Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Walmart replaced the mini arcades and video game action figures with those 1 up arcade units. My store had two street fighter units and one rampage unit. $299.99.

Tempted, but I can see these going on clearance after Xmas.
Yeah, I definitely see them getting cleared out for space down the road

Guess management at the Somerdale NJ store is done with half-measures to get rid of old stock:

img_0016wuiqt.jpg

img_00175ffem.jpg

img_00182sis7.jpg

That said, they also had some $10 Xbox One games on clearance:

Bioshock: The Collection
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dead Rising
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Project CARS 2
Recore (base game)
7 Days to Die
Shadow of Mordor (base game)

I wish my Walmart would say "to hell with it!" and do that kind of markdowns. lol
My Walmart did something similar - they lowered a whole bunch of junk games to $2.50 each. A lot of the same games in the pictures above, actually lol. The problem is these games are so bad, or so overproduced, that they are still sitting there unsold at $2.50. They should probably just penny them out and be done with them.

My Walmart did something similar - they lowered a whole bunch of junk games to $2.50 each. A lot of the same games in the pictures above, actually lol. The problem is these games are so bad, or so overproduced, that they are still sitting there unsold at $2.50. They should probably just penny them out and be done with them.
The other major thing is that a lot of them require special peripherals, and then said things are usually hard to find new and at a good price, pre-owned ones are probably worn, then (microphone ones aside) who knows how cross compatible some of them are between games.

You're missing a few (although some of the ones you skipped have appeared in various posts of this thread). To keep them all together:

#01, Pac Man https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54370845 (appears to be LCD, but still numbered in Basic Fun series...)

#02, Space Invaders https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=288329066 and https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54370846 (both appear to be LCD, but still numbered in the Basic Fun series...)

#03, Centipede; #04, Q-Bert ... both links in above post

#05, Asteroids ASTERIODS MINI ARCADE Games – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek

#06, Frogger; #07, Pac Man (color); #08, Joust ... all links in above post

#09, Defender ??? (not yet released?)

#10, Rampage; #11, Ms. Pac Man ... both links in above post

#12, Fix It Felix, Jr. Arcade Classics – Fix It Felix Mini Arcade Game – Walmart Inventory Checker – BrickSeek
Joust and maybe Rampage can be converted to play Defender with a bit of surgery. I'm sure there's a tutorial online for it. Defender was planned to be release #9 but licensing or some other brand of red tape got in the way of it. There's also a Facebook group for the machines where they print decals for the Defender conversion. Bridge Direct something or other.

Sneak King is worth it at that price, even pre-owned. I fondly recall picking up my copy at Burger King 12 years ago.

Sneak King is worth it at that price, even pre-owned. I fondly recall picking up my copy at Burger King 12 years ago.
Sneak King is worth about the monetary equivalent of getting pepper sprayed in the face by a hot chick. It might be the best of the Burger King games, but it's still a very unpleasant experience.

It is the Dark Souls of Burger King games.

Also, gotta give respect to the OG. Without Sneak King, there would be no Waluigi: Sneak n' Love series.

Found a Xiosmi mi box 3. 4K for $27 tonight as well as a bunch of micro USB/lightning combo cables for $2. Mi box wouldn’t be a bad choice especially if you run kodi

sneak king is directly responsible for the inspiration to metal gear solids and the director of pocketbike racer went on to direct the famous "mario's kart" series. unfortunately the creator of BIG BUMPIN took his own life. his likeness can be found in-game as the "whopper jr" character, and was found via xbox live analytics to be the least popular character by an impressive margin. he will be missed.

just some gamer history facts* for you guys

*epic gamer history facts are often if not always found to be completely false

Found a Xiosmi mi box 3. 4K for $27 tonight as well as a bunch of micro USB/lightning combo cables for $2. Mi box wouldn’t be a bad choice especially if you run kodi
I use a mibox for my bedroom, it's not too bad. I've heard the Oreo update screws up performance though (haven't checked how it is recently), and Kodi stable still only outputs to 1080p (not sure the mibox can even handle playing back most 4k content over wireless), if you just need a basic android set top box it's pretty good though

I use a mibox for my bedroom, it's not too bad. I've heard the Oreo update screws up performance though (haven't checked how it is recently), and Kodi stable still only outputs to 1080p (not sure the mibox can even handle playing back most 4k content over wireless), if you just need a basic android set top box it's pretty good though
The one I have in my office mostly works fine after the oreo update. I say mostly as oreo seems to have broken the remote. After a few hours, the remote will not work unless you restart the unit. The Android TV app from the play store works though.

Must...resist...another...Android TV box!

There might be a way to downgrade it to factory settings with an earlier system image. That's what I did with my Forge TV recently after I bricked it. Now it runs Lollipop.

I originally supported the mi box when it was released but have since given up on it. First unit died and would no longer boot after around 7 months. Went through 2 more within around 3 months after with similar hard locks during the boot and finally gave up on having one. Eventually will just pick up a Nvidia shield if I can get one cheap, but given up on miboxes.

