Walmart to have Wii's on Dec. 6 at 12:01

[quote name='pchangover']Is that a 24hour walmart?[/QUOTE]

mine said the same. (miramar super walmart - 24h center)

walmart in hialeah also said 8. guess ill be late to work tomorrow.

Just giving everyone a heads up based on a phone call i just had with my local walmart (lewis center, Ohio) I called them asking if they ere getting any wiis in for tom. and she quickly cut me off saying that they got an "email from corporate" saying their location wasnt getting any. Then I asked her how exactly I was to redeem the rain check I got from them on saturday. She quickly changed her tune and sent me back to electronics where they told me they had all the rain checked ones locked up and I could go in tom. to pick it up at any time.

So anyone who hapened to get a raincheck on saturday I suggest calling them back to see if they're holding one for you. Sorry I this has already been posted.

bill123

I went into the Wal-Mart in Mt. Plesant, MI today and the electronics Clerk told me they didn't have any and doubted they'd get any for tomorrow. Since the paper says available 12/6 is there any way I can get a raincheck? Or should I head in at midnight or 8am to check and be sure?

Wal-Mart stores were told about a week ago to hold any quantities of the Wii they received until the 12/6 date posted in the ad.

If they listened to corporate direction they will have Wii's available at 8 am tomorrow, my local store will have 9.

Some stores I'm sure did not follow direction and will have nothing available tomorrow.

This store is also getting 8 to 10 ps3's in this week also.

Don't bother with the wal mart in south point, ohio, they are only getting 3 and have people lined up already.

Anybody know where you can reserve one?

Was at the Wal-mart in Charlottesville, VA and there was a sign on the door stating Dec. 6th at 8 AM they would be getting Wii's.

My local walmart said 8am tomorrow as well (but didn't say how many they had). Anyone have a guess as to what time I'd need to be there to get one?

The Wal-Mart in Brienigsville PA has a sign up in the electronics department stating that they will be available at 8:00 am on the 6th....

[quote name='pinatamonkey']My local walmart said 8am tomorrow as well (but didn't say how many they had). Anyone have a guess as to what time I'd need to be there to get one?[/QUOTE]

You should have slept all day and already making plans to go there now.

My local Walmart has a sign up saying that they "might" have some wiis on the 6th at 8am. (It's a 24hr store!). Although at this point I could care less. Got mine at Target on Sunday at 8am, as it was in their sunday ad. (See my previous post in this thread:) ) I got there at 7:45, was #2 of 10. Btw, in case you don't know yet... it's awesome!

Just called the new Wally World in downtown Atl. They said they'd only get 6 Wiis and that there's already people waiting. Screeeeeeeew that.

Yep, I have checked out and verified that at least 2 of the 24hr walmarts here in Jacksonville, FL will be selling Wiis at 8am on the 6th, hopefully I will finally get one to play, sold my last 2..

[quote name='battleroyal33']Yep, I have checked out and verified that at least 2 of the 24hr walmarts here in Jacksonville, FL will be selling Wiis at 8am on the 6th, hopefully I will finally get one to play, sold my last 2..[/quote]

SOLD YOUR LAST TWO!

grrrr, you make me so mad

got to my wm @ 6 am, there were roughly 40 people in line for 30 wii's, 2nd wal mart had about 15 people for 8 wii's. Sigh.

Called the Wal-Mart where I scored my first Wii this morning and they had already sold out. They had received 9 Wiis and had people lining up hours before 8:00 am.

I was trying to score one for my in-laws.

I'm sitting in the parking lot of WalMart as I write this. I got here at midnight PST and there were already 2 highschoolers in line before me. They handed out tickets for 9 Wii's at 2 am and the last ticket was snatched up at 5 am. I get number 3 when they dole 'em out at 8 am. The early bird is definitely getting up earlier and eariler.

My neighbor here went to Wal-Mart at 12am and was 9th in line. They only received 9 Wii's. Instead of handing out tickets, they made people wait there in layaway for 8 hours. I still can't believe people are lining up for Wii's. Damn it, I want one but I don't want to camp for it!

mine didnt hand out tickets. they had us standing in line. this couple brought their friend with them, so they walked out with 3 wiis total.

I went to two different stores here in houston, both on a major highway in town and neither one recieved more than 5 units. WTF?

Screw 'em, I'll stick to Target next time.

