Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found copy Dragon Quest: dragon quest monsters the dark prince (S) at local Walmart & Price match with Walmart Online $40. Seem like Star Ocean the 2nd story R 2 (S) re-print.

Saw these last week:

:ps5: Battlefield 2042 $14.94
:ps4: Horizon Forbidden West - Launch Edition $9.97 (PS5 Upgrade available)
:ps4: Rainbow Six Extraction $15.00 (PS5 Upgrade Available - Includes Buddy Pass + Epic Gear Sets)
:ps4: Hello Neighbor 2 $15.00 (PS5 Upgrade available)

WM deals are pretty much always YMMV.
Literally none of the deals talked about here have ever showed up at the WMs near me.
Correct though it's been a bit of time since I last seen the kind of deals previous years had. Surprisingly Pikmin 1&2 has sold out at a good majority around me as dropped to $40 besides Pokemon Shield being at $20

Not deals related, but just curious. I bought Fire Emblem: Three Houses "sold by walmart.com" and it definitely seems like a new ESRB copy (surprising cause to my understanding, it's an Out Of Print game). It has a orange/red circle sticker on the shrink wrap though. Anyone know what that means?

lol well i paid full price, but good to know it wasnt some weird "selling used games as new" situation or selling a middle-eastern/southasia copy as american. very happy to find an actual new copy
There's also Canada copies of stuff as an option. Same as na just cheaper after currency conversion rates. I dunno if vgp has any copies in stock but figured I'd mention it.

Brickseek changed seems better at the moment well for online stuff. Easily search now well game wise

Edit: So basically no mo easily seeing local deals. Online only (better off sub to wario) searching with daily deals by catergory. Search the product can get the upc to look up inventory which says out of stock for everything even though I know that game is there. Only limited to 2 store of that brand of store.

Edit: Still shyt

Last edited:
Brickseek sucks. Majority of items it says it can't show local inventory for, the pricing is off the few times it even shows stock and local price drops isn't for most items that are dropped at a store.

It's ok for online deals but otherwise, it's a waste of money. If you're using it for local clearances, you're being ripped off for a service that doesn't work.

Last edited:
Brickseek sucks. Majority of items it says it can't show local inventory for, the pricing is off the few times it even shows stock and local price drops isn't for most items that are dropped at a store.

It's ok for online deals but otherwise, it's a waste of money. If you're using it for local clearances, you're being ripped off for a service that doesn't work.
Correct, cant be helped when walmart stopped sharing inventory data. Besides local tagged clearance sales never showed up only the hidden ones thats unmarked showed up.

Correct, cant be helped when walmart stopped sharing inventory data. Besides local tagged clearance sales never showed up only the hidden ones thats unmarked showed up.
That hasn't been the case for the entire I search. The only clearance items that show up (tagged or not) are usually home items. Electronics, games, toys, etc. don't show any local inventory or price drops, on Brickseek that is.

Today I was able to get my first clearance games after a couple of years looking because of this thread. Below is what I saw and got:

Switch:
Fire Emblem Engage - $20 (got last copy)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - $30 (got last copy)
Crash 4 - $20 (gone)
Crash Trilogy - $20 (gone)

Thanks for giving me hope everyone!

Edit: I wanted to point out that these games were in the normal game case with all the others and didn’t even have clearance tags on them. The shelf stick was all that indicated they were marked down. Not even a markdown sticker really, you just have to know what it should be.

Super YMMV but was shot down on these Switch titles scanning $0.03 on the Wally App

Bravely Default 2
Bayonetta 3
Bayonetta Origins
Advanced Wars 1&2 reboot
Fire Emblem three houses
Fire Emblem three hopes

I went on the hunt as soon as the Wario posts rolled in.

walmart-haul-4-15-24.jpg

$20 apiece, $30 for AC, but they each required cash register manual adjustments and overrides. They were happy to honor the website's listed price. None of the posted markdowns have happened yet at either location.

Picked up this morning:

Star Ocean 2nd Story R (PS5) - $20
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition (PS5) - $20
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (Switch) - $20
Nier Automata (Switch) - $10

All were marked and rang up at those prices.

Thanks to those giving the heads up.

Went to three Walmarts looking for Nier and some of those crazy deals they're having on Star Wars Black Series figures, no luck until the last stop where I spotted Nier. Glad I found it as I just bought it for $30 last week, got the difference back on my way home...though I was slightly worried of being shot down as the copy I picked up today had shrink wrap packaging.

Just got back from my local & nabbed the following,

AEW: Fight Fover (PS4) - $10
Catan: Super Delux Edition (Switch) - $10
Metroid Dread - $30 (Appeared out of no where & figure I better pick it up now before I regret it)

Was hoping also for a Star Ocean 2nd Story R but no dice. I also saw the following while I was there but passed on them,

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition (PS5) - $20 (I have four different copies of it, I do not need another lol)
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol.1 (PS5 & Switch) - $30
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (Switch) - $20

Other side of things my ongoing quest waiting for that clearance copy of Bayonetta 3 to drop continues, it's still $45 :rolleyes:

Grabbed the last copy of Fire Emblem Engage for $20 at one of my local stores. Also saw $10 Among Us Switch and $20 Witcher PS5.

