Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The $.03 dream is still alive.

Grabbed:
Sonic The Lost World 3DS x1
Zone of the Enders HD 360 x2
Rhythm Heaven Wii x1
Korra 3DS x2
Art Academy 3DS x2
Crossword Plus 3DS x2
Glory of Heracles x2

Potentially more tomorrow
Add:

MLB The Show Vita x1
Rhythm Heaven Wii x1
Sin & Punishment Wii x2
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z 360 x1

I don't even.....what the....

Cam I time travel?

Ugh

MObFVPO.jpg

pbGPkoU.jpg

NPyaCBg.jpg

I didn't get the ps3 games with bleached out covers
That’s definitely a trip. What store was this? Kind of amazed at all the Reach Limited Editions. I’ve bought just the goodies off eBay (for a lot less than $60 haha). Wonder if they have the Legendary Edition on a pallet in the back somewhere.

Picked up mlb the show 17 for $5 each, no mans’s sky for $5 each, and a copy of dark souls 3 for 5 a couple of weeks ago.

My local walmart knocked The Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X down to $5 a piece. Didn't have Wonderful 101, so I grabbed that. I would have grabbed a spare copy of Xenoblade but it was sold out.

Went back to the store that showed 2 copies of pokepark pikachu's adventure (including the one behind the glass)... Asked the electronics guy to put it in a case for me to take to the front register where I "left some other items".  Found the chillest looking front end cashier and still he started questioning the 3c price.  Line was really long, no one coming to help him out, eventually he just sold it to me anyway. close one

Not games related, but found a 2pk of Pen+Gear gel pens for 63c. Pretty damn good price for pens. 32c each UPC #724328138718

Brickseek: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=204882186

I found the last one, but brickseek says they still have 10, so brickseek may be a bit unreliable and temper your hopes if anybody decides to ask an employee to........dun dun dun....check in the baaack.

Found the Lego Dimensions Back To the Future Fun Pack for $2 last night. A steal for Lego Marty, the Lego Delorean, and a Lego hover board! And I might play the game someday.

Walmart seems to have most of the Dualshock 4 controller colors for $46.96 except for the grey metal version. Picked up the silver dualshock 4 one from Best buy with price match. Okay price for a dualshock 4 since they are usually $55 plus. Also picked up from walmart a few of the 2 pack Gel gen pens for .63 cents and they seem good.

Walmart seems to have most of the Dualshock 4 controller colors for $46.96 except for the grey metal version. Picked up the silver dualshock 4 one from Best buy with price match. Okay price for a dualshock 4 since they are usually $55 plus. Also picked up from walmart a few of the 2 pack Gel gen pens for .63 cents and they seem good.
Price matched a blue controller at Target yesterday, thanks.

i know its available for same or better price elsewhere, but just thought I'd mention i saw Final Fantasy XV xbox one for $20 on clearance at a WI store today.

I also found no man's sky at my store, but for $15.  Very surprised it has held its price so well given the mixed reviews, but finally at a price I will bite at.

Sony hyped the shit out of that game without offering the devs any support, and the devs took all the backlash for not fulfilling on those promises immediately. They eventually released updates to make it better, but the hype train sheep already declared it wurst gaem evar and moved on.

Now Ark's bad reviews were warranted. Promising all future updates for early access purchasers at $15, then selling updates as DLC and pricing everything at $30 two years later was a cheap move.

Are the clearance item prices the same at all the stores? My local has Tons of Lego Dimension, but they are all still full price.  

Sony hyped the shit out of that game without offering the devs any support, and the devs took all the backlash for not fulfilling on those promises immediately. They eventually released updates to make it better, but the hype train sheep already declared it wurst gaem evar and moved on.

Now Ark's bad reviews were warranted. Promising all future updates for early access purchasers at $15, then selling updates as DLC and pricing everything at $30 two years later was a cheap move.
Sony didn’t do the hyping on that game. Did you not see any of Sean Murray’s interviews where he’d get so excited talking about it he couldn’t even contain himself?

