Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my local Wal-Mart today and picked up the following:

Star Ocean: The Second Story R $20.00 (PS5)
Disney Illusion Island $20.00 (Switch)

I ended up doing a run between four Walmart's this weekend... found the last Star Ocean: The Second Story R (Switch) for $20 and one store that had their Fire Emblem Engage copies dropped to $20 so I grabbed one. All the stores that previously had Nier Automata (Switch), had the tags marked down to $10... but no copies left or I would have grabbed one. Also I didn't get it but Kirby Star Allies seems to be $30 at most stores.

WMs sales are mostly YMMV, as evidenced by how folks here are seeing games priced differently across stores/regions.

As always, none of these are showing up at mine.
I find that to be true most of the time. I was shocked that all of the stores, but 1 I went to over the weekend had the prices on the shelf correct. That one store here was missing some of the correct price tags, and they also had 2-3 of the titles that were not scanning with the markdowns.

I ended up doing a run between four Walmart's this weekend... found the last Star Ocean: The Second Story R (Switch) for $20 and one store that had their Fire Emblem Engage copies dropped to $20 so I grabbed one. All the stores that previously had Nier Automata (Switch), had the tags marked down to $10... but no copies left or I would have grabbed one. Also I didn't get it but Kirby Star Allies seems to be $30 at most stores.

I dont think Kirby Star Allies is worth $30... IMO

I thought the demo was kind of fun and that this might be a good casual family game night type of game and $30 is cheaper than ebay for it. I ended up passing on it for now.

if getting a 2D Kirby, might as well go Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe.

That one would be well worth 30 (maybe even 40 imo) and your time

My local store had discounted a bunch of the games listed here. I already had some of them but left with PS5 Gotham Knights for $10 and the last copy of Ring Fit Adventure for $30.

I don't know but my Walmart didn't really have anything for sale on Switch or PlayStation. The cashier was telling me about the .03 cent games though lol. He was telling me they had to recall them back off shelf

I got Hello Neighbor's 2 - $5 xsx (last copy)
THPS 1+2 -$5 xsx (last copy)
BF 2042 -$5
NFS Unbound- $5

Last edited:
In my weekend shenanigans I tried to grab advance wars for .03 cents.. Guy told me "they could never sell it at .03 cents as its a huge loss for walmart" and IF he could even force the system to sell it, it would have to be 48$ or some such stuff. Actually a pretty nice guy tho overall.

Edit: OH and I found a copy of forbidden west ps4 for $10 so I scooped it.

WMs sales are mostly YMMV, as evidenced by how folks here are seeing games priced differently across stores/regions.

As always, none of these are showing up at mine.
YMMV when it comes down to the normal times. As I've been seen the entire week and more. Everyone been talking about the exact same games, the exact same prices, the exact same time frame at different locations sounds like nationwide and to add it started online on the website until they sold out online. These are certain games Diablo, star ocean, few others those nationwide .

YMMV when it comes down to the normal times. As I've been seen the entire week and more. Everyone been talking about the exact same games, the exact same prices, the exact same time frame at different locations sounds like nationwide and to add it started online on the website until they sold out online. These are certain games Diablo, star ocean, few others those nationwide .
All the game price drops I saw like Star Ocean $20, Nier $10, & Fire Emblem Engage were just regular price stickers and not the clearance tag. So, definitely more likely to be nationwide. Kirby Star Allies was a normal sticker as well for it at $30 but another store I visited had it at $40. So either they didn't put the new tags out (which is plausible, though they had them for other games)... or it's not as nationwide as some of this seems.

The only games that had the yellow clearance stickers were:

PS5:
Strangers in Paradise -$10
Wo Long -$10
One Piece Odyssey-$10

These seem like they are specific to the one store. All the rest of the games had normal shelf tags at the reduced prices.

