Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If you change payment methods on a return and rebuy, will the computer auto adjust the price down to what is listed on brickseek?
I’m trying to understand if it’s the computer that makes a return and rebuy a challenge, or if there’s something the employee would need to do to make it show up at the lower clearance price (similar to the way a Target clearance item used to have to be rescanned and tagged before it would come up at the lower clearance price).

When I found the $3 flash drives they were on the peg with the other flash drives of the same size and same brand. The 3 dollar ones are an older model, packaging is different

I expected nothing and was still disappointed.
What Flash drive is this referring to? I looked back a few pages and also searched the term "flash drive" and "drive" and saw no mention of these.

Lol i would have left fuming what did yoy try to rebuy? How much did she raise the price lol?
It was the LG 4k player. Bought at store 1 for $79. Store 2 had it for $25. She raised the price to $59. I didn't want it that bad but for $25, sure. Anyways, F her, I left it there. I was fuming for sure. Not because I didn't get the deal...but just because that was the dumbest thing I've had happen to me at Wal-Mart.

It was the LG 4k player. Bought at store 1 for $79. Store 2 had it for $25. She raised the price to $59. I didn't want it that bad but for $25, sure. Anyways, F her, I left it there. I was fuming for sure. Not because I didn't get the deal...but just because that was the dumbest thing I've had happen to me at Wal-Mart.
That does suck. I did one of the return/rebuy for the Razer sets, bought for $49, returned to another and told them it rang up $30 there, asked if I could do a return rebuy, they said yep, scanned them both in, handed me a 20 and I was on my way.

woo walmart near me is still clearancing, the clearance games used to be in the clearance section but some appeared a week or two later in the far right game cases. got the surge for 15 and portal knights for 7. they also had guardians for 10

What Flash drive is this referring to? I looked back a few pages and also searched the term "flash drive" and "drive" and saw no mention of these.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17804967

The nearest store told me they didn't have it but I went back the next day looking for a couple other things and the same lady who told me they didn't have it found it in the back and asked if I still wanted it. So odds are they have it somewhere in the back and not on the floor since its USB 2.0 not 3.0.

They look like this:

[attachment=29282:20180114_220924.jpg]

The nearest store told me they didn't have it but I went back the next day looking for a couple other things and the same lady who told me they didn't have it found it in the back and asked if I still wanted it. So odds are they have it somewhere in the back and not on the floor since its USB 2.0 not 3.0.

They look like this:

attachicon.gif
20180114_220924.jpg
Every damn time I asked employees if they have them in the back, they say no. Like, are they allergic to looking in the back? Nobody wants to look for anything it seems. It's like, if it's not there where they can see it, then it doesn't exist.

Every damn time I asked employees if they have them in the back, they say no. Like, are they allergic to looking in the back? Nobody wants to look for anything it seems. It's like, if it's not there where they can see it, then it doesn't exist.
That’s what happens every time at my local Walmart. I’ll have brickseek up, show them they should have it in the back. Plenty of stock. Twenty minutes later (prob take a break) they come back saying they don’t have any in stock. It’s every single time.

Then I get pissed when people post about walmart employees finding a crap ton of what they are looking for haha.

walmart employees are lazy. dont get paid enough to give a crap. target employees are about the same too but they slightly better
Hate this argument. Most Walmart employees get $10/hour starting which is more than most of the countries wage rate. Target minimum wage is $11 but it just raised to $11 last year for them. It's the mentality of the company, not the pay which is more than generous for Walmart employees.

Walmart stores, in general, look like a disaster. Do you guys think the back stock room is any better?
Seeing as customers who rummage thru items aren't allowed back there, items are usually left on pallets that don't get moved until they reach the sales floor and different staff members who are tasked with keeping it organized and nothing else... I'd say yes, it is better organized in all Walmart backrooms compared to the sales floor.

After calling around I found some of the hp desktops in stock at a store for $499.

When I picked them up the electronics manager rang me out. She tried to get me to buy all 3 instead of just 2. She used the argument that I could just return/rebuy then at a different store for the discounted price.

Not all Walmart are full of unintelligent, unhelpful rude employees. Some of them know what's up and are still helpful to customers.

They look like this:

20180114_220924.jpg
Thanks! My store had a bunch but they were hung vertically in one of those plastic strips on two different isles, there didn't really seem to be an isle dedicated to computer storage like my other walmart (which didn't have any of these drives). I got 3.

