Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by the Walmart in Douglasville GA on the way home and picked up a few games:

Switch:
Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince $30 - was last copy
Nier Automata (x3) $10 - 3 left
No Man's Sky (x2) $10 - 2 left

PS5:
Diablo 4 $20 - 10+ left
Stranger of Paradise- (x2) $10 - 5 left
Armored Core 6 $30 - 2 left
Gotham Knights (x2) $5 - 5 left

Got some added trade bait for the big game swap in Atlanta this weekend.

says who?

Don't come here and just make stuff up. Clearance markdowns are a normal part of retail operations. The only weird thing is how we haven't been getting any clearances lately, and Walmart not doing them for so many years.

I remember way more weeks of $20 games at Best Buy and Target in years past. Target used to have entire sectionals dedicated to video game clearance items. It's just that Walmart is the one with the bigger video game selection now, after some others have gotten out of the game. Publishers also do these clearances (reimburse retailers) in order to clear them off the shelves and not devalue their IPs, especially digital sales. e.g. Blizzard wants to sell Diablo 4 for $60-$70 again in the future. That's exactly what happened with Starfield; the stagnant retail copies were ruining the game's value so the publisher had them recalled/destroyed. They don't want a price perception of $19.99, or even "worthless", on customers minds.

Just bc Xbox can't sell any physical games doesn't mean that nobody else can. Microsoft purposefully designed their physical games to fail. Their customers are paying $200/yr for renting games with Gamepass Ultimate.

I would tend to agree with the other poster. It is clear as day Best Buy and target, as well as walmart have shrunk their game displays and aisles. My local stores have a tiny aisle and only half of the shelf is even stocked.

Had to do store pickup but I was able to get that Miraculous Ladybug game on Switch for my sister for $5. Saw a handful of stuff at the 3 Walmart's I went to but nothing I wanted or was cheap enough. Kind of wanted the Super Monkey Ball game for Switch for $5 but no luck.

In addition to the usual games I did see a red Hori split pad compact set on clearance for $25. I already have a set (and enjoy it) so didn't pick it up.

There's also a white wireless Zelda controller from Power A that I've been considering, but I'm not a huge fan of the design (mostly all white except for a hylian shield on the left handle.

There's also a white wireless Zelda controller from Power A that I've been considering, but I'm not a huge fan of the design (mostly all white except for a hylian shield on the left handle.
My Walmart has about a dozen white Zelda controllers with link swinging his sword or them that come with a case that matches for $13.

PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller and Slim Case for Nintendo Switch — Master Sword
https://www.walmart.com/ip/565255242

This one for reference

I hit the other two Green Bay walmarts today just because it was my day off and I had nothing better to do. Added No Man's Sky and Nier Automata for Switch ($10 each), Monkey Ball Switch ($5), Sonic Origins Plus Xbox ($5), Star Ocean PS5 ($20), MGS Collection PS5 ($30), and Lego Drive deluxe PS5 ($10) to my haul.

Was not expecting all three stores to ha e the same prices on the same clearance games; stock varied, but the prices were the same. That never happens here. It's usually one if anything.

I hit the other two Green Bay walmarts today just because it was my day off and I had nothing better to do. Added No Man's Sky and Nier Automata for Switch ($10 each), Monkey Ball Switch ($5), Sonic Origins Plus Xbox ($5), Star Ocean PS5 ($20), MGS Collection PS5 ($30), and Lego Drive deluxe PS5 ($10) to my haul.

Was not expecting all three stores to ha e the same prices on the same clearance games; stock varied, but the prices were the same. That never happens here. It's usually one if anything.
Well its nationwide as you can see every else has the same prices etc

Same deal here with the 3 cent games. They had triangle strategy and New Pokemon Snap but no go. At least I got LEGO DC Supervillains, Monkey Ball and Tony Hawk 1+2 for $5 each

got bored and went driving around to 3 walmarts
ended up picking up a few switch games that I didn't need and 2 g2 transformers that were about 50% off. no dice on nier automata

ring fit adventure $30
Xenoblade 3 $30
story of seasons a wonderful life $10
mickey mouse illusion island $20

got my $5 copy of harvest moon light of hope complete edition delivered this afternoon.

Last edited:
ended up picking up a few switch games that I didn't need and 2 g2 transformers that were about 50% off. no dice on nier automata

ring fit adventure $30
Xenoblade 3 $30

got my $5 copy of harvest moon light of hope complete edition delivered this afternoon.
The irony is I was looking for illusion island and they didn't have it; I saw Nier as I was leaving and said "consolation prize"

Been sleeping on CAG lately. Found some of these off of Slickdeals. Mad I didn't come here first as you guys have been on it since Wednesday night!

Could have ordered Super Monkey Ball NSW for $5 store pickup but skipped it (slight regret now) I got a copy of the "Activelife Outdoor Adventures" for store pickup for $5. Never played Ring Fit or whatever and thought it might be kinda cool.

