Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jose

I Have a 2DS XL on the way next Week

If I do the Transfer from 3DS to 2DS XL

Will I still be able to use the Old 3DS?

I know the Digital Games will transfer

But can I still use 3DS for Games on cart

Don`t use it much because screen Size

Do I need new Account

Thanks for the Help..
Yes, you can certainly use the old 3DS to play any games on cartridges. For physical games your progress is stored on the cart and not in the system memory so it's easily interchangeable between consoles.

Hi. Are u talking about the black statue that connects wii remotes? It does not come with a brush controller and it was sold separately.
Still sealed but looks like the contents are a 2 disc version of the game, Mickey statue, and skins for the console and wiimote. I thought the epic Mickey games had a brush nunchuk controller with some of them so I kind of wonder why the collector's edition of the first game doesn't seem to have one? Just doesn't make sense so I figured I may be overlooking something or don't know what I have...

If you want to have your account/digital games on both, call Nintendo a let them know that the previous 3ds is broken, but you want your account and digital games on the new 3ds. Make sure the old 3ds is disconnected from WiFi first. You will now have you’re account/games on both. Only downside is the previous 3ds needs to stay disconnected from WiFi, but worth it IMO

Yes, you can certainly use the old 3DS to play any games on cartridges. For physical games your progress is stored on the cart and not in the system memory so it's easily interchangeable between consoles.

If you want to have your account/digital games on both, call Nintendo a let them know that the previous 3ds is broken, but you want your account and digital games on the new 3ds. Make sure the old 3ds is disconnected from WiFi first. You will now have you’re account/games on both. Only downside is the previous 3ds needs to stay disconnected from WiFi, but worth it IMO
Didn't know this, thanks. Might give it a try for loading up a 6 yr old's console. Online features would need to be locked off anyway.

Does this process make the offline 3ds hardware permanently unable to connect, or only so long as it holds the duplicate account?

I assume if it connects it will notice your account is already being used on another 3ds so the system may prevent you from playing digital games on the old 3ds. I would recommend connecting it to online after making the transfer.

Didn't know this, thanks. Might give it a try for loading up a 6 yr old's console. Online features would need to be locked off anyway.

Does this process make the offline 3ds hardware permanently unable to connect, or only so long as it holds the duplicate account?

I updated my recent link dump post with the items that people posted these last few days. Thanks for reporting all of the new finds: keep ‘em coming!
Not to be that guy, but I'd pay $3 + tax PayPal for the DLC code(s) if you don't mind picking me up a copy while you're there.
I assume it's just the vanilla disc and codes anyway.
I actually went to that WM yesterday and was shocked, SHOCKED that their inventory was off and they actually didn’t have ANY Destiny games at all! That store has a knack for both having stuff just disappear and rather unhelpful employees, so I didn’t get my hopes up too high. There’s one more local WM I need to check today after work: if I do find some copies, I’ll definitely grab you one.

Just wanted to point out that Contra Rogue Corps is Clearance in store for $19 on both PS4 & XB1 however they're both 14.99 on walmart.com so you should be able to get the price adjusted.

90e2416524eec4416384328d00c47ea8.jpg

Found these for $4 and $11 at the Walmart at Wyncote, Pa. There were two Chrom left and one Battle Royale even though it says there are none left if anyone is searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found Tales From the Boderlands and Rime on PS4 for $9 and $7. Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader on 3DS for $1 and Fallout New Vegas complete edition for Xbox 360 for $5.

I'm surprised that two of the Walmarts near me actually have these games.  Managed to pick up a bunch of nintendo games thanks to trchavez' list!