After calling around I found some of the hp desktops in stock at a store for $499.

When I picked them up the electronics manager rang me out. She tried to get me to buy all 3 instead of just 2. She used the argument that I could just return/rebuy then at a different store for the discounted price.

Not all Walmart are full of unintelligent, unhelpful rude employees. Some of them know what's up and are still helpful to customers.

Yeah, no. She was helping herself, not you. She could've sold them to you at the clearance price then and there.

This way, her store is getting the sale for the full amount, and the other store is getting hit with the loss from the price difference. Meanwhile, you have to lug then around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Says my closest had the headphones for $38 but all gone. I know there's some gamers who work in electronics there now though so I may have a hard time with stuff going forward. One is an ***hat who told me "sorry the inventory said the SNES's were in stock, I know they're not I just bought the last two".
The bar none best solution to this at Walmart is to give corporate a call, tell them an associate at that store held merchandise back for themselves. Management will get an email that day and it will be dealt with. Corporate does not mess around with that, same if an associate is holding merchandise for themselves or even another customer.

Today was probably my best haul. I got there as they started marking things down, so I picked out everything I wanted and they knocked it half off. Sooo many good 3DS games for $10 and a lot of 2-4 dollar games that flip for $10+ at GS.

Hate this argument. Most Walmart employees get $10/hour starting which is more than most of the countries wage rate. Target minimum wage is $11 but it just raised to $11 last year for them. It's the mentality of the company, not the pay which is more than generous for Walmart employees.
One of the dumbest, elitest things I've ever read here. Any working person shouldn't have to get some sort of public assistance in order to get by. Yet plenty of retail workers do. And before someone jumps in with "well then get a better job lol retail" be prepared to back your claim up with the amount of jobs that pay a livable wage that are hiring.

No one is working fast food/retail because that's what they want to do with their lives. I've plenty of degree holding friends that can't find work.

One of the dumbest, elitest things I've ever read here. Any working person shouldn't have to get some sort of public assistance in order to get by. Yet plenty of retail workers do. And before someone jumps in with "well then get a better job lol retail" be prepared to back your claim up with the amount of jobs that pay a livable wage that are hiring.
No one is working fast food/retail because that's what they want to do with their lives. I've plenty of degree holding friends that can't find work.
You read what you wanted to read. I never said they should be on assistance, I think most of those employees are paid too much considering they don't do their jobs half the time and can barely use a register despite working there for some time. Anyone who can do their job to the minimal of the job requirements should be paid a living wage based on where they live.

If you change payment methods on a return and rebuy, will the computer auto adjust the price down to what is listed on brickseek?
I’m trying to understand if it’s the computer that makes a return and rebuy a challenge, or if there’s something the employee would need to do to make it show up at the lower clearance price (similar to the way a Target clearance item used to have to be rescanned and tagged before it would come up at the lower clearance price).
Its really just a matter of getting the employee to agree to do the return and rebuy. Sounds like some people have bad luck getting shot down by the employees. Whatever the price is on brickseek is usually accurate with walmarts system which will auto adjust. I just did a return rebuy on the 40in samsung

Walmart stores, in general, look like a disaster. Do you guys think the back stock room is any better?
Almost without fail, the video games/electronics section at WM's I go to has no employees in sight. I have to walk halfway around the store to find someone to ask and they usually say, "just ask someone in electronics" and I have to tell them, there's NO ONE in electronics. They act like I'm asking for their life savings when I ask for assistance finding something.

Was finally able to pick up a 128gb micro sd card for $25

It has to be the one in the white packaging. The other are $50.

You can scan it with the walmart app to make sure it's $25.

Here's the brickseek

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=44875081

JVmfOw6b.jpg
Was down to $15 at a store near me, but they're all sold out. Thanks for the heads up though.

Also, I vouched for Walmart YMMV deals in another thread at the same time as the Great Yankee Candle Clearance and now it's a running joke that these deals suck. We need more non-soccer mom deals to redeem this thread.

Holy **** there were some great deals at the one im Grandville MI.

Fire Emblem Echoes for $25
Fallout 4 GOTY PS4 for $20 (grabbed the last one)
Nioh for $20
Final fantasy 12 for $20
Doom PS4 for $10
Last Guardian $20
Everybody’s Golf PS4 for $10
White Orange New 2ds for $120
Gears Ultimate for $10
Bio shock collection Xbox 1 for $10
Diablo 3 Ultimate Xbox 1 for $15

Christ. I've been waiting for my local Walmart to mark down Quantum Break to something more manageable (it's still $40, the damn game has been in the clearance bin for a month)... I checked again last weekend when I went there on some errands and someone opened the damn thing and stole the code.

