Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a solid Clearance over the summer when they reconfigured the Electronics department, but nothing of note gaming wise (aside from a few Lego Dimensions packs).

I honestly didn't figure Iola of all places was within driving range for any CAGers, at least factoring in drive time and mileage. I tend to think of rural SE KS as a podunk island nobody comes to.
I'm currently in Wichita but lived in a small town not too far from Iola for many years. Most of the Marts around here suck for clearance so I usually have to take a drive to find the good stuff.

I agree that most places in KS that aren't Wichita or KC are pretty well boring open grass land. But I do enjoy driving through the Flint Hills from time to time.

I'm not actually sure the breakdown on fees for flipping on Amazon, but I know of people that literally make their living flipping clearance buys from various stores on there.
What, people can't possibly make a living flipping games. Who would even do such a thing as buying low and selling high. /s

What, people can't possibly make a living flipping games. Who would even do such a thing as buying low and selling high. /s
These people flip EVERYTHING - full time retail arbitrage through Amazon FBA or FBM. They haul trailers across states hitting up Big Lots, Walmart stores, etc. I can't think of a much more miserable experience.

These people flip EVERYTHING - full time retail arbitrage through Amazon FBA or FBM. They haul trailers across states hitting up Big Lots, Walmart stores, etc. I can't think of a much more miserable experience.
Right, what a life to live making money, being your own boss, and traveling. Disgusting. /s

This HP Pavillion Power PC with a lower end GTX 1060 recently dropped to $400 near me. I'll probably wait till it's $300 before buying it.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10955203-hp-pavilion-power-580-023w-gaming-tower-intel-core-i5-7400-nvidia-gtx-1060-3gb-graphics-8-gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-windows-10-499?v=1
I was temped to buy it on BF, but the specs were low for me. If it drops to $300, it would be hard to resist. You probably saw it already, but here are the specs. I would definitely upgrade the PSU and memory.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-series/16425610/model/17345625/document/c05638874

Right, what a life to live making money, being your own boss, and traveling. Disgusting. /s
I meant the going to every Big Lots and Walmart in creation. If the goal of entrepreneurship is to cease trading time for money, I'm not sure that qualifies in my book. Though I'm sure some only travel certain months out of the year, stock up, and then live off the proceeds the other months.

Look at me, I brag about my haul, tell people im selling all/ a bunch of the games, and then ask for suggestions on where to sell them.

GTFO

I was temped to buy it on BF, but the specs were low for me. If it drops to $300, it would be hard to resist. You probably saw it already, but here are the specs. I would definitely upgrade the PSU and memory.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-series/16425610/model/17345625/document/c05638874
I almost bought it for $400, went OOS as I was adding it to cart a few days ago. It's $500 everywhere else in Indiana sadly.

From what I've seen on other forums, not much can be upgraded because it's small.

They had a solid Clearance over the summer when they reconfigured the Electronics department, but nothing of note gaming wise (aside from a few Lego Dimensions packs).

I honestly didn't figure Iola of all places was within driving range for any CAGers, at least factoring in drive time and mileage. I tend to think of rural SE KS as a podunk island nobody comes to.
It is but there are more Wichita and KC people than you would think on here. Plus there are some people in Hutch and a few other places.

I meant the going to every Big Lots and Walmart in creation. If the goal of entrepreneurship is to cease trading time for money, I'm not sure that qualifies in my book. Though I'm sure some only travel certain months out of the year, stock up, and then live off the proceeds the other months.
Yeah, being a "professional flipper" is actually pretty wrong. Sure, you can do it while working an actual job to pad income, but you might as well run a pawn shop if you consider it your main profession. It doesn't contribute to society, just greedy people hoarding deals and reselling at a markup to take advantage of other consumers.

Yeah, being a "professional flipper" is actually pretty wrong. Sure, you can do it while working an actual job to pad income, but you might as well run a pawn shop if you consider it your main profession. It doesn't contribute to society, just greedy people hoarding deals and reselling at a markup to take advantage of other consumers.
Retail Arb folks, particularly on Amazon, are usually selling at ~MSRP or less, as the battle for the Buy Box can be pretty cut-throat. In the end they are selling for what the average mom and pop store would sell it for. It's a volume driven business, hence the endless trips to stores, which is why I would get pretty sick of it rather quickly. With the brand restrictions kicking in on Amazon, it's becoming a dying business model unless some other site rises up with the same traffic levels as Amazon.