The only games that had the yellow clearance stickers were:

PS5:
Strangers in Paradise -$10
Wo Long -$10
One Piece Odyssey-$10

These seem like they are specific to the one store. All the rest of the games had normal shelf tags at the reduced prices.
Right thats what I was saying to the guy. The yellow tag are the local stores ymmv but the ones like Diablo and star ocean are the nationwide because they have the normal tags and they were purchasable on the site before they were sold out

I'm kind of madly disappointed that I missed the opportunity to get some of the games I want. I live in Louisiana, how are these people getting to there first, do they have some kind of website or app that can keep track of? And the worst part is my sense of doubt because maybe the games might go even lower. Are there any suggestions to remove myself of doubt about buying them? And for Nintendo games themselves, is it still worth getting even though some of them have DLC?

The games I wanted were:
Star Ocean PS5 and Switch $ 20
Advance Wars $ 33
Disney Illusion Island $ 20
Bayonetta Cereza Lost Demon $ 33
Fire Emblem Engage $ 16 (tried to buy but register denied)
Unicorn Overlord $ 30 (I somehow didn't notice until I saw it was empty and scanned it, was showing $ 60 on price tag)
Metroid Prime $ 20
Xenoblade 3 $ 30

Last edited:
Went by one WalMart location today and noticed they price-dropped a few more titles yesterday (but maybe they were just doing random inventory?)
Found the following with clearance stickers marked 4/21/24:

:ps5:Atomic Heart $21.00
:ps5:Atlas Fallen $21.00
:ps4:Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon $21.00
:ps4: Mass Effect Legendary Edition $5.00

Believe what you want. None of these games were on clearance at my locations. I think you're also forgetting there are a lot of folks here who post who basically live in the same area/region which also would easily explain the same games being on clearance at the same prices.

Walmart is doing a lot more dynamic pricing. I've seen games I search for on Google show up at $20 at WM.com, but I go to the website and once I punch in my zip code, it changes the price to $50/60/70.

Last edited:
Unicorn Overlord $ 30 (I somehow didn't notice until I saw it was empty and scanned it, was showing $ 60 on price tag)
Metroid Prime $ 20
You sure this wasn't Metroid Dread? I've seen Metroid Prime Remastered in a Metroid Dread slot at one Walmart showing $20 but it was just misplaced, I don't think Metroid Prime Remastered is $20 anywhere

And if it is I might have to do another round...

Unicorn Overload was the only game I was unable to find for Switch and I bought a ton of crap I don't need lol

You sure this wasn't Metroid Dread? I've seen Metroid Prime Remastered in a Metroid Dread slot at one Walmart showing $20 but it was just misplaced, I don't think Metroid Prime Remastered is $20 anywhere

And if it is I might have to do another round...

Unicorn Overload was the only game I was unable to find for Switch and I bought a ton of crap I don't need lol
Oh that's right I meant Dread, my bad.

I found Star Ocean today at lunch, and the lone copy of Advance Wars 1 & 2. The associate that came over let me scan it in the app, and sure enough it was .03 cents. He was shocked, said he knew it was just on clearance a week or so ago. He tried ringing it up, but was blocked, so he called the Claims lady to electronics. She explained the recall, and told him they couldn't override it. I think he was way more disappointed than I was. LOL

Went by one WalMart location today and noticed they price-dropped a few more titles yesterday (but maybe they were just doing random inventory?)
Found the following with clearance stickers marked 4/21/24:

:ps5:Atomic Heart $21.00
:ps5:Atlas Fallen $21.00
:ps4:Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon $21.00
:ps4: Mass Effect Legendary Edition $5.00
Was Armored Core the Ps4 or Ps5 version? Also which Walmart?

I saw a shelf sticker for DQ Monsters for $30 ,the store I was at was out though. Wasn't clearence, just new price.

One of the stores that actually had copies of DQM did have a regular sticker price at $30. If I didn't already own it, I would have happily grabbed a copy.

Believe what you want. None of these games were on clearance at my locations. I think you're also forgetting there are a lot of folks here who post who basically live in the same area/region which also would easily explain the same games being on clearance at the same prices.

Walmart is doing a lot more dynamic pricing. I've seen games I search for on Google show up at $20 at WM.com, but I go to the website and once I punch in my zip code, it changes the price to $50/60/70.

I've seen very mixed results in my area. For example Nier Automata (Switch) priced at $10 at a few locations but yet still remains $30 at others. Same goes for No Man's Sky (Switch). I know because, among others, I've been scanning them to check. And some stores have games like Triangle Strategy and Advance Wars Reboot Camp marked for salvage, while others don't. I'm not sure Walmart does anything truly 'nationwide'. There always seems to be a significant degree of YMMV.

