Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Not clearance but the new Dualshock 4 colors are coming in stock slowly for regular Dualshock 4 price of $46.96. Got my sunset orange, may pick up berry blue if still available later today.
Edit: in store only, check BS as only 5% of stores have it in stock, but all stores near me in socal have it in stock, so looks like they're being delivered to stores and scanned in last night / this morning.
I got the berry blue one last night and posted it. Wish my store had Sunset, I would’ve got it too. Maybe I’ll check tomorrow. For $46 that’s almost the Black Friday price. And I’m a sucker for new controllers. Counting the Scuf Vantage, this one was number 7 in our house.

Went to a random Walmart and was able to get the Hammermill copy paper packs for $1.50 and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition for ps4 for $9.96.

Walmart seems to have removed Fallout 76 Collector's Edition from their website. All I'm getting in the search results is CoD BoPs 4 collector's edition.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fallout-76-Collector-s-Edition-Bethesda-Xbox-One-093155173163/139682095

I just checked the forums and there are a lot of people worried that Walmart might not fulfill the orders for the Power Armor Edition and may have sold more than they actually had the ability to sell.
If they did that imma be so pissed

Walmart seems to have removed Fallout 76 Collector's Edition from their website. All I'm getting in the search results is CoD BoPs 4 collector's edition.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fallout-76-Collector-s-Edition-Bethesda-Xbox-One-093155173163/139682095

I just checked the forums and there are a lot of people worried that Walmart might not fulfill the orders for the Power Armor Edition and may have sold more than they actually had the ability to sell.
Walmart has been erroneously retroactively applying $90 discounts to orders of the Power Armor edition, maybe they delisted it to try to get that to stop happening, someone reported their PS4 order got marked down like two days ago on the forum

Not clearance but the new Dualshock 4 colors are coming in stock slowly for regular Dualshock 4 price of $46.96. Got my sunset orange, may pick up berry blue if still available later today.

Edit: in store only, check BS as only 5% of stores have it in stock, but all stores near me in socal have it in stock, so looks like they're being delivered to stores and scanned in last night / this morning.
Went to store on my lunch break. Had to ask because they were still in the back. Got a new orange sunset. $50 after tax.

Most colorado stores seemed to just get them today

It looks like this is super YMMV, but I just got back from Walmart and the had a bin filled with games for $5.  I grabbed:

Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS)

Inside + Limbo (PS4)

Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

King's Quest Complete Collection (PS4)
Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4)

Singstar Celebration (PS4)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

I also saw, passed on:

LA Noire (X1)

Agents of Mayhem (X1 and PS4)

Stern Pinball Arcade (PS4)

Wolfenstein:  The New Order (X1)

XCom:  The Enemy Within (PS3)

Halo Reach Limited Edition (360)

Yo-Kai Watch 2:  Bony Spirits (3DS)

Among many, many others.  But like I said, it looks like this is VERY YMMV.  After I got home I checked Brick Seek and the store I went to was the only one that had any of these games at these prices.  For those of you in the area, this was at the Walmart on Plymouth and Middlebelt in Livonia, MI.

Among many, many others. But like I said, it looks like this is VERY YMMV. After I got home I checked Brick Seek and the store I went to was the only one that had any of these games at these prices. For those of you in the area, this was at the Walmart on Plymouth and Middlebelt in Livonia, MI.
Lots of good finds. None by me and that is just about 30 minutes to far for me to get to and still have it be worth.

Yeah those bins/carts full of cheap games are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper YMMV.  One of my stores never does it, one does it about 35min away in one of the movie bins and is the most consistent (they do it on a semi regular schedule but unfortunately the prices rarely get all that good), and then one a bit closer does it every now and then in a normal cart (last time it was a "everything in the cart is $10" deals).  

That's leaving out the other 4 or so WM's closest to me, who also either rarely or as far as I know never, do it.

Do you have PS+?

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition is free next month for November (along with Yakuza Kiwami)
I have PS+ but for almost 2 years now have been unable to connect my PS4 to my router so I don't have any network connection.

This is the sort of crap they have clearanced near me:

9J1pqg3.jpg

I imagine they found it sitting in the electronics cage and finally decided to get rid of it.