Man, the Wii (or the selling of) is really popular in my little hick-town. The Wal-Mart in the middle of town got 27, my friend went there at 11 PM last night with his cousin and they received vouchers 26 and 27. They were allowed to walk around the store and employees brought them coffee and doughnuts. They said people were furious that vouchers were handed out and there was a mob of angry parents on their way to work this morning throwing a fit.

My situation was terrible. I went there at about quarter until 7. There were seven groups of people in front of us. The guys in front of us were giving conflicting reports of 5 or 6 consoles. We hung around anyway just in case. While we were standing there this girl saddled up front and sat on a bench. People were kind of angry as she seemed to be waiting around and a couple old people took tallys of all the people in line and wrote down the number of the store manager posted on the wall. I really didn't pay attention because I figured, "Hey, if she tries to cut these seniors are going to go apeshit."

Well, the manager comes out and declares: we have eight Wiis. Yes! Kind of sucked because my dad and I were both going to buy a Wii (one for me and one for my brother; no sellsies), but as long as we had one to play between the two of us it didn't seem like an issue at the time. Well we go through the motions and get up there and the manager is yelling to the crowd (we had about 10 people behnd us), "Sorry, we are out of Wiis!"

I ask here what the hell is going on. The girl I mentioned earlier stands up and walks over. Apparently she had a "raincheck". Bullshit! Even the advert says no rainchecks. And the manager says that she was given a raincheck before that policy went into effect. We argue for a couple minutes while the girl takes off with her Wii (I guess it's not her fault, but you couldn't help but want to punch her in the head). I call the store manager and she says, "I'll see what I can do." People behind us are going nuts saying that the girl stole our console. The assistant manager that is helping us in layaway is obviously going ot be of no help.

With that in mind I call the district manager. She says she's going to call and see what's up and she'll call me back. I spend a couple minutes fuming, walking around and finally decide to go ahead and call her. She says that no rainchecks were supposed to be given, the assistant manager who I argued with is the one who doled out the raincheck and now I'm waiting on the district manager to give me a call at home. She said she'd try and get a console for me. Hopefully I won't have to pick it up via raincheck next time people are waiting in line...:roll:

[quote name='battleroyal33']Yep, I have checked out and verified that at least 2 of the 24hr walmarts here in Jacksonville, FL will be selling Wiis at 8am on the 6th, hopefully I will finally get one to play, sold my last 2..[/quote]
Its people like you that make the wii hard to find Wii WHORE!!!:bomb:

Edit: Nintendo isnt making an artificial shortage. EBAY whores are. LET THE KIDS PLAY YA GREEDY BASTIDS!

[quote name='Onifrio']Its people like you that make the wii hard to find Wii WHORE!!!:bomb:

Edit: Nintendo isnt making an artificial shortage. EBAY whores are. LET THE KIDS PLAY YA GREEDY BASTIDS![/QUOTE]

Yeah, get a real job you loser

A friend of mine went yesterday around 6 am. I am not sure how many they got in, but he was the last one to get a Wii. anyways, he told me some lady went off and said those who are scalping the system are f*cking losers who need real jobs and some thing about kids. Then left. Tells it like it is, lol

Called my two local Walmart stores last night around 10 pm. One was getting 9 and already had a full line. The other was getting 30 and already had 20 people in line. I'd planned on going around 4 am but when I called around then to check, the line was already full.

Wal-Mart shouldn't have bothered with this. If the majority of stores were only getting meager amounts in to begin with, what's the point? 3, of the hot xmas gift? LUCKY US!!!

I mean every other retailer was able to snag at least 20 apiece on Sunday...

It's really sad. As I stated earlier, I had a voucher so my place was set. But then the mom's with kids came in with sob story, one right after the other. Some may feel lucky, but I feel nearly guilty playing with my new toy all morning. But what are you going to do? Sit around posting on Amazon.com's forums with the angry mom's of 4 who can't beat the rush (and frankly can't do anything else but bitch about a conspiracy) or get up early and beat everyone out? I hope everyone gets one but sadly, that just can't happen. I wish you all luck - theres only so few systems and too many hands grabbing at them.

