Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
haha. my apologies then, for subjecting the board to such a laborious paragraph. next time i'll toss in a gunfight or a celebrity sighting to spice things up. Probably Emilio Estevez. Actually, definitely Emilio Estevez.

Lol,  an employee finally discovered that Smash bros Wii U was on clearance at my local store so it was pulled from the glass case and vanished into the void.  Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.  

Some weird shit going on at my store.  I know when I last saw Smash Bros in the glass case, so I guess i just need to get Asset Protection to check the cameras for when they were pulled and follow it to wherever it disappears in the back room.

Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.

Some weird shit going on at my store. I know when I last saw Smash Bros in the glass case, so I guess i just need to get Asset Protection to check the cameras for when they were pulled and follow it to wherever it disappears in the back room.
Sony ending the distribution of digital game codes at other retailers starting April 1st, one guess is that store pulled those digital cards early.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My short Wal Mart horror story. Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting. Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure. I consulted said oracle, with low expectations. To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins). Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute. The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey. As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress. "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate? There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned. I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits. As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade. I had made a terrible mistake. Car alarms and stereos blared. Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot. Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games. I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store. The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”. A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me. As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana. The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen. I pressed on. As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks. My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest. The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting. At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure. As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express? It was closed.
Is this in Jersey? This Walmart, regardless of the fanciful tale you have told, sounds familiar.

Sony ending the distribution of digital game codes at other retailers starting April 1st, one guess is that store pulled those digital cards early.
The Xbox version is missing as well (they show 20 for PS4 and 19 for XB1). All other Sony digital codes still on shelves. Another employee suggested that the vendor took them all, but their quantity has actually gone up since they've vanished, so who knows.

Lol, an employee finally discovered that Smash bros Wii U was on clearance at my local store so it was pulled from the glass case and vanished into the void. Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.

Some weird shit going on at my store. I know when I last saw Smash Bros in the glass case, so I guess i just need to get Asset Protection to check the cameras for when they were pulled and follow it to wherever it disappears in the back room.
What price are the digital copies coming out to?

Thanks for the list of $.03, I was able to find Castlevania and Legend of Korra today.  Not great games but lol $.03.  The lady almost didn't sell them to me until she flagged someone else down who was all lol why not it's intentional.

Pokemon Rumble Blast rang up at full price though, very disappointing

Found some decent deals today:

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita - $5: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17477096

Minecraft Game Voucher - PlayStation Vita - $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=39127355

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4) - $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=42496726

The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=31211192

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=37688624

LittleBigPlanet Karting - Playstation 3 -  $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=20636415

De Blob 2 - Nintendo Wii - $1: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=14904975

Minecraft is just a voucher, so not sure it that is even still valid. Final Fantasy game is an expansion and requires the full game to play, so not sure if that wasw worth getting or not.

I went to this particular location to look for Last of Us PS3 for $1. It showed 5 copies last night, now it shows 3. I suspect no copies are available or they are at the bottom of the giant bin that is overflowing.

While I was digging through the bin, one of the employees mentioned that they keep an eye on clearance games and they actually had a dedicated area where they were putting ones that were $9 or less. I found a couple of the mentioned games there, but most where in the bin.

My short Wal Mart horror story. Last night (Sunday) around 9:00ish pm, I noticed a post above from NoShow21, indicating that some stores may have potentially restocked some of the coveted, elusive, and super-cheap clearance games that anyone reading this post has undoubtedly been hunting. Having no better way to spend the evening, I took it upon myself to once again plumb the depths of brickseek in search of treasure. I consulted said oracle, with low expectations. To my surprise, my searches revealed two possible prizes ($5 Quantum Break, and $9 RE Origins). Both games showing Low Inventory at a Wal Mart about 10 minutes away, in an area of somewhat, shall we say, ill local repute. The late hour notwithstanding, and feeling a certain craving for Panda Express (known to be in close proximity to the store) I prepared myself for the journey. As I gathered my shoes and jacket, I gave a brief explanation to my fiance as to the purpose of my sudden egress. "You think that store's inventory is anywhere close to accurate? There is no chance you are going to find those" she warned. I kissed her on the forehead, and in my best Han Solo voice (which isn't good), I exclaimed "Never tell me the odds!" and bounded out the door with high spirits. As I pulled into the parking lot, my enthusiasm immediately began to fade. I had made a terrible mistake. Car alarms and stereos blared. Not one, but two of the blue emergency lightposts lit up the lot. Still, I had come this far, and I was determined to at least attempt to find those games. I parked my car on the outskirts of the lot and began walking towards the store. The lot was a whirlwind of blowing garbage, dank, slimy puddles, and horrid smells that can only be described as “sewage-like”. A truck passing in front of the store blew through the stop sign and came within about 3 feet of hitting me. As I entered the store, I was greeted by both a disinterested young employee, and a smell of body odor/marijuana. The screams and cries of what sounded like it must have been no less than a half dozen children echoed from the distant corners of the auto supply department to the far reaches of the bakery/delicatessen. I pressed on. As I neared the electronics department, I passed several other stink-eyed employees, a young man carrying what appeared to be a human head made out of Styrofoam, and a group of 3 teenagers wearing giant Easter bunny masks. My search of the gaming racks yielded no clearance games, and nothing else of interest. The only employee in sight was at the counter, and she had a line of 4 people already waiting. At this point, I decided to abandon the adventure. As I returned to my car, I told myself that I would NEVER return to this particular Wal Mart……..I mean, unless there was like some really really good deal of course.

