Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That cheap blue plastic thing is worth something?
No, it was a joke. That's the Skylanders Trap Team Water Trap. The crazy price is that it was twice the MSRP for a used/out of packaging one, and that the Water Trap was so overproduced, that retailers can't even give them away. It's essentially the Hex of Trap Team.

No, it was a joke. That's the Skylanders Trap Team Water Trap. The crazy price is that it was twice the MSRP for a used/out of packaging one, and that the Water Trap was so overproduced, that retailers can't even give them away. It's essentially the Hex of Trap Team.
The price sticker says Shroomboom. I love it when Walmart doesn't give a damn and just slaps on a sticker.

Walmart price matching has been dead to me for months. It's one of, if not THE, biggest hassles I've attempted in retail. Trading in games at Walmart is easier for me than trying to get them to legit price match.

Walmart price matching has been dead to me for months. It's one of, if not THE, biggest hassles I've attempted in retail. Trading in games at Walmart is easier for me than trying to get them to legit price match.
I price matched games at Wal-Mart twice. One was for the Guitar Hero bundle from Toys R' Us, and the second time was for AC Rogue when that was $9.99 on their website. The first time was tough because I didn't have an ad, but I was persistent. The second time was easy. They just looked up the price online, and matched it. It's my last resort for price matching games though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have three Walmarts within 15 minutes of me:  

• One is like pulling teeth when it comes to PMing, and I've only had success one time.  I don't shop there anymore.
  • Another is hit/miss, depending on the manager working - one is a decrepit old bastard that continues to use the Amazon PS4 PM scam as an excuse and reason why "Walmart stopped PMing."  
  • The third store gives no fuck s - When Kmart/sears had their insane OOS clearance (wii remote + for 3 dollars, etc), they PM'ed without batting an eye, even the approving manage didn't seem to care.  That's my go-to store for the extreme YMMV situations.

I just looked and couldn't find it either. It's the one with the controller, 3 months live, and a headset or something I think.

I did pick up a two pack of OEM MS Xbox 360 batteries for $5. 21063200
Ah yeah, I remember those. If I recall they also came with 200-300 MSP.

Of course, MSP codes no longer work, so keep that in mind.

Ah yeah, I remember those. If I recall they also came with 200-300 MSP.

Of course, MSP codes no longer work, so keep that in mind.
They should work. They just convert to your regions currency and expire a year after entering the code. (if you don't use them first)

Empty victory - only two stores have that item defined and they are both at $80. :)
I checked several zipcodes in the state here and only the store I was at today had it for less than $80.

For reference it comes with a controller, media remote, 3 months live, and an HDMI cable.

I checked several zipcodes in the state here and only the store I was at today had it for less than $80.

For reference it comes with a controller, media remote, 3 months live, and an HDMI cable.
Those Xbox 360 Essentials Packs were marked down to $30 where I live, but it says they're out of stock.

$80 is way too much for what you get in the bundle. I probably wouldn't even buy it for $30. Needs to have something else worthwhile in there aside from the controller and the paid online playtime.

Those Xbox 360 Essentials Packs were marked down to $30 where I live, but it says they're out of stock.

$80 is way too much for what you get in the bundle. I probably wouldn't even buy it for $30. Needs to have something else worthwhile in there aside from the controller and the paid online playtime.
At $30, you could sell the 3 month code for ~$12 and end up with the controller and media remote for $18 or so.

If you don't have an Xbox One the media remote is useful for 360.

At $30, you could sell the 3 month code for ~$12 and end up with the controller and media remote for $18 or so.

If you don't have an Xbox One the media remote is useful for 360.
One Walmart 30 miles from here had them for $10, but obviously sold out. Everywhere else is $80

VZGLAK4.jpg

Got those $25 WD marked down again... Less than $4 per TB.

But they still won't go in the back to check for the white psgold headset!

Usually I find phones on clearance at target. Last 2 were blu studio (unlocked but didn't work on verizon).

Seen a couple 500 gig xbox 360 hard drives for $25 on clearance but of course too late to find any hard drives.

Has anyone seen any cheap relatively modern android phones recently at Walmart on clearance?
No, but if you're lucky your local Target may still have the Moto E (080-02-1000) or Nokia Lumia 640 (080-02-1094). Both phones can be unlocked. The Moto E is vastly superior to the Lumia 640, imo.

