Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
to be more specific, you mean your Kmart has one Lil Caesars pizza because thats all they can afford

One of the Walmarts by me has an Auntie Anne's in it. Thought that was odd since I'd only seen those in malls before.

Can’t get 10 nuggets for $1.49 at TacoB or Pizza Hut though!

That promo ended at the end of 2017. Prices went up now.

Have we moved on to food deal talk now?

Still contemplating Eagle Flight for PSVR. It's $15 near me, would definitely grab it for $10 or less.

One of the Walmarts by me has an Auntie Anne's in it. Thought that was odd since I'd only seen those in malls before.
That's the only mini restaurant in my small town Walmart. I wonder if what's in the store is based on what is already available nearby since my town already has a Subway and McDonalds. It wouldn't make sense to also have them in the local Walmart too.

Also my walmart still has like 5 copies of some ps2 game in their "clearance" section, they've been there forever and they want $20+ for them..

That's the only mini restaurant in my small town Walmart. I wonder if what's in the store is based on what is already available nearby since my town already has a Subway and McDonalds. It wouldn't make sense to also have them in the local Walmart too.
Probably not. There's a Subway inside a local Walmart with another Subway in the same plaza. It's a fairly new Walmart, too.

Placed an order last week for the Blackweb wireless hdmi kit for $45. Not sure how well it works, but I figured I would give it a shot. Some over at SD were finding it for $25, but only one store in the surrounding area had it marked down. They also had the Logitech Harmony Smart remote for $35. BS said there were 5 in stock and I was able to place an order for one, but shortly after doing so I got a delay in pickup email for it stating it had to be ordered.

I finally got around to picking it up yesterday and so far the $35 price on the remote has held despite them having to order it. I'm guessing since it was originally showing in stock on the Walmart app had something to do with it. I did notice the BrickSeek total dropped from 5 to 0 after I ordered it and received the delay email. 

Blackweb wireless hdmi

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=867050791

Logitech Harmony Smart remote

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=34969761

Also want to add, if anyone decides to pick up one of the Blackweb kits, make sure you hold onto your receipt. There is an activation code that is needed for when you hook it up. I received an email after picking it up with it in there, but the email states that it should be on your receipt. There is also a web address you can go to and get one if you can't find it or it doesn't print one on the receipt.

I already have that remote, but will quickly buy a 2nd for the bedroom if they drop to $35 in my area. I'll have to add this to my watch every day list.

Was able to find For Honor for $14.88. Viking: Wolves of Midgard for $14.88 and No Mans Sky was marked down to $15.00. Talked to the guy working and he said to stop back in a few days when his department manager returns. Anything on the bottom shelf just laying in the locked case will get marked down since it does not have a home location anymore. Will have to wait and see how accurate that is

Fyi to those that got the 32" monitors, I just noticed that they dropped to $54 at a few stores around me. Definitely worth a return rebuy if you can get it

Was able to find For Honor for $14.88. Viking: Wolves of Midgard for $14.88 and No Mans Sky was marked down to $15.00. Talked to the guy working and he said to stop back in a few days when his department manager returns. Anything on the bottom shelf just laying in the locked case will get marked down since it does not have a home location anymore. Will have to wait and see how accurate that is
By the way, looks like Vikings: Wolves of Midgard is a universal drop across all Walmarts as all near me had it at $14.88. For Honor comes up $19.96 at all stores near me. No Man's Sky is all over the spectrum with stores having it at $8, $10, $15, $20 and $39.82.

Also, one you didn't mention that I have been following - Terraria (WiiU) - is at $12.88 at all Walmarts now it seems (with one near me having it at $7).

Fyi to those that got the 32" monitors, I just noticed that they dropped to $54 at a few stores around me. Definitely worth a return rebuy if you can get it

$49 and 5 in stock at a store about an hour away from me. Problem is that city is full of toll roads in and out, so it's easily $20 to travel there between gas and tolls.

$49 and 5 in stock at a store about an hour away from me. Problem is that city is full of toll roads in and out, so it's easily $20 to travel there between gas and tolls.
Yeah that's rough. Might be worth it though if you need a new monitor. Wal-Mart is always so ymmv though. One store an hour away supposedly has 10 of those razer bundles but says they can't find them.

