WANTED: The Legend of Zelda (Collector's Edition) for Gamecube

LinkTGF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I know I won't be able to get a good deal on this but maybe someone would be willing to part with this and could maybe help out a CAGer in need...

Thanks in advance!

- adrian

[quote name='lokizz']check ebgames they have it but it wont be cheap and its used.[/quote]

I know I checked last night and they have it for 50 - for something that was originally free, what a fuckin' ripoff

I mean, it says "not for resale" right on the box - even alot of places that get the pack in sonic for genesis that has that big ass "NOT FOR RESALE" label on it won't take it and resell it

Plus, this forum is called "request a video game deal" not "request a video game & get fucked over" :)

You missed a semi-fine deal at EBstop for a 25% off coupon for Gamecube games that stacks with the 10% off Edge card, back in January.

Otherwise your best bet will be Craigs List if not here...

[quote name='Caliburn']You missed a semi-fine deal at EBstop for a 25% off coupon for Gamecube games that stacks with the 10% off Edge card, back in January.

Otherwise your best bet will be Craigs List if not here...[/QUOTE]

The 25% off coupon or a similar deal will be back - you might just wait for the next deal to come around and look at a couple of EBstops for a disc that hasn't been scratched up.

[quote name='LinkTGF']I know I checked last night and they have it for 50 - for something that was originally free, what a fuckin' ripoff

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly free, you had to pay for Nintendo Power. Of course, after the repacement disc debacle, a lot of us ended up with an extra copy which we sold for big profit.

[quote name='BIG5']Not exactly free, you had to pay for Nintendo Power. Of course, after the repacement disc debacle, a lot of us ended up with an extra copy which we sold for big profit.[/QUOTE]

"repacement disc debacle"? What was that?

[quote name='BIG5']Not exactly free, you had to pay for Nintendo Power. Of course, after the repacement disc debacle, a lot of us ended up with an extra copy which we sold for big profit.[/quote]
It also came as a pack in with some Gamecubes and you could get it by registering a Gamecube and two games at nintendo.com.

[quote name='mguiddy']It also came as a pack in with some Gamecubes and you could get it by registering a Gamecube and two games at nintendo.com.[/quote]
You got the link for that promotion?

The reason it's so high is the demand for it and the quantity of copies. If you don't want to pay $50 for it at GS, check Game Crazy. I know when I bought mine there late last year, it was $30 for it. So it is possible to find it cheaper than Gamestop.

[quote name='lokizz']which of the 2 is more valuable though or harder to find? the one with 4 games on it or the one with 2?[/QUOTE]

Collector's Edition, the one with four. They're both pretty valuable, though.

i'm keeping mine cause its one of the few games i keep for my gamecube with the transition to the wii... others i've trade to eb and gamerush back then with trade in deals...

The Master