Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Splatoon dropped to $5 at every store in my area that still had it in stock.  Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU) dropped to $9 at most stores in my area.

Also, the local Walmart just filled a bin with $10 and under clearance games.  I'll have to post a list of what I got tonight or tomorrow since I'm heading to work now.

My store really hates looking in the back for games:

Me: "So you guys did inventory recently right?"
Employee: "Yes"
Me: "So any clearance games still showing on hand, including the ones you said were stolen months ago, would have had to have been physically scanned when you did inventory, right?"
Employee: "Yes"

Me: "Here's a list of 5games it currently says you have on hand"
Employee: "Oh,  those must've been stolen again since the time we did inventory"

*head thru wall*

While not a great overall % considering they say they were physically scanned in the last month, another store by me managed to find 9 of the 55 games they say are definitely still in the back somewhere. 

So Paper Mario: Color Splash seems to be dropping by $10 every week, it's currently at $29. That's the one I'm currently waiting on as my Walmart still has a few copies. A cut on Hey, Pikmin would be nice too.

So Paper Mario: Color Splash seems to be dropping by $10 every week, it's currently at $29. That's the one I'm currently waiting on as my Walmart still has a few copies. A cut on Hey, Pikmin would be nice too.
Thanks for this! Similarly, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE seems to be dropping too. It is now $29 at a couple of stores around me.

My local store has (and has had for a few years now), one copy of Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link Amiibo. It's still $59.99, but I keep holding out hope this wave of Wii U reductions eventually applies to it.

My local store has (and has had for a few years now), one copy of Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link Amiibo. It's still $59.99, but I keep holding out hope this wave of Wii U reductions eventually applies to it.
If you are in the Minneapolis area, there is one store that has them marked down to $39

I updated the list of most recent cheap clearance games again along with some new stuff and prices:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/?p=14136011

Also, I noticed a bunch of the games I just bought last weekend dropped in price: if I wanted to try and get some money back, would I have to return to the same Walmart or could I go to my local WM instead? Rather not drive 80 miles round trip just to save a few bucks on FFXV Deluxe...

Xenoblade Chronicles X has not dropped below $15 in my area. However, Super Mario Maker (Wii U) just hit $5 at the few local Walmarts which still have it in stock.
Thanks for the heads up. Super Mario Maker (WiiU) is down to $5 at the one local store in my area that still has it in stock. Tremendous bargain for $5.

I updated the list of most recent cheap clearance games again along with some new stuff and prices:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/?p=14136011

Also, I noticed a bunch of the games I just bought last weekend dropped in price: if I wanted to try and get some money back, would I have to return to the same Walmart or could I go to my local WM instead? Rather not drive 80 miles round trip just to save a few bucks on FFXV Deluxe...
This is a really awesome list - thanks for keeping it updated.

As mentioned, these were the games I picked up from my local Walmart on Friday, as well as some I saw in the bin:

Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21608442 (2 of 2 stores in the area have it for $9)

Alice: Madness Returns (360) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=15540499 (only store in area to have it)

Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=22098323 (only store in area to have it)

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (PS4) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=46388831 (only store in area to have it)

Resident Evil Origins Collection (PS4) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48981780 (only store in area to have it)

Rodea: The Sky Soldier (WiiU, also contains Wii version) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=43942524 (3 of 3 stores in area have it for $3)

The Amazing Spider-Man (Wii, with slipcover) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=19424639 (only store in area to have it)

Uncharted Dual Pack (PS3) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17126163 (only store in area to have it)

God of War: Ascension (PS3) - $3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=22991508 (2 of 2 stores in area have it for $3)

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice (3DS) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45934208 (2 of 2 stores in area have it for $9)

Trackmania Turbo (XB1) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45630794 (3 of 3 stores in area have it for $9)

Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - $9.88

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=52730200 (1 of 2 stores in area have it for $9.88)

Resident Evil Origins Collection (XB1) - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48981778 (3 of 4 stores in area have it for $9)

If you are in the Minneapolis area, there is one store that has them marked down to $39
Bless you for this very specific piece of information, I was so pissed I missed getting the standalone for $35 on amazon ages ago by like a couple hours, but now I got the amiibo version for the same price and I can sell the stupid amiibo to pay for it! Walmart employee knocked an extra 10% off because the box was damaged, which is cool because I was going to throw away the box anyway lol.