The one I have in my office mostly works fine after the oreo update. I say mostly as oreo seems to have broken the remote. After a few hours, the remote will not work unless you restart the unit. The Android TV app from the play store works though.
Yeah it might be better now, there were a lot of performance complaints initially, I haven't upgraded since I only use it for Kodi and it's working fine

It just sucks ass for games. I've had worse, but there's been way, way better. Android TV has become synonymous with "that app won't work with this device."

It just sucks ass for games. I've had worse, but there's been way, way better. Android TV has become synonymous with "that app won't work with this device."
It's just the opposite for me. I actually enjoy testing games to see if they're Android TV compatible when I try to sideload them. But most people would get frustrated if they bought a game that didn't work on all of their devices.

A Walmart about 40 minutes away has 5 of the HP Omen models for $949, wish there was a way to get them down to that incredible $200.

Love me some Razer mice, but the damn things never last.  While they do last they're my favorite and work great with my bigger hands but grrr....  For $25 or under I'd bite as my current one is starting to act up with double clicks and not reading longer swipes.

A bunch of HP stuff showed up in the price drops list today

$40.00 - HP 20-c013w Snow White All-in-One PC with 19.5" HD+ Display, Intel Celeron J3060 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=51397795
$100.00 - HP Slim 270-p043w DesktopTower, Intel Core i3-7100 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=484093489
$100.00 - HP Slim 270-p013wb Desktop and 21.5" Monitor Bundle, Intel Pentium G4560T, 4GB Memory, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55470366
$50.00 - HP 22-b013w Snow White All-in-One PC with 21.5" Full HD IPS Touch Display, Intel Pentium J3710 Processor, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=51397793
$125.00 - HP Pavilion 24-b223w 23.8" All-in-One PC, Intel Core i3-7100T, 6GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55470368
$100.00 - HP Pavilion 570-p013wb Desktop and 23" Monitor Bundle, Intel Core i3-7100, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55470367
$35.00 - HP Slim 270-p033w Desktop Tower, Intel Celeron G3930 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=903600875
$100.00 - HP Pavilion 570-p023w Desktop Tower, Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB Memory, 128GB SSD + 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=890480583
$21.00 - HP OMEN 27 Display - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=408057834
$200.00 - HP Omen Gaming Tower, Intel Core i7-7700, Nvidia Qtx 1070 8GB Graphic Card, 16GB Memory, 256GB SSD + 1TB HD, Windows 10 home, 870-213w - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204

A Walmart about 40 minutes away has 5 of the HP Omen models for $949, wish there was a way to get them down to that incredible $200.
They are starting to drop by me. They went down to $649. One store showed 6 of them, went there a couple hours later none to be found and inventory was showing 2. Another showed 3 went there they said only 1 left I snagged it. At that price they won't last long, you have to be EXTREMELY lucky to find one at $200. Although I'm hoping they will drop again soon in that store so I can try and get a price adjustment.

Three stores near me also show $949.  These definitely aren't highly populated areas/stores, so I'm hoping they can stay in stock for a while and drop down some.

A Walmart associate said he would hold one for me over the phone.  They just went down to 650.  I am really hoping I can pick one of these up.

The Omen PC's finally dropped to $650 at my local store and Brickseek already showing 0 stock, I can't imagine they are worth flipping and yet it went from 4 units to 0 in a few days.

The Omen PC's finally dropped to $650 at my local store and Brickseek already showing 0 stock, I can't imagine they are worth flipping and yet it went from 4 units to 0 in a few days.
They are worth flipping (guess that depends on how much money you're willing to make) but they are also good cheap gaming PC's at that point. People probably bought them for themselves.

They are worth flipping (guess that depends on how much money you're willing to make) but they are also good cheap gaming PC's at that point. People probably bought them for themselves.
One of my local Walmart's had the system for $650 & I picked it up not to flip, but to use. While I tried months ago to score this for $300 and whiffed, I would rather take my victory now and upgrade (have a i5-3330 with a GeForce 960 currently, but in a small Alienware X51 case). I hope to see a noted improvement from my current set up...

My store had it for $349 and I missed it, oh well, There will be new computers that they will put up on BF and they will clearance them out later (like they did at the beginning of this year).

One of my local Walmart's had the system for $650 & I picked it up not to flip, but to use. While I tried months ago to score this for $300 and whiffed, I would rather take my victory now and upgrade (have a i5-3330 with a GeForce 960 currently, but in a small Alienware X51 case). I hope to see a noted improvement from my current set up...
It's a good rig imo

I saw an MSI gaming laptop for $600 while I was picking up an Omen desktop. Looked like a good deal for whoever may be interested.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=586976837

15.6" 1080p ips

i7-8750H 6 core 12 thread

gtx 1050ti

256gb ssd

1tb hard drive
For a change, there is a store near me that has a good pc deal. Not sure if I have $600 to drop, but very tempted. Anyone have experience with this laptop line?

i was lucky and picked up the last MSI laptop just now. the specs are pretty decent... especially for $600. this was the first time brickseek worked for me. yay!

bread's done
Back