Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That's happened at mine before. Mine is still selling Xenoblade Chronicles now at full when I picked it up for $10 from the same store a year & half ago.
My local store does that with old stock, they had Wii U stuff at $10 for a year, then bumped them all back up to $50. This is different though, I bought all the $10 games they had, and 2 weeks later, they restocked quite a few of the same titles at $20-$30. It's almost like the system said hey, we sold 2-3 copies of these games in 1 day, let's order more of them.

For anyone that still uses thumb drives, this is not too bad at a reduced regular price.  However, I did see an empty peg at the local store with this on clearance at $5.00.

SanDisk 256GB Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 130MB/s - SDCZ48-256G-AW4 - Walmart.com

**EDIT**

Well, looks like it was too good of a deal.  Currently out of stock.

I was able to get an order in for pick-up after a few tries.  Might need to be persistent if you want one.

While I'm all for Nintendo making sequels to otherwise abandoned games, I'm still pissed it resulted in the first two getting pulled from Steam.
Yeah you can blame Nintendo for a lot of things but that’s not it Activision’s license ran out that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you can blame Nintendo for a lot of things but that’s not it Activision’s license ran out that’s it.

While I'm sure that's generally true, unlike all the other games Activision has delisted they were removed without warning and without a final major sale; and it almost exactly coincided with Nintendo acquiring the license. My impression was that Nintendo had just bought the license entirely, or maybe it was just sour grapes from Activision, but either way, the end result was the same and I'm hardly the only one that would have bought them (on sale) given prior notice.

Of course the entire delisting/licensing thing is bullshit in general and I wouldn't feel the least bit of moral remorse pirating them at this point if I really wanted to play them.

While I'm sure that's generally true, unlike all the other games Activision has delisted they were removed without warning and without a final major sale; and it almost exactly coincided with Nintendo acquiring the license. My impression was that Nintendo had just bought the license entirely, or maybe it was just sour grapes from Activision, but either way, the end result was the same and I'm hardly the only one that would have bought them (on sale) given prior notice.

Of course the entire delisting/licensing thing is bullshit in general and I wouldn't feel the least bit of moral remorse pirating them at this point if I really wanted to play them.
I don’t know about Xbox and steam but I picked it up on PSN on sale before it left so it was known.

I don’t know about Xbox and steam but I picked it up on PSN on sale before it left so it was known.

I believe it wasn't officially known, but it was rumored or there was speculation it was about to get delisted. It's why I bought the MUA 1+2 pack on Steam just before it did end up getting delisted (I believe it was on sale at the time too).

That's pretty much how it goes with the Marvel licensed stuff in general.  Like the various Capcom Marvel fighting games that were pulled during the PS3/Vita/360 days.  The license expired... the games were pulled for new purchases.

That's pretty much how it goes with the Marvel licensed stuff in general. Like the various Capcom Marvel fighting games that were pulled during the PS3/Vita/360 days. The license expired... the games were pulled for new purchases.
Likewise for Transformers for example. Sadly, some good games have gotten lost and resigned to oblivion because of it.

The whole limited time licensing thing for already existing products is incredibly stupid; it's not like gaming companies pay their developers residuals on sales. They can't stop physical media from being sold and resold (and yes, I know they've tried) and they shouldn't be able to stop digital media either.

The Witcher PS5 is 19.00 and Pga Tour 23 for ps4 is $9. I saw it in multiple wal-marts

Is this the ‘gold’ all dlc version or plain copy?

i don't think the ps5 got a "plain" version

thank you. I presumed that as well.
Correct; the XBox Series X and PS5 physical copies are the ported Complete Editions with I guess the 4.0 version on the disk so all DLC, but no physical extras inside like in previous retail releases.

Remember also that Complete Editions of Witcher 3 on console use different save files than the vanilla non-complete edition PS4/XB1 copies.

Actually Activision got the licenses back for a year and released digital copies of MUA 1&2 with all DLC and physical/digital copies of Deadpool for PS4/XB1 before the Marvel license ran out for a 2nd and final time.

Correct; the XBox Series X and PS5 physical copies are the ported Complete Editions with I guess the 4.0 version on the disk so all DLC, but no physical extras inside like in previous retail releases.

Remember also that Complete Editions of Witcher 3 on console use different save files than the vanilla non-complete edition PS4/XB1 copies.
For Nintendo Switch as well the only physical version was the Complete Edition. Similarly, the original print run was a thicker 'big box' copy that had a rather nice presentation with some neat extras in the box (something you don't see much anymore these days), but the latest print is just a standard Switch case with what looks to be probably just the cart in it.

My store actually updated prices on quite a few new items, I don’t remember them all. Some former clearances were reduced further too

Forspoken $12.50
FF VII Crisis Core PS4 $25

$10
Sackboy PS5
F1 22 PS4
Aliens Fireteam PS5
RE Village PS5
Crash Team Racing PS4
MLB 22 PS5
Riders Republic PS5

They are certainly clearancing out video games. I just bought Sonic Colors ($5), Resident Evil 8 ($10), and Capcom Fighting Collection ($15), all for Playstation 4. The Xbox One had a similar bounty, while it was slim pickins on the Switch... maybe three unappetizing games on clearance. I would have bought CFC for Switch in a heartbeat, were it available.

