Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread makes me hate my local walmart more with every passing day. I was super excited to see some amiibo in the clearance area yesterday... Apparently marking them down to $12.94 instead of $12.99 counts as clearence... There where some PS2 Aerosmith games right next to the amiibo for $29.

I'm enjoying the HP PC so far. I'm able to play Cities Skylines in max settings and Planet Coaster in high settings. The best I can do with Forza 7 is medium settings, I'll have to upgrade the RAM if I want better performance.

I got the HP PC last week and I have a pickup for the HP laptop bundle today. Cant resist these good clearance prices.

I went to Walmart earlier and I noticed some other guys obviously looking for that HP gaming desktop (brickseek said 2) like I was, but they got to the clerk first. He was having none of it, and shut them down hard. I had been watching it since $399 so I was kinda bummed, but it was entertaining. Luckily I did find a copy of New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360 for $1, and tales from the Borderland for Xbox One for $5 so it wasn't a complete waste.

Fallout NV UE
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=19613290
What do you mean by "He was having none of that and shut them down hard."?

It's one thing to deny a penny item that is not intended to be sold, but this seems like a reasonable markdown progression for some stores. Some of these managers (not just at Walmart) care way more about the store than the store cares about them.

I went to Walmart earlier and I noticed some other guys obviously looking for that HP gaming desktop (brickseek said 2) like I was, but they got to the clerk first. He was having none of it, and shut them down hard. I had been watching it since $399 so I was kinda bummed, but it was entertaining. Luckily I did find a copy of New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360 for $1, and tales from the Borderland for Xbox One for $5 so it wasn't a complete waste.

Fallout NV UE
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=19613290
That also happened to me, so I waited for another employee to walk by, to ask them instead. Some people had to get a manager just to get one because employees were hiding them, to sell on the side. Ebay is littered with these computers right now. BS is very accurate with their numbers.

Shit, I needed a desktop for next semester at school and this will serve both my needs for the mean time. Thanks for the post. Going to head tomorrow to buy one. I'll make sure there's some left for the other homie cags in my area!
I bought one of these for $399 a couple of weeks ago. If you can find one even at full price, if you use Discover card to pay and find a store that even has limited stock online at the lower price. You can file a price protection claim with them. I had a screen shot of a store that had it for $200 just got approved today. They will be sending me a check for $199. Just make sure you have a screen shot with the date included, it must be after you bought it.Good luck

I bought one of these for $399 a couple of weeks ago. If you can find one even at full price, if you use Discover card to pay and find a store that even has limited stock online at the lower price. You can file a price protection claim with them. I had a screen shot of a store that had it for $200 just got approved today. They will be sending me a check for $199. Just make sure you have a screen shot with the date included, it must be after you bought it.Good luck
lol, thanks for the heads up. I'm a broke college kid with no credit card. Maybe when I get off work and it still shows limited stock, I'll def stop by. Didn't want to spend $250, but really going to need one for Uni.

lol, thanks for the heads up. I'm a broke college kid with no credit card. Maybe when I get off work and it still shows limited stock, I'll def stop by. Didn't want to spend $250, but really going to need one for Uni.
Limited stock usually means there are no more. That was for price match. If walmart website for a store shows limited stock at a lower price you would screen shot the walmart page. Sorry for the confusion.

Is limited stock but quantity 0 worth checking out?
Before I went to the store BS said there was 2 in stock. When I got home from purchasing one and checked it said 0 limited qty., but there was still one in stock when I left the store. There is still a chance that 1 is still in stock, when it says limited qty, but you got to risk it for the biscuit (as the kids say).

Before I went to the store BS said there was 2 in stock. When I got home from purchasing one and checked it said 0 limited qty., but there was still one in stock when I left the store. There is still a chance that 1 is still in stock, when it says limited qty, but you got to risk it for the biscuit (as the kids say).
Go straight for the electronics manager. The employees at my store are idiots or lazy or want it for themselves. The manager here is cool, he always checks for me. He knows I'm there for the deals. I went there a while back for the HP Omen laptop deal. It was $500, he checked said all they had was display model and said he'd give me 30% off. Do you want it? For $350 hell yeah.

The HPs are supposedly stolen at my store for a few weeks now. Showing 2 in stock on bs. Would they normally stay in stock if they've been stolen? We'll see I guess.

What do you mean by "He was having none of that and shut them down hard."?

It's one thing to deny a penny item that is not intended to be sold, but this seems like a reasonable markdown progression for some stores. Some of these managers (not just at Walmart) care way more about the store than the store cares about them.
He said they were the 4th people to ask that day, no they weren't in the back, no they aren't getting more. He said "No, they are sold online only by some company. We don't have any here," like 4 times to these guys verbatim. They still show 2 so I'm guessing there will be more asking today.

The HPs are supposedly stolen at my store for a few weeks now. Showing 2 in stock on bs. Would they normally stay in stock if they've been stolen? We'll see I guess.
Their inventory would probably reflect that, and it's probably hard to steal a full computer tower box without being an employee.

I went to pick up the HP pc. Brickseek showed $249 but the kept trying to charge me 399
Same here, but my store is still ringing up at full price. Guess I'll have to keep checking until the price updates in their system. Is there anyway to get the stroe to update the price faster?