Mario& Luigi SSS 3DS- $11

Cave Story NSW- $5

Paper Mario WiiU - $15

Monster Hunter Stories 3DS - $11

LoZ ALBW 3DS - $11

StarFox 64 3DS - $5

WarioWare Gold 3DS - $11

XenoBlade 2 NSW - $29

Metroid 2 3DS - $11

:pc: Trine Ultimate Collection rang up as $0.03 in Cinnaminson, might be national. 309102835
Thanks for sharing this! Got lucky and managed to score a copy. Search came up with only two results and only one of those was really nearby that showed any stock and I think I found what seems to have been the last copy there. It said 3-4 but the rest were nowhere to be found and the spot on the PC games rack where it normally would be (I saw the shelf tag for it) was empty and of course I searched the whole rack. May have gotten pulled for salvage. The one copy I did find was stashed among a mix of games on a clearance display in the main aisle running along electronics.

Also found Link's Awakening - Link Amiibo for $4

I'm sure others have seen it, not digging through, but found Infinite Warfare Legacy for X1X for $15...so it's the version that comes with the Modern Warfare remaster.  Normally don't buy CoD anymore but considering what it's still selling for digitally and what it was just on sale for on XBox...couldn't pass it up for Modern Warfare remaster alone since that's $40 by itself digitally.

Grabbed the aforementioned $0.03 :pc: Trine Collection along with :pS4: Astro Bot and :pS4: Bloodborne for $9.99 each at a Walmart close to my old apartment from a few years ago: the PS4 games rang up as $13.00 and $19.99 respectively, but the electronics associate was kind enough to price match their website, which had both for $10. I was actually surprised that he was able to do it, but the POS system allowed to adjustment once it was confirmed the WM website was the reason for the PM. I also saw at least two 2DS XLs in the Nintendo area behind the glass in the video game section, with both Brickseek and WM.com claiming there was no stock. Even more evidence that WM’s inventory is horrendously screwed up, and that any associate that declines to PM their website is just making up nonsense to avoid extra work. Oh, and I’ll add Brickseek links for all of the new items people have mentioned to the link dump post once I get home.

Grabbed the aforementioned $0.03 :pc: Trine Collection along with :pS4: Astro Bot and :pS4: Bloodborne for $9.99 each at a Walmart close to my old apartment from a few years ago: the PS4 games rang up as $13.00 and $19.99 respectively, but the electronics associate was kind enough to price match their website, which had both for $10. I was actually surprised that he was able to do it, but the POS system allowed to adjustment once it was confirmed the WM website was the reason for the PM. I also saw at least two 2DS XLs in the Nintendo area behind the glass in the video game section, with both Brickseek and WM.com claiming there was no stock. Even more evidence that WM’s inventory is horrendously screwed up, and that any associate that declines to PM their website is just making up nonsense to avoid extra work. Oh, and I’ll add Brickseek links for all of the new items people have mentioned to the link dump post once I get home.
Do people actually get the games for 3 cents? Apparently in California we have a law where they have to sell you anything for the listed price, even if that price is a mistake. But, anytime that I have tried to get cheap games in the past, they always have a manager come over and deny me the price. Once, I even had a Walmart manager accuse me of switching barcodes. Which was ridiculous because the game was housed in one of those plastic security cases.

