Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have gotten one & only .03 game, that would be Darksiders Genesis for the switch. I had & still have no interest in the game what so ever but I keep it along with the receipt in a protector box just as my CAG badge of honor 😅

ahhh the .03 game days, goes good with the .01 penny guides and when AWD had vitas/xbox for $35. we had some good runs. i remember getting gta vi for free at multiple stores because the best buy b2g1 rockstar game glitch during release too.

You have to be really lucky to get someone to override the register to allow you to buy current 3 cent games. They don't scan as for sale anymore so there is no way to sell it unless a manager overrides it. I wouldn't try looking for those.

Went to three different Walmarts over the last 24 hours and struck out on all of them. The first one had Fire Emblem Engage tagged on the shelf at $20 but no stock. Saw Armored Core and some version of Call of Duty for $30 but I'm not interested in those. The second had FE tagged and Metroid Dread tagged at $30 but no copies there either. The third one had Fire Emblem but it was tagged at $40 and rang up as that so I passed. I might go hit another in the area this evening.

My store has Nier still marked at $30 but if I buy would I be able to return it and rebuy it at a store that has it marked at $10?

My store has Nier still marked at $30 but if I buy would I be able to return it and rebuy it at a store that has it marked at $10?
Depends on the person doing the return and the manager. I got shot down one time. Best way is to buy another copy at the marked down price then return it with the receipt for the other.

My store had a bunch of stuff

Xbox
Series and One versions of The Quarry 5
Series version of THPS 1 & 2 5
Goat Sim 3 5
Both Diablo versions 20
Sonic Origins Plus 5
World of Outlaws 5
Forza Motorsport 30
AEW 10
Cod MW2 30
Both versions ofCOD BOCW 30
Saints Row 5
Riders Republic 5
World War Z 5
Crash Insane Trilogy 20
Lego SW Skywalker Saga 10
Witcher 3 CE 20
Payday 3 20
PGA2k23 5
Gotham Knights 10
Armored Core 6 30
MGS Master Collection 30
Madden 24 10
Yakuza Like a Dragon Steelbook 10
Justice League .... Chaos. 10
Motocross 6 10
Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed 10
Wild Hearts 10
Hello Neighbor 2 5
A DragonBall game 10
Rabbits Party 10
Plants v Zombies Neighborville 10
Battlefield 2042 10
World War Z Aftermath 5

Playstation
Both versions of Diablo 4 20
Sniper Elite 5 5
Ps5 NHL24 30
Ps5 Payday 3 20
Ps5 Trolls 20
Ps5 Witcher 3 CE 20
Ps5 Armored Core 6 30
Ps5 Avatar QoB 20
Ps4 AEW 10
Both versions of CodMW2 30
Both versions of CodBOCW 30
Cod MW 30
F1 23 20
Ps4 GT7 20
Ps5 Hitman World 20
Lords of fallen 20
Mgs collection 1 30
Ps5 Hot wheels unleashed 2 20
Ps5 Nickelodeon brawl 2 20
Ps5 Horizon Forbidden West launch ed 30
Ps4 PGA2k3 30
Crash bandicoot it's about time 30
Persona 5 tactical 20
Lets sing 2024 30
Star Ocean Second Story 20
Ps4 God of War Ragnarok 20
Gotham Knights 10
Ps5 Naruto 20
Ps5 thps 1 & 2 5
Mass effect 5
Ps4 Naruto ult 5
Ps5 anno 1800 5
Ps5 ratchet and clank rift apart 30
Tales arise 20.98

Switch
Plants v Zombies battle for neighborville 5
Super Monkey ball banana 5
Active Life 5
Unicorn Overlord 30
Catan Super 10
Nier Automata 10
Dragon Quest Monsters 30
MGS Collection 30
DreamWorks Allstar Kart Racing 10
Disney Ill Isl (?) 20
Bravely Default 2 30
Mario Sonic Olympics 30
World of Outlaws 10
Spyro Trilogy 20
Fire Emblem Warriors Three... 30
Jojo 25
Sonic Mania/Sonic Racing 20
No Man's Sky 10
Pikmin 3 Deluxe 30
Ringfit Adventure Bundle 30
Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 10
Crash Bandicoot something 20
STAR Ocean Second Story 20

I think that's everything from both Walmarts in town which pretty much matched eachother pricingwise. Happy hunting. I'll try to clean it up later.

