Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why the hell nothing isnt showing on brickseek for tales but I go in the store and it scans for $37 on walmart app.
The app just shows you the price on the walmart website now. They killed the price scanning feature in the app to lock it behind walmart+ iirc, though I would never pay for + so I have no idea if it actually works properly there. Maybe someone else does.

But I will put it like this to get the point across: I bought Transformers Battlegrounds (PS4) on clearance today for $8 at my walmart. If I scan the barcode with the app it shows up for $26.00. If you check the price on the walmart website it shows up for $26.00. I paid $8 for it I assure you.

Same concept with Tales, if you go to the walmart website it'll show PS4 and PS5 copies are $37 and some change. If I scan the barcode of my own copy of Tales it shows up for $37. The game is not $37 at my store though, it's normal priced.

The app just shows you the price on the walmart website now. They killed the price scanning feature in the app to lock it behind walmart+ iirc, though I would never pay for + so I have no idea if it actually works properly there. Maybe someone else does.

But I will put it like this to get the point across: I bought Transformers Battlegrounds (PS4) on clearance today for $8 at my walmart. If I scan the barcode with the app it shows up for $26.00. If you check the price on the walmart website it shows up for $26.00. I paid $8 for it I assure you.

Same concept with Tales, if you go to the walmart website it'll show PS4 and PS5 copies are $37 and some change. If I scan the barcode of my own copy of Tales it shows up for $37. The game is not $37 at my store though, it's normal priced.
thought someone said they fixed it or something and used it to scan. I shouldve had them scan the tales game it wasnt in the glass case it was sitting on the rack. As well as scarlet nexus it has no price tag anywhere for it.

I get it they ment the scanner on brickseek, which when I click on it it does nothing I thought it was just for show or something. I was using the wrong scanner then.
Edit
The website scanner doesnt work, I had to download the brickseek app. So does the scanner inside target show the clearance price?

My sister pays for walmart plus for grocery delivery and I have free access to her account. Anything specific I would need to do to confirm if the app is working as it should with WM+? I just pull up my phone and hit the barcode scan button...it seems...spotty? I get a lot of errors that "we can't find this item" but it does seem to be mostly accurate when it does scan

At my "honey hole" walmart ~3 weeks ago or so now I was quickly scanning a few of the games as I was sifting through them so the guy didn't have to price check every one at the register and I know like DMC 5 and one other came up the correct low prices. But again those are, at this point, very old clearance prices that have been in the system for awhile. 

Edit : about 4-5 weeks ago now when I found Nioh collection and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (switch) at a different Walmart they also rang up on the app correctly as the discount prices. 

Just another quick note...there appears to be like 2-3 different locations where you can pull up the price scanner. If you hit the barcode button next to the search bar, I would think that is probably just giving you the walmart.com info.

Under "services" on the app there is a section that says "store tools" - "Check a price" I believe this is also the scanner that comes up when the app sees that you're in a store and pulls up on the main page. With walmart plus I do have the option to "Scan and go" which I would think would be an even more direct link to the store's pricing, but the one time I tried it, it told me it would not work at that location.

I don't have +, the other day I scanned something and it said $8.88 on the app, took to buy and it rang up $12.88.  Asked if I could match and they said no they don't match their website.  What a waste.

I had a pretty crappy experience trying to exchange my switch lite at Walmart (left joystick started screwing up - not drift, deadzones and not being responsive) even though it was less than a month after they came out. Had to wait the ~2 weeks to get it back from Nintendo. They were adamant that it had "an internal memory" so they couldn't exchange it after 15 days. Talked to several different employees

Yet sometimes you get really friendly employees/or people who don't care and you have no issues with whatever you're trying to do as long as its semi legitimate. 

I don't have +, the other day I scanned something and it said $8.88 on the app, took to buy and it rang up $12.88. Asked if I could match and they said no they don't match their website. What a waste.
Walmart needs to get their shit in order. I was told before by multiple employees they only match their website.

I don't have +, the other day I scanned something and it said $8.88 on the app, took to buy and it rang up $12.88. Asked if I could match and they said no they don't match their website. What a waste.
They should match it IF and only IF the seller is Walmart.com. They won't match third parties. I've had no issues with this in electronics on games.

So you need walmart plus app to see the hidden clearance prices?
No, as I've personally checked clearance prices via the app in-store and from my house without Walmart+. It is odd though, as some stores simply won't display any pricing for certain games, while other stores show clearance pricing for the same game without issues.

As of a few weeks ago, you need to be in the store to check the in-store prices (or possibly pay for WM+) those of you with Android devices may have a way of spoofing your GPS location via dev tools...