Do people actually get the games for 3 cents? Apparently in California we have a law where they have to sell you anything for the listed price, even if that price is a mistake. But, anytime that O have tried to get cheap games in the past, they always have a manager come over and dent me the price. Once, I even had a Walmart manager accuse me of switching barcodes. Which was ridiculous because the game was housed in one of those plastic security cases.
It varies I tried to get the 3DS game Regular Show Mordecai and Rigby In 8 bit land but they wouldn’t sell it earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people actually get the games for 3 cents? Apparently in California we have a law where they have to sell you anything for the listed price, even if that price is a mistake. But, anytime that I have tried to get cheap games in the past, they always have a manager come over and deny me the price. Once, I even had a Walmart manager accuse me of switching barcodes. Which was ridiculous because the game was housed in one of those plastic security cases.
Yeah, like Ervgotti said, it really depends on the associate, their manager and how big of a stickler they are for the rules. My associate even said as he was handing me the receipt, “Pretty sure that was supposed to be boxed up and either returned to corporate or flat out destroyed...but hey, you found it, that’s what it rang up, I’ll sell it to you.” Another time at a different Walmart, I tried to buy a 3¢ game (The Wolf Among Us, IIRC) and the electronics rep called the manager over to verify he could sell it to me: manager confirmed I could buy it, but I overheard him telling the rep as I was leaving to scan the rest of the games w/ their device and pull any other games that rang up at $0.03. The rest of the times I went straight to self-checkout whenever possible and used the R-rated movie trick to buy any three cent games undeterred. Like pretty much everything with Wally World and this thread, seems like it’s pretty YMMV. [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Yeah, like Ervgotti said, it really depends on the associate, their manager and how big of a stickler they are for the rules. My associate even said as he was handing me the receipt, “Pretty sure that was supposed to be boxed up and either returned to corporate or flat out destroyed...but hey, you found it, that’s what it rang up, I’ll sell it to you.” Another time at a different Walmart, I tried to buy a 3¢ game (The Wolf Among Us, IIRC) and the electronics rep called the manager over to verify he could sell it to me: manager confirmed I could buy it, but I overheard him telling the rep as I was leaving to scan the rest of the games w/ their device and pull any other games that rang up at $0.03. The rest of the times I went straight to self-checkout whenever possible and used the R-rated movie trick to buy any three cent games undeterred. Like pretty much everything with Wally World and this thread, seems like it’s pretty YMMV. [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]
What's the R rated movie trick? Also, I live in a rough part of California, and they have tons of theft, so they always make you buy your games in the electronics department. Which can be a pain in the ass if nobody is there. When I went to buy No Man's Sky for PS4 last year when it was on clearance for $18, not only did the employee take the game out of the case, but then he walked over to the cash register in electronics, and said that the game would be there when I was ready to buy it. He wouldn't even let me hold it or look at it. Even though I told him that I had other shopping to do (which I did). So, no self checkout for me. Unfortunately.

I would say if you find one of those 3 cent games always take it to self-checkout if possible even if it is in one of those clamshell security cases, this way there is no human intervention to potentially deny you the sale. Once you've paid for the item it has now has legally become your property and there is nothing they can do about it at that point. If you need the item unlocked kindly ask someone to do it but note that they can't legally force you to return it.

What's the R rated movie trick? Also, I live in a rough part of California, and they have tons of theft, so they always make you buy your games in the electronics department. Which can be a pain in the ass if nobody is there. When I went to buy No Man's Sky for PS4 last year when it was on clearance for $18, not only did the employee take the game out of the case, but then he walked over to the cash register in electronics, and said that the game would be there when I was ready to buy it. He wouldn't even let me hold it or look at it. Even though I told him that I had other shopping to do (which I did). So, no self checkout for me. Unfortunately.
The R-rated movie trick was how some would get around Walmart’s system alerting the associate at the self-checkout station. As I recall, you took your three cent games to checkout, along with (at least) one other other that will certainly be flagged as needing an associate’s help: people reported being successful with things such as R-rated movies and beer (since they require proof the consumer is over 18). The trick was to scan the alerting item first: the associate would come over, verify the item and your age in the POS, and then allow you to proceed. At that point, you could scan the 3¢ games without fear of being stopped again (WM’s system apparently only required one “pass” to allow those alerting items to go through unmolested), and the transaction would end painlessly. Attempting to scan the $0.03 games first, or before another alerting item, would cause the associate to take a good long look at your receipt and wonder why your video game was ringing up for cheaper than a pack of gum in the 1950s. Of course, here in CA we couldn’t use alcohol since self-checkout won’t let you scan it, but most R-rated movies worked. I also heard guns, knives, other weapon-like items and essentially anything that required an ID like medicine would trigger the system, but I myself only ever tried movies. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I’m misremembering any of this!

