Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If Brickseek shows full price in your area for the $3.00 games, don't give up! Keep checking back regularly. The markdowns are still in the process of being applied. I just saw some holdout Supercenters reduce the prices a few moments ago, and I'm sure more are on the way.

If Brickseek shows full price in your area for the $3.00 games, don't give up! Keep checking back regularly. The markdowns are still in the process of being applied. I just saw some holdout Supercenters reduce the prices a few moments ago, and I'm sure more are on the way.
How accurate is the pricing on Brickseek? Thinking about making a drive since my Walmart is showing in stock , with a $3 price. I'd call but I don't wanna risk an employee taking it for themselves..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How accurate is the pricing on Brickseek? Thinking about making a drive since my Walmart is showing in stock , with a $3 price. I'd call but I don't wanna risk an employee taking it for themselves..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Brickseek has been 100% accurate on price for everything for me today

Quantity, not so much but that's to be expected

Brickseek has been 100% accurate on price for everything for me today

Quantity, not so much but that's to be expected
I find that it's generally best to check the Walmart app and see if the item in question actually shows up as in that store. If it does, that's a good sign. An even better sign is if the app says what aisle said game is on.

For once, I've got something to contribute. I happened across the Jedi Challenges AR set in the clearance aisle for $20. Most other stores in my part of the Denver metro area have it for $75, but looking around Colorado Springs saw it for $50. Here's to someone else getting the hookup. Also, it's a damned fun time.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=831786052
My store has an entire end cap of these but they're still at $74 - here's hoping they get down to $20 so I can try it out!

Long time PS4ers, help me out. Is this worth it? I know there were some critical of it when it came out but I was always interested in it. I'm looking to grab all the exclusives I missed out on now that I have a Pro.
For that price it's not too bad. It's a bit repetitive and the gunplay isn't amazing, but it looks nice and has an interesting world/story, and is also a very easy Plat if you care about that.

Sorry, I’ll try and edit this with proper Brickseek postings later, but I see:

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 (PS4) - $5
Sonic Forces (PS4) - $5

At one of my Wal-Marts.

Are you guys seeing the markdowns on the cases/shelf in store or are y'all just scanning games until you find games that are marked down?

The New Super Mario Bros U i bought had a $3 sticker on it. Coincidence because the guy said they did inventory of games last night and marked down a lot to $15 and this one to $3.

idk if someone posted already, Jalapeno Jack Links 'Omega Ruby' Jerky - $3 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37202055, it's marked down at almost every store in my town
Thanks for giving us the heads up on this, I was able to get a few games I've been keeping an eye out for.

If you're worried about people in your area going after the same stuff you want you should definitely wait to post until after you get what you want.

We do appreciate you giving us the heads up on things.

-

On another note holy shit I dug through the giant "non clearance" clearance bin at the end of an aisle, this thing is usually full of games at full price for years.

For once having a crappy walmart near me was a benefit, I was able to find Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and X for my girlfriend and I. Plus two copies of New Super Mario Bros 2 for co-op.

I must have shuffled around 300 games though, jesus that bin is starting to get dangerous.

aww no, Jurai is quitting the Walmart thread after drama quitting the Target clearance thread? Please don't take your brickseeks and go home, Jurai.

Resellers are a fact of life. We can berate them on CAG since their brag posts aren't welcome here. But they are always going to exist and you gotta learn to deal with that. You are a member of a site (brickseek) that harbors many more resellers; a great deal more than here anyways, percentage-wise.

Clearance people are hoarders. 50% of them have a sickness. My dad was one of those people. He used to hit up the clearance aisles of Target in the 90s and just arm shovel stuff into his cart. But when you let people buy video games, especially ones they are interested in, for only $3 then of course they are going to hoard them.

You can't prevent social networking, my dude. It also is clearly more of a problem for you on the whole, when including other sites, than it is on here because it's not all that prevalent here. We are all gamers here. Don't let it get to you.
Very well said. I'm not going to fault any dog in this fight, since I can see arguments for either way. I've been guilty of coming across a super cheap item and getting that 'sales high' and buying a couple extra of em out of excitement, getting caught up in the moment. I think that's only being human. But buying a couple isn't the same as buying 20 of em. Re-sellers are a way of life, as you said. All's fair, in love and discounts. Very rarely have I found it profitable to hoard extra copies to re-sell. Maybe some people are pro's at it but in the end, I usually find it more trouble than it's worth. USUALLY. I've gone the other way in the past coupla years, and focus on trying to post about deals I see instead, on CAG. Nice feeling to help other hardcore gamers out, cause I'd hope someone else here would do the same for me.

In general, I've developed a soft spot for Jurai, because I think his heart is in the right place. A shame to see him leave...

Might bite the bullet and go premium on BrickSeek next week. I check these threads enough, might as well contribute to them. I should be able to make back the cost pretty quickly

Random question... anyone own X or Y, or who picked it up today... can someone let me know what inserts are inside? I've owned X since launch and it has three inserts. I bought Y as a gift for someone last year and there's nothing inside except a blank black and white 'game manual'.

