Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4) dropped to $15 near me today. I've been keeping an eye on it ever since I read someone found it for cheap.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=748375126
brickseek is odd lately. Most of the new round of drop games show back at MSRP across all stores, yet they ring up the new clearance price still. P5S is still showing MSRP across the board too, so there's no way to check if it actually dropped at any store.

Seagate 2TB Portable Game Drive finally dropped to $45 at my store: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=564685300

Can be as low as $23.80, but mostly oos by now. BS said oos at my store, but I knew they had one since I've been checking on it. $45 for 2TB 3.0 is a decent deal.
I was in a store 25 mins away from me the other day and I swear they had them, brickseek says oos at said store for $21.25. might check it out tomorrow

I was in the LA area so I decided to go a little bit out of my way to a Walmart that brickseek showed a lot of the games here on clearance at the store. I get there and it's the nicest Walmart I've ever seen so I don't have a good feeling about it. Sure enough I go in and the guy tells me all the games are on the floor and I asked for a couple of them and he says certain games are showing up as available but they are being put away for Black Friday. I know it's BS but what am I supposed to do? Anyway, the only game they did have was Jumanji for Xbox and I have no interest in that. Oh well. They had one Hitman 3 for Playstation 4 for 29.87. I checked both skus on brickseek and it showed no search results so if you want Hitman 3 for thirty bucks maybe it's at your local Walmart.

So I searched for a couple of other games that might be at another Walmart on the way home and brickseek shows all of them no results now. I did a search for them before like 20 minutes ago and they were showing up. Did Walmart finally clear them all out?

I was in the LA area so I decided to go a little bit out of my way to a Walmart that brickseek showed a lot of the games here on clearance at the store. I get there and it's the nicest Walmart I've ever seen so I don't have a good feeling about it. Sure enough I go in and the guy tells me all the games are on the floor and I asked for a couple of them and he says certain games are showing up as available but they are being put away for Black Friday. I know it's BS but what am I supposed to do? Anyway, the only game they did have was Jumanji for Xbox and I have no interest in that. Oh well. They had one Hitman 3 for Playstation 4 for 29.87. I checked both skus on brickseek and it showed no search results so if you want Hitman 3 for thirty bucks maybe it's at your local Walmart.

So I searched for a couple of other games that might be at another Walmart on the way home and brickseek shows all of them no results now. I did a search for them before like 20 minutes ago and they were showing up. Did Walmart finally clear them all out?
brickseek is wonky like that, it did that for me yesterday but worked for me an hour ago. now its back to showing no results

It's temporarily down. Check back in an hour or so and it should be back up.
That's what going on with the site, thought there was a limit for none memebers. Cause when I was searching for just different products it most times took me to a screen with no info.

Managed to snag a few more today, but not the ones I am looking for, so now (willing to consider trades for any combination of these toward my "want" list):

I have:

PS4

• Yakuza Like a Dragon (non steelbook)
  • Balan Wonderworld

PS5

• Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • Monster Energy Supermotocross 4 
Xbox Series X

• Madden NFL NXT LVL Edition
Still looking to trade for:

PS5

• Nioh Collection
  • DMC5 SE

I heard it was working correctly now and I tried it earlier and it was working for me
i tried it yesterday and it works...on everything except clearance. seems like shelf tags work all the time, actual upc on items is about 75% as long as they are on a planogram somewhere. the clearance stuff just tells me they found the item but they don't sell it.

I've just been using Brickseek as a price reference, I don't even pay attention to the quantity anymore as it's usually off.  If I see something I want at a price I like at a store I'll be near I check it out.  Most all the clearance stuff I've picked up over the past week has shown out of stock.

Found some more stuff the past couple days. 

Grabbed Puyo Puyo Tetris 2  :ps4:  $4 

Switch Zelda Retro wired controller $9.45

For some reason clearance has hung around much longer than usual at a few stores.  Normally someone comes in and cleans out everything first day.  Still copies Immortals and Pathless sitting on the shelves.

