Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
d6bbb6f283843a6d24e774b29abaaf48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a few fitbit flex for $24.  They were hidden in the counter below the display, which is why they were probably still there.

I'm not a guy. I wasn't arguing, just stating a fact. Stop trying to create drama.
OK, person on the internet:

1. That wasn't a fact but most definitely an opinion, and one offered in a sarcastic manner unless you want to hang out or something?

2. It's DPCI, short for DePartment/Class/Item, not short for DeCartment/Plass/Item (I should cross-post this in the Target thread :D )

3. If someone offers you a correction without insulting you or biting off your head, just absorb it and then move on instead of creating drama. It's not big deal.

RIP Flower, I hardly knew ye.

OK, person on the internet:

1. That wasn't a fact but most definitely an opinion, and one offered in a sarcastic manner unless you want to hang out or something?
2. It's DPCI, short for DePartment/Class/Item, not short for DeCartment/Plass/Item (I should cross-post this in the Target thread :D )
3. If someone offers you a correction without insulting you or biting off your head, just absorb it and then move on instead of creating drama. It's not big deal.

RIP Flower, I hardly knew ye.
Wow. Calm down. All that and some weird spoiler over a small typo and "it's not big deal"? Thanks for your thoughts, forum police. Now we all know who has a stick up his ass.

That's what happens when there's Nintendo clearance talk, brings out the teenagers....j/k!

I'm out today at Walmarts to find some TV clearance, that'll bring the adult conversation back...hopefully.

Just went to Walmart and got 2 Armed Forces controllers for $15 each. The dbag working there said he could only sell 2. Lol ya ok.

Wow. Calm down. All that and some weird spoiler over a small typo and "it's not big deal"? Thanks for your thoughts, forum police. Now we all know who has a stick up his ass.

*Triggered(or when the person said "guy"....Not sure which.

It seems like they only price those controllers at $15, or $60. One store at $60 had a ton of them still. Wish we could figure out a pattern.

C8WTc6wUAAAfUE5.jpg

(I don't know if I can post images from Twitter... I guess we're about to find out!)

Here's the bounty I just grabbed from the local Wal-Mart. I went in for the UBoost, expecting it would be $10. Turned out they chopped the price down to $2.50! Since I saved some money I decided to pick up a few other clearance items, including a PS3 gun accessory and a Wario figurine. Gee, for someone who swore he'd never get into Amiibo collecting, I sure have a lot of them!

Max they can sell my ass. Unless it was a manager (store manager that is), there is no limit to quantity items at Walmart especially on Clearance items. Don't let these people try to stop you from buying more.
"Don't let these people try to stop you from buying more."

They can refuse to sell you any. You don't have a guaranteed right to buy any of their product.

*Triggered(or when the person said "guy"....Not sure which.

It seems like they only price those controllers at $15, or $60. One store at $60 had a ton of them still. Wish we could figure out a pattern.
Same here. Went into a store that had about 20 of them, but they were $60.

PSA - Be on the lookout for various PC games on clearance:

$7 - PvZ:GW2 (Origins) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45702417

>=$1 - Agatha Christie:  The ABC Murders (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52037873 (Not sure on this one)

>=$1 - World of Simulators:  Platinum Pro Pack (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54987968

>=$1 - Farming Simulator 15 (DVD) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37789138

$7 - PvZ:GW2 (Origins) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45702417

>=$1 - Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52037873 (Not sure on this one)

>=$1 - World of Simulators: Platinum Pro Pack (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54987968

>=$1 - Farming Simulator 15 (DVD) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37789138
You forgot APB Reloaded for $19

$7 - PvZ:GW2 (Origins) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45702417

>=$1 - Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52037873 (Not sure on this one)

>=$1 - World of Simulators: Platinum Pro Pack (Steam) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54987968

>=$1 - Farming Simulator 15 (DVD) --> http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37789138
Agatha Christie is $10, World of Sims and Farming Sim 15 are $5.

I hate my local store.

You forgot APB Reloaded for $19
I only mentioned the ones that I got (and GW2). There is so much crap to sift through at one of my Walmarts.

Agatha Christie is $10, World of Sims and Farming Sim 15 are $5.

I hate my local store.
The beauty of the Steam games is you don't need to go to a Walmart to get them at that price, you just need to know someone that has found it at that price. ;)

Anyone know the difference between the Walmart Exclusive with sku 47376063 and the regular Special Forces one with sku 38690829?
The Walmart version is $59.96 everywhere and oos at the $15 stores. The regular version is coming up available as $49.96, $25 and $20 but show up regular price $59.96 on the other one.

