Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
So in my hopes of those Bayonetta 3 copies I've been watching at my local finally dropping from $45.00 to something more reasonable were snuff out as they have all up and disappeared from the store. On the other side of things I did pick up a copy of,

Rune Factory 3 Special - $10

I really don't have much interest in it but meh I figured which would I rather have that or a burger from McDonalnds... I pretty much prefer anything over a burger from McDonalnds so it wasn't really a hard choice. 😅

So in my hopes of those Bayonetta 3 copies I've been watching at my local finally dropping from $45.00 to something more reasonable were snuff out as they have all up and disappeared from the store. On the other side of things I did pick up a copy of,

Rune Factory 3 Special - $10

I really don't have much interest in it but meh I figured which would I rather have that or a burger from McDonalnds... I pretty much prefer anything over a burger from McDonalnds so it wasn't really a hard choice. 😅
what were you hoping to grab Bayonetta 3 for?

My Walmart had last of us part 2 remastered, and prince of Persia for ps5 for $20 each on clearance. YMMV though I assume

I found JoJo Siwa: Worldwide Tour Nintendo Switch for $7:50.. LEGO Friends Dog Rescue Van 41741 for $11.00 at one Walmart It was $19.00 at three other Walmart’s.

My local Walmart lowered all the previous clearance games to $1, $5, $10, or $15. Most of the good stuff was already bought up at higher prices so I passed on most of drops. Did get FIFA 22 (Switch) for $5 and Ark (PS4) for $5.

My store (which never has any clearance) had

Bayonetta 3 - $29
Bravely Default II - $15
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Houses - $15

and a bunch of sports titles and junk racing games for PS5 / PS4 / Xbox for $10 each

Some clearance drops at my local Wal-Mart today:

PS4
World War Z $10.00
Dragonball Z Kakarot $10.00
Doom Slayers Collection $10.00
DC Justice League Cosmic Chaos $10.00

PS5
Callisto Protocol $10.00

Switch
Cobra Kai 2 Dojos Rising $10.00
Dragonball The Breakers - Special Edition $10.00
Little Nightmares II $10.00
Mega Man II $10.00
Race With Ryan $10.00
Taiko No Tatsujin Rhythm Festival $10.00
Five Nights at Freddy's $10.00 (Sold out - maybe the Core Collection, only the tag remained).

I have the worst damn local Walmart.

I dont think I've ever seen anything tempting on clearance. The other one I used to have had some clutch ones periodically.

Good riddance

Found more gaming deals at a different nearby WalMart, many of these were already sold out but their shelf tags were yellow clearance price tags from just a couple days ago:

PS5
Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy $10.00
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed $10.00
LEGO Brawls $10.00

Nintendo Switch
Street Outlaws: The List $10.00
Super Bomberman R $10.00
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid $10.00

PS4
Battlefield 2042 $15.00
Little League World Series Baseball 2022 $10.00

Last edited:
Found more gaming deals at a different nearby WalMart, many of these were already sold out but their shelf tags were yellow clearance price tags from just a couple days ago:

PS5
Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy $10.00
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed $10.00
LEGO Brawls $10.00

Nintendo Switch
Street Outlaws: The List $10.00
Super Bomberman R $10.00
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid $10.00

PS4
Battlefield 2042 $15.00
Little League World Series Baseball 2022 $10.00

thank you. The PS5 titles interest me. Would you by chance have any other info? I searched on brickseek and only get errors for ghostbusters. Either it’s delisted from Walmart or brickseek is broken anymore.

thank you. The PS5 titles interest me. Would you by chance have any other info? I searched on brickseek and only get errors for ghostbusters. Either it’s delisted from Walmart or brickseek is broken anymore.
The only information I have is the SKU (which might be unusable in Brickseek because Brickseek is unreliable):

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleased - SKU #: 1046971498
Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy - SKU #: 398331510
LEGO Brawls - SKU #: 919763571

I did see that Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleased for PS5 is going for $14.99 on Wal-Mart online right now.

What happened?
The dlc costing half the price of the game, raids for the galar variants of legendary mons articuno zapdos moltres as well as stuff like galar slowpoke line plus new Pokémon all being locked to 30$ dlc in a game that had very little content.

Granted iirc in the update you can get a free galar slowpoke from the train station where you go to the dlc. Though even then you're gonna have to breed them to get both slowking and slowbro.

Finally found a clearance game that wasn't overpriced or a sports game. Finally get to check this out at a reasonable price.

is brickseek permanently broken now? Everything I search says no results anymore. Used the upc on the sticker in your photo. Tried the sku lookup as well and got this: “Walmart In-Store Results Not Available For This Product”

YMMV of course and it’s no fantastic deal but maybe a signifier for what’s coming vis a vis the potential clearancing out of old product to make way for the new hotness, or more likely it was a return who knows.IMG_7805.jpeg

Yesterday I saw that one of my local Wally's had the Zelda OLED clearanced to $290, but none in stock. I might've broken my rule of buying dupe stuff for that.

YMMV of course and it’s no fantastic deal but maybe a signifier for what’s coming vis a vis the potential clearancing out of old product to make way for the new hotness, or more likely it was a return who knows.View attachment 315

As you alluded to it's probably a return. I recently saw a single unit of the blue model of the Switch Lite at one location marked the exact same way and the associate told me that it was one that someone had returned. I asked to see it so I could look it over and make an examination -- it had fingerprints all over the screen and looked like it had been used at least a little bit. I also had them plug it in because I wanted to see it power on. It showed it as charging on the screen but when I tried to power it on nothing happened. Though perhaps it was just because it didn't have a charge and maybe the capacity was too low having perhaps sat there for awhile... not sure. Didn't seem worth the risk to me though so I ended up passing on it.

Last edited:
Found a 2 year old Asus rog Desktop for 299. They also had a 399 version with an i5 11x. Mine was the Strix g16 r7 3060.

Attachments

• 20240208_075000.jpg
    20240208_075000.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 18
seems pretty slick! which hd+ssd size? got a SKU?
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming Desktops, AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, 1TB HD & 256GB SSD, Windows 10, Gray, G10DK-WB764 https://www.walmart.com/ip/797509896

195553172578 was on the barcode on box and the walmart tag does not have the 8 on the end and the clearance tag had a 0 instead of the 8.

Maybe the sku is 595342184

Last edited:
I got lucky this week 1 out 4 walmart stores. Always 1 copy left

Pikmin 1 + 2 $25
Pikmin 3 $25
Advance Wars $30
Nier $15
Prince of Persia $25 (Shocked this game is out less than 2 weeks)
Batman Collection $30
Metal Gear Solid Collection $30
Mickey Illusion Island $20
AEW Fight Forever $15
Wild Card Football $10
Lets sing bundle $20

It says $45.00

Not sure why but on my mobile device it would only load a lower resolution image for the photo and the prices were not readable.
Yeah you are right for some reason it shows it at low resolution usually it doesnt. Also yeah $45. Callsto ps5 is $10 but seen that for less from wario64

ASUS ROG Strix Gaming Desktops, AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, 1TB HD & 256GB SSD, Windows 10, Gray, G10DK-WB764 https://www.walmart.com/ip/797509896

195553172578 was on the barcode on box and the walmart tag does not have the 8 on the end and the clearance tag had a 0 instead of the 8.

Maybe the sku is 595342184

Literally bought that and posted about it right before xmas 2022 here. I paid $479 for it back then.

That's the price I picked up my Simpsons Arcade1Up for from Walmart a couple years ago. I wasn't planning on getting that cabinet (I paid full price for their first TMNT cabinet when it first came out), but I couldn't pass it up for $199.

bread's done
Back