Last edited:
Will the Xbox Series X Witcher 3 disc work in an Xbox One S?

Xbox
Goat Sim 3 $5
Both Diablo versions 20
Sonic Origins Plus 5
World of Outlaws 5
Forza Motorsport 30
AEW 10
Cod MW2 30
COD BO 30
Saints Row 5
Riders Republic 5
World War Z 5

Many more. Have to pick up my kid. Will post rest whil4 waiting
walmart gone wild this week. too many games on sale :)

I went to a BUNCH of stores today, almost struck out completely. But then I stumbled upon this at my final stop:

Diablo-4.jpg

Didn't even know this was a thing. But I finally got Diablo 4 at my 'buy' price, to try it out. (I'm not giving these 'service games' companies my money anymore; fuck em.)

Three stores had Armored Core 6 ticketed at $30 on the shelf today, when the priced hadn't been reduced two days ago. There was lots of additional stuff on clearance but almost none of it was noteworthy, or from the main list.

Last edited:
I put in an online order for Modern Warfare III PS4/5 when it was posted earlier for $30 since the site claimed it wasn't in stock at my local Walmart. Went there after work for groceries and decided to check the game section anyway and lo and behold, there it was. They'd already shipped my copy (despite it saying it's going to take over a week to arrive) so I wasn't able to cancel it.

I did see a looooot of other games for greatly discounted prices and now I kind of wish I had thought to take a picture to show you guys the selection. I personally took a chance on PS5 copies of Diablo IV, Lords of the Fallen and Cult of the Lamb (all $20 each.) Some others I remember were Sniper Elite 5 for $5 (passed because I heard it sucked) and Lego 2K Drive for $10 (passed because I already bought it around Black Friday.)

Regardless, I would say that even if the site claims your store is out of stock, it might be worth taking a drive over anyways, never know what might actually be there.

I was able to buy near and Star Ocean at full price at one store and re-buy them at another store I told the cashier that I just wanted to return and rebuy because I used the wrong card and she didn't even care

Yeah got shot down for .03 advance warfare. He almost gave it to me but he didn’t want to get in trouble. Got 2k drive 3 in 1 aquadirt racer Lego set for $10 each. Riders republic was $5 for me sonic origins plus was $5 as well. I’ll probably check one more Walmart tomorrow that is back stocked on a bunch of stuff and see what they have.

Yea so Walmart is getting out of the physical games business sooner than later huh? That forking sucks!! Not good for us enjoyers of low cost electronic diversions.

Yea so Walmart is getting out of the physical games business sooner than later huh? That forking sucks!! Not good for us enjoyers of low cost electronic diversions.
I talked to the guy at the Walmart I frequent at he said the mark downs are to clear space for Black Friday anything that doesn’t sell will just end up on the black Friday ad. They aren’t out of the physical business just yet.

says who?

Don't come here and just make stuff up. Clearance markdowns are a normal part of retail operations. The only weird thing is how we haven't been getting any clearances lately, and Walmart not doing them for so many years.

I remember way more weeks of $20 games at Best Buy and Target in years past. Target used to have entire sectionals dedicated to video game clearance items. It's just that Walmart is the one with the bigger video game selection now, after some others have gotten out of the game. Publishers also do these clearances (reimburse retailers) in order to clear them off the shelves and not devalue their IPs, especially digital sales. e.g. Blizzard wants to sell Diablo 4 for $60-$70 again in the future. That's exactly what happened with Starfield; the stagnant retail copies were ruining the game's value so the publisher had them recalled/destroyed. They don't want a price perception of $19.99, or even "worthless", on customers minds.

