Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If people want to flip or resell these games for less than MSRP, more power to them. If they do the legwork I suppose they've earned the profit. I'm too lazy to buy up games and sell them at less than RRP (also I have a job). Scalpers on the the other hand, the people that are price gouging are where I draw the line and take issue as they are artificially inflating the cost of the product (i.e. PS5/XSX sports cards etc.).
lol if anything they should be giving them away to trick or treaters.

LOL one guy's story of dominating the life of a shady wal-mart employee:

I hit a store right before close. I looked in the game cases and only saw 1 copy of Balan. Electronics guy was nowhere to be found. Since I had extra time to kill, I looked pretty hard. And guess what that extra time let me find? I had the guy covering electronics open the case and move two racing wheels out of the way...and found the motherload that another ****head employee was hiding. They were laying on the spine side with the cover facing inward, no way was that accidental behind the wheels completely out of sight. I only saw them because I used my phone flashlight and it reflected off the edge of the farthest back game plastic. Took the whole lot of 24 games just to irk the stasher. The guy who helped me was super nice and patient with me, I'd even say above and beyond. Once he realized the prices, he seemed bummed he didn't find them. I asked if he would have bought any. He replied "I would have loved one copy of Nioh 2 for that price, but it's all good." I offered to leave one for him. He declined. I rang one up separately and paid for it. He was thrilled when I handed the game and receipt to him and told him to keep it. I did that because I know how Walmart is and he probably would have been in trouble if someone asked and he didn't have the receipt.

As I'm walking away from the electronics register with them all in my cart, I figured out who hid them because the little punk kid who just clocked out looked at my cart as I walked by. After about another 10 steps I turn around and he's still stopped staring at me. He quickly walked over to the case and that's when I heard him start cussing.

That look and reaction was worth the entire hunt.

I complain in both quite often. And it's not as much of a complaint as it is voicing my opinion on how resellers and scalpers are scumbags.

You don't have to brag about your hauls and how much you resell for. People who do that open themselves up to criticism for being shitbags who prey on other consumers. Thinking you can say whatever you want and be impervious to criticism over it is a big issue these days. People need to start growing up and accepting that consequences are tied to their actions.

I'm not mad at people who resell and flip, but I do have an opinion about them. And I get to voice that opinion as part of the same set of freedoms that allowed them to buy out a store and then brag about it to strangers for some unknown reason. This post is to hopefully help folks understand that you don't need to get upset and fight over other people's opinions. There will always be people who don't agree with what you do, and that's perfectly okay.

"$45 an hour, still working from home and taking naps in the afternoon" Blade, signing off.
You're a raging, insecure, keyboard warrior that lives with his mom. Who you trying to fool dork?

There are differently levels of douchebaggery in all this though.  The wal-mart employee that hides the games to purchase them when they are off shift being the biggest douche of them all.

Hmm.

Yesterday, I checked my local Walmart -- they had Balan Wonderworld and Puyo Tetris for the Switch in stock. Brickseek showed both at $4 at the store, but the electronics register doing a price checked showed them at full price.

I stopped by again today when picking something up, and took one more look -- Tetris was gone, but Balan was there. This time, it rang up for $4 instead of the $30 it was yesterday.

Odd.
I’ll check the store I was at yesterday to see if the price has dropped for Yakuza and Immortals (PS4). I was going to buy them yesterday but they came up full price. So I had to pass. The guy in electronics was annoyed when I said I didn’t want them and it’s understandable. He really looks and sounds like he’s overworked and demanding and reneging (me) customers don’t help. I’ll ask for a price check on The Pathless and NBA 2K21 for PS5 as well.

So years of criticizing others on here while bragging about how much you make, this time actually telling us. News flash... we don't care. Seems that you forgot you logged onto Cheapassgamer. Maybe stay logged off for good and look for another job that pays more. Because I guarantee there's people on here that make more without being a douchebag about it.
Hey man, someone pays this person $45 an hour to be an ass, we're getting it for free. Something to be said for that!