Oh, and Panda Express? It was closed.
Feels good being acknowledged in someone's post but I'm not sure I wanted it like this. I hope you weren't too traumatized by the experience. I'm definitely craving some Panda Express now though.

Feels good being acknowledged in someone's post but I'm not sure I wanted it like this. I hope you weren't too traumatized by the experience. I'm definitely craving some Panda Express now though.
Ice-cold take: Panda Express is to Chinese food as Taco Bell is to Mexican food. [emoji3063][emoji3063][emoji3063]

Lol, an employee finally discovered that Smash bros Wii U was on clearance at my local store so it was pulled from the glass case and vanished into the void. Also found out that my store is now missing 38 DIGITAL copies of Kingdom hearts 3 that are on clearance.

I would DEFINITELY speak with Asset Protection or call for an Assistant Manager at least.

Struck out at a Walmart that was supposed to have :wiiu: LEGO Batman 3 and :wiiu: Super Mario Maker in stock, but I found a couple things I hadn’t seen at any other store:
283c0e0ac082ad2c5e7aeababb7361fc.jpg

5c4195ecb542c7bf242140f317ad1543.jpg

Damn get that VR headset ASAP. Its the new model too.

Edit: nm, i thought it said the price was $87.25 total

Picked up a few things at the Walmart in Selma CA yesterday:

:xb1: Diablo III: UEE $1

:ps4: Driveclub $5

:ps4: Knack $1

:ps4: Persona 5 $6

:wiiu: Pokken Tournament $8

:ps4: Tales of Zestiria $6

:ps4: TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan $6

:ps4: Transformers Devastation $6

:wiiu: Yoshi's Wooly World + Pink Amiibo $11

They finally opened up the massive clearance they had locked away unsorted and games out on tables for everyone to look over.  Missed out on NSMB + Super Luigi for $3 & was looking for Yooka Laylee but pretty happy with my final score from this store.

One of the copies of TMNT in the case was a used game from GameStop :O but I found another sealed copy locked away...

Every time I go back to the local Walmart they seem to add new games to the clearance bin.  Picked up Evil Within (XB1) for $3 yesterday.  Also noticed the 360 version of the game was the same price.

Does anyone else get someone to open the case when they have games stacked in the bottom behind each other? I always say hey I'd like to see what you've got hiding down there lol

Probably mentioned already, but a friend of mine snagged me a copy yesterday:

Rodea Sky Soldier (Wii U) was marked with a $7 clearance sticker, but rang up $3.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43942524
Yeah, a lot of the cheaper games I have picked up may be tagged with one price, but be something else. Like Wolfenstein was marked $10, but was actually $1, Aliens Colonial Marines marked $15, but was $1.

I always take out my phone, open Walmart app, and scan the games UPC. This sometimes says it can't find a price, but usually works. I have found many games that are in the glass case are incorrectly priced as well; marked $30, but actually $15.

Probably mentioned already, but a friend of mine snagged me a copy yesterday:

Rodea Sky Soldier (Wii U) was marked with a $7 clearance sticker, but rang up $3.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43942524
This is one of the titles that seem to be the same price at a lot of Walmarts. All my local ones also have this for $3.

It's a cool game in that it actually includes the Wii version as well (which if I remember right was considered the best version of the game).

I'm seeing :ps4: Ark: Survival Evolved - Explorer's Edition as low as $29 at some local stores around me...anyone know if it's worth picking up at that price or should I wait a little longer to see if it drops even more? I'm all for adding even more to my seemingly endless backlog. :D/
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=617358579
Ark is a pretty cool game but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you want a massive time sink that you have to keep up with constantly. The idea is great but execution is kinda meh imo.

I'm seeing :ps4: Ark: Survival Evolved - Explorer's Edition as low as $29 at some local stores around me...anyone know if it's worth picking up at that price or should I wait a little longer to see if it drops even more? I'm all for adding even more to my seemingly endless backlog. :D/

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=617358579
Seems like all stores in my area have it for $29. Not sure I want to pick it up though. Haven't done a lot of research on it yet - can it be played offline or is it online only?

I think that's the wrong link. It didn't give me any results, but this one did:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45736671
Thanks for the link, it helped me out. I'm tempted to get this at $9 but I heard it's not that great. My sense of value has been really warped since I've already made some great purchases at lower prices.

Also in general, I recommend looking up the barcodes on your phone and scanning in the store yourself since my store has the wrong price labels on a few of the games. It's an amazing help when you can't find an employee. Someone gave the tip in this thread and I'm really grateful for it.

one store in my area seems to have gone completely rogue. went in looking for 4 games that bs showed in stock. none anywhere to be found, but a very helpful employee wheeled out two huge bins of games that were in the back. almost all of the wii u games from the clearance list were in there, but none rang up at clearance prices. bs didn't show them having any of these in stock.

they also had a random endcap of games with the giant yellow clearance stickers, but the prices were not good. just like $5 off msrp.

FitBit Charge 2 is on clearance for $30 at most locations. I just missed out on getting one as employee said that someone got there just before me and bought "all 5", although stock still claims 7 remaining still, which could just be off. She seemed irked when I wanted her to open up the locked case so I could look for myself, but whatever. Another store showed 2, but none to be found.

Black: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=103290173

Plum: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=169144315

I'm tempted to get this at $9 but I heard it's not that great.
It is not good at all, I found it boring after like 2 hours tops, might be marginally fun if you have two people to play with at the same time though.

bread's done
Back