[quote name='The Hi Lite']It's really sad. As I stated earlier, I had a voucher so my place was set. But then the mom's with kids came in with sob story, one right after the other. Some may feel lucky, but I feel nearly guilty playing with my new toy all morning. But what are you going to do? Sit around posting on Amazon.com's forums with the angry mom's of 4 who can't beat the rush (and frankly can't do anything else but bitch about a conspiracy) or get up early and beat everyone out? I hope everyone gets one but sadly, that just can't happen. I wish you all luck - theres only so few systems and too many hands grabbing at them.[/QUOTE]

Parents looking for systems for their kids need to chill out. There are still several weeks to go before Christmas and there will probably be other opportunities to pick up a system. Even if there aren't, just buy your kid games for Christmas and buy a Wii when it becomes available. Consider it a much-needed lesson in delayed gratification.

yeah, the ebay hoarders definitely deserve the majority of the blame for artificially increasing demand. nintendo, as well: if they purposely delayed the console until the holidays, why isn't their "ramped-up" production in greater supply?

@ totheexplorer: hope you get your wii, but at least you didn't have a screaming mob.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Yep, I have checked out and verified that at least 2 of the 24hr walmarts here in Jacksonville, FL will be selling Wiis at 8am on the 6th, hopefully I will finally get one to play, sold my last 2..[/QUOTE]
People like this make it impossible for me to buy my sister a Wii for Christmas. (She's 10, I hope you feel like a big man)

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Man, the Wii (or the selling of) is really popular in my little hick-town. The Wal-Mart in the middle of town got 27[/quote]

Even though your Wal-Mart sold out, it pisses me off that your little town got 27 but the two Wal-Marts in the perimeter, especially the one int he middle of downtown, only got 11 between them...

yeah, the ebay hoarders definitely deserve the majority of the blame for artificially increasing demand.

Lazy_Sunday_clip_Double_True.jpg

nintendo, as well: if they purposely delayed the console until the holidays, why isn't their "ramped-up" production in greater supply?

See the middle part of my current signature.

[quote name='munch']My Wal-Mart had 10, I went there this morning and it was a no go for me. I've lost all hope![/quote]

Don't lose hope and keep an eye on the trackers:

http://www.nowinstock.net/wii/index.php

In addition, I've heard rumors that the next "drop" is going to be on the 10th...at both TRU and Target. Not sure if it's true..we'll have to wait and see when the flyers come out.

[quote name='pilferk']Don't lose hope and keep an eye on the trackers:

http://www.nowinstock.net/wii/index.php

In addition, I've heard rumors that the next "drop" is going to be on the 10th...at both TRU and Target. Not sure if it's true..we'll have to wait and see when the flyers come out.[/quote]
Yes, I heard that Circuit City, TRU and Target will all be getting shipments, same as last Sunday. Man, if I don't get one out of all those shipments this Sunday I'm just gonna' give up. I refuse to buy from Wal-Mart (always hated greedy Wally World, but my experience this morning was the nail in the coffin).

By the way, I really have been avoiding Wii coverage so the Wii and my Zelda can feel like a "new" experience (you know, like when you were a kid on Christmas day), so I apologize for this dumb question but: does the Wii come with wiimote and nunchuck?

I hope you all get a chance to get a wii and zelda is a must if you have the system. I would try target , like I posted in the target dec 3rd thread I got their like 5 mins after opening and they still had 30 something systems left and they had a total of 58. Walmart is the 1st place moms think to go so I would definately look into going to target or cc , etc.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Yes, I heard that Circuit City, TRU and Target will all be getting shipments, same as last Sunday. Man, if I don't get one out of all those shipments this Sunday I'm just gonna' give up. I refuse to buy from Wal-Mart (always hated greedy Wally World, but my experience this morning was the nail in the coffin).

By the way, I really have been avoiding Wii coverage so the Wii and my Zelda can feel like a "new" experience (you know, like when you were a kid on Christmas day), so I apologize for this dumb question but: does the Wii come with wiimote and nunchuck?[/quote]

Yes, it comes with both.

[quote name='zewone']People like this make it impossible for me to buy my sister a Wii for Christmas. (She's 10, I hope you feel like a big man)[/quote]
It's not impossible, just expensive and/or time consuming. If you don't want to get in line earlier than everyone else, then it's not their problem. And generally it's not an overwhelmingly long wait. Not when you have people boasting showing up 40 minutes before they go on sale to end up in the middle of line. You wait longer at the movies for a film to start.

Blame it on the ebayers all you want, but scarce availability is more than just ebay and craigslist. People genuinely want these systems. My mom is wanting to buy one for my dad. He hasn't owned a game console since the Atari 2600.

You can go look at shipped numbers, and the numbers of systems currently on ebay and you'll see that they aren't nearly as bad as PS3 or even TMX.

Also factor in that currently, ebayers are paying $375-425 for the system, it's not like being robbed blind for a PS3.

bread's done
Back