I’ll check the store I was at yesterday to see if the price has dropped for Yakuza and Immortals (PS4). I was going to buy them yesterday but they came up full price. So I had to pass. The guy in electronics was annoyed when I said I didn’t want them and it’s understandable. He really looks and sounds like he’s overworked and demanding and reneging (me) customers don’t help. I’ll ask for a price check on The Pathless and NBA 2K21 for PS5 as well.
With big clearances like this I usually print out a upc sheet and find a price checker. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

Has anyone else been able to find Persona 5 Strikers on clearance? My local store had some copies, but they rang up full price so I'm hoping they clearance out in the next few days
One of my local stores has :ps4: Persona 5 Strikers for $20. Doesn't look like a standard clearance item like the other titles.

It looks like 1 or 2 stores a day in my area has dropped their prices so just keep checking. But also know what stores are going to be a dick about selling them period

With big clearances like this I usually print out a upc sheet and find a price checker. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

Majority of stores no longer have price checkers. The only way you could check is at a self check out maybe.
The price checkers in stores where l live seem to have disappeared when stores were remodeled or had layout changes. The games are in the locked cases so maybe the only way to try self checkout is handing them off to another employee to take them up front. It's gonna be a hassle for the employee in electronics and myself. Still worth trying though.

Just got back from my local.  The price drops finally hit it so it was pretty much untouched.  Was able to nab the following,

2x Nioh Collection (Ps5)

1x Ps5 & 1x Ps4 Immortals Fenyx Rising

2x Balan Wonderworld (Ps4)

2x Death Stranding (Ps4)

The only thing I Struck Out on was Persona Strikers

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

It ran up at full.  Eh can't win em all.

Left the rest of the load for another weary soul to find.  The only thing that didn't have at least 4x+ copies left was the lone copy of Nioh.  What I find funny the massive amount of Death Stranding that has been missing forever up til now just appeared.

Will be looking to trade the extras for anything I couldn't find.  Definately interested in a Yakuza Like a Dragon steelbook copy if anyone has an extra.

The price checkers in stores where l live seem to have disappeared when stores were remodeled or had layout changes. The games are in the locked cases so maybe the only way to try self checkout is handing them off to another employee to take them up front. It's gonna be a hassle for the employee in electronics and myself. Still worth trying though.
Thats how my situation is too. I've tried asking 2 different employees if they have the actual scanner yet they just use their phone which doesnt show the actual in store price. Since it seems some stores have gotten the new updated clearance prices i may try again but this time guess I'll have to ask them to bring it up to the register to see the actual in store price.

Thats how my situation is too. I've tried asking 2 different employees if they have the actual scanner yet they just use their phone which doesnt show the actual in store price. Since it seems some stores have gotten the new updated clearance prices i may try again but this time guess I'll have to ask them to bring it up to the register to see the actual in store price.
What’s interesting is when I went this morning the employee checked prices with the phone and it absolutely reflected clearance prices

What’s interesting is when I went this morning the employee checked prices with the phone and it absolutely reflected clearance prices
Weird. Im going to try later today but I already know something is up with them checking on their phones because the first time i was told $32 for yakuza and the next day i asked a different person to scan and she said it was 39.

Same. Two games weren’t showing on BS at one store, had an employee check and it registered clearance on their phone.

Found stores with multiple copies of each game. The only thing I didn’t see was Strikers and Last Laugh. One employee kept insisting on talking to the manager, but couldn’t reach them on their device. So they went ahead and sold it “hoping” it wasn’t “part of their Black Friday merch”

Tried the same store I was at yesterday and had NBA 2K21 (PS5) and Monster Supercross 4 (PS4) price checked. Again both games came up full price at $20 and $30 respectively. This was a different employee and she used her phone to check the prices. Given what happened last time I wasn’t gonna push for a check at the register. Gonna check three nearby stores tomorrow and if nothing I want pops up I’m done looking.