Neither has to sell you anything.
Small fact, most stores have an extended policy that is usually a giant booklet filled with additional rules. Walmarts book is about 500 pages of these rules. One of them is a store employee can not refuse the sale of a product and must get a store manager in order to solve any issues. Only a store manager can deny that sale. Now a store employee can deny the sale of an item if in the weekly ad if it shows an item has a purchase quantity limit.

So I know you think any employee can deny a sale legally thru state laws but a store has its own rules that they set limits for themselves. This is one of them. So yeah, don't allow some random employee at Walmart to limit you on quantities. Get a store manager or department manager to solve any quantity limit problems.

Small fact, most stores have an extended policy that is usually a giant booklet filled with additional rules. Walmarts book is about 500 pages of these rules. One of them is a store employee can not refuse the sale of a product and must get a store manager in order to solve any issues. Only a store manager can deny that sale. Now a store employee can deny the sale of an item if in the weekly ad if it shows an item has a purchase quantity limit.

So I know you think any employee can deny a sale legally thru state laws but a store has its own rules that they set limits for themselves. This is one of them. So yeah, don't allow some random employee at Walmart to limit you on quantities. Get a store manager or department manager to solve any quantity limit problems.
You sound like the type of person I would ban from my store.

You sound like the type of person I would ban from my store.
And yet here I am. Weird how that works. Just so you know, I'm very polite when I go to a store with intentions on buying anything. If I'm ever denied anything beyond their policies, I simply say thank you to whoever denied me and go to a store / department manager who is more than happy to sell me $1k worth of merchandise.

Funny, I help out a lot in his thread with this information (seeing as I'm the OP) yet still be people like you who don't know anything about a store other than what your entitled mind makes up to get by. Believe what you want and if you want them o deny you, let them.

And yet here I am. Weird how that works. Just so you know, I'm very polite when I go to a store with intentions on buying anything. If I'm ever denied anything beyond their policies, I simply say thank you to whoever denied me and go to a store / department manager who is more than happy to sell me $1k worth of merchandise.

Funny, I help out a lot in his thread with this information (seeing as I'm the OP) yet still be people like you who don't know anything about a store other than what your entitled mind makes up to get by. Believe what you want and if you want them o deny you, let them.

Just wanting to drop my appreciation for the things you do. Have a good day!

I believe that guy is going through a power trip. Whatever makes him feel better for working a retail job.

Anyways, thanks for helping out the CAG community.

There's some hardcore virtue-signaling going on right now. Nobody fucking cares, ThatOneGuyWho. Help out this thread by posting clearance deals instead of getting in childish "I'm right you're wrong I'm more valuable I know how everything works" arguments with people.

There's some hardcore virtue-signaling going on right now. Nobody fucking cares, ThatOneGuyWho. Help out this thread by posting clearance deals instead of getting in childish "I'm right you're wrong I'm more valuable I know how everything works" arguments with people.
Triggered?

Wait, the person that wants to tell a business what they can and can't do with THEIR inventory is calling me entitled?

Irony at its finest.

Look, I only provide information that I know is correct. If you don't want the information you can leave the thread or ignore that info.

Now if we can get back to the YMMV deals. To help here are some latest gaming deals. No links since they're too many post.

• Amiibos are all on clearance other than Zelda: BotW sets. Lowest I've found was $1 for Smash series.
  • Wii and Wii U accessories are on clearance nationwide. Wii Motes (character editions) lowest price found was $5. Stores are clearing stock but grab them at $10 and return / rebuy when the prices drop again.
  • Limited Edition PS4 controllers have dropped to $20 and have stayed so for about 2 months now. Very hard to find these but stores should have them in a box in their stock room. Each box holds 6 controllers each so if a store has 6 or multiples of 6 showing on count, they likely have it in a box.
  • Wii U games are on clearance but prices are dropping slowly. Not going to say which games (I know, do your own research for this) but some older rarer games have dropped. Its worth scanning Wii U titles when you're out.
  • If your store has old PSP and PS3 systems (not the Super Slim systems), you need to check the price. I found some PSP GO and PS3 GTA5 Bundles for $75 / $120. Stores are finding these systems in their backroom and placing them on the store floor on clearance since most of them are deleted items. Its wroth buying at their base clearance price and R/R but be quick as they will delete it again from their system when they sell out. Oh and this goes for original PS4 and Xbox One bundles. Lowest I've seen for those are $125 - $175.
Hope this helps some of you.

Blade has a bit of trouble with people on CAG. I've seen him on other threads doing this same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back