Walmart - PSP-3000 Rock Band Pack - $139.00 - B&M Only - YMMV

Called/checked 7 local Walmarts (Cleveland OH area). All were either out of stock or had them for $199.99. Either way, the online store finder was crap.

Are you guys actually having them try to ring it up? Sounds like it HAS to be in the system either today or tomorrow.

omg I want to cry i bought just a core yesterday for 169.99 for my brother and he opened it! can I return it and buy the other you think?

Curses. I tried my 2 Walmarts and didn't find the Rock Band bundle.

I did find the Rachet and Clank bundles (silver and black) at $139. Alas, I already own that bundle and I'm afraid that bringing two UMD copies of National Treasure into my house would cause a fire or a plague.

[quote name='hungryheepo']omg I want to cry i bought just a core yesterday for 169.99 for my brother and he opened it! can I return it and buy the other you think?[/QUOTE]
where did you buy it from? I opened my PSP 3000 that was purchased at Best Buy and kept it for like 28 days. But found out that I wanted a 360 instead (around black Friday time period) so I returned it. It was used and all (even had a small scratch on it). They honored their 30 day return policy and gave me all my money back.

Bottom line is just make sure you have everything that it came with and you should be straight.

Dang, Ratchet and Clank too? I'd rather have that one (the black one). Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eyes open.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, Ratchet and Clank too? I'd rather have that one (the black one). Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eyes open.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a better game (or more my style at least) than Rock Band on PSP.

I don't know where you live but it was at the Radford, VA Walmart. They had 3 silver bundles and one black one as of about an hour ago.

[quote name='JrHu92']where did you buy it from? I opened my PSP 3000 that was purchased at Best Buy and kept it for like 28 days. But found out that I wanted a 360 instead (around black Friday time period) so I returned it. It was used and all (even had a small scratch on it). They honored their 30 day return policy and gave me all my money back.

Bottom line is just make sure you have everything that it came with and you should be straight.[/QUOTE]
WalMart! I mean I never shop there, but I have a lot of credit there you know.

Yeah! Who knew having new bundles every year would force them to clearance out systems like this? :D Makes sense, but it's unexpected and cool

So I have a red PSP 2000. Anyone who's had a 2000 and a 3000 know if it is truly worth an upgrade? Thanks.

[quote name='raarar']omg what to do. shouldn't spend the money but i want it. :([/QUOTE]

Same boat. I can afford it, but am trying to save money for the trip to South Africa for the World Cup in June (already got the match tickets, but airfare and accomodations = thousands of buck$) so I'm trying to listen to reason. Reason keeps telling me "BUY IT IT'S SO CHEAP YOU CAN SELL THE ROCK BAND AND YOU'LL HAVE A NEW PSP-3K FOR $120!!" Stupid reason...

[quote name='BowserG']So I have a red PSP 2000. Anyone who's had a 2000 and a 3000 know if it is truly worth an upgrade? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

For me I didn't see a massive difference in screen quality or brightness, so it was a bit of wash for me...the 3000 was a little bit better but it is not night and day better.

[quote name='BowserG']So I have a red PSP 2000. Anyone who's had a 2000 and a 3000 know if it is truly worth an upgrade? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
aside from the screen, there's a couple of technical upgrades that stick out. the obvious one being the built in mic and the other being the ability to play games via a composite cable, not only component like the 2000. if i played mine and wasn't trying to get rid of it because i don't use it, i'd upgrade.

Is the power connection the same and in the same place? I had it get slightly flaky on my 2000, and I wish it were on top or something, but that's about as bad as I can say about it.

[quote name='donut']are the 3000's major screen issues resolved?[/QUOTE]

No (its a hardware issue that firmware won't fix), but they've been vastly exaggerated by the interwebs. But for $120 less than the Go, I'll take my chances.

[quote name='Izod517']No (its a hardware issue that firmware won't fix), but they've been vastly exaggerated by the interwebs. But for $120 less than the Go, I'll take my chances.[/QUOTE]

thanks, but not sure if it is vastly exaggerated...I was ready to buy a new 3000 at a GS some time ago...the store manager encouraged me to consider a mint 2000 due to the screen issues he observed first hand (this guy has always been spot on and is tight with the Sony rep)...

[quote name='Mike Toole']Same boat. I can afford it, but am trying to save money for the trip to South Africa for the World Cup in June (already got the match tickets, but airfare and accomodations = thousands of buck$) so I'm trying to listen to reason. Reason keeps telling me "BUY IT IT'S SO CHEAP YOU CAN SELL THE ROCK BAND AND YOU'LL HAVE A NEW PSP-3K FOR $120!!" Stupid reason...[/QUOTE]
Same situation as him ^^

the only reason not to get it is because you'll eventually HAVE to buy games for this.. so it's not only $120 for the PSP but $xxx amount of dollars for the games! that's the only thing that's keeping me sane from this deal.. I WANT IT THOUGH!!:bomb::bomb:

You can get some REALLY great games for dirt cheap for the PSP now though. The two Syphon Filter games (if they're still up) are usually $10-20, which is crazy. Lots of other great stuff's plummeted too.

lol the store checker doesn't show the super Walmart down the street, but it shows 3 about 20 min away. Nice. Looks like it's in stock though!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah! Who knew having new bundles every year would force them to clearance out systems like this? :D Makes sense, but it's unexpected and cool[/QUOTE]
I know right! Friggen awesome...I was on the fence about sending in an amazon trade with $30 console bonus today but was hesitant due to all the talk of missing games not received recently on that post. Now I don't have to. I'll save em for GS tierd trades I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
How will we know if amazon will match this? Also is there any information if this will be in the upcoming ad which would lead to places like target doing a price match?