I only got one 3 cent game before self checkouts were a thing. The Walmart I went too had a whole bunch of games
For 3 cents and I just asked for a couple. When they rung them up they wouldn’t sell it to me stating they have to be mailed off to be written off or something. I then pointed out all the other 3 cent games I wasn’t interested in just to make them realize how much they messed up not pulling those games. I took it up to the highest manager there for the day and she would only let me get one for 3 cents and anything other than the one I had to pay the last price that was stickered on it, which is some cases were the full retail price
After all that trouble I just ended up with Kirby’s Epic Yarn for Wii.

Gotta love the intricacies of clearance hunting. Never found a 3¢ game myself, but it sounds like a hassle. And I just got to say, screw those plastic security cases. None of the cashiers I went to knew how to open them up so I had to wait in line for over 5 minutes for a simple transaction.

My walmart had some of the 3 cent Trines and I picked up 2 of them no problem. Actually oddly(?) enough they were in the PC glass case and had a price tag in their spot that even said 3 cents. 

Semi-related but I finally gave up waiting for Destiny 2 to hit 3 cents (despite it hitting 3 cents in all my neighboring counties) and just bought all of them my store had at $1.96 per, got 16 in total. Even if the PS+ codes don't work out for some reason I needed cases, been having bad luck with gamestop lately. Tons of my games have been in those ugly generic black cases.

It's really not a hassle. Most will not be in the case and can be taken off regular shelves or a dumpbin. Go to self checkout, scan beer, an M rated game at normal price, or an R movie. Then scan the rest. Return the game or movie some other time.

If they are in the case, ask them to put them in the clamshell because you have more shopping to do. Or if they say they can't, tell them you will pay for it up front. Then go to a regular cashier and try your luck. The normal cashiers are much more relaxed than the Electronics employee and won't bat an eye usually unless a manager rings you up.

Also, if you want to raise your chances of success, don't grab multiples of the same game. Also be ready to scan it in the app to show that it is the correct price. The app is gospel and use it to your benefit. Don't ever show brickseek.

Before the receipt checking rules changed, I would have said it wouldn't matter if the electronics reps or a manager allowed the 3 cent sale because the receipt checker would have caused a stink. But now that all they do (most of the time) is tap on a tablet, chances are better that people'll be able to get away with this.

Before the receipt checking rules changed, I would have said it wouldn't matter if the electronics reps or a manager allowed the 3 cent sale because the receipt checker would have caused a stink. But now that all they do (most of the time) is tap on a tablet, chances are better that people'll be able to get away with this.
You don't have to let a receipt checker check your receipt. I always said no thank you and slowly walked out.

The only receipt checking that's been at my walmarts is for anything not bagged, if you bypass the checkouts with a bag of stuff (like checked out in electronics), or if the door alarm is set off.  I just hold my receipt in my hand until I get out of the store to give a heads up that I'm legit and if they stop me it's only a couple seconds of inconvenience as I make extra effort to make bulk items either the first or last thing that is scanned.  Of course now they just barcode scan the receipt which is even quicker.  Usually though since I'm holding my receipt on the ready they tend to just let me go.... especially since I shop at the same store most of the time and have encountered the same people dozens of times over the past few months.

I swear that the people who work in the electronics section at my local Walmart are rip-off artists. 

I went in shortly after the store opened this morning at 7 a.m. to check on two clearance HP laptops.  One of them was showing 6+ in Brickseek, but the associate swore up and down that he had sent all of the clearance laptops back to the corporate warehouse and that they were all display models.  Bullsh*t.  They are probably in the back of the store and waiting to get loaded into his car for him to resell.

Then, they sighed when I asked for price checks on a few clearance games and when I asked to get two games out of the cases.  I've worked retail before, so I know that I wasn't asking too much for them to do their damn jobs.

Anyway, I was able to find the following games without their help.

Brunswick Pro Bowling (XB1) - $5.00

Elex (XB1) - $11.00

Monster Hunter Generations (3DS) - $11.00

Starfox 64 (3DS) - $5.00

I also bought the Trine PC Collection for 3 cents on a second trip into the store.  I walked it up to the self-checkout up front and purchased it, so they couldn't deny me the sale when I asked for them to remove the game from its plastic prison.  The lady just said, "That's a good deal!"

