Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.. 

WD My Passport for Mac 1TB - $35

item#: 44786205 

upc: 718037835815

Seagate 3TB Expansion+ - $40

item#: 46631802

upc: 763649070239

WD My Book 3TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - $54

item#: 29016526

upc: 718037812359

You know the drill, dill. Pics. nao.
21XhMZ7.jpg

Is there a certain point that Wal-marts drop the price a 2nd time on clearance? Been watching an item for weeks with no change. (And no, it's not something to resell, just a kids toy that was always overpriced.)

Is there a certain point that Wal-marts drop the price a 2nd time on clearance? Been watching an item for weeks with no change. (And no, it's not something to resell, just a kids toy that was always overpriced.)
That's up to the store, but I've seen stuff stay the same price in electronics department clearance for years.

Got the PS3 Move sharpshooter on clearance for $7.50 at walmart.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21806]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21805]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21804]

These appear to be down to $124 if you can find one.

Turtle Beach X42: 20449253 - $40.00

Also the PS Gold headsets seem to be being restocked at $99.96

PS Gold White Headset: 38456899 - $60.00

Vita Wifi: 44900449 - $75-$199

Nokia Lumia 640: 44465708 - $15-21

Halo 5 LE: 44676909 - $55-99.96

These appear to be down to $124 if you can find one.

Turtle Beach X42: 20449253 - $40.00

Also the PS Gold headsets seem to be being restocked at $99.96

PS Gold White Headset: 38456899 - $60.00

Vita Wifi: 44900449 - $75-$199

Nokia Lumia 640: 44465708 - $15-21

Halo 5 LE: 44676909 - $55-99.96
fuck me. Showing one in stock at my nearest Walmart for $124 and here it is 3 days till payday. Been looking for a good camera too. :/

I decided to bite the bullet (had some walmart gift cards and put the rest on credit) and while they were able to find them in the system (3 in stock with brickseek showing 1 or less), none were on the floor. Employee said they would be in the back and only the dept manager would be able to pull them, but she's off today.

I'll be back in the morning, I guess.

I decided to bite the bullet (had some walmart gift cards and put the rest on credit) and while they were able to find them in the system (3 in stock with brickseek showing 1 or less), none were on the floor. Employee said they would be in the back and only the dept manager would be able to pull them, but she's off today.

I'll be back in the morning, I guess.
Hope they aren't wasting your time to pull a fast one.

Nah, it was a cool older lady I deal with all the time, she price matches everything for me without question. I don't think she'd screw me over like that.
I hope so. Think you'd be willing to help a pal? I sent you a message

Today's pick ups:

Blue 2DS case (for the $40 2ds I got at TRU): $2

Skylanders Trap Team PS4 starter kits: $4

Mabel Amiibo: $4

Had one hell of a time today looking for clearance items and coming up short. 0 outta 10 items I set out to find were available across the 3 walmart stores I went to.

I was under the impression that so long as the walmart app said the item was "in stock", despite brickseek quoting 0 items in stock, I was good to go. I just figured the walmart app was more accurate. Apparently that isn't the case.

From now on I guess I'm going to have to cross reference the two utilities and make sure it says the item is in stock on both, or else it's no go.

Items:

Black and Decker Dustbuster (33664125) - $7

Acer Aspire ES1-711 Laptop PC (41973505) - $49

Butterball Digital Electric XL Turkey Fryer (27584594) - $30

Acer Aspire E5-521-24PQ Laptop PC (45622186) - $49

HP Black 15.6" 15-f024wm Laptop PC (39073478) - $89

GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition (29002369) - $74

Gonna go for one last run tomorrow, this one will be 30+ miles. Hopefully it proves more fruitful, however if it doesn't at least I got it out of my system and I learned to not go on wild goose chases.

I got one!  Persistence finally pays off!  I stopped back in yesterday morning and it turned out the manager worked overnight for a partial remodel, but the lady that helped me the day before called another manager to try to track one down.  Still no dice.  They said to call around 9pm when the department manager will be in and see if they can help.  

At that point, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to have any luck.  But I decided to call last night, right after getting my kids into bed, and the guy I talked to was really helpful, wrote down the info and put me on hold for about 15 minutes.  He came back and informed me that he found one.  I asked him to put it aside and I ran out the door.

Once I got there, there was an ancient old guy working the counter.  He scanned the camera and when it came up $124 and assumed something was wrong and/or I was pulling something, because the tag still showed the old 499.00 clearance price.  He almost called a manager, but just shrugged his shoulders and hit total, I paid with a small stack of Walmart giftcards I had accumulated and went on my merry way.

Thanks guys for your help, I've been wanting a DSLR for years and finally got one on the cheap!

Items:
Black and Decker Dustbuster (33664125) - $7
Acer Aspire ES1-711 Laptop PC (41973505) - $49
Butterball Digital Electric XL Turkey Fryer (27584594) - $30
Acer Aspire E5-521-24PQ Laptop PC (45622186) - $49
HP Black 15.6" 15-f024wm Laptop PC (39073478) - $89
GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition (29002369) - $74

Gonna go for one last run tomorrow, this one will be 30+ miles. Hopefully it proves more fruitful, however if it doesn't at least I got it out of my system and I learned to not go on wild goose chases.
How do you find out that these items are on clearance in the first place?