Are the Syphon Filter games really good? I loved the first two for PS1, but never played beyond that.

Yeah, I caved. Lynn MA Walmart still has a couple left, too. I got Fire Emblem DS ($10) too. I might be able to get it for $7.50 from Target next week, but if it disappears too fast I've got Fire Emblem Insurance. :D

As for the cost of games, I already have Final Fantasy Tactics ($7.49) Parappa ($1.99) and Dragonball Evolution ($4.99 - OH COME ON I HAD TO HAVE IT, IT'S SO FREAKING DUMB LOOKING) so I'm set for a week or two. Gonna get Castlevania soon, though. Any stores still sell it new? Gamestop wants $15 used, which seems too high.

[quote name='flipman2013']How will we know if amazon will match this? Also is there any information if this will be in the upcoming ad which would lead to places like target doing a price match?[/QUOTE]

We don't know if amazon will, and I'm going to think it's unlikely right now. I doubt they'll post an ad either, we haven't had any word of one. But that's all speculation really - there's nothing to point to yes or no of either.

[quote name='Mike Toole']Are the Syphon Filter games really good? I loved the first two for PS1, but never played beyond that.

Yes, the Syphon Filters are excellent. Highly recommended.

[quote name='hungryheepo']omg I want to cry i bought just a core yesterday for 169.99 for my brother and he opened it! can I return it and buy the other you think?[/QUOTE]
If you just bought it yesterday and still have the receipt, try to go back to the store and have them do a price adjustment for you. I've never done this at Walmart but have done so plenty of times at Target.

If you don't mind getting less memory get the Ratchet and Clank PSP bundle. It comes with a 1gb memory stick, whereas the Rock Band PSP Bundle comes with a 4gb memory stick.

I already have 2 memory stick pro duos so I don't really give a flying crap about which bundle I should get, but most people don't want to dish out an extra $20-$30 for memory cards if they can avoid it.

Went back to my store today, followed advice in this thread and got them to scan it with the Telezon gun, boom $139! Super happy, thanks OP and thanks especially to Monsta Mack!

[quote name='nbr2son']

Yes, the Syphon Filters are excellent. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't recommend them enough. They're both two of the best games that came out in their respective years. WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the old ones IMO (check IGN's reviews). Super high quality everything-graphics, music (Mark Snow!), writing (the second one is Greg Rucka!), control, etc. You pop one of those in and there's no doubt the PSP is part of the same generation as the PS2, Wii, etc. (In fact the developer says the hardware's better than the PS2.)

For my, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is a sort of close analog, but these you don't HAVE to play so stealthily-basically if you screw up you can still fight your way out. The electro-frying zapping thing kicks ass too. So I actually like these more than Chaos Theory.

Man, I'm super hyping it up here and I hope you like them, but honestly for me the full $40 is totally worth it, let alone the $10-20 you can pick them up for now.

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is actually 100 goozex points right now, so I'll probably just grab it from there. Thanks for the recommendations. Glad to hear that the baddie-fryer is still in the arsenal, I loved that in the first game.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']If you don't mind getting less memory get the Ratchet and Clank PSP bundle. It comes with a 1gb memory stick, whereas the Rock Band PSP Bundle comes with a 4gb memory stick.

I already have 2 memory stick pro duos so I don't really give a flying crap about which bundle I should get, but most people don't want to dish out an extra $20-$30 for memory cards if they can avoid it.[/QUOTE]

Is that one the same price?

Bam.

picture.php

Did the same thing as Raarar; Best Buy was happy to pricematch with a printout of the ad off the website.

I was concerned because I heard price match horror stories on the web before, but they worked plugged in the discount with ease.

I was at Walmart with a friend when I spotted this. It was marked $199, but rang up $139.
My friend bought it without hesitation, and he also bought Madden 10 with it for a total of $189.
He doesn't have interest in the Rock Band, so I'm getting it for free!
WOOT!
Also, saw some 4gb cards for $19.99; gonna go grab me one of those lol
Thanks OP

Also was able to price match at Best Buy. Guy was really cool about it. I also was able to price match Fallout 3 GOTY at this store earlier in the week.

[quote name='nbr2son'][quote name='Mike Toole']Are the Syphon Filter games really good? I loved the first two for PS1, but never played beyond that.

Yes, the Syphon Filters are excellent. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I believed IGN named both of them PSP Games of the Year in their respective years of release.

bread's done
Back