has made up for the PSP has included a free game, but with this bundle, they give you a demo...at best.[/QUOTE]
Um... What? This does include the full Rock Band: Unplugged game.

You might be thinking of the PSPGO, which includes a "lite" version of the software.

At any rate, that's a pretty stellar deal. I'm... Actually considering it, given I know my local store has at least three or four.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I find it ridiculous that every other bundle Sony has made up for the PSP has included a free game, but with this bundle, they give you a demo...at best.[/QUOTE]

It's the full game.

[quote name='Hao']Um... What? This does include the full Rock Band: Unplugged game.

You might be thinking of the PSPGO, which includes a "lite" version of the software.

At any rate, that's a pretty stellar deal. I'm... Actually considering it, given I know my local store has at least three or four.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, even better, considering one would have to shell out $250 to receive just a DEMO.

Good call though, I might have to jump on this.

It should also be noted that it's sold out online, so this is a B&M deal for the moment.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It should also be noted that it's sold out online, so this is a B&M deal for the moment.[/QUOTE]

i'll update the title

[quote name='psunami']Nice deal OP.

I don't know why, but I'm debating picking one up to replace my PSP-1000.[/QUOTE]

My first PSP was this model, and I'm enjoying using TV out via composite OR component. I'm also playing Crisis Core which I understand had really SLOOOOW loading times on the 1001 models.

So, I think you getting this model is a good choice.

BTW, as everyone else said, IT IS the full version of Rock Band in this package. (The PSP Go is the version with Rock Band demo.)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Ah yes, even better, considering one would have to shell out $250 to receive just a DEMO.

Good call though, I might have to jump on this.

It should also be noted that it's sold out online, so this is a B&M deal for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Sold out online earlier when it was posted on SD, I didn't imagine anyone would find the same price in store.

[quote name='GundamS']Usually small carton sleeve from my experience w/ other bundles.[/QUOTE]

Just picked one up. It's the card-stock sleeve.:roll:

take a printout of the online page with you when you go to look. chances are, they'd honor the online price. Best Buy did this for me when I got my stereo a while back and I'd imagine walmart has a similar policy. heck, you might even get other stores to match the price too.

and does anyone know if this is a limited time thing or if it's permanent. i'm guessing it's the latter and they're trying to clear stock out for the pspgo or just in general.

The webpage clearly says "Prices in Store May Vary" so you don't have much of an argument with it. Walmarts tightened their price matching over the last few years. The policy used to be within $10 if the customer just said they saw it cheaper elsewhere they'd give it to you, but they're a bit tighter now. I mean it's worth a shot all they can say is no, but I wouldn't go in expecting to win that one.

WEAK... BOTH my Walmarts have it at 199.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I've called a few Wal Marts, their employees know jack, and are quite rude. Looks like I'll be doing some driving around tomorrow. I've been wanting a PSP for awhile, and this is a great deal.

[quote name='savor100']Anybody know what software version these PSPs are?[/QUOTE]
FW 5.02 installed , rockband unplugged has 5.03 in umd to upgrade

This is not YMMV. Prices will drop when the department manager does his price changes. It could take anywhere between 1-3 days depending on the assistant manager getting on their ass about the price change or them being lazy and what not. Believe me I work at Wal-Mart so know all about this YMMV and not YMMV stuff. If It's a markdown by home office It's not YMMV, it's a matter of the dept manager doing their job and having it in stock or not.

For reference the markdown was yesterday.

I would expect Mr. Domo to check those stores back later today, or you just have bad luck. Ask them to check their price changes with a telezon/gemini.

Sweet. I have 2 nearby Walmarts to check today.

Been looking for a deal on a new PSP, this tops just about anything I could imagine.

If I find one, it'll become my Japanese PSN store PSP.

I saw this at an Austin Walmart, 620 and Lakeline this morning. A few boxes left on the shelf, might be more in the back.

[quote name='menewbe']I've been on the fence for a while now about getting one so was wondering if this is the best price for a new psp?[/QUOTE]
considering gamestop sells the last model for $120 used with just the charger, and $139 is $60 off the msrp, i can't imagine a better deal, save for a b2g1 or b1g1.

unfortunately, this kind of sucks for me seeing as how i'm trying to sell my psp 2000 and wanted to get a decent price for it...:wall:

[quote name='xt3rmin8']FW 5.02 installed , rockband unplugged has 5.03 in umd to upgrade[/QUOTE]

Thanks

My 6-year-old wants one for Christmas. May need to check on this at my local WalMarts, but they generally suck at having anything I ever see here as a deal.

EDIT: Forgot about the stock checker online -- none in my area. Oh well, here's hoping that there's a further drop on the 3000 if they're pushing the PSP Go (which I can easily see dropping to $199 shortly based on how bad of a reception it has gotten).

[quote name='Okatha']I saw this at an Austin Walmart, 620 and Lakeline this morning. A few boxes left on the shelf, might be more in the back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, picked one up there this morning. There was 1 left in the case after mine.

Thanks for all that info Monsta Mack!

Can we trade the game in? At Gamestop anyway?
Okay...Hmm. So it's basically $30 cheaper than the core system. I've been wanting to try a 3000 (I've had a 1000 and have a 2000). Not sure if I'll like the screen better or worse, from all the comments.

And I'd LIKE some color other than black, except I hate the silver PSPs (like my 2000). Just gaudy compared with my original model.

I have basically zero interest in those rhythm action games, but for free I'll try it...

EDIT: Hmm...Amazon shows the Assassin's Creed bundle as being in white, which might be cool. I may preorder that if I can't get this.

bread's done
Back