And yes I realize you were trolling me, but I do find the RA world pretty fascinating. I'm in a group with a guy who rakes in thousands every November-December flipping Black Friday deals on Amazon. You get enough volume and even selling Nest thermostats at MSRP can bring in some big bucks.

*PREFACE* I'm an idiot and for the life of me can't get pics to upload - I get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." regardless of which host I use and if I use JPEG or PNG. If anyone wants to assist, I would be grateful.

So this morning I ran into the Walmart closest to my office to grab a phone case for one of our new hires. Outside of electronics I saw brown two plastic bins that are supposed to look like apple carts (I'm assuming from produce??), only they had games in them. In one, all the games had $5 tags, and in the other, $10 tags.

I grabbed a few out of the bins, and the lady working electronics told me that they had six more boxes of games in the back they were told to clearance out, some going back to 2012. "Sounds like I'm coming back after I'm off work." I said. "I would if I were you." she replied. When I got there after work around 4:00, I saw she wasn't kidding...

Here is my final haul (well, for today):

$10:
Nioh PS4
The Last Guardian PS4
Sonic Forces PS4
Fallout 4 GOTY PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Christmas gift for a friend) Wii U
Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link Amiibo Wii U
Minecraft Season 2 XB1
Forza Horizon 2 XB 360
NBA 2K17 XB 360
WWE 2K17 XB 360
Fable Anniversary XB1/360 (Got this for myself)
Tri-Force Heroes 3DS (Likely returning these - unsure I will get decent ROI)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Possibly returning these - already own it, and unsure on ROI)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS
Madden 17 PS3
WWE 2K17 PS3

$5:
Mario Sports Superstars 3DS (Still flips for $15.60 at Gamestop)
Disney Magic World 3DS (Reviews looked good, grabbed it for my 5 year old)
Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 XB1 (Grabbed for my cousin's son)

Likely returning Tri-Force Heroes and Animal Crossing for Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 tomorrow (and probably a copy of Quantum Break for myself).

Now to figure out the optimal way to flip them...I'm an Amazon seller, but I've never flipped anything on there before, plus I'd like to sell as much as a I can pre-Christmas and not play roulette with the Buy Box on Amazon. eBay fees are annoying, but that seems like the best option...any suggestions?
Thanks for this! My local store is showing Majoras Mask, Lego Worlds (Switch), Street Fighter(Switch), Hey Pikman and several others for $5, but I couldn't find any.

I did walk out with Resident Evil 7 (XB1), The Witcher 3 (XB1), Ratchet and Clank (PS4), Mariosport Superstars for $5 each.

Thanks for this! My local store is showing Majoras Mask, Lego Worlds (Switch), Street Fighter(Switch), Hey Pikman and several others for $5, but I couldn't find any.

I did walk out with Resident Evil 7 (XB1), The Witcher 3 (XB1), Ratchet and Clank (PS4), Mariosport Superstars for $5 each.
I've only seen Switch games on clearance at one Wally World in a 70 mile radius, but they remain between $30-35, and it's stuff like Street Fighter.

I went to a store that was two stories and that was further out from me and they had dozens of games behind the counter in large drawers. Was able to get the last copy of Alien Isolation: Nostromo Edition on ps4 for $14.88 and that's the absolute lowest I've seen it go in stores in SoCal.

https://imgur.com/a/pS3zC

Went to a Wal Mart a little out the ways from the ones near me and got Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse for $15. They also had Bulletstorm for the XBox One for $5, Dragon Quest Heroes II for $17 and on the Switch side I saw Binding of Issac and Sine Mora for $20 each.

No luck with Fallout 4 GOTY, MM, ROTTR or Nioh for me.  None of the stores had Nioh and none had any of those games for $10.  Cheapest I found was standard ROTTR for $20.

Does buying at one store and returning and rebuying at a clearance store work for Wal-Mart?

Yes, and far better than Target in my experience.
Caveat Emptor - Doing this means you leave the item in the wild at the store where it is cheaper, so make sure you go back the next day to look for it. I've missed out on a few items because of this. :)

Does buying at one store and returning and rebuying at a clearance store work for Wal-Mart?
I've had success with this at Wal-Mart before. Just say you want to change payment methods and generally they give you the better price. This hasn't worked at the Targets I've tried it at recently though.