How do you find out that these items are on clearance in the first place?
The ones I listed, I saw on slickdeals. Also if the walmart store you're going to doesn't completely suck but instead the employees are actually doing their job, they have clearance stickers on the items. Out of the 5 walmart stores I've been to in the past week, only one of the stores, despite all of them having clearance items, labeled the items with yellow clearance stickers.

Also if you're really lucky, you might see that a certain item is cheap on the walmart app. I say lucky, because you can only search a specific walmart's stock when looking for an item.

I got one! Persistence finally pays off! I stopped back in yesterday morning and it turned out the manager worked overnight for a partial remodel, but the lady that helped me the day before called another manager to try to track one down. Still no dice. They said to call around 9pm when the department manager will be in and see if they can help.

At that point, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to have any luck. But I decided to call last night, right after getting my kids into bed, and the guy I talked to was really helpful, wrote down the info and put me on hold for about 15 minutes. He came back and informed me that he found one. I asked him to put it aside and I ran out the door.

Once I got there, there was an ancient old guy working the counter. He scanned the camera and when it came up $124 and assumed something was wrong and/or I was pulling something, because the tag still showed the old 499.00 clearance price. He almost called a manager, but just shrugged his shoulders and hit total, I paid with a small stack of Walmart giftcards I had accumulated and went on my merry way.

Thanks guys for your help, I've been wanting a DSLR for years and finally got one on the cheap!
meanwhile I've spent tons on DSLR stuff... lenses, lights, etc... couple thousand.

Got to start somewhere. I was fortunate at the time to get a 7D. Its paid itself off many times (though not rich by any means lol).
My buddy has a D7000 and has sunk thousand into lenses and rigs and shit.. He doesn't even do it for commercial means, he just loves taking pictures of bugs. It's mind-boggling.

I don't plan on getting in too deep, since the SL1 is just going to be a hobby camera; kids and such.

How do you guys get the employees to cooperate with you? Getting a straight answer from them or having them go to the back room to look for any item for me was like pulling teeth.

Even when I insisted that the item was in stock, gave them the upc, they looked it up and saw it was indeed in stock, they would just go "Well since it's clearance, it was probably bought already" or "the inventory is probably off".

How do you guys get the employees to cooperate with you? Getting a straight answer from them or having them go to the back room to look for any item for me was like pulling teeth.

Even when I insisted that the item was in stock, gave them the upc, they looked it up and saw it was indeed in stock, they would just go "Well since it's clearance, it was probably bought already" or "the inventory is probably off".
Just being extremely (but not creepy) nice to them. If they keep giving you the run around, ask for the manager or call corporate and complain. You should get a call from the store manager over the issue.

I've only ever had to do that one time, and that was over the poodle-haired bitch of a CSM I had a run-in with last year.

EDIT: If the inventory count is 1, then it could very well be a miscount, theft, etc. In my case with teh camera, their count was 3, so it was pretty unlikely that there was a discrepancy that high on a $600 camera. That's why I stayed persistent with it.

Thanks for the heads up on these.  I was able to pick up a WD 1 TB for $35.  It was like the last one in the area.  Sadly, I missed the bigger drives.

Brickseek is horridly inaccurate btw.

It says all the stores near me have no trap team starter kits.  I went into a store today that had 10-20 between the systems.

Brickseek is horridly inaccurate btw.

It says all the stores near me have no trap team starter kits. I went into a store today that had 10-20 between the systems.
Did the Walmart app say "in stock" though? I'm still torn between which one to believe. Granted the Walmart app hasn't steered me wrong in regards to an item being in stock, as it's been 100% correct in that regard (now that I think about it), the drawback is the Walmart app only says an item is in stock and doesn't state anywhere thr qty that is in stock

Did the Walmart app say "in stock" though? I'm still torn between which one to believe. Granted the Walmart app hasn't steered me wrong in regards to an item being in stock, as it's been 100% correct in that regard (now that I think about it), the drawback is the Walmart app only says an item is in stock and doesn't state anywhere thr qty that is in stock
I haven't bothered with the Walmart app, so I can't say.

My Walmart didn't have those 3TB Seagates on clearance but they did have " Toshiba Canvio Desk 3TB External Hard Drive" (21886434) for $54 on clearance. Anyone have one of these and any opinions on it? I'm contemplating picking it up.

You know those ultra-rare type of clearances you find that are such a crazy price that you think "how can this possibly be that price? Are they out of their minds?" You know those other ultra-rare type of clearances that you find that make you a ton of money? Hundreds of dollars? I only found one type today. Guess which one...

Hwzz8KK.jpg

My Walmart didn't have those 3TB Seagates on clearance but they did have " Toshiba Canvio Desk 3TB External Hard Drive" (21886434) for $54 on clearance. Anyone have one of these and any opinions on it? I'm contemplating picking it up.
most seem to be staying away saying high failure rates. I had two, returned one earlier and got one more to return. But I also got my hands on three of the 3tb Seagates. If I didn't get the Seagates I prob would've kept the toshibas.

bread's done
Back