They still have two copies at $40 btw if anyone still needs this game, brickseek said they only had two when I went but they had three. Oh, brickseek, can't even get it right the other direction

Bless you for this very specific piece of information, I was so pissed I missed getting the standalone for $35 on amazon ages ago by like a couple hours, but now I got the amiibo version for the same price and I can sell the stupid amiibo to pay for it! Walmart employee knocked an extra 10% off because the box was damaged, which is cool because I was going to throw away the box anyway lol.

They still have two copies at $40 btw if anyone still needs this game, brickseek said they only had two when I went but they had three. Oh, brickseek, can't even get it right the other direction
Awesome. I remember seeing it at one of the Walmarts I went to last time I took the family to Great Wolf Lodge.

Looks like some pokemon games dropped to $1. Saw on BS Ruby & Sapphire showing a dollar. Also picked up Wii U Mario Maker for $5. Loving these Walmart deals lately!!

just wanted to chime in regarding MAG. the servers for that game shut down in 2014, and i believe it was multiplayer only. so pass on that one unless you need a case amd a disc/coaster.

Everyone, these are too many game deals. Can we go back to the other items like food and vacuums? 😜

People were all worried that there were no more game deals but as we can see, it comes in spouts. Thanks for everyone's contributions

I picked up Splatoon for $5.00. Cashier says she needed to check because it scanned at $5.00. I talked her out of calling a customer service manager . She put it in a bag and l left the store. I bought the last two copies of Mario Tennis a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone have insight on how Walmart's backroom works? Is it like target where each shelf has a letter and number and they can see if its stocked back there? Or are things just back there randomly? Asking cause i am so sure a walmart near me has alot of clearance games in the back

Anyone have insight on how Walmart's backroom works? Is it like target where each shelf has a letter and number and they can see if its stocked back there? Or are things just back there randomly? Asking cause i am so sure a walmart near me has alot of clearance games in the back
Not sure if all Walmart backrooms are the same, but in mine, it's sectioned off with electronics taking up one corner, clothing/tools/housewares taking up the middle, then tvs taking up one portion, then cleaning supplies/paper/misc items, then the other half for foodstuffs. Since I have no reason to be there, I've never gone and looked everywhere in the electronics section. But yes, it is all organized to an extent. It's not like Target.

Generally all the games are binned in the back with a specific location which unfortunately gets deleted once the item clearances out and the item shows on floor even if its still in an organized bin in the back. Its really rare (Ive only got 2 stores in 50 miles that do this) but some stores still keep the bin information on clearance games so all they have to do is scan the barcode for the game and know exactly where it is in the back.

Picked up Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal for $1 and Zelda TriForce Heroes for $9 on the 3ds.

Did see Monster Hunter 4 for the 3ds was also marked down to $9

Thanks for the info on backroom. This walmart is showing multiple games each with 2 or 3 in stock through brickseek. I was able to get a worker to go to the back and grab me a copy of Super Mario Bros Wii. Store is still showing 2 in stock

Thanks for the info.  I picked up Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and SMT Devil Survivor 2 for $9 each, Wolfenstein new world order for $1, and Rodea for $3.

They had no mans sky and the king's quest collection for cheap as well.  I'm debating on picking those up.

I picked up wolfenstein a week or two ago for $3.  I think I'll try returning that since I found a  copy for $1.

Judging by how often I am unable to find something that Brickseek (or their own website/app) shows them to have on hand and how employees almost always seem to refuse to look in the back and generally be unhelpful, my mental image of the stock room has become one akin to the clearance aisle in the store after a tornado has gone through it. I mean in my mind that would be the only somewhat acceptable excuse. I've worked shitty retail jobs before too but I was never as lazy and incompetent as these people and took pride in my work and customer service, whether it was for a $500 sale or a $5 one. You never know when someone could come back to make a large purchase or big ticket/higher profit margin items from you.