Another store that refuses to update clearance has a ton of stuff I'd love to have.  Been watching one game in particular waiting for the next drop since September ... 2020.  Went ahead and had a clerk check the price expecting it to be pennied by now but it was still at the tagged price over a year later.

Man, i really want to grab Nioh collection(well Nioh 1 specificlly sinc ei have nioh 2) and DMC5 se and Fenyx.  I only manage to find copy of Lost legacy.  I am at chicago area, anyone know where that haven;t been clear out yet? Or got games for sale?

Checked my local WMs on brickseek at 7am and one said 6+ copies of the clearanced PS5 games and a few switch games. Went at 8pm after a 12 hour shift hoping to get some games for me and my son and saw ThatOneGuyWhoResells walk out with at least 50 games as I was walking in. Checked if he left any and of course, nope.

Literally had to hold back tears as I walked out with nothing.

Checked my local WMs on brickseek at 7am and one said 6+ copies of the clearanced PS5 games and a few switch games. Went at 8pm after a 12 hour shift hoping to get some games for me and my son and saw ThatOneGuyWhoResells walk out with at least 50 games as I was walking in. Checked if he left any and of course, nope.

You can't EVER go there expecting to get what you are looking for. Especially when you didn't get there right when it opened. Let's just hope the guy that took everything needed the money. Today, I went about 6 miles out of the way to a Walmart that showed games I wanted in stock. I went there and the guy told me those games are being held for Black Friday and they are in the back. So I was at a Walmart with the games and couldn't buy them. Is that worse than seeing someone else being greedy and getting there before me? I don't know but both you and I walked out of Walmart today with nothing. I went there knowing that I might not get any games though. It's always a risk and never guaranteed. I have Nioh 2 PS4 and Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS5. I can send you them at cost plus shipping if you want. I am trying to trade them for games I wasn't able to get but that's the best I can do for you.

All I wanted was Tetris on the PS5, and someone cleared stock first day on everything. I know the early bird gets the worm. But jesus, the resellers here are strong. I'm near Chicago btw. smh. I basically given up on getting any clearance stuff in the past few years.

Is this ymmv or national like the clearance games? I ask because brickseek has been showing the clearance games as MSRP now. Oddworld PS5 shows as $41.88 everywhere, no matter the zip code I input, while it's $30 new on amazon.

A lot of this stuff is now sub $15 shipped due to the "race to the bottom" that a nationwide clearance causes. I know $15 > $4 but $9 or $10 isn't worth crying about.

went to a store today that brickseek said had almost everything ps5 wise. employee said they(ps5 titles) were specifically for black friday. did get super luckys tale and balan wonderworld switch though along with a couple of the $2 ps4 horizon and lost legacy

You can't EVER go there expecting to get what you are looking for. Especially when you didn't get there right when it opened. Let's just hope the guy that took everything needed the money. Today, I went about 6 miles out of the way to a Walmart that showed games I wanted in stock. I went there and the guy told me those games are being held for Black Friday and they are in the back. So I was at a Walmart with the games and couldn't buy them. Is that worse than seeing someone else being greedy and getting there before me? I don't know but both you and I walked out of Walmart today with nothing. I went there knowing that I might not get any games though. It's always a risk and never guaranteed. I have Nioh 2 PS4 and Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS5. I can send you them at cost plus shipping if you want. I am trying to trade them for games I wasn't able to get but that's the best I can do for you.
That's got to be an employee lying or being a Jr. Detective as by the time Black Friday hits those games will ring up as $.03 and supposed to be shipped back to corporate.

Oh it is definitely BS but I mean am I supposed to complain to the manager? If they don't want to sell me the games, unless I threatened to hurt them or something, I'm not going to get them.