They are certainly clearancing out video games. I just bought Sonic Colors ($5), Resident Evil 8 ($10), and Capcom Fighting Collection ($15), all for Playstation 4. The Xbox One had a similar bounty, while it was slim pickins on the Switch... maybe three unappetizing games on clearance. I would have bought CFC for Switch in a heartbeat, were it available.
Makes sense to clearance out games from the previous generation systems but not the current generation Nintendo system.

One of my local stores also added, or further reduced, a lot of clearance games. Was in a bit of a rush, but I know I saw these for sure. I regret not taking a pic.

Switch
Immortals Fenix rising for $10
Sonic mania combo with sonic team racing $15

Xbox $10 each
SRX
The Quarry
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers ($8)
Fortnite anime legends pack
Race with Ryan
Outriders (vanilla version $8)
Ass creed Odyssey
watch dogs legion

Ps4 $10 each
Nickelodeon kart racers 2
Re7 greatest hits
Need for speed hot pursuit remaster
A couple different ass creed games, Odyssey and origins for sure
Goat simulator

Ps5
Returnal $30
Deathloop $30
The Quarry $15
Guardians of the Galaxy $10 or $15 can't remember

Happy hunting.

1209.jpg
1212.jpg
1216.jpg

It's annoying enough that they put the search on Brickseek behind a login, but I swear they made it work worse too. Can't seem to find the right info for anything it seems like. Anyone got a good SKU that works on Brickseek for Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch at Walmart? Trying to check my area.

It's annoying enough that they put the search on Brickseek behind a login, but I swear they made it work worse too. Can't seem to find the right info for anything it seems like. Anyone got a good SKU that works on Brickseek for Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch at Walmart? Trying to check my area.
I noticed brickseek made things worse recently. I just make random login info for each search now. Probably only helps pad their numbers anyway.

Thanks, showing that price for me as well.

I noticed brickseek made things worse recently. I just make random login info for each search now. Probably only helps pad their numbers anyway.
I wouldn't mind the login as much if it hadn't come along with a terrible UI redesign and what sure seems to be diminished and less reliable functionality. I kinda wonder if Walmart is either leaning on them or paying them to be less useful because I'm sure they've never been fond of it existing.

When was the last time anyone seen the price people post on here on brickseek and more talking about yellow tags. Needs to be a sticky

Also my brickseek search doesn't work, when I search for something it says something like "something went wrong try again later" been like that for weeks. Doesn't matter much cause none of the games being posted dont be shown there anyways.

When was the last time anyone seen the price people post on here on brickseek and more talking about yellow tags. Needs to be a sticky
Over the years, if it's something I'm interested in I'll check Brickseek because it usually at least gives you an idea if something was in stock recently, and I do find markdown prices there at times (especially on non-electronics). I've also had people tip off deals that are in the Walmart system and actually aren't clearance, which shows in Brickseek. Sometimes they don't even show a price change in my local store, I bought Disgaea 5 for example years ago for $20 and the shelf tag still said full price.

All that said, I actually find most of the posts in this thread pretty bizarre because without a location they're essentially useless. All Walmart clearance is store by store and decided by store management. I've lived in a town with three different Walmarts in it and they all had entirely unrelated clearance sections and sometimes the same item would be three different prices. IMO all posts should give a specific store location, especially ones in large cities that are likely to have a lot of other members nearby. But all information can be helpful.

Also my brickseek search doesn't work, when I search for something it says something like "something went wrong try again later" been like that for weeks. Doesn't matter much cause none of the games being posted dont be shown there anyways.
I've been having the same issue most of the time since the site update. And who knows if any of the functionality I've gotten used to in the past really even works correctly now or not.

I find it very helpful to see the timing of when ppl are finding stuff, and what titles and prices to keep an eye out for. Keep posting please, and im grateful for whatever amount of information you choose to share :)

Over the years, if it's something I'm interested in I'll check Brickseek because it usually at least gives you an idea if something was in stock recently, and I do find markdown prices there at times (especially on non-electronics). I've also had people tip off deals that are in the Walmart system and actually aren't clearance, which shows in Brickseek. Sometimes they don't even show a price change in my local store, I bought Disgaea 5 for example years ago for $20 and the shelf tag still said full price.

All that said, I actually find most of the posts in this thread pretty bizarre because without a location they're essentially useless. All Walmart clearance is store by store and decided by store management. I've lived in a town with three different Walmarts in it and they all had entirely unrelated clearance sections and sometimes the same item would be three different prices. IMO all posts should give a specific store location, especially ones in large cities that are likely to have a lot of other members nearby. But all information can be helpful.

I've been having the same issue most of the time since the site update. And who knows if any of the functionality I've gotten used to in the past really even works correctly now or not.
That's what ive been trying to say. Some people dont realize the yellow tag clearances are local store only. Brickseek will not work for those. We only post our local deals just to post them as well as sometimes the stores that does clearances does have the same games on clearance but different prices. I havent seen nationwide hidden deals since 2021 when nioh and dmc5 etc was like $3 or $7. After that I haven't seen nothing from brickseek but some 3cent games that nobody wants. Brickseek is just useless for games with not seeing anything newer bigger games and the errors ive been getting

Also kudos to the person that recommended wario64 on Twitter been really informative without going to slickdeals

bread's done
Back