I swear that the people who work in the electronics section at my local Walmart are rip-off artists.

I went in shortly after the store opened this morning at 7 a.m. to check on two clearance HP laptops. One of them was showing 6+ in Brickseek, but the associate swore up and down that he had sent all of the clearance laptops back to the corporate warehouse and that they were all display models. Bullsh*t. They are probably in the back of the store and waiting to get loaded into his car for him to resell.
Brickseek has been incredibly WRONG with the 14 inch HP laptop. I have seen stores show 6+ on brickseek have only the display model. Brickseek say they have 3-4 and they have ZERO. Even show 0 on another stock tracker. So they likely arent lying to you. As a former retail employee, most of them couldnt give a shit less, so they wont lie to you.

Brickseek has been incredibly WRONG with the 14 inch HP laptop. I have seen stores show 6+ on brickseek have only the display model. Brickseek say they have 3-4 and they have ZERO. Even show 0 on another stock tracker. So they likely arent lying to you. As a former retail employee, most of them couldnt give a shit less, so they wont lie to you.
Thanks, SaberMatrix. It's possible that he wasn't lying. All I know for sure is that I didn't come home with a new laptop.

My walmart had some of the 3 cent Trines and I picked up 2 of them no problem. Actually oddly(?) enough they were in the PC glass case and had a price tag in their spot that even said 3 cents.

Semi-related but I finally gave up waiting for Destiny 2 to hit 3 cents (despite it hitting 3 cents in all my neighboring counties) and just bought all of them my store had at $1.96 per, got 16 in total. Even if the PS+ codes don't work out for some reason I needed cases, been having bad luck with gamestop lately. Tons of my games have been in those ugly generic black cases.
Does each copy of Destiny 2 have a PS+ trail code?

Well from what I understand, what you see displayed on Brickseek is derived from Walmart's inventory data so their own system is often notoriously inaccurate and their procedures for handling inventory are likely quite sloppy.

Some people are understandably misled when they see someone performing a 'loss prevention' role standing at the exit to keep an eye on things. They purposely do it in such a way as to put the idea or suggestion out there as if they have some level of authority that they don't. The bottom line is once you've paid for something it's your property, period, regardless of what the price was and the receipt checker doorperson has no right to do anything about it. As someone else pointed out previously, you don't have to show them anything if you don't want to.

If they have a problem with 3 cent games being sold and going out the door then maybe they should do a better job training their staff and managing their inventory. Or here's an idea: don't make items that are supposed to have been pulled for salvage 3 cents to begin with so no one will try to buy them. This has been going on for years. What is that saying about the definition of insanity?

Thanks for posting the info, managed to nab a copy of Trine Collection and Farming Sim 17 for 3 cents each.

A couple of additional games I noticed at clearance prices (YMMV):

(PC) Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - $0.03 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=171417859

(PC) Quantum Break - $5.00 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54902115

(PC) Recore Definitive Edition - $7.00 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=285840441

(PC) theHunter: Call of the Wild - $0.03 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=873437052

(PC) Titanfall 1 - $3.00 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=28201242

Most of the prices were updated and instead of being piled a messy clearance bin, the games were arranged neatly on a shelf near the laptops. A few of the games were not updated and just in the regular PC game section. I had no trouble checking out, although the cashier did do a double take when the games rang up as 3 cents.

The only businesses that legally can stop you and receipt check are paid membership warehouses like Costco. It's part of their TOS that you agree to as a member.

How is quantum break on pc? Is the steam game cross play on xbox?

What is consider the best forza in the series? Debating on horizon 4 or motorsport 7 or consider everyone else feedback. Looking for single player and co-op online/offline.

Anyone pick up extra copy star fox 64?
Got the trine pc game if anyone intrested.

bread's done
Back