Might bite the bullet and go premium on BrickSeek next week. I check these threads enough, might as well contribute to them. I should be able to make back the cost pretty quickly
Brickseek premium is def worth it, but not Brickseek extreme. Waste of money IMHO.

Brickseek has been accurate for me so far, but I have yet to see any accurate clearance prices on the shelf/price tags. Par for the course for Walmart, sadly.
Indeed, in my experience Walmart is notoriously bad when it comes to having accurate prices displayed on video games. Sad because of their laziness/incompetence and seeming inability to do better, but at the same time not sad because otherwise the item(s) in question may have been gone by the time you made the discovery.

Maybe someone here can help me, I went to my local Walmart yesterday and they have tons of copies of ORAS just sitting around, but they all scan for $40. Every other Walmart in the area had them for $3 but they sold out. I went on Brickseek and the Walmart app and neither of them show ORAS in stock even though they have tons of copies just sitting around. It also doesn’t show Hey Pikmin in stock even though they have those. Weirdly enough, NSMB2 does show in stock for $3 but it was no where to be found.
Given that these games are showing as out of stock, will they ever be marked down since the store’s inventory system thinks they don’t have it?

Maybe someone here can help me, I went to my local Walmart yesterday and they have tons of copies of ORAS just sitting around, but they all scan for $40. Every other Walmart in the area had them for $3 but they sold out. I went on Brickseek and the Walmart app and neither of them show ORAS in stock even though they have tons of copies just sitting around. It also doesn’t show Hey Pikmin in stock even though they have those. Weirdly enough, NSMB2 does show in stock for $3 but it was no where to be found.
Given that these games are showing as out of stock, will they ever be marked down since the store’s inventory system thinks they don’t have it?
I noticed my store had other games like this too in the same scenario you’ve described. My guess is it’s unlikely they’ll ever seen a dramatic clearance at that respective store because those units are the casualty of bad inventory accounting. I can’t say for sure, but that’s my guess.

Unfortunately no. I've noticed it will always ring as the last price in the system when it was in-stock. Most stores won't put it back in-stock even after this. So the system won't update because there is no item to mark down.

I'd recommend telling a department manager that these are showing out of stock. Maybe in the next day or two they will add it back. Then you need to bide your time.

I noticed my store had other games like this too in the same scenario you’ve described. My guess is it’s unlikely they’ll ever seen a dramatic clearance at that respective store because those units are the casualty of bad inventory accounting. I can’t say for sure, but that’s my guess.

Unfortunately no. I've noticed it will always ring as the last price in the system when it was in-stock. Most stores won't put it back in-stock even after this. So the system won't update because there is no item to mark down.

I'd recommend telling a department manager that these are showing out of stock. Maybe in the next day or two they will add it back. Then you need to bide your time.
Thanks for the replies! I'll try letting them know next time I go in, can't hurt to try

Got 2 Ruby and 1 Smash Wii U at one and at another they had Sapphire, X, Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, and Mario Bros 2 but all original price.

My local Walmart (Framingham, MA)  has had a giant bin of "clearance" games out for years.  Of course the "clearance" prices are all the original prices...  For some reason they never seem to sell any of these "clearance" games   :whistle2:k

My local Walmart (Framingham, MA) has had a giant bin of "clearance" games out for years. Of course the "clearance" prices are all the original prices... For some reason they never seem to sell any of these "clearance" games :whistle2:k
I think I was in your Walmart a couple of weeks ago. Is that bin at the back end of the aisle of games? It was overflowing and who the hell wants to dig through that mess! I've been known to empty said bin to the bottom and stack the games on the floor whenever I come across them! :lol:

Checked PS4 Wolfenstein last night and there was 11 onhand, checked just now and all gone!! WTF?!
The El Hoardo types have been particularly aggressive this year, or at least it feels that way. My local Walmarts have had a handful of store-specific markdowns since the turn of the year, and they've been bum-rushed within a few hours every time. Hunting down 3-cent games last year was actually easier.

There were no hits on Brickseek and when I checked my local store yesterday I could find none of the games.  I might check the other Walmart 10 minutes away but I assume they cleared these out.

Found the following guides today (all were $3):

Prima Games Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Official Guide

sku=978109934

Super Mario Odyssey: Prima Offical Guide

sku=925719812

Random House Inc Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Guide

sku=296624947

Prima Games Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus CE Guide

sku=350492391

There were others out of stock but I did not have a chance to note them all. I seem to miss the majority of clearance games at this location but the guides seem to go unnoticed most of the time. I picked up the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Guide here some time ago also for a few bucks. They are on a small  end-cap facing the very back of the store in this particular location. I know not penny guides (sigh)...but not too shabby.

Gold I tell you....G O L D! :ps4: Knack $3.00

Also picked up a Super Smash Bros Brawl for $1 as well

The last store I went had an Electronics Clerk repricing everything with about 3 Walmart Employees hovering grabbing various cheap games.

One of the games I noticed they were purchasing was.... :ps4: Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness $8.00

All quiet on the western front, huh? I was hoping more stores would mark down their games this weekend, but none around me have budged since Friday afternoon. Bummer, Alpha Sapphire for $3 would be fantastic.

bread's done
Back