Those Wreck-It Ralph mini arcade units appear to have been restocked at all the Walmarts in my area.  Also, the price seems to have been lowered to $19.82 each.

Found The Forced Unleashed 2 for PS3 (the one with the cool little USB guy) at my closest Walmart, haha.  Didn't check the price but have to wonder if it's really cheap if it's worth a buy to resell.  At the same store they're trying to sell Morrowind for $30!  It's the one in the XB1 packaging but still, it's $15 digitally.  Needless to say they have a whole stack of those.

Damn, I'm seeing limited stock but 0 quantity at a store 30 minutes away. I'm tempted to go look but probably a waste of time.

I found a couple of the Sphero BB-9E droids yesterday for $25.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=56081735

Also saw a bunch of the droid kits for $19, but I had already picked one up earlier in the week for a Xmas gift.

Plus I ran across one of the Star Wars FX lightsabers for $25. The box had been previously opened and looked to be a return. I took a chance on it and it worked. It was missing the display piece, but I can live without it.

Also saw a bunch of the droid kits for $19, but I had already picked one up earlier in the week for a Xmas gift.

Plus I ran across one of the Star Wars FX lightsabers for $25. The box had been previously opened and looked to be a return. I took a chance on it and it worked. It was missing the display piece, but I can live without it.
Wow that’s a damn good price. I’m going to head to a store tomorrow to hopefully pick up one. I have the R2D2 and got my girlfriend the special edition BB8.

Wi-Fi. I haven't tried deleting network settings.
Try that. Mine would not connect to the router at all after working fine for months, but deleting and setting up the network settings on the PS4 fixed it. If that doesn't work it would be worth trying a wired connection if at all possible (better speed and latency).

Want to thank you. Went to a store about 30 miles away and picked one up! Goes nicely with the R2D2 one I bought last year.

Wow. you must live in a very nice neighborhood if those controllers aren't spider wrapped or locked up in any way.
Yeah, they give me a cavity search every time I leave the store!

Sometimes I enjoy it. The associate who stands at the front of the store is cute, and she curls her finger a little.

A bunch of stores are getting rid of the aisle in electronics with all the Destiny figures, Borderlands figures, Vini mates, 8 bit lights.  So far its only been like $5 off but I assume they'll go down more since the aisles are being replaced with a new Funko section. 

Asteroids has been deep clearanced for awhile, tbh I found that one pretty disappointing, the way the screen works is not what you'll probably be used to. The ship pivets around the center of the screen, they used an lcd layout like the old Tiger handhelds for asteroids rather than giving you some full on moving image lcd running an emulated rom

Surprisingly found PS4 Persona 5 Steelbook at a Walmart near where I'm working this week. It's still $49.94 but I took the plunge anyway since I probably won't find it cheaper anywhere else at this point.

Arcade Classics - Frogger Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 978706160

Arcade Classics - Rampage Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 294231015

Arcade Classics - Ms Pac-Man Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 349552021

Q*bert Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 198523085

Arcade Classics - Centipede Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 126129499

Arcade Classics - Pac-Man Mini Arcade Game

SKU: 219450308

JOUST MINI ARCADE GAME

SKU: 253132808

You're missing a few (although some of the ones you skipped have appeared in various posts of this thread). To keep them all together:

#01, Pac Man https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54370845 (appears to be LCD, but still numbered in Basic Fun series...)

#02, Space Invaders https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=288329066 and https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54370846 (both appear to be LCD, but still numbered in the Basic Fun series...)

#03, Centipede; #04, Q-Bert ... both links in above post

#05, Asteroids ASTERIODS MINI ARCADE Games – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek

#06, Frogger; #07, Pac Man (color); #08, Joust ... all links in above post

#09,  Defender ??? (not yet released?)

#10, Rampage; #11, Ms. Pac Man ... both links in above post

#12, Fix It Felix, Jr. Arcade Classics – Fix It Felix Mini Arcade Game – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek

Local Walmart replaced the mini arcades and video game action figures with those 1 up arcade units.  My store had two street fighter units and one rampage unit.  $299.99.

Tempted, but I can see these going on clearance after Xmas.

bread's done
Back