Yeah, only store locally that shows any stock is renovating.  Their section itself is practically empty(like 5 xbox games in the entire section, 3 ps5 games and maybe 7 ps4 games).  The employees just say that everything they have is out in section, but you can physically see games in the cages behind them.  haha, definitely reorganizing and dont want to go digging through the stacks in the cages.

went to a store today that brickseek said had almost everything ps5 wise. employee said they(ps5 titles) were specifically for black friday. did get super luckys tale and balan wonderworld switch though along with a couple of the $2 ps4 horizon and lost legacy
Interesting. Only one of the many Walmarts in my area seems to be like this - clearanced out the PS4 games for $2-$4 but PS5 games are still full price. Every other store clearanced everything.

and by Black Friday he means 'himself' !

Not sure how other walmarts are but the ones around here have "value" sections beside the glass cases for games that are $20 and under. Every game they put in those spots were marked down at my store. Not yellow sticker clearance, but the uh rollback sticker I think it is?

Not exactly clearance but figured I'd bring it up since looking at brickseek it seems to be the case for all the stores in my general area. For example Katamari Damacy PS4 was $15 a few days ago and now it's $12.88. FF12 on the Xbox has been $10 for months and is now $7.88 at all the stores around me.

Not sure how other walmarts are but the ones around here have "value" sections beside the glass cases for games that are $20 and under. Every game they put in those spots were marked down at my store. Not yellow sticker clearance, but the uh rollback sticker I think it is?

Not exactly clearance but figured I'd bring it up since looking at brickseek it seems to be the case for all the stores in my general area. For example Katamari Damacy PS4 was $15 a few days ago and now it's $12.88. FF12 on the Xbox has been $10 for months and is now $7.88 at all the stores around me.
All 4 of my Wal-Mart's are shit except the 5th one right outside of my city. Southside had the place like fortnox because of all the crime. The ps glass case been broken for like a year and all the games are in a locked cabinet behind desk. Was told all the new games are there while the old stuff is in a box in back where they wont check. Other walmart one guy might be resaling going by another employee. Those 2 shows stocked but the other 2 just seems normal but no clearance. The 5th seems like the best for these clearances with the full cabinet of games unlike the ones in my city but is 9 miles which aont that bad.

Posted this in SlickDeals got no responses. Trying my luck here.

Got extra copies of these.
Must be in Southern CA.

Switch
Balan
Puyo Tetris 2
New Lucky

PS5
Nioh Collection

PS4
Death Stranding
Balan
Immortals

Looking for
Indivisible Switch
Pathless PS5
DMC 5 PS5
Yakuza LAD PS4
Uncharted LL PS4

Turned $48 worth of games into $217 in credit. Walmart was 5 min away and the 2 GameStops I went to were 5 min away and 15 min away. I’d say it was worth it. Got lucky this time. I usually don’t

if you are the cag who spent like 5 min on his phone in front of the switch case in this walmart
ask the lady in electronics, they are in the process of either marking them down or sending them away. i asked and bought one of each, plenty left
I'm just now able to post, but I saw this a few days ago and the timing of this post was incredibly close to when I had just left a Walmart after spending a good amount of time on my phone in front of the cases. :O This wasn't in the upstate SC area, was it?

Managed to get another $4 game at the same Wally World I bought the wireless Zelda Switch controller at:

Madden NFL 21 Next Level Edition for Series X.

Today I got the non-steelbook copy of Yakuza Like a Dragon PS4 that I traded The Show 21 steelbook edition for from galvatron2k1. I saw some games locked in the cages behind the register but didn’t ask about any of the other games I was looking for.

Yeah I’m realizing that lol. I did nothing illegal. No reason for me to hide anything
5t1mgi.jpg

The store I went to earlier in the week that had everything at full price dropped the prices yesterday around 5pm according to brickseek.  I've been checking brickseek since I went there two days ago ever couple of hours.  Even games that were not showing available popped up in stock at the clearance price.  I got everything I wanted for the first time in years during a Walmart clearance.

4 tb seagate portable hdd for xbox, 50 bones
076364908789[attachment=36300:F1471AA6-25C4-4EA5-AE53-2599D6BABD3C.jpeg][attachment=36301:98C98297-96F3-4C79-8EBF-F9FE6EDE9560.jpeg]

bread's done
Back