I'm kind of madly disappointed that I missed the opportunity to get some of the games I want. I live in Louisiana, how are these people getting to there first, do they have some kind of website or app that can keep track of? And the worst part is my sense of doubt because maybe the games might go even lower. Are there any suggestions to remove myself of doubt about buying them? And for Nintendo games themselves, is it still worth getting even though some of them have DLC?

The games I wanted were:
Star Ocean PS5 and Switch $ 20
Advance Wars $ 33
Disney Illusion Island $ 20
Bayonetta Cereza Lost Demon $ 33
Fire Emblem Engage $ 16 (tried to buy but register denied)
Metroid Prime $ 20
Xenoblade 3 $ 30

Well I know for sure that Metroid Dread had been $30 for awhile at many locations before unexpectedly dropping to $20 so stock of it probably dried up because of that to some degree. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 probably would have done the same at $30.

As far as Advance Wars goes it's on my wishlist and I honestly can't ever recall having seen it on a good sale. If you actually saw it for $33 that seems like a great deal. Some Walmart locations have it marked for salvage now though so it seems the opportunity for any hot clearance deal on it is diminishing.

For Bayonetta Origins some Walmart locations have it marked as salvage and can't/won't sell it, and besides many Target stores have had it on clearance for $17.99 (70% off) in recent weeks so you are likely better off checking there. Though the clock is ticking on that as they may pull the unsold copies for salvage soon.

Pretty late to the party, but I wasn’t able to get out to Walmart until yesterday. They had one $30 Ring Fit Adventure left which I got, not much else of note in stock.

Found at Riverdale, NJ

NFS Unbound XSX: $5
Riders Republic X1/XSX: $5
Goat Simulator 3 XSX: $5
LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga XSX: $10
AEW Fight Forever X1/XSX: $10
Armored Core VI XSX: $30 (the only game that had tons of copies leftover, had 6)
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 PS5: $20
LEGO 2K Drive PS5: $10
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands PS4: $5
NERF Legends NSW: $5

All the really good games were swept up long before I got there which sucks. I'm trying to find Nier Automata and Kirby Star Allies with zero luck :(

Very late to the party but pleased to find the last ring fit adventure for $30. Also got:
$5 each: quarry xb, sonic colors ps4, world war z aftermath xb
$10 each: aew forever ps4 and xb
$14: five freddy collection ps4
$20 each: gow:r ps4, gt7 ps4
$30: metal gear solid collection switch

I'm super forgiving when it comes to wrestling games, but after a few days of play, AEW is borderline worth $10 between the lack of modes, bare bones creation suite, joke of a career mode, and temporary freezes during the action. The gameplay isn't horrible, but feels a bit too frantic as it's heavily based on the AKI engine...but sped up...maybe a bit too fast. Also, it takes 100 matches in exhibition to unlock Owen Hart. You'd likely be tired of the game by then. The tag AI is pretty darn good though, so there's that.

As far as Advance Wars goes it's on my wishlist and I honestly can't ever recall having seen it on a good sale.

I ended up getting it when GameFly was getting rid of excess copies for $39.99. I figured that was the best it was going to get and if it got cheaper others would snag the copies before I could get to them. So far, not regretting that at all. Currently gamefly lists the price as $44.99 which is not as good and it's out of stock used, but you can setup a stock alert as a last resort option for when they dump another batch of copies.

All the really good games were swept up long before I got there which sucks. I'm trying to find Nier Automata and Kirby Star Allies with zero luck :(

Try Walmart.com. It's showing as available to purchase from walmart for $30

I ended up getting it when GameFly was getting rid of excess copies for $39.99. I figured that was the best it was going to get and if it got cheaper others would snag the copies before I could get to them. So far, not regretting that at all. Currently gamefly lists the price as $44.99 which is not as good and it's out of stock used, but you can setup a stock alert as a last resort option for when they dump another batch of copies.

Try Walmart.com. It's showing as available to purchase from walmart for $30

I regret canceling my $40 advance wars from Target during a b2g1 sale. I incorrectly assumed it would get cheaper.