Same store, unless it is the cheaper price at your local store
Darn, that's what I thought. I think my WM has some of them at the lower price point, but not the one's the dropped the most, mainly FFXV deluxe. We'll see what I decide to do. Also, a big thank you to everyone who keeps dropping by with new games or pricing on old finds. I'm trying to keep my mega post as up-to-date as possible, so I just redid it again today. Check it out here if you might have missed it before:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/page-252#entry14136011

As surprisingly great as these clearance deals have been, it's also bittersweet because it means that the odds of another $0.03 bonanza happening are even lower now.

If Walmart did this the old way and left non-movers like Pokken U, Bravely Second, etc. out to rot at full MSRP, maybe we could have seen some 3-cent magic happen in a year or two. Or 10. 😂

Looks like some stores are restocking the clearance games in my area when I checked Brickseek today. I got Last of Us on Ps3 for $1 and Alpha Sapphire for $3. If anyone else wants to check, then Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon was on clearance at $19 and Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy Plus was on sale for $9.

This is one of the $.03 games from last year. There are a lot more and someone recently recreated the list of all the titles. Wish I would have bookmarked it.
That would be me. :D By the way, it turns out I missed a bunch of the three cent games the first time, so I went back and updated that post as well. It should be more or less complete now, but please let me know if any others scan at that price so I can keep this list current as well. There are still deals to be found, friends!

$0.03 games - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/?p=14140364

You mean Jurai. Its thanks to him.
considering jurai no longer posts here deals wise but didn't post all the links in general or go to the trouble of making this compiled list they do not deserve credit for this persons work. I'm not going to look through all the games in the list but just the first one wasn't provided by jurai as an example so no it is not thanks to them. It's thanks to multiple people.

You guys are all great!!
cb4f2df449c41ddf95b8c66b7dede017.gif

I honestly don’t care about the credit: I always try to give credit where credit is due, and I can say I’ve definitely benefited from Jurai’s posts when he was sharing here before. All I wanted to do was have a list of games in one or more posts so that members here had an organized place to check for what they’d might like. Going through the posts really wasn’t a big deal...I was already looking for stuff I might have missed the first time through, so it didn’t take much to document the items and the BrickSeek links that may not have been done originally. The most challenging part might have been keeping everything alphabetized [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My short Wal Mart horror story.  Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting.  Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure.  I consulted said oracle, with low expectations.  To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins).  Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute.  The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey.  As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress.  "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate?  There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned.  I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits.  As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade.  I had made a terrible mistake.  Car alarms and stereos blared.  Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot.  Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games.  I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store.  The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”.  A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me.  As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana.  The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen.  I pressed on.  As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks.  My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest.  The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting.  At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure.  As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express?  It was closed.

My short Wal Mart horror story. Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting. Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure. I consulted said oracle, with low expectations. To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins). Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute. The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey. As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress. "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate? There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned. I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits. As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade. I had made a terrible mistake. Car alarms and stereos blared. Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot. Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games. I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store. The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”. A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me. As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana. The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen. I pressed on. As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks. My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest. The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting. At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure. As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express? It was closed.
When the games are $3 what do you expect?

Frankly I think it's cool that Walmart employs the otherwise unemployable, all in all a heartwarming tale of adventure, A+

My short Wal Mart horror story. Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting. Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure. I consulted said oracle, with low expectations. To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins). Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute. The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey. As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress. "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate? There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned. I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits. As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade. I had made a terrible mistake. Car alarms and stereos blared. Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot. Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games. I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store. The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”. A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me. As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana. The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen. I pressed on. As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks. My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest. The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting. At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure. As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express? It was closed.
Holy shit that was a boring story.

bread's done
Back