Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not a great deal but walmart in bainbridge ohio had a large stack of 43 inch tvs for 100$  Sorry I don't know the sku brand or any of the details as I just walked past it.

Not disagreeing with that a bit. I'm replacing my primary gaming TV, tho.
I'd definitely look into input latency on anything replacing your primary gaming set, I love my old plasma and it arguably looked better than my current lcd, but the latency was killing me

I'd definitely look into input latency on anything replacing your primary gaming set, I love my old plasma and it arguably looked better than my current lcd, but the latency was killing me
Input latency should be entirely undetectable if you've turned off the right postprocessing options on the set (or turned on whatever "Game"/"PC" mode they've put into the firmware).

What is input latency? I'm not remotely tech savvy.
Input lag, i would guess, refresh rate of the display, mode of the tv, controller used, network connection, and a number of other factors can exacerbate the issue. It's probably not a big deal unless you are playing fast paced shooters or fighting games online.

yeah, higher latency will make your controls feel kinda 'floaty' due to the slight delay on response, yes modern tv's are better at it, but it's still important to consider if it's your primary gaming set, Rtings.com has a pretty good database of tested sets would recommend looking the model up that you're eyeing and just looking at hte numbers (anything below 22ms is ideal/you won't notice)

Input lag made my playing of Crash Trilogy on PS4 infuriating. I would push the button and Crash would jump a second later and in tight platformers where jumping and dodging is the main game play, this is a no no. I put my tv in game mode to correct it.

Be on the lookout out for possible massive toy clearance in your local stores. They had Star Wars and Transformers basic figures for $2, Marvel Legends for $5, Rampage playsets for $2.50 and much much more st one near me yesterday.

Went to more Walmarts this morning and also checked Brickseek some...the clearance appears to be nationwide and it’s way too much to list. I recommend checking your local stores.

local store has about an aisle and a half of toys clearance, they marked down alot of stuff yesterday by upwards of 75% off. looks like they are trying to get rid of it now, its been there since a few days after christmas.

FYI, Walmart associate here - the toy department modulars reset last week, which is why you’re seeing some crazy and/or random clearance around the country. Depends on the store, but some old stuff gets marked down since it no longer has modular locations and they prefer to not have it sit in the back room for years at a time (despite some finds in this thread haha).

FYI, Walmart associate here - the toy department modulars reset last week, which is why you’re seeing some crazy and/or random clearance around the country. Depends on the store, but some old stuff gets marked down since it no longer has modular locations and they prefer to not have it sit in the back room for years at a time (despite some finds in this thread haha).
Thanks for that information. I’m curious, do they keep marking this stuff down every few days until it sales? I noticed that many of the clearance stickers around here were dated 1/19 and then the prices were cut by half on 1/22.

Thanks for that information. I’m curious, do they keep marking this stuff down every few days until it sales? I noticed that many of the clearance stickers around here were dated 1/19 and then the prices were cut by half on 1/22.
A fellow associate told me prices get marked further every two weeks. Can't confirm though.

I prefer Walmart doing that instead of what Target does - salvage everything at a certain point and send it to Goodwill where they mark it up.

Went to my local store who conveniently had 5 in stock listed. None on the shelf. Asked the clerk, he scanned the UPC and then told me that it was in the back in something that sounded like the warehouse in Indiana Jones. He said it was in one of many unmarked bins and he wasn't going to look. I think I would have been happier with a response of "we just surplused them all" instead. Will try another nearby one instead and hope for better results.

I can tell and thanks for the information! Found some transformers like...

G1 Hot Rod 7$:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=465091453

Transformers Generations Power of the Primes 5$:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=674435604

Also found these mini arcades for 5$

Q-bert:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=198523085

Joust:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=253132808

Most of these were on clearance aisles and scattered all over. So if you are interested in these kinds of things, I think it is worth it to take a look at your local walmarts!

G1 Hot Rod 7$:

Q-bert:

Joust:

Most of these were on clearance aisles and scattered all over. So if you are interested in these kinds of things, I think it is worth it to take a look at your local walmarts!
Those mini arcade games are pretty widespread at $5 at locations near me. Almost universal (some still have them at $9).

G1 Hot Rod 7$:

Q-bert:

Joust:

I’m still waiting on the shoe to drop on the LEGO sets. A couple of stores near me have quite a few in the clearance aisles, but they haven’t marked them down by much yet.

Went to get Starscream and got it no problem, Walmart's clearance was nice and organiz.... Of course not, it was a shit show. Things strewn about in multiple areas. Not a chance in hell of finding something.

$7.00 each at the Opelousas, La Walmart. Most of the clearance toys were not tagged correctly. [attachment=31711:73BB5C66-7429-46CF-A5AA-341B264B6A4A.jpeg]

I took it from a FB page. Happy Hunting.[attachment=31717:Screenshot_2019-01-26-11-50-01-1.png]

I took it from a FB page. Happy Hunting.
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_2019-01-26-11-50-01-1.png
These stores on BS are showing $30 or below, don't think whatever store that is is tracked on BS yet cuz not seeing any at $25 with that many stock

Walmart #5669
4140 W Greenfield Ave
West Milwaukee WI 53215

Walmart Supercenter #719
820 Eastern Byp
Richmond KY 40475

Walmart Supercenter #1690
4224 N Prospect St
Decatur IL 62526

Walmart Supercenter #2485
476999 Highway 95
Ponderay ID 83852

Walmart Supercenter #5046
805 Town Center Boulevard
Clayton NC 27520

Picked up some decent deals at a store near where I was working this week...

:ps4:

$10

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

.hack//GU Last Recode

Elite Dangerous Legendary Edition

$15

TMNT Mutants In Manhattan

$20

Final Fantasy Online Complete Edition

Middle Earth Shadow Of War Gold Edition Steelbook

:xb1:

$10

Batman The Enemy Within

Nascar Heat Evolution

Pillars Of Eternity Complete Edition

Rush A Disney Pixar Adventure

These stores on BS are showing $30 or below, don't think whatever store that is is tracked on BS yet cuz not seeing any at $25 with that many stock

Walmart #5669
4140 W Greenfield Ave
West Milwaukee WI 53215

Walmart Supercenter #719
820 Eastern Byp
Richmond KY 40475

Walmart Supercenter #1690
4224 N Prospect St
Decatur IL 62526

Walmart Supercenter #2485
476999 Highway 95
Ponderay ID 83852

Walmart Supercenter #5046
805 Town Center Boulevard
Clayton NC 27520
Damn none near me. Is the brickseek monthly sub worth it? I know you have it and I’m debating the $10 a month one.

bread's done
Back