$5
Active Life Outdoor Challenge Nintendo Switch
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Xbox One
The Quarry - Xbox Series X
The Quarry - Xbox One
Goat Simulator 3 - Xbox Series X
Tiny Tinas Wonderlands - Playstation 4
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania - Nintendo Switch
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition - Nintendo Switch
Miraculous: Rise of the Sphinx, Nintendo Switch
Riders Republic - Xbox Series X, Xbox One
World of Outlaws Dirt Racing - Xbox Series X
World War Z: Aftermath, Xbox One/Xbox Series X
$10
The Grinch: Christmas Adventures - Nintendo Switch
Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival - Nintendo Switch
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life - Nintendo Switch
Madden NFL 24 - Xbox Series X/ Xbox One
Wild hearts - Xbox Series X
World of Outlaws: Dirt Racing 2023, Nintendo Switch
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 - Xbox

Last edited:
Finally managed to score these after striking out before:

:switch: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (NSW) - $5
:switch: Nier Automata (NSW) - $10
:switch: No Man's Sky (NSW) - $10
:switch: Star Ocean: The Second Story R (NSW) - $20

Was at a store that had them at regular price before and was apparently delayed in dropping them. The other locations I had visited previously were mostly picked clean, though I did manage to find these:

:switch: Active Life Outdoor Challenge (NSW) - $5
:switch: Ring Fit Adventure (NSW) - $30
:switch: The Witcher 3: Complete Edition (NSW) - $30

Last edited:
Walmart shipped me Nioh Collection for Amored Core (PS5). No receipt. How i return this $ucker. I picked up Nioh Collection used under $15 lasted year from GS. Nioh itself is extremely hard game. I can't even pass 3rd mission, lol

Walmart shipped me Nioh Collection for Amored Core (PS5). No receipt. How i return this $ucker. I picked up Nioh Collection used under $15 lasted year from GS. Nioh itself is extremely hard game. I can't even pass 3rd mission, lol
Lol you order armorcore but got nioh. Should return it and get receipt from the email or something. Nioh isnt hard its all in your head and given up makes it worse

I lucked out at my local today, they had one copy of Star Ocean Switch that I grabbed for $20. Odd since it was sold out last week so maybe they are restocking some of these? If I can just find Dragon Quest Monsters I will be happy, I already have Nier for PS4 and I am just buying games I actually want for my collection. I have no desire nor motivation to flip Walmart games lol.

Dude I wanted to like Nioh so badly. I loved Ninja Gaiden 1-2 perfect "Hard but not fuck hard" - Nioh/souls games are just too slow/methodical/difficult for me. I unloaded it pretty quickly after getting it at walmart for $7 like two years ago and never looked back. Everyone always tries to convince me I should keep trying souls games, but honeslty I'm good without them.

Anyway, went to a walmart thats only about 20 minutes from me but I rarely go into. Noticed yellow tags everywhere but most of the markdowns werent great and still 20-30$ range.

I noticed that GoW Ragnarock is down to 20$ for the ps4 version. Was tempted by a few odds and ends but still no luck with $20 Star ocean or $30 DQ Monsters 3 so for now i'm good. My fiance and I did get a copy of Goat Simulator for xbox for her younger brother as a "this is $5 and probably really stupid/weird" semi gag gift.

Weird selection and seemingly random prices at the Seaford Delaware Walmart. If I was into flipping I'd probably buy the five copies of Bravely Default II and ten copies of Age of Calamity but none of the ones I really want are cheap enough for me to bite.

Attachments

• 20240429_124227.jpg
    20240429_124227.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Weird selection and seemingly random prices at the Seaford Delaware Walmart. If I was into flipping I'd probably buy the five copies of Bravely Default II and ten copies of Age of Calamity but none of the ones I really want are cheap enough for me to bite.

Not worth it for Bravely Default II considering what it typically goes for. It's okay as a keep to own price, but to resell? Nah.

Last edited:
What's weird is those are the tags you usually see on open box if I'm not mistaken. It's almost like the store converted those to avoid sending them back/destroy them.

bread's done
Back