Just bc Xbox can't sell any physical games doesn't mean that nobody else can. Microsoft purposefully designed their physical games to fail. Their customers are paying $200/yr for renting games with Gamepass Ultimate.

Xbox
Goat Sim 3 5
Both Diablo versions 20
Sonic Origins Plus 5
World of Outlaws 5
Forza Motorsport 30
AEW 10
Cod MW2 30
Both versions ofCOD BOCW 30
Saints Row 5
Riders Republic 5
World War Z 5
Crash Insane Trilogy 20
Lego SW Skywalker Saga 10
Witcher 3 CE 20
Payday 3 20
PGA2k23 5
Gotham Knights 10
Armored Core 6 30
MGS Master Collection 30
Madden 24 10
Yakuza Like a Dragon Steelbook 10
Justice League .... Chaos. 10
Motocross 6 10
Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed 10
Wild Hearts 10
Hello Neighbor 2 5
A DragonBall game 10
Rabbits Party 10
Plants v Zombies Neighborville 10
Battlefield 2042 10
World War Z Aftermath 5
spyro trilogy $5
madden 24 $10

Playstation
Both versions of Diablo 4 20
Sniper Elite 5 5
Ps5 NHL24 30
Ps5 Payday 3 20
Ps5 Trolls 20
Ps5 Witcher 3 CE 20
Ps5 Armored Core 6 30
Ps5 Avatar QoB 20
Ps4 AEW 10
Both versions of CodMW2 30
Both versions of CodBOCW 30
Cod MW 30
F1 23 20
Ps4 GT7 20
Ps5 Hitman World 20
Lords of fallen 20
Mgs collection 1 30
Ps5 Hot wheels unleashed 2 20
Ps5 Nickelodeon brawl 2 20
Ps5 Horizon Forbidden West launch ed 30
Ps4 PGA2k3 30
Crash bandicoot it's about time 30
Persona 5 tactical 20
Lets sing 2024 30
Star Ocean Second Story 20
Ps4 God of War Ragnarok 20
Gotham Knights 10
Ps5 Naruto 20
Ps5 thps 1 & 2 5
Mass effect 5
Ps4 Naruto ult 5
Ps5 anno 1800 5
Ps5 ratchet and clank rift apart 30
Tales arise 20.98
PS4: Sackboy $5
ps5: lets sing $20

Switch
Plants v Zombies battle for neighborville 5
Super Monkey ball banana 5
Active Life 5
Unicorn Overlord 30
Catan Super 10
Nier Automata 10
Dragon Quest Monsters 30
MGS Collection 30
DreamWorks Allstar Kart Racing 10
Disney Ill Isl (?) 20
Bravely Default 2 30
Mario Sonic Olympics 30
World of Outlaws 10
Spyro Trilogy 20
Fire Emblem Warriors Three... 30
Jojo 25
Sonic Mania/Sonic Racing 20
No Man's Sky 10
Pikmin 3 Deluxe 30
Ringfit Adventure Bundle 30
Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 10
Crash Bandicoot something 20
STAR Ocean Second Story 20
Nerf Legends $5
Lego Brawls $5
Havest Moon LOH complete $5

Most complete list I seen., thank you. I added a few titles I seen/got today that wasn't listed in red.

found 3 copies for advance wars but wasn't able to purchased :(.

also looking for a copy of witchers ps5 if anyone come across an extra. i have an xbox copy/other titles from the clearance.

says who?

Don't come here and just make stuff up. Clearance markdowns are a normal part of retail operations. The only weird thing is how we haven't been getting any clearances lately, and Walmart not doing them for so many years.

I remember way more weeks of $20 games at Best Buy and Target in years past. Target used to have entire sectionals dedicated to video game clearance items. It's just that Walmart is the one with the bigger video game selection now, after some others have gotten out of the game. Publishers also do these clearances (reimburse retailers) in order to clear them off the shelves and not devalue their IPs, especially digital sales. e.g. Blizzard wants to sell Diablo 4 for $60-$70 again in the future. That's exactly what happened with Starfield; the stagnant retail copies were ruining the game's value so the publisher had them recalled/destroyed. They don't want a price perception of $19.99, or even "worthless", on customers minds.