Edit: typo

Welp. When I went up to check all the games that shoulda been clearanced were wiped out so either they went ahead and packed em up or someone cleaned em out. There had to have been at least 8 copies of the pathless and immortals along with DMC and death stranding and all of those were gone.

Went in this morning to buy more candy to hand out since the family decided to randomly demolish previously bought candy and found these. Surprised. They had a few PS5 games left them since we don't have one. Still out there if you're lucky.
[attachment=36281:20211031_222250.jpg]

I've been trying to see if the subnautica switch game is on clearance anywhere, but naturally it comes up as nothing found in stock.

Went into WM this morning. Had copies of literally everything mentioned in the thread. Took a few copies to checkout. All regular price. Asked electronics employee when the do pricing updates and she says “whenever they can. To be honest with you when we see those markdowns, they usually get snatched up by associates. You gotta be here early.” Soooo this clearly happens. 

Checked around noon on brickseek. Reg price. Checked at 3. Reg price. Checked at 6. All marked down. Hustled over there and grabbed a couple copies of just about everything.

PS5: Puyo Tetris, nba2k1, immortals, nioh collection, motocross racing, patlhess, planet coaster DMC special edition

PS4: yakuza, balan, death stranding, nioh 2, lost legacy

Left at least 3-4 copies of everything in the case. Belle Isle OKC. 

If anyone has an extra copy of PS4 Yakuza Like A Dragon and PS4 Death Stranding, I'd love to get them to add to my collection. LMK.

I've been trying to see if the subnautica switch game is on clearance anywhere, but naturally it comes up as nothing found in stock.
I picked up a copy for $25 last Wednesday but the store I got it at had recently been remodeled so I don't think it was part of a nationwide clearance. Obviously not as much of a discount as the other recent drops but I'd never seen it for less than $45 so I thought it was still a pretty good deal.

Classic Walmart hiding product in the back the moment they get too cheap.

Also

I step away from CAG for two weeks and have this happen.

Mamma mia!

The Walmart 2 miles away from me FINALLY lowered their prices within the last 24 hours, and I noticed that the quantities were down (with some being listed as sold out) so I thought the local flipper/hoarder may have got to them already.  Luckily the store still had everything I wanted in stock, including the sold out items on Brickseek (turns out when only one copy is left Brickseek will show sold out).  Also, big thanks to the person that got their ahead of me and only bought one copy of each they wanted - good karma to you my friend.

Picked up:

PS5:

Nioh Collection - $7

Devil May Cry 5 SE - $3.50

The Pathless - $4

Monster Energy Supercross 4 - $3

Immortals: Fenyx Rising - $4

Switch:

Indivisible - $3.50

Balan Wonderworld - $4

Promptly canceled the $14.99 copy of Immortals I ordered from BBY this morning.

Only one I wanted but couldn't find was Planet Coaster (PS5). 

Tried one of my local Walmarts that showed stocked but to no avail. Oh well, I always seem to miss out on the goods lately. Lol

If it's the only one you found, it may be pretty risky. I bought a 4tb hard drive a few years ago that was around 70 bucks. It was the last one and it turned out to be a dud. But I mean, you can always return it.

If it's the only one you found, it may be pretty risky. I bought a 4tb hard drive a few years ago that was around 70 bucks. It was the last one and it turned out to be a dud. But I mean, you can always return it.
Well there were actually 2, they had a couple of the 4tb also. Kinda hidden.

Well I got my game plan in order when checking a couple of different stores today. Copied and pasted the barcodes of the games I want to look for from BS. Once I head to electronics I'll ask the employee to scan each one, hopefully it will save some time and hassle this way. Hoping for the best!

Bah mine said that they finally lowered them but I didn't see a single Yakuza or anything else. Section was quite well organized and everything that was on the bottom with the cover art facing out for a change.

bread's done
Back