Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I know we all want to find a good local deal, but dom't ignore the website. It's $19.10 + tax and free ship to store. Or price match the website/app in-store.

Guys, I know we all want to find a good local deal, but dom't ignore the website. It's $19.10 + tax and free ship to store. Or price match the website/app in-store.
Walmart stores no longer price match the website or app.

You can do a site to store to get the advertised price, but they will not honor anything else.

I got it 3 weeks ago but haven't opened it yet. For some reason this walmart had about 80(yes eighty) and I watched the inventory slowly come down to about 50 before I went for one. It even showed on the end cap as clearance when I was there. About a week later the price went up to 299.
Nicely done. I can't find one anywhere for $199. Will have to keep looking.

When did they make that change? They still do at all the stores I go to. They just need to look it up on their own.
There doesn’t appear to be an official policy for the physical locations, but their website’s policy is right here: https://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31/~/walmart.coms-price-matching-policy
There also seems to be more info on their corporate website here: https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#00000150-2910-d285-add2-fff8e8700000

So...I was right?

Literally the first line:

Price Match Policy

We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store.

So...I was right?

Literally the first line:

Price Match Policy

We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store.
That line is misleading since stores can have their own individual policy and most stores don't price match anyone even Walmart.com.

They stopped the price match policy about 2 years ago and the stores do have their own individual policy i.e. it's up to the whim of whomever isn't on their period when you ask. They're supposed to honor the website but I've walked into Walmart maybe 2x in the last year because every time I did ask, you'd have thought I was asking someone to donate a kidney (which given their wages, I can see why they'd be upset if they only had one kidney cause the other was sold already).

It doesn’t even feel like a individual store policy at times...it seems more like an individual EMPLOYEE policy at my local Walmart, as I’ve had some electronics reps deny me a PM from Walmart’s website while others have no problem doing so. As with anything else in these clearance threads (and ESPECIALLY with Walmart), it’s a total YMMV situation.

At all my local stores to refuse to price match even the website, and it's been that way for a good two years.  The only time they did it is when I put up a pretty big fight because I said I can just order it RIGHT NOW from my phone and come back to pick it up in a few.  I was like "you're REALLY going to make me do that?  If so guess I can but then an employee will have to walk out and pick it up and do all the paperwork for it...or I can just buy it now".

Most of the time now though I just go ahead and order online for pickup ahead of time to avoid any issues.  Even when they did price match, towards the end of it they started to get  really snotty about it and often the picture on their site wasn't the right picture despite it being the same product so I'd have to put up a fight.

My one local store too was pretty pissed about being told not to price match.  Had several employees so it's just caused more hassle than it's worth.  Had one guy though tell me they were told the reason for it was "too many old ladies and coupon moms coming in trying to abuse the policy and we had to spend too much time arguing with them over non-identical products or products that aren't in stock so we stopped doing it...they ruined it for everybody".

Was able to snag an eevee and pickachu bundle. Noticied alot of switch games at $49.94 including smash Ultimate. Must be a price error

All my local Walmarts are showing $59 for it so its not quite universal.
Yeah, $60 around me, with one store at $45. Walmart.com still has it listed at $100, while 3rd party sellers have it cheaper. I think $40 may have been a universal sale vs. drop. Target still has it for $40 along with Best Buy and Amazon. Probably other retailers as well.

Only one Walmart near me has it at this price.

:ps4: Dragon Quest Builders $8.00

Sku: 52386310

The whole "refusal to price match Walmart.com" thing is especially bad because Walmart.com's in-store pickup function is absolute ass, and store inventory counts are frequently wrong.

So whenever Walmart actually has a deal worth buying, it's a damn-near guarantee that the item page will either say "Pickup not available" or "Out of Stock at (store that literally has the item right in front of you)".

At that point, you either have to wait for a Site-to-Store order (for something that's already in-stock at the Shaq-Fuing store!!) or negotiate with a Walmart associate who may or may not act like you're mugging them.

...and that's why I stopped paying attention to the Walmart.com deals. 😂

I stopped by a Walmart in Brea and two in La Habra today with more mixed results. Picked up two copies of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City ($1), Batman: Arkham Origins ($3) and The Bureau: Xcom Declassified ($1), all for PS3, at the Brea WM. Unfortunately, there was no sign of the multiple copies of Pokemon X nor Collector’s edition of :wiiu: Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link amiibo that were supposedly in-stock there. The two La Habra WMs netted me :wiiu: Mario Tennis ($9), :wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge ($3), :pS3: LEGO Lord of the Rings ($9) and :pS3: Borderlands 2 ($3), whilst :wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, :3ds: Pokemon X and :wiiu: Super Mario Maker all eluded me despite showing in-stock. It also reminded me of the volatility of WM employees...the La Habra electronic reps were extremely kind and very helpful, whereas the Brea electronics rep was rude, generally dismissive and looked to be about 15 minutes away from going postal on the whole damn store.

Got some really good scores; Thanks to you, Chavez. I was able to grab some CHEAP ASS 3DS games.