As of a few weeks ago, you need to be in the store to check the in-store prices (or possibly pay for WM+) those of you with Android devices may have a way of spoofing your GPS location via dev tools...
I use the "Fake GPS Location" app from the Play Store, works like a charm! 😉

Stopped at walmart on my way home from work for some random crap. Checked the games. Anything that "might" have been on sale came up as "we can't find this item right now" tales of arise ps5 was 37.50. Thats really the only game that scanned properly

A lot of games were lying in the bottom of the case and not accessible. My deal senses weren't tingling and the crew that was working electronics is their 4th string in terms of helpful employees so I didn't bother.

Didn't try scan and go though I could/should have

Stopped by a Walmart in an area I don’t frequent. They didn’t ring a copy of immortals, so I got it for free. Good thing I found out before leaving the area I took it back in

This was one of those random one-off clearances but I found Dragon Quest XI :switch: for $20. First time I've ever seen it discounted at all I think so I took it

One store somewhere around me roughly an hour away was showing it out of stock @ 20$ So it does seem to be a game that gets hit with random markdowns. Not worth the ride for a "maybe" though IMO 

Are you going to play balan? It's one of the worst reviewed games of last year. It's just not a good game. Let GS have it.
Yes. I got it for a few bucks so it's worth a shot. Wish I could have found it for PS5 though I don't believe walmart carried that version.

Yes. I got it for a few bucks so it's worth a shot. Wish I could have found it for PS5 though I don't believe walmart carried that version.
I got it day one. And I gave it to relatives under 8 because they may not think it sucks that bad. it's a reason you can still find this game months after clearance, no one wants it. This is a bad game that you can use to get a good one. I will willingly help others in this thread get games they can't find. You can find this one.

I got it day one. And I gave it to relatives under 8 because they may not think it sucks that bad. it's a reason you can still find this game months after clearance, no one wants it. This is a bad game that you can use to get a good one. I will willingly help others in this thread get games they can't find. You can find this one.
Balan actually sold out in my area when it went on clearance at walmart. I was surprised.

Balan actually sold out in my area when it went on clearance at walmart. I was surprised.
The store closest to me only 3 copies of each version (except of Xbox version. I don't think they ever had that one like the Ps5 version). Balan lasted there around a month with other the games raided after a few days. The other stores had 20+ copies.

I put in a curbside order for FF intergrade. I already have the ps4 version and the game on plus but not the dlc. It was the last copy so we shall see if Walmart comes through. It will probably be canceled or the ps4 version knowing my local Walmart. Defiantly gotta be a price mistake.

Hm. Too good to pass up. This game is on my list, played the demo back when the original version came out.... even though since I bought a ps5 I've been buying games left and right and haven't had a chance to play half of them lol.

I did actually just (Finally) beat the original FF VII as well within the past year or two. Got the switch FF7/8 doublepack. Though I feel like the game itself has not aged extremely well, the story and settings were very unique/interesting compared to other entries.

I'm giving ordering it a shot. I'll update this post with results. I added this to a grocery delivery order that my sister had going on her walmart+ account. FWIW I noticed the ps4 version also dropped to $2

Edit : if anyone bothers to read this. No issues getting a copy delivered the next day after the deal went up alongside some groceries. 20$ aint bad at all for a sealed ffvii ps5

The ps5 version sold out but the ps4 version is still discounted. I ordered the ps5 version a few hours ago and it was already delivered.

I'll still update my original post if I get my copy, but mine is still sitting to be delivered tomorrow with a grocery order at 19.99

If you go to walmart.com its showing full price - 69.99. Ps4 still 19.99

I haven't been able to find an extra match on Brickseek but my local Walmart had the HyperX Cloud Alpha S (the Blackout version) for PS4/PC discounted for $30. Anyone looking for a decent gaming headset should get some use out of it...

This is CAG, not slickdeals. People should be here to help find deals, not to flip for profit.
Sadly I can't even find Balan at any of the five Walmarts I went to. I just wanted a single copy to play, but because of the flippers that won't be happening.

Sadly I can't even find Balan at any of the five Walmarts I went to. I just wanted a single copy to play, but because of the flippers that won't be happening.
Currently $12-$15 on Amazon for PS4 and PS5. https://www.amazon.com/Balan-Wonderworld-PlayStation-5/dp/B08JF17KF5

$14 used PS5 at GameStop. https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/products/balan-wonderworld---playstation-5/248962.html

$10 used PS4 on GameFly. https://www.gamefly.com/game/balan-wonderworld/5025763

Not to mention the game has been on sale since it launched last year.

With the amount of money you make an hour and the amount of time you took to type those two sentences, you could easily have made enough to afford msrp, kiddo. But yeah, cry about flippers because that’s what Real Investors (TM) like you worry about

With the amount of money you make an hour and the amount of time you took to type those two sentences, you could easily have made enough to afford msrp, kiddo. But yeah, cry about flippers because that’s what Real Investors (TM) like you worry about
people can make decent money and still be cheap as hell!

bread's done
Back