Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
These were all in an $8 bin

Xb1
Kinect sports rivals
Cabelas African Safari
Dead rising 3
Rayman legend
Fantasia

Ps4
Final fantasy type o

PS3
King of fighters xiii

Went to another Walmart & got more stuff. Updated the list

These were all in an $8 bin. They all rang up $8 there was no overide or anything.

Xb1
Kinect sports rivals
Cabelas African Safari
Dead rising 3 apocalypse edition
Rayman legend
Disney Fantasia
Ryse legendary edition
Fighter within
Zumba world party
Zoo tycoon

Ps4
Final fantasy type o
The order
Need for speed rivals complete edition
Lego batman 3
Assassins creed Iv black flag
A realm reborn final fantasy

PS3
King of fighters xiii
Tales of xilla
Asurka wrath.

Chippewa Falls PA has some various stuff. A lot of used games marked down, but some stuff like DMC XBO for $15, Guitar Hero XBO dual bundle for $60 and some other ls I'm forgetting.

Damn anyone have the brickseek I'd for :ps4:ac black flag or Dead Rising 3. I'd love to check if my store has them on clearance

edit: well my stores still have em priced at $20 and 40 still assuming brickseek is correct (as it pretty much always has been). If anyone wants to check their areas:

Black Flag: 24774751

DR3: 30534324

Chippewa Falls PA has some various stuff. A lot of used games marked down, but some stuff like DMC XBO for $15, Guitar Hero XBO dual bundle for $60 and some other ls I'm forgetting.
Do people actually call it chippewa falls or are you being cute?

Walmart clearances are the most YMMV thing on the planet.  In one Walmart in my city, they're still trying to sell DJ Hero PS2 bundles for around $80 with that red clearance tag, and at another, I found Skyrim Legendary Edition :pc: for just $5.  Crazy.

The ultimate find

gEhgMlE.jpg

Went to another Walmart & got more stuff. Updated the list

These were all in an $8 bin. They all rang up $8 there was no overide or anything.

Xb1
Kinect sports rivals
Cabelas African Safari
Dead rising 3 apocalypse edition
Rayman legend
Disney Fantasia
Ryse legendary edition
Fighter within
Zumba world party
Zoo tycoon

Ps4
Final fantasy type o
The order
Need for speed rivals complete edition
Lego batman 3
Assassins creed Iv black flag
A realm reborn final fantasy

PS3
King of fighters xiii
Tales of xilla
Asurka wrath.
Cool, I went to Walmart and found these for $4:

The Division

Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Far Cry Primal

Another popular game

Oculus Rift

I bought them all, also didn't take any pics. You'll have to take my word on some highly-YMMV prices, too.

Damn it ..I found those for 7 each near me.. if they were 4 I for sure would have gotten them all!

Cool, I went to Walmart and found these for $4:

The Division
Zelda Hyrule Warriors
Far Cry Primal
Another popular game
Oculus Rift

I bought them all, also didn't take any pics. You'll have to take my word on some highly-YMMV prices, too.

Walmart clearances are the most YMMV thing on the planet. In one Walmart in my city, they're still trying to sell DJ Hero PS2 bundles for around $80 with that red clearance tag, and at another, I found Skyrim Legendary Edition :pc: for just $5. Crazy.
This reminds me...has anyone on here ever seen the 360 version of Skyrim Legendary Edition in a retail store? I live in Northern California and I've only ever seen it online.

Is that the one right off the highway at the creswell lane exit? I'm heading that way tomorrow and might stop off if they have more.
Yes, it is the one off the creswell lane exit. They are not in the glass case. They are on the shelf where the Disney Infinity and other video game accessories are located.

ARRIS/Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - $38.00

item#: 20742485

(most locales OOS)

from SD

Star Wars Classic 48" Darth Vader Battle Buddy - $21.00

item#: 46444221

(mostly OOS)

from SD

Disney Frozen Elsa Ice Castle - $7.00 (retails for $100)

item#: 44668109

(mostly OOS)

from SD

Sony BDP-S5500 3D Blu-ray Player with WiFi - $56.00

item#: 43945970

from SD

Philips Norelco Shaver 2100 (Model # 6948XL/41) - $9.00

item#: 24214305

Philips Norelco Shaver 3100 (Model # PT724/41) - $13.00

item#: 24214304

Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 (Model # PT730/41) - $13.00

item#: 19530711

Philips Norelco Shaver 6100 (Model # 1150X/40) - $15.00

item#: 15052908

Braun Series 5 5090cc Electric Shaver with Cleaning Station, 6 pc - $49.00 - $199.97

item#: 36259400

from SD

NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router (R7500) - $109.00

item#: 39871549

from SD

Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda - $49.00 (also available online) 

from SD (various threads)

Verizon HTC Desire 612 LTE Prepaid Smartphone - $40.00

item#: 43608972

from SD

Netgear R6200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router - $60.00

item#: 21345669

from SD

Saw a ton of games clearances today. Revelations 2, alien isolation and toy soldiers battle chest got Xbox one were $10 each. Tearaway for the vita was $5. Wonderful 101 was $15. The order for ps4 was $10. Lots more. Those are the ones off the top of my head. Might go back tomorrow for wonderful 101. I think that's my price point on that game.

pfff... my walmart has copies of ps2 NCAA 2001-2003, nba live 2001-2003, gameday 2001-2003. I believe they are each 19.99. you couldn't make this stuff up.

My Walmart's idea of a clearance is a couple of bucks off of the retail price on some old PS2 or Xbox games. 

The Walmart in my area is no bargain. Their clearances are prices are usually a joke. Only a few dollars off retail. It just sits there for years.

I think they've fooled many into believing their prices are the best. Many times the prices are higher than other places.

Saw Plants versus Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Deluxe for ps4 for $35. Not bad at all if you are looking to play it.

Before I moved from Western WI around five years ago my Walmart still had PS1 games.  Today I decided to go out and look for clearance and all I found was this:

13012863_10209761300931571_338112822610187596_n.jpg

Found Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox One for $15 today. Guy said they are clearing out stuff to prepare for inventory.

bread's done
Back