The Witcher 3 $5
d0fd7e2f7dbef726d743adb7f5bb0ecb.jpg

a959e7b2b1abbd1916166f7ab0a4c241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and far better than Target in my experience.
Funnily enough, I've had the exact opposite experience: anytime I've tried to return/rebuy at a Wal-Mart, I've been given nothing but grief from the customer service reps for wanting to get a game or item at the cheaper price (even if I'm well within the return timeframe), but Target guest services makes it a painless process every single time for me. Maybe it's just those individual stores we're talking about...

They also had Portal Knight for Xbox One for $8 and $14.98 for PS4

I almost bought it for $400, went OOS as I was adding it to cart a few days ago. It's $500 everywhere else in Indiana sadly.

From what I've seen on other forums, not much can be upgraded because it's small.
I kept checking the price on BS through out the day and now 4 of the stores around me dropped it to $399. Check BS and see if your stores might have also dropped their prices.

I kept checking the price on BS through out the day and now 4 of the stores around me dropped it to $399. Check BS and see if your stores might have also dropped their prices.
There's some stores a hour away from me that dropped in price today. Hoping more stores locally will drop within the next few days.

There's some stores a hour away from me that dropped in price today. Hoping more stores locally will drop within the next few days.
I guess you are going to buy it at $399 instead of at $300? I noticed the stores that have it at $399 are selling out fast.

Finally found a walmart near me that actually clearances things.

They had a few good games for 7~ dollars, shockingly they had 2 Yoshi Woolly world's for Wii U for 7 with amiibo.

Grabbed both, one for a gift and one to stare at on a shelf.

Definitely a good price for it if they have it marked like that in your area.

I know its $11.99 at the PS Store but I’m a collector.

Anyway Portal Knights PS4 $14.98 and Xbox One version for $8.08 at my local Walmart

4fc33428929201289d2a4d1f6219e338.jpg

Went to 2 different Walmart’s and each had a bunch of SNES classics if anyone’s still looking for one.

As far as clearance/deals go, pfffft horrible.

Some $30 gems:

NHL 17
Homefront Revolution
Dead Rising 3
Battlefront

Damn, I would kill for $5 MM. I nearly got it from the BOGO 50 deal at BB because it never seems to go down in price ever. I hope it gets a greatest hits release someday...

They had a few good games for 7~ dollars, shockingly they had 2 Yoshi Woolly world's for Wii U for 7 with amiibo.

Damn I was checking Yoshi for a while a few months back, I've never seen it under $30 I think and thought that was a good price. I can't seem to get the 3ds or wiiu version for cheap. I only got the pink amiibo when it was on sale lol.

I ended up buying the HP Power desktop for $400 last night. 

Glad I didn't open it.... got another one today for $200!!!!!!!! ($242 with 3 year warranty)

According to Slickdeals, very few Walmarts have dropped it this low. Most stores are $400 now.

QC03i0x.jpg

If a Walmart with the $300 HP PC is "Limited Stock" but showing as 0 quantity, is it worth checking?

Also is return/rebuy an option if I buy at $400 and return and rebuy at the $300 store?

Got a wired Switch controller for $10, down from $30.

OK5qpLl.jpg

And a Nintendo loot box, also down from $30.

AbtGttt.jpg

Glad I didn't open it.... got another one today for $200!!!!!!!! ($242 with 3 year warranty)

According to Slickdeals, very few Walmarts have dropped it this low. Most stores are $400 now.

QC03i0x.jpg
You got a SKU or Brickseek link to that?

The Witcher 3 $5
d0fd7e2f7dbef726d743adb7f5bb0ecb.jpg

a959e7b2b1abbd1916166f7ab0a4c241.jpg

lol should've blacked out the store 03277 detail too! anyone can look up store 03277's location XD

LOL @ 1 to just stare at on a shelf

If a Walmart with the $300 HP PC is "Limited Stock" but showing as 0 quantity, is it worth checking?

Also is return/rebuy an option if I buy at $400 and return and rebuy at the $300 store?
I think that means it could be a display model, or an opened return, not sure when it comes to electronics..had it been Limited Stock for another department item, it usually means there's 1 left, but it's misplaced and in the wrong aisle or something.

QC03i0x.jpg
if only things dropped here like elsewhere :( I want this PC, Zelda MM, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Portal Knights ...yet they refuse to drop lol

So, I went to pick up my $5 games today, and my store priced their cod camo ps4s, infinite warfare PS4s, and some xb1 bundles for $125 each. Also some Minecraft xb1 bundles for $99. My car is full now...

bread's done
Back