EDIT: Also spotted MGS Collection PS5 for $30, Persona 5 Tactica for $30 for PS5(? maybe PS4) and maybe Switch but I forgot, Final Fantasy Crisis Core PS4 for I think $30.

Last edited:
Forza motorsports (X) $30. I don't think this game ever drop below $30. Forza Horizon 5 never go below $30. All the older version price went up crazy! Any off line campaign mode for this game? How long is take to beat?

Just got back from my local walmart, I picked up Armored Core VI PS5 for 30. I saw Xenoblade Chronicles 3 also for 30 but I already have that. My walmart had Witcher 3 PS5 for 20 last year. None of the walmarts in my area have ever carried Star Ocean The Second Story R.

In the past couple days I managed to track down Catan $10, Nier Automata $10, Star Ocean $20 all for Switch and Armored Core $30 for PS5. Also went on a wild goose chase to no avail for $30 copies of Dragon Quest Monsters and Unicorn Overlord because a friend managed to find them.

Along the way I got shot down on 3 cent copies of Triangle Strategy, New Pokemon Snap, and Cereza. Also saw FE Three Houses and TH 1&2 (for Xbox) for 3 cents but didn’t try on those. The manager who helped me (got unlucky asking for help with the games case when an associate found them to help) was pretty honest that those 3 cent games could still make it through the register, and do, if someone weren’t paying close attention or just didn’t care. She didn’t want to let me test my luck tho, bummer.

Stopped by old Walmart got 2 copies unicorn overlord $30, nier $10, and Pokemon mystery dungeon $40. Got shot down $0.03 games as well. Gladstone, MO still have 2 copies unicorn overlord, 1 copy Star Ocean (PS5) few $30 games for PS5 and X

Those 3 cent games are being blocked from ringing up at the register, so nobody is going to get them to slide through like older 3 cent games used to. I watched it reject it on person

Been on here since 2010 and I never knew about those .3 if I knew, things wouldve been so different. My thing is why even have them .3cent to begin with like they have the power why keep them .3 cent or on shelf.

I got a few things. Even then the Wal-Mart people were slightly prickly about it, but I did get a Sin and Punishment 2 and a Wolf Among Us for three cents each. The next best thing to free!

I also heard that people were claiming a lot of Metroid Other Ms from Wal-Mart for three cents each. I kinda-sorta wanted to play it? But it looked a little janky, and I wasn't thrilled with the reports that they turned Samus into an emotionally vulnerable wimp. If I had found it for that price, I would have bought it anyway. But I guess the prices I did find weren't good enough for me.

You guys remember when Rhythm Heaven was being sold for peanuts at K-Mart? Man, now people actually want that game. It's worth something. It's wild.

I remember when target did their 4$ clearance a few years back. That's one of the only times I got in one. The other being Astral chain, Kirby, Xenoblade 1, mario 3ds, Luigi mansion and Pokémon sun and moon all being 10$ at Walmart.

Back when brickseek still worked somewhat and scanners were a thing.

I got a few things. Even then the Wal-Mart people were slightly prickly about it, but I did get a Sin and Punishment 2 and a Wolf Among Us for three cents each. The next best thing to free!

I also heard that people were claiming a lot of Metroid Other Ms from Wal-Mart for three cents each. I kinda-sorta wanted to play it? But it looked a little janky, and I wasn't thrilled with the reports that they turned Samus into an emotionally vulnerable wimp. If I had found it for that price, I would have bought it anyway. But I guess the prices I did find weren't good enough for me.

You guys remember when Rhythm Heaven was being sold for peanuts at K-Mart? Man, now people actually want that game. It's worth something. It's wild.

Rhythm Heaven Fever was a $.03 game a lot of us got. It was much more than Metroid. Probably 100+ titles overall.

Been on here since 2010 and I never knew about those .3 if I knew, things wouldve been so different. My thing is why even have them .3cent to begin with like they have the power why keep them .3 cent or on shelf.

If you visited this thread during 2017 - 2019, you would have seen nonstop talk about it.

They get marked down to $.03 to indicate it needs to get pulled and sent out, but employees simply did not know what that was back then so we were able to buy them without restriction. In 2021 or 2022, they started restricting them at POS but it was YMMV if they did that or not. Since then the process is to restrict them then change it to $.03 at the same time. If it is still on the shelf or marked at the old price but really showing up as $.03 when we scan it with the app or the employee uses their handheld, that just means no one has pulled them yet or no one told them to yet.

I just got denied trying to get 0.03 Pokemon Snap, FE Three Houses, Bayonetta Origins and Bravely Default II. They said they had been recalled and they couldn't sell them. Makes me so mad they started locking down purchase of $0.03 games. I even offered to pay $20 each and they said they couldn't "since they were recalled". I did get FE Engage for $20 and AEW on PS5 for $10.

bread's done
Back