Just bc Xbox can't sell any physical games doesn't mean that nobody else can. Microsoft purposefully designed their physical games to fail. Their customers are paying $200/yr for renting games with Gamepass Ultimate.

When Best Buy announced it was getting rid of physical media (not for games tho), Josh from LRG said he heard the same thing about Walmart

Went to one by me and they had everything tagged.
Got:
Diablo IV ps5
Armored Core ps5
super monkey ball banana mania switch
plants v zombies switch
harvest moon light of hope switch
spyro ps4
crash nitro kart ps4
spyro xbox one

They had a crap ton of diablo.

Willing to trade something for Nier Switch

I’ve had pretty good luck. The 3 titles I’ve been wanting most on switch (advance wars, nier, and 3 houses) have all eluded me but I figured those were going to be near impossible to find. I have a store pickup ready for star ocean but I found one at my local store that rang up correctly so I might cancel the pickup,

I’ve had pretty good luck. The 3 titles I’ve been wanting most on switch (advance wars, nier, and 3 houses) have all eluded me but I figured those were going to be near impossible to find. I have a store pickup ready for star ocean but I found one at my local store that rang up correctly so I might cancel the pickup,
You were thinking that they would sell you advance wars for 3 cents?

You were thinking that they would sell you advance wars for 3 cents?
No. My local store had it listed as $20 and “in stock” but they couldn’t find the 6 they had in stock. My guess is management knew they needed to recall them and scooped them up before I got there and hadn’t changed it over in the system to 3 cents yet.

No. My local store had it listed as $20 and “in stock” but they couldn’t find the 6 they had in stock. My guess is management knew they needed to recall them and scooped them up before I got there and hadn’t changed it over in the system to 3 cents yet.
They more then likely pulled them even if it was showing in stock, someone might've gotten to placing your order. They have to scan things still doing online orders and once they scanned it came up as .03 cents. One of the walmarts I went to yesterday had a stack of them and he pulled all of them after I tried to buy one.

Got AEW (PS4), also Monkey Ball and No Man's Sky for the Switch, on top of scoring Nier the other day. Good deal.

Glad my Walmart seems to be falling inline clearancing things out at steep discounts these last few weeks as they were notorious for only knocking a few dollars off here and there. Things are now priced to move.

Especially the toys. I don't wanna sound like a hoarder, but I got half a notion to snatch up half their Black Series Black Krrsantan figures when they finally drop to $5 to build a Wookiee army and practice modding. They got around twenty still gathering dust even discounted down to $13 which is crazy as it's a pretty cool figure.

Complete strike out for me. Place a pickup order for Harvest Moon Light of Hope complete last night for $5. Showed the store had 5 when I ordered. It was canceled this morning. Drove over to that store and there were some tags for some of the games mentioned but everything was cleared out. Tried another store and nothing there either.

I remember when target did their 4$ clearance a few years back. That's one of the only times I got in one. The other being Astral chain, Kirby, Xenoblade 1, mario 3ds, Luigi mansion and Pokémon sun and moon all being 10$ at Walmart.

Back when brickseek still worked somewhat and scanners were a thing.

I remember those times. 3DS games were $5 and muy local store was instructed to hide the games in the back and pull them from the shelf. Sunday morning when the promo ended magically all of the 3DS games were restocked back at MSRP. This is the days when rain checks were a thing and online ordering didn’t exist.

Seem like someone higher trying organizing Video games department get rid all the old games for new games. Hope walmart have video games on sale every week :)

I went on the hunt as soon as the Wario posts rolled in.

$20 apiece, $30 for AC, but they each required cash register manual adjustments and overrides. They were happy to honor the website's listed price. None of the posted markdowns have happened yet at either location.

You found them in store and then price matched from walmart.com? Says out of stock now for star ocean. Seems like no chance to get that deal today.

bread's done
Back