Would have loved to grab Nier for 10, Star Ocean for 20 and DQM Dark Prince for $30 - But my backlog is like 40 games deep at this point so....

Also saw tagged shelf prices for many of the games mentioned here, the store I went to was out of stock of pretty much everything of interest though. I went home and ordered a copy of Story of Seasons - Wonderful Life for $10 though as that was on my list. Pretty happy - wondering if this is "it" for now or if there will be additional waves of clearance in the coming weeks.

I literally just ran into el hordo himself, asian guy bought everything that was on sale. Spent $500 even on the kids games that were on sale. SMH some people.
I saw a guy loading his cart like that years ago, I asked him if I could get 2 things in his hoard, and he told me I could but them for $40 from him right there in the store. He hadn't even bought them yet. I flipped his cart and stormed away.

Resellers are the scum of the earth.
At least some of them suck at math. Take some of the crappy games that are going for $5. If they manage to sell it for $15 then they maybe make $2 on eBay after fees and shipping. I mean there’s no way they are getting $20, stuff like the Harvest Moon game have been sitting on Walmart’s shelves for years now at that price,

If you take in account carrying costs, then they lose.

Some of these I’d be willing to pay $5 for just to have ‘treats’ around for the kids. A not so great game is definitely better than some of the stuff I end up buying them from 5 Below.

Ya other than like a few of the first party Nintendo games, none of the stuff is really worth flipping. Grabbed 2 copies of Star ocean to flip. Made decent profit after fees on one, but then about 20 others got listed on eBay for cheaper (once the Walmart orders got delivered) and the price tanked lol.

At least some of them suck at math. Take some of the crappy games that are going for $5. If they manage to sell it for $15 then they maybe make $2 on eBay after fees and shipping. I mean there’s no way they are getting $20, stuff like the Harvest Moon game have been sitting on Walmart’s shelves for years now at that price,

If you take in account carrying costs, then they lose.

Some of these I’d be willing to pay $5 for just to have ‘treats’ around for the kids. A not so great game is definitely better than some of the stuff I end up buying them from 5 Below.
Lol basically not worth the time and effort but I don't blame them for trying to make a buck. Yes annoying how they wanna buy up the joint and leave none for other. To bad nothing interest me beside SO but it'll be down again at another time. Reminds me of 2021 when the games were $3 to $8 and the games were more interesting.

Lol basically not worth the time and effort but I don't blame them for trying to make a buck. Yes annoying how they wanna buy up the joint and leave none for other. To bad nothing interest me beside SO but it'll be down again at another time. Reminds me of 2021 when the games were $3 to $8 and the games were more interesting.
Wtf. All these games and you only think one is interesting?

ring fit adventure $30
Xenoblade 3 $30

Wish I could get my hands on Xenoblade 3 for that price!

Wtf. All these games and you only think one is interesting?
All these games dont interest me, armorcore would be the other game but its $30 not $20. If it was wo long, unicorn overlord, SF6, MK1, rise of ronin or some Sony exclusives yeah I'll be down. I dont buy games just because they are cheap.

stopped by the broken lock walmart and ended up picking up more crap.

thps 1+2 xsx $5
nier automata ns $10
star ocean second story ns $20
armored core 6 $30

not sure about my armored core 6 impulse purchase though.

I tried getting a bunch of Switch games scanned. For some reason Playstation and Xbox games were all priced properly but Switch games were messed up from their sticker tags. Triangle Strategy and Advance Wars [like others have said] scanned for 3 cents. They had discounted stickers down to the 30-40 range. I asked if I could compromise and even possibly just pay the reduced sticker price. Employee said best thing he could do was have the manager come to electronics and possibly override it and maybe make it msrp price. Said no thanks.

Over the past two days I grabbed:

:switch: Among Us: Crewmate Edition $10.00
:switch: Nier: Automata The End of Yorha Edition $10.00
:switch: Story of Season: A Wonderful Life $10.00
:switch: Plants Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition $5.00
:switch: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope SE $5.00

:ps5:Monster Energy AMA Supercross 6 Championship $5.00
:ps5:Lego 2K Drive Awesome Edition (Includes actual 3-in-1 Aquadirt Racer in-box) $10.00
:ps5:Miraculous Rise of the Sphinx $5.00

:ps4:Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuled $5.00
:ps4:Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $5.00
:ps4:Sonic Origins Plus+ $5.00
:ps4:World of Outlaws Dirt Racing $5.00
:ps4:Sniper Elite 5 $5.00

Saw but did not buy:

:switch: Dragon Quest Treasures $45.00
:ps5:One Piece Odyssey $10.00
:ps5:Lords of the Fallen $20.00
:ps5:Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3 Slime Speedway $10.00
:ps4: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road To Boruto $5.00
:ps5: Hitman World of Assasination $20.00
:ps4:Gran Turismo 7 $20.00
:ps5: Gotham Knights $10.00
:ps5:Diablo IV $20.00
:ps5:The Witcher III Wild Hunt: Complete Edition $20.00
:ps5:Star Ocean: The Second Story R $20.00
:switch: Metroid Dread (Out-of stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Disney Illusion Island $20.00
:switch: Fire Emblem Engage (Out-of-Stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Crash Bandicoot ? (out-of-stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Crash Bandicoot 4 $20.00
:switch: Catan Console Edition Super Deluxe $10.00

Actually marked 3cents on the shelf but pulled
:switch:Advanced Wars 1+2
:switch:Super Mario Strikers

Tried to get Bayonetta Origins, Pokemon Snap, and another Switch title but they were scanning 3 Cents, cashier refused to sell, and Claims came and picked the rest up behind the glass.