Was able to pick up the razer bundle for $25.   they had the $49 sticker on it.    Asked for a price check and the lady was like "they're $49.99 while scanning it.  and she was about to repeat herself , when she's like " oh wow they're $25.   i said that happens sometimes(referring to it showing the wrong price.) , she says well it shouldn't happen if people did their job right lol

Bought the razer bundle for $49 less than 2 weeks ago, so hopefully they'll give me a price adjustment. Taking it to the same store I bought it, so hopefully they oblige.

My local store had a couple of the 4K blu-ray players and the LG soundbar bundles, asked and they said they didn’t have any. Now they’re at 0 on BS. Had 5 Razer bundles on Sunday, asked about them, they seemed offended when I pushed that there might be some in the back, get home and there are 0.

I think someone from SD must’ve gotten a temporary job there to score these deals and flip them. I say SD because CAG puts in too much work going from store to store, the former sounds like something an SD’er would do.

Zero shame on that site lol

Both stores that show stock and the lower price for me won’t let me choose in store pick up for the cheaper price, guess I’ll have to go in and search
Most of the discounted legos below 50% won't be anywhere in the store to be found, just bad inventory tracking. But sometimes it can work out in your favor and if you are lucky enough to be able to order one for instore pickup at the "instore" price for pickup today, you will still get that price even if they can't find it in store and change it to ship to store. Got the heavy walker for $74 and u-wing for $35 that way. Much better condition than the dented/opened package that would have been found in store.

And I'm not sure why they are clearing out the walker and destroyer already. There are new models coming in april, but these are also still fairly new and probably still being shipped to stores.

When Walmart was built in the town I grew up in they put in a McDonald's even though there is a McDonald's directly across the street. It is the south though...

Most WMs in the south have a McDs in them if anything although I've seen a few Subways. Most Targets have a Starbucks or Pizza Hut or both. Never seen a Kmart with a restaurant in it.

Best restaurant in a store I saw was at a Home Depot in midtown Atlanta near where I worked. It had a Fuddruckers in it.

Can't believe I pay retail on Day 1 for this
d64aa367c7d632a6e8ac466271783a41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sadly the game clearances have come to a halt in my area but my WMs have been killing it with the electronics/toys.  Picked up a Hover-1 Hoverboard for $30, Sphero Spiderman for $35 and a Vizio 5.1 soundbar for $35. 

A little side rant, i'm really getting annoyed with LP at my store.  They "lost" 5 hoverboards (not binned in the back, employee handhelds show on floor) 8 copies of Star Ocean PS4, and continue to put full srp games in an unlocked "clearance" case without any security cases on games. Meanwhile the guy at the door has to stop me to check my receipt for my $4 thing of water and their in-store pickup people say its a security issue if you use a shortened name on an online order vs. what your id says (ie Mike vs. Michael)

Yeah mine supposedly couldn’t find a few items too but according to brickseek they went from 5 to 0 within an hour or two.

I got that Vizio speaker set too, stoked to try it

...and their in-store pickup people say its a security issue if you use a shortened name on an online order vs. what your id says (ie Mike vs. Michael)
That's a valid reason to not give you the order. Why wouldn't it match? It should match and seems like a good reason for someone to hack your account with that same name and try to get free items (I know this from personal experience and having to deal with it).

It's like being mad that you use your nickname (Prison Mike for example) and your I.D. shows Michael. It doesn't add up and they should deny you to pick it up.

That's a valid reason to not give you the order. Why wouldn't it match? It should match and seems like a good reason for someone to hack your account with that same name and try to get free items (I know this from personal experience and having to deal with it).

It's like being mad that you use your nickname (Prison Mike for example) and your I.D. shows Michael. It doesn't add up and they should deny you to pick it up.
Hopefully this is sarcasm, because it reads borderline believable but doesn't make sense.

There's one Walmart over an hour away from me that has 3 Razer bundles and LG players, and 2 speaker sets. The potential profit is just high enough for me to consider it. Anyone have luck reselling those online?

bread's done
Back