No, but if you're lucky your local Target may still have the Moto E (080-02-1000) or Nokia Lumia 640 (080-02-1094). Both phones can be unlocked. The Moto E is vastly superior to the Lumia 640, imo.
Looks like a couple relatively near me have the Moto E.

My Lumia 950 XL is vastly superior to the 640 also :p

Had one hell of a time today looking for clearance items and coming up short. 0 outta 10 items I set out to find were available across the 3 walmart stores I went to.

I was under the impression that so long as the walmart app said the item was "in stock", despite brickseek quoting 0 items in stock, I was good to go. I just figured the walmart app was more accurate. Apparently that isn't the case.

From now on I guess I'm going to have to cross reference the two utilities and make sure it says the item is in stock on both, or else it's no go.

Items:
Black and Decker Dustbuster (33664125) - $7
Acer Aspire ES1-711 Laptop PC (41973505) - $49
Butterball Digital Electric XL Turkey Fryer (27584594) - $30
Acer Aspire E5-521-24PQ Laptop PC (45622186) - $49
HP Black 15.6" 15-f024wm Laptop PC (39073478) - $89
GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition (29002369) - $74

Gonna go for one last run tomorrow, this one will be 30+ miles. Hopefully it proves more fruitful, however if it doesn't at least I got it out of my system and I learned to not go on wild goose chases.
Thanks for the heads up about the GroPro managed to get the last one at the Walmart I went too, brickseek said it was out of stock but they had the display boxes in the store so still asked the guy found one but I got it for $35 the Walmart app showed it for that price at that location and ringed that price in-store.
[attachment=22141:image.jpeg]

The Canon sl1 shows as $65 now.
I wonder if I can get a price adjustment, since my store is still showing stock?

EDIT: I just called and they said as long as it's within 15 days (I bought it 14 days ago), I'll have to return and rebuy it. Time to hastily pack it up and get $60 back. Thanks Mr. Gerkin!

It's too bad everywhere around here is out of stock on the DSLR. Price was showing as $65 .

Bet I'll start seeing ads by new photographers in the area soon. @.@ . "Looking for 18 and up models, tons of $$$" "Military couple shoots" "Maternity" "Boudoir". etc.

It's too bad everywhere around here is out of stock on the DSLR. Price was showing as $65 .

Bet I'll start seeing ads by new photographers in the area soon. @.@ . "Looking for 18 and up models, tons of $$$" "Military couple shoots" "Maternity" "Boudoir". etc.
I'm going to be sending high quality dick pics now. No more cell phone pics for me!

This may sound silly but I am kinda new at this. So if I find it on brickseeker and I go to the store where they have it there wont be any problems with pricing?

This may sound silly but I am kinda new at this. So if I find it on brickseeker and I go to the store where they have it there wont be any problems with pricing?
Brickseek unfortunately isn't 100% accurate. I've found things when it said there were none in stock, and couldn't find things they did say were in stock.

For pricing don't go by whatever the tag says in-store, just have your friendly, well-educated Walmart associate scan the item for it's actual price.

Brickseek unfortunately isn't 100% accurate. I've found things when it said there were none in stock, and couldn't find things they did say were in stock.

For pricing don't go by whatever the tag says in-store, just have your friendly, well-educated Walmart associate scan the item for it's actual price.
I agree with this completely. Just make sure to scan your products. It may come up a lower price. I randomly found an AC Wireless USB Adapter for $10. It originally was tagged at $20, and it was deleted out of the system. So you never know.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Or if you are fortunate enough to have a store with price checking stations, use those instead.

This. I drove over 30 miles, one way, for some stuff and ended up finding nothing. Heck I dedicated a whole day to finding some of these deals, driving all around town, and I got nothing out of it at all. Unlike the Target brickseek inventory count, Walmart's is horribly inaccurate.

Call of duty ghost hardened edition $20 xbox 360

Destiny limited edition $20 360/ps3

Walmart 1400 athens,ga

VZGLAK4.jpg

Got those $25 WD marked down again... Less than $4 per TB.

But they still won't go in the back to check for the white psgold headset!
I went to a WM in my area for antifreeze and I remembered that this HD was on clearance (someone mentioned it in the XBL thread). I was really happy that I was able to find the last one at $54 but then I saw your post. The cheap ass in me couldn't shake the feeling that I overpaid but then I remembered that the WMs in my area never have anything good on clearance. Awesome find!

bread's done
Back