Tip: Make sure you're checking ALL gaming shelves at your Wal-Mart location, behind the glass, in the $19.99-and-under section and the store's dedicated clearance aisle.

Went to my local Wally World, saw price tags for Nier Automata and Star Ocean but both were cleaned out. I did manage to get Sonic Origins PS4 for $5 with pickup. The one I really wanted but couldn't find was Dragon Quest Monsters. Oh well, can't win them all.

I keep seeing Sonic Origins for $20, not $5 :/
Check the Wal-Mart website, put in your local zip code for your Wal-Mart location (maybe this requires a login with your Wal-Mart account? Not sure) and see if it's there. The PS4 version of Sonic Origins is $5.00 - not the PS5 version. The Wal-Mart website shows $5.00 at my local Wal-Mart store, but you may actually have to go there in-person to see if it's in-stock (and if it's scanning for $5.00 - ask an associate to scan it).

Last edited:
Check the Wal-Mart website, put in your local zip code for your Wal-Mart location (maybe this requires a login with your Wal-Mart account? Not sure) and see if it's there. The PS4 version of Sonic Origins is $5.00 - not the PS5 version. The Wal-Mart website shows $5.00 at my local Wal-Mart store, but you may actually have to go there in-person to see if it's in-stock (and if it's scanning for $5.00 - ask an associate to scan it).
I've been to 4 different Walmarts in the last few days and confirmed in-store at one today with the app that both PS4 and PS5 versions were $20

Over the past two days I grabbed:

:switch: Among Us: Crewmate Edition $10.00
:switch: Nier: Automata The End of Yorha Edition $10.00
:switch: Story of Season: A Wonderful Life $10.00
:switch: Plants Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition $5.00
:switch: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope SE $5.00

:ps5:Monster Energy AMA Supercross 6 Championship $5.00
:ps5:Lego 2K Drive Awesome Edition (Includes actual 3-in-1 Aquadirt Racer in-box) $10.00
:ps5:Miraculous Rise of the Sphinx $5.00

:ps4:Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuled $5.00
:ps4:Tiny Tina's Wonderlands $5.00
:ps4:Sonic Origins Plus+ $5.00
:ps4:World of Outlaws Dirt Racing $5.00
:ps4:Sniper Elite 5 $5.00

Saw but did not buy:

:switch: Dragon Quest Treasures $45.00
:ps5:One Piece Odyssey $10.00
:ps5:Lords of the Fallen $20.00
:ps5:Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3 Slime Speedway $10.00
:ps4: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road To Boruto $5.00
:ps5: Hitman World of Assasination $20.00
:ps4:Gran Turismo 7 $20.00
:ps5: Gotham Knights $10.00
:ps5:Diablo IV $20.00
:ps5:The Witcher III Wild Hunt: Complete Edition $20.00
:ps5:Star Ocean: The Second Story R $20.00
:switch: Metroid Dread (Out-of stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Disney Illusion Island $20.00
:switch: Fire Emblem Engage (Out-of-Stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Crash Bandicoot ? (out-of-stock at my store) $20.00
:switch: Crash Bandicoot 4 $20.00
:switch: Catan Console Edition Super Deluxe $10.00

Actually marked 3cents on the shelf but pulled
:switch:Advanced Wars 1+2
:switch:Super Mario Strikers

Tried to get Bayonetta Origins, Pokemon Snap, and another Switch title but they were scanning 3 Cents, cashier refused to sell, and Claims came and picked the rest up behind the glass.

Tip: Make sure you're checking ALL gaming shelves at your Wal-Mart location, behind the glass, in the $19.99-and-under section and the store's dedicated clearance aisle.
even strikers has been marked to 3 cents? Damn a bunch of games I was hoping to get for $20-$25 at walmart are now gone

This sale has been awesome, found a bunch of good stuff for $5-10 and even a FFVII Remake Intergrade for PS5 and Pokemon Shield w/ Expansion Pass sealed at an out of the way Walmart. Tons of .03 games and no dice on getting anyone to sell them. Would love to even pay $10 for those $.03 titles.

if a fellow CAG member has an extra Nier switch copy at their Walmart, I would really appreciate if I could get a copy. I would pay for shipping.

picked up rune factory 3 switch for $10
rune factory 5 is still $30

strangers of paradise ps5 wasn't on clearance at the store i stopped at

Last edited:
bread's done
Back