Sony didn’t do the hyping on that game. Did you not see any of Sean Murray’s interviews where he’d get so excited talking about it he couldn’t even contain himself?
Pretty sure he and the 15 other people at Hello Games didn't pay for all those ad spots, even if they were excited at the game's potential. Sony paid for console exclusivity and marketed a small indie company project as a killer app, then set deadlines without helping in its development. Content patches and updates are released for almost every game out there, but people actually filed lawsuits for false advertisement against this company (only for the Steam version, mind you) and haven't played it since. It was never a bad game, just boring, and all the updates since release have made it better. At least that small company didn't abandon it in response to all the negative hype sheep reeing.

I love Ark. I easily got my money's worth.

Nioh for PS4 is $10 at the Perris, CA Walmart. I bought it for pick up at the store, but it still gave me the regular price. It charged me $38. Hopefully I can ask for a price adjustment to the $10 when I pick it up. If not, then do the change payment type trick.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55171751 Zip Code: 92571
They aren't obligated to give you the clearance price if you ordered in app, they stopped doing that a couple months ago

Did you have to wait a few days for it to ship or was it ready the next morning after you ordered it late at night?  If it didn't have to ship they should adjust it automatically when you pick it up.  I picked up an online order for a Hyper Tough 6 pound pancake air compressor today.  It was down to $100 from $130 on the website, but the local store I picked it up at (which had it in stock when I ordered) had it for $30.  Immediately after picking it up I got an email stating that I had a refund of $70.

Did you have to wait a few days for it to ship or was it ready the next morning after you ordered it late at night? If it didn't have to ship they should adjust it automatically when you pick it up. I picked up an online order for a Hyper Tough 6 pound pancake air compressor today. It was down to $100 from $130 on the website, but the local store I picked it up at (which had it in stock when I ordered) had it for $30. Immediately after picking it up I got an email stating that I had a refund of $70.
Yeah, they refunded me the difference. Unfortunately I didn't know they'd do that, so by the time I was at customer service, I had already been refunded.

Picked up Nioh :ps4: for  $10. They also had The Last Guardian :ps4: and Final Fantasy Zodiac Age :ps4: for $10 as well. Those were the only games on clearance that they had out of all the systems. And they surprisingly still had a bunch of copies of all three. They had ps3 and xbox 360 games for $19.96 as well so it's not like they're THAT good. They had the Call of Duty :ps3: Black Ops Combo Pack as well along with the other $10 games, but I'm not sure if it was 10 bucks as well.

Picked up Nioh :ps4: for $10. They also had The Last Guardian :ps4: and Final Fantasy Zodiac Age :ps4: for $10 as well. Those were the only games on clearance that they had out of all the systems. And they surprisingly still had a bunch of copies of all three. They had ps3 and xbox 360 games for $19.96 as well so it's not like they're THAT good. They had the Call of Duty :ps3: Black Ops Combo Pack as well along with the other $10 games, but I'm not sure if it was 10 bucks as well.
Wish my store had nioh or ff12 for $10. Closest i get is fifa 10 on xb360 for $50 still

PS4 Pro White Destiny 2 Edition $199 YMMV https://brickseek.co.../?sku=336136643

My local store dropped it down early this morning to $199 showing 3 in stock, but they couldn't be found
Damn dude. If it shows up on the App, try ordering and then do store pickup. If they have it, awesome. You got a Pro. If they don't but you can order it, then they will have it ship to their store and honor the price.

Well, this happened for me with $199 laptops from a few months ago.

Edit: I checked around me an no go. So I randomly typed in a zip code and found a hit at $199!

Walmart Supercenter #309

3005 Charity Street
Abbeville LA 70510
Limited Quantity

A store that's an hour away from me shows limited stock (0). Does that mean they might have some?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
From my experience, In some instances, it means they have one in stock (the display copy). Other times it means they have no more left and they haven't updated the amount they have on hand. Very rarely does it mean nothing and the store in fact has plenty on hand.

From my experience, In some instances, it means they have one in stock (the display copy). Other times it means they have no more left and they haven't updated the amount they have on hand. Very rarely does it mean nothing and the store in fact has plenty on hand.
Appreciate the info. Thanks

fuck the guy at my local Walmart for knowing what PS4 I wanted, and Brickseek still showed 2 after I left:

From their FAQ.

I heard the data on BrickSeek is delayed by 24 hours, is this true?

No, this is simply a rumor. In most cases inventory changes are reflected within minutes. Very rarely will you see an inventory change delayed more than a few hours.

bread's done
Back