Not sure that this info has already been said or if anyone finds it helpful BUT:

When I spoke to my electronic person, They explained to me how sometimes the floater games can end up 'Locked inside the security room' and someone with the right keys would need to get inside and see if they could find it. He was able to and found Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire for $1 each. They were both showing 'LIMITED STOCK' on BS for me and cleared out RED 0 by the time I got home.

On a side note, I got Mario Kart 8 Wii U at the same store for $10. This was on a different visit after I got the pokemon. So, maybe they cleaned up said security room. They had stuck the only MK8 out in the middle of the aisle in the end cap glass so I kinda had to buy it as soon as I saw it for $10.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=35575883 

Does Ever Oasis show up as N.A. for the price everywhere for everyone else on brickseek?  Is that still $40 or whats the deal with that.

$32.84 for Ever Oasis every store around me.

I've never seen anything show N/A before for Walmart. Seen it a bunch for Target tho.

Edit: It's $25 at Gamestop (New or Used)

That Personal Walking Trainer is likely $.03 (unless its preowned).

Also, I'd check the prices on Shinobi, SMT IV, and those Pokemon games unless its Sun/Moon or UltraSun/UltraMoon.
yeah, this store never has the prices everyone else has. they did have a couple cheap pokemon games, but the ones they actually had in stock were full price.

edit: Shinobi $30 SMT IV $20, pokemon games full price. I have 2 local stores that are just overloaded with games, but its because they never lower the price on them

Smh. There are tons of pikachu and eevee pokeball plus bundles near me but I wouldnt know what to do with them.

Got one for myself so I can have mew and maybe use the ball for go but Im pretty much finished with the game.

It can both be traded in to gs with the promo this week for no gain.

Its selling on ebay for $80-85 nib but with shipping and fees I doubt it would be worth it.

I could sell locally but its only worth it if I can find a few buyers.

Im just going to have to keep telling myself "I know its a good deal but I just don't need it."

Might pick up the pikachu version too and just trade in the extra pokeball for cash.

Edit- On the other hand I could get enough for a whole team of Mews, lol.

I stopped by a Walmart in Brea and two in La Habra today with more mixed results. Picked up two copies of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City ($1), Batman: Arkham Origins ($3) and The Bureau: Xcom Declassified ($1), all for PS3, at the Brea WM. Unfortunately, there was no sign of the multiple copies of Pokemon X nor Collector’s edition of :wiiu: Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link amiibo that were supposedly in-stock there. The two La Habra WMs netted me :wiiu: Mario Tennis ($9), :wiiu: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge ($3), :ps3: LEGO Lord of the Rings ($9) and :ps3: Borderlands 2 ($3), whilst :wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, :3ds: Pokemon X and :wiiu: Super Mario Maker all eluded me despite showing in-stock. It also reminded me of the volatility of WM employees...the La Habra electronic reps were extremely kind and very helpful, whereas the Brea electronics rep was rude, generally dismissive and looked to be about 15 minutes away from going postal on the whole damn store.
You checked to see if the discs were actually inside right because some of those ps3 and xb360 games seemed to have been tampered at that Brea store with the shrinkwrapping torn.

I bought a copy of Korra 3DS for $8. Walmart.com had it for $8 for some reason. It says it's OOS now. Not as good as 3 cents but I aint complaining.

It also reminded me of the volatility of WM employees...the La Habra electronic reps were extremely kind and very helpful, whereas the Brea electronics rep was rude, generally dismissive and looked to be about 15 minutes away from going postal on the whole damn store.
That sounds absolutely hilarious. I'd love to see something like that.

Every week i'm amazed at what one of my local stores unearths from the back.  Thus far ive seen USB dongles from 2012, Monster cables from 2013, and now these: 

So most Walmarts seem to have Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS for between $20 and $31 on the low end and $39.xx on the MSRP end. My store had it for $31, but doesn't show in the system on brickseek and it wasn't clearance either. I just checked Brickseek and it seems the system got updated to show that my store sells copies of that game which means nobody had bought a copy of that game in so long that it stopped showing up on brickseek.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54300751

So most Walmarts seem to have Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS for between $20 and $31 on the low end and $39.xx on the MSRP end.
I've checked prices for almost 30 different titles of 3ds games in my state. Literally EVERY single game has been marked down to at least $32.84 including newer releases like Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. Others have gone down to $31 or $29.83 (or lower for shovelware). This all just happened this weekend so I wonder if Walmart is really planning to phase out the 3ds completely by the end of this year.

You checked to see if the discs were actually inside right because some of those ps3 and xb360 games seemed to have been tampered at that Brea store with the shrinkwrapping torn.
Thankfully, none of the games had any issues with torn shrink wrap except for one, but it was very minor. Even if by some strange reason one or more of the games are missing, I’ll just take everything to my local Walmart and get my money back. It’s a small enough amount that it shouldn’t be that big of a deal, I’d think.
By the way, do you (or any other CAG here) happen to have extra copies of some of these cheap games we’ve been finding that you’re willing to trade or sell? I’ve had decent luck finding things, but there are still a few specific titles I’m looking for that I haven’t been able to grab. In particular:
:pS4:
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Rayman Legends
:wiiu:
LEGO Batman 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
:pS3:
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition
Grand Turismo 6
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
:Wii:
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:3ds:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y

Please let me know via this thread or DM. Thank you!

bread's done
Back