Walmart's 360 New Years Event.

[quote name='Vegan']Sorry, but that's an even sadder way of ringing in the new year than staying home alone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

leaking may not be necessary to "ruin it" My Walmart had big signs posted saying they would go on sale at midnight and the line would start in layaway.

For anyone who dosnt have insider this is what the link says:

Date Posted: 12/28 11:31pm Subject: New Years Walmart Event
I got a flier in the mail, and I looked through the first 2 pages on the boards and couldn't find it so...

Walmarts will be selling the Xbox 360 starting Jan. 1 at 12:01. There is also a 12 per store minimum.

I bet this online aswell but i advise everyone to go in line as well...i mean new years is just anther day if you realy think about it...

[quote name='Vegan']Sorry, but that's an even sadder way of ringing in the new year than staying home alone.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sucks to have only enough money for one system. Therefor, eliminating interest in anything else. I'm glad i'm getting all three of em'. \\:D/

[quote name='abhinav']For anyone who dosnt have insider this is what the link says:

Date Posted: 12/28 11:31pm Subject: New Years Walmart Event
I got a flier in the mail, and I looked through the first 2 pages on the boards and couldn't find it so...

Walmarts will be selling the Xbox 360 starting Jan. 1 at 12:01. There is also a 12 per store minimum.

I bet this online aswell but i advise everyone to go in line as well...i mean new years is just anther day if you realy think about it...[/QUOTE]

And the 360 is just another system. your point?

well, its not a secret anymore(if it ever was). im looking at my walmart flyer(jan1-7) and guess whats on the front page. the whole page is taken up by a giant 360 core system with 360 games. in the fine print, the premium system is also offered. let the camping begin!!

[quote name='thagoat']well, its not a secret anymore(if it ever was). im looking at my walmart flyer(jan1-7) and guess whats on the front page. the whole page is taken up by a giant 360 core system with 360 games. in the fine print, the premium system is also offered. let the camping begin!![/QUOTE]

Same here.

Wal-Mart has also purchased space in major newspapers to announce their selling of the 360s at midnight.

I just might be dumb enough to do it (camp out for a bit). Seeing drunken customers fighting for an xbox 360 would be quite interesting :)

[quote name='DaleNixon']Microsoft and Wal Mart can kiss my ass.[/QUOTE]

very well said . i commend you my friend for a great post.

[quote name='Staraang21']and please nobody leak this to FW.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters....we get a Walmart ad in the mail and they were advertising them on the front page for Sunday.

Good luck to everyone looking.

TBW

thats not company wide.
my local walmart will not be seeling them at 1201
they will pen as usual on the 1st and have them for sale.

[quote name='unctennis122']How did u find out how many your store is getting? I called twice and the people working just tell me that they have none in the case.[/QUOTE]
Ask them how many units they are selling on Jan. 1. If they don't know, tell them to find out.

13 and all cores.

With people asking everyday here at Wal-Mart this proves the demand is still high for the 360, eBay isn't floating around $700+ for most cores, but the auctions I watched go around for $620 or so on average for premium systems. Cores go for around $480ish. Profit is still to be made even if it isn't extremely large.

I expect alot of people camping out, probably in the 20ish range. Maybe more since It's new years at midnight.

well this new year the people who will be gettin their 360 will be surrounded by big breasts for prob the first time, big breasts of other male gamers, but big breasts none the less.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well this new year the people who will be gettin their 360 will be surrounded by big breasts for prob the first time, big breasts of other male gamers, but big breasts none the less.[/QUOTE]

Zing! I can't believe people would rather camp out for a game system then celebrate with friends...

[quote name='aoLat']Zing! I can't believe people would rather camp out for a game system then celebrate with friends...[/QUOTE]
I don't have friends. I don't need friends. My Xbox 360 will be my friend. :whistle2:s

[quote name='aoLat']Zing! I can't believe people would rather camp out for a game system then celebrate with friends...[/QUOTE]

Those of us older folks with friends will be totally wasted before midnite to the point where we probably won't even know where we are. If I can get one of my friends to dump my stumbling carcass off at Walmart and hang with me, might be good times.

Don't have to wait in line here...several places have them in stock locally...they aren't selling very fast any more and the Ebay price is almost retail now so no one is buying them for a profit anymore (or if they do, they'll be disappointed).

Wonder how long Walmart has been hanging on to this sudden shipment, to have a New Years event?

oh damn, look at all these 360s we forgot to ship to our stores during Christmas, I know, let's have a New Years sale! :)

I stopped by my Walmart today in Pensacola and they had a sign on the game cabinet where the 360 games are stating that they made a mistake and did not realize they were supposed to hold the Xbox's when they came in for tonight's sale and accidently sold them so they will not have any for tonight's big event.

What dumb asses.

[quote name='phrmcst']I stopped by my Walmart today in Pensacola and they had a sign on the game cabinet where the 360 games are stating that they made a mistake and did not realize they were supposed to hold the Xbox's when they came in for tonight's sale and accidently sold them so they will not have any for tonight's big event.

What dumb asses.[/QUOTE]

LOL....now that's bad...but at least they fessed up about it, would be worse to let the gamers line up/camp out, and then they find out they are none to be had...

I think I'm just going to show up at my Wal-Mart at a little after midnight. My town isn't all that big, and I'm sure all the rednecks here will be too busy driving drunk to get any 360s.

[quote name='DaleNixon']Microsoft and Wal Mart can kiss my ass.[/QUOTE]

He's been waiting for you to offer.

bill-gates.bmp

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He's been waiting for you to offer.

bill-gates.bmp
[/QUOTE]

Can't Bill Gates like give $10 to every person in the world and still have some money left over? That's insane....

First off, Wal-Mart screwed up. The reason they're doing this on Jan 1 is because January is always a slow month and the last month of the fiscal year.

That being said, it's still a mistake simply because stores won't have enough to make a significant difference.

As far as stores selling early? That's not their fault. While the machines came in listed marked for that sale, they are normal stock items and there's no reason really not to sell them without a mandate from corporate, which came down Wednesday.

Still, it's a mistake to advertise them when the stocks are low to begin with and a mistake to do it on New Year's Day at midnight.

Worse? I have to work tonight, so I'll be dealing with all the idiots in my store.

LMAO because it's true.

Im guessing this is YMMV, the Wal Mart i go to apparently isnt taking part in this (as there was no one at wal mart, the doors are closed, and it says they wont open til 10am.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']....I would probably skip that whole kiss everybody around you thing if i was in line....[/QUOTE]

:rofl: ...missing teeth... :rofl:

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']I don't have friends. I don't need friends. My Xbox 360 will be my friend. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Plus it can keep you warm at night when it overheats.;)

At this point I would go with a core system and get a HDD separate. I say this cause my friend has a premium and he like me does not play live. So most of it's a waste to him as it would be to me. I guess the only benefit to getting a premium is to sell the extras in the box.

[quote name='Graystone']At this point I would go with a core system and get a HDD separate. I say this cause my friend has a premium and he like me does not play live. So most of it's a waste to him as it would be to me. I guess the only benefit to getting a premium is to sell the extras in the box.[/QUOTE]

But the media center remote, oooooh.

bread's done
Back