Holy shit thanks for the heads up on the laptop! Only one store showed limited stock within 100 miles of me and I happened to be driving by it when this was posted. Figured what the hell and they actually happened to have one left at $199! Apparently I beat out several other CAGs who had called and said they were on their way for it a few minutes earlier. Sorry dudes! :p

Checked out the only store in the area that showed inventory for the desktop, brickseek said there were two.

Didn't see anything out on the floor but an associate asked if he could help me find something. I asked if he could check a sku, to which I showed a screenshot of the .com listing. He said, "oh, the 580? We have two of them in the back." My heart jumped. "Some guy called last night and put them on hold." ARGH. 

Of course, any time I've asked for something to be put on hold I get shot down.

Checked out the only store in the area that showed inventory for the desktop, brickseek said there were two.
Didn't see anything out on the floor but an associate asked if he could help me find something. I asked if he could check a sku, to which I showed a screenshot of the .com listing. He said, "oh, the 580? We have two of them in the back." My heart jumped. "Some guy called last night and put them on hold." ARGH.
Of course, any time I've asked for something to be put on hold I get shot down.
I'm not sure you're even allowed to put things on hold. The most I've ever been offered is a half hour to get there or it's first come first serve. You should argue for that deal!

Went to grab the laptop deal today and got there after some person JUST bought 9 of them. Checked 4 other stores and no stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check the website of the store you're trying to buy it at. If it shows 249 show them that their website shows the price. Or buy with Discover card and find a store that is charging 249 and file for price protection from them.

I'm not sure you're even allowed to put things on hold. The most I've ever been offered is a half hour to get there or it's first come first serve. You should argue for that deal!
I'm 99% sure now that the person they were on hold for was the associate. He said to call back at 5 because that's all they were to be held for. I just called, asked for electronics, and then asked for the person I spoke to earlier by name. The person I was speaking to on the phone sounded exactly like the guy from earlier, but said the person I was looking for wasn't there. Let's just say dude had a fairly distinctive voice. I said I was there earlier looking for a couple of computers and was told to check back to see if they were picked up. Person said, "oh, the gaming computers? We only have one and it's on hold. " I'm like, ok, the person earlier said there were two but they were on hold for one person. "Oh, uh, actually they were on hold for two different people, and one of them picked up." So then I'm like, ok, well it's 5 o'clock now, the hold should come off right, so I can come and get it? I'll be there in 20 minutes. "Um, no, this one is on hold for longer..."

At that point I just hung up. Could I go and put up a fight? Yeah, probably. But I don't care that much about it. He probably needs it or the money from reselling it more than I do, so whatevs.

But what I don't get is why didn't he just say "sorry, sometimes the inventory tracker is wrong. We don't have any." when I originally went there.

I went to pick up the HP pc. Brickseek showed $249 but the kept trying to charge me 399

Same here, but my store is still ringing up at full price. Guess I'll have to keep checking until the price updates in their system. Is there anyway to get the stroe to update the price faster?
Check the website of the store you're trying to buy it at. If it shows 249 show them that their website shows the price. Or buy with Discover card and find a store that is charging 249 and file for price protection from them.

Thanks...that was the first thing I did, but the website still list the full price $559. No Discover here b/c I don't need another cc. If I get it, great...if not, ohh well.

I got one of the $199 HP laptops!!
They had none out, so I asked an associate and she said she'd go check the upc closet.
She came back with another associate with 3 in hand. I got a blue one lol
She then told me that all those laptops out on the floor had been bought yesterday by some old lady. Plus she had bought all 6 of the $250 Desktops at that store. I got lucky. Freaking scalpin' grannies haha

Scored one of the laptops for $50! Couldn't believe it! Thanks for posting the deal.
Gonna need to see a receipt so I can get pissed off haha. Also why the hell are people buying 9 laptops? Is resale value on these things that good or what?

Gonna need to see a receipt so I can get pissed off haha. Also why the hell are people buying 9 laptops? Is resale value on these things that good or what?
No idea on how they are selling but you can find the pc and the laptop bundle on eBay for outrageous prices. People are ridiculous.

Holy shit thanks for the heads up on the laptop! Only one store showed limited stock within 100 miles of me and I happened to be driving by it when this was posted. Figured what the hell and they actually happened to have one left at $199! Apparently I beat out several other CAGs who had called and said they were on their way for it a few minutes earlier. Sorry dudes! :p
If you're talking about the one with the mouse and backpack, let me know how well it works, so I can decide how much I should regret not buying one for myself.

If you're talking about the one with the mouse and backpack, let me know how well it works, so I can decide how much I should regret not buying one for myself.
I imagine it works alright for a $200 laptop. Not top of the line or anything but better than my current broken one haha

I need to do more research before opening it. All I really need is the ability to have 20 tabs open at the same time and graphics that can handle 90s isometric rpgs.
I picked one up, too. It looks like the processor is a beast, just below current i7 benchmarks. For $200, I'd call that a bargain.

Some of the HP streams are on clearance for $99.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/
I got my wife this laptop last year for $189 and it's good for school work and youtube, which is all she needed. I still have the previous version (N2840/2gb) in 11.8" and I love it. I will say, between the two, I prefer mine because they are all plastic and my smaller one feels more dense/solid while her larger one feels more fragile.

bread's done
Back