Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Audiophiles will probably scoff at these, but here goes anyway. Originally $80. Couldn't tell if the headphones have any actual McGraw markings or designs.
a1ea0188ab6f3c570f1405a6b11972bb.jpg

And, in case you want to dress up as the older guy:
405f4f63c8166ec8fe6b74b4b37e0be7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audiophiles will probably scoff at these, but here goes anyway. Originally $80. Couldn't tell if the headphones have any actual McGraw markings or designs.
a1ea0188ab6f3c570f1405a6b11972bb.jpg

And, in case you want to dress up as the older guy:
405f4f63c8166ec8fe6b74b4b37e0be7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a SKU on the headphones? I have tried a few I found on the walmart website but I did not get any hits near me

Found Pillars of Eternity (PC physical- Steam DRM) for $7 a day or two ago.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48988767

They also had alot of physical copies of The Witcher Wild Hunt (PC/Steam) which has the extra map, soundtrack, and I think a few other goodies for $19.99 but I passed on it. If it gets to around $10ish I might pick it up otherwise I'll wait for a sale for the complete version on consoles.

Wierd I went to walmart and it was for 20 but on brickseek it says 9.
The Wal-Mart closest to my house rarely updates the price tags so yours maybe the same as well. Since Brickseek showed the WiiU Pro Controllers were $25 here, but the price tag labeled was MSRP when I got there, but rang up as the Brickseek price.

Walmart never has anything but today I found the Mario (And Luigi) Wii U Plus Remotes for $20 and a Link Wii U pro controller for $12

Found Pillars of Eternity (PC physical- Steam DRM) for $7 a day or two ago.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48988767

They also had alot of physical copies of The Witcher Wild Hunt (PC/Steam) which has the extra map, soundtrack, and I think a few other goodies for $19.99 but I passed on it. If it gets to around $10ish I might pick it up otherwise I'll wait for a sale for the complete version on consoles.
The digital version of Wild Hunt: Complete Edition was $25 on Xbox One a few days ago, but the sale ended on Tuesday morning.

Witcher 3 doesn't come with a Steam key, it comes with a GOG.com key. In fact the only way to get the game on Steam is to buy it through Steam itself (similar to Grand Theft Auto V or any recent Ubisoft game).

Oh I didn't realize that :p my bad. Cool that It's a GOG key didn't realize that retail releases were offering those.

Picked up three of the drones. One for me, and two for friends. Still several available in most Walmart's in my area.

I did a search for drone in this thread and didn't see a sku.
I was the one who originally posted about the drone and I only took a picture of the item and tag. No one else gave the SKU.

Edit: Yay, hotwheels68. [emoji1360]

I was the one who originally posted about the drone and I only took a picture of the item and tag. No one else gave the SKU.

Edit: Yay, hotwheels68. [emoji1360]
Perhaps we need to start putting these things in the Wiki (is this thread Wiki'd?) so at least when we say it has already been posted people don't have to hunt it down but can instead look at the beginning of the thread.

Saw a few more deep cuts discounted today, but as always YMMV

All XB1 titles:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - $7

Batman TellTale Games Series - $15

Carmageddon - $12

Adventure Time - $15

Darksiders Deathfinitive - $15

Super Dungeon Bros - $15

Oh I didn't realize that :p my bad. Cool that It's a GOG key didn't realize that retail releases were offering those.
No, just Witcher 3 as far as I know. The game was developed by CDProjekt RED, which is owned by CDProjekt (the same company that owns GOG.com). That's why it's a GOG key and not a Steam key.

I finally broke down and bought the PDP wireless Wii U sensor bar for $8 and the 2DS Nerf Armor for $6. And some socks. The socks weren't on clearance.

Ross has best deals on socks like $7.99 for 6 pair reebok,puma,tap out that are low cut.
These were Starter brand socks - six pairs in a bag for $4.99. The ones I wear to work everyday had holes in the toes and ankles mainly because I'm more likely to buy clearance video game crap instead of stuff that I really need - like socks.

These were Starter brand socks - six pairs in a bag for $4.99. The ones I wear to work everyday had holes in the toes and ankles mainly because I'm more likely to buy clearance video game crap instead of stuff that I really need - like socks.
I replaced about 10 pairs that had holes in the back heel,toe area from work then running/jogging afterwards.

A store nearby showed 5 in stock of drone. Was able to find 1 on the shelf in the toy department with RC toys. Bought it for my dad...he's been wanting a drone for a while so thought this would be a decent starter drone to see if he wants to invest in a better one.

Also, I know some of y'all must use window de-icer when it's cold out. Found this one by necessity. Normally $2.97, can be found as low as $0.01 that I see near me.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=16424027

A store nearby showed 5 in stock of drone. Was able to find 1 on the shelf in the toy department with RC toys.

Also, I know some of y'all must use window de-icer when it's cold out. Found this one by necessity. Normally $2.50, can be found as low as $0.01 that I see near me.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=16424027
We found the motherload of these drones on an endcap near the photo section (not in toys at all), so they can be in creative places.

As for the de-icer, expect some resistance if you try to buy it at $0.01 as that is retail-speak for "DO NOT SELL THIS ON PENALTY OF DEATH." But the point is moot, because here in TX the occasional ice storm is usually countered by using a credit card to scrape clean a square inch of the windshield. :)

bread's done
Back