ARGH.

And yes I know the thing's been cheap on Humble, I want the extras.

Have another day before I can pick up my tv and monitor from the store pickup location. Gonna be interesting since they both just dropped to clearance price according to brickseek. Hoping they'll adjust it when I pick up so I don't have to go through any return rebuy nonsense.

One fun thing, I went to a different Wal-Mart yesterday claiming to have the 49" tvs but didn't see them on the floor. Asked a manager who immediately said they had none, checked brickseek today and the quantity is 1 less than yesterday lol

Have another day before I can pick up my tv and monitor from the store pickup location. Gonna be interesting since they both just dropped to clearance price according to brickseek. Hoping they'll adjust it when I pick up so I don't have to go through any return rebuy nonsense.

One fun thing, I went to a different Wal-Mart yesterday claiming to have the 49" tvs but didn't see them on the floor. Asked a manager who immediately said they had none, checked brickseek today and the quantity is 1 less than yesterday lol
I would find a different manager

Does anyone have any experience with these headsets? They have a 3.3/5 star rating on Amazon.
I mentioned this in a reddit thread at r/ps4deals. They're shitty headphones but great headSETS. If you're looking for a set of headphones for listening to music or for great sound quality, look somewhere else. I bought a pair when they were $25 last year. Used them for like 30 minutes and returned them. They were that bad. The mic was fine, but the sound quality. Jesus Christ the sound quality was horrible. It was like I was using some old JVC headphones from the 80s. I own a pair of sennheiser professional headphones. The cheapest I could find at Amazon for around $30 and they've lasted me almost 3 years now and the sound quality is still FAR superior to these. With that in mind, I'd buy them for $10.

[attachment=29300:IMG_2526.JPG]

Picked up KH 2.8 PS4 for $15 today (beats the non-GCU BB sale price this week by $5). Bandicoot Trilogy reduced also. I found out about the KH price from Brickseek (I refresh a couple dozen titles a day) and sure enough, the price drop was right. According to Brickseek, this was the only Walmart in my area that had knocked down the price on KH that low so, as always, YMMV.

Christ. I've been waiting for my local Walmart to mark down Quantum Break to something more manageable (it's still $40, the damn game has been in the clearance bin for a month)... I checked again last weekend when I went there on some errands and someone opened the damn thing and stole the code.

ARGH.

And yes I know the thing's been cheap on Humble, I want the extras.
Are you trying to find it on pc or xbone?

attachicon.gif
IMG_2526.JPG

Picked up KH 2.8 PS4 for $15 today (beats the non-GCU BB sale price this week by $5). Bandicoot Trilogy reduced also. I found out about the KH price from Brickseek (I refresh a couple dozen titles a day) and sure enough, the price drop was right. According to Brickseek, this was the only Walmart in my area that had knocked down the price on KH that low so, as always, YMMV.
Were there anymore copies of KH ?

Thanks! My store had a bunch but they were hung vertically in one of those plastic strips on two different isles, there didn't really seem to be an isle dedicated to computer storage like my other walmart (which didn't have any of these drives). I got 3.
Just curious, where was the isle located? BS said they have 30 but it wasn’t at their dedicated storage isle. I was in a rush & didn’t see any workers so I didn’t get a chance to ask any workers.

I did see someone scan their phone on those in store scanners things, I guess they were trying to see if the items they wanted were there. I might do the same & look up the bar code online and scan in store.

I usually use these 2.0 storage for music and to fill up with vids & pics and give them to my clients that I shot vids & pics for.

Picked up Switch Disgaea 5 for $25, 3DS Shin Megami Apocalypse for $10, and PS4 Inside/ Limbo for $3  though it was marked $10.

They had a bunch of Wii U Nintendo Select titles for $10, but since everything is seemingly going to Switch I see no point in getting more Wii U. 

edit: Oh yeah, Doom VFR for $15.

Success! Picked up my tv and monitor and the online prices adjusted to the in store clearance prices. Can't seem to get anyone in that store to look for the 49" tvs they supposedly have but I guess I'll take what I can get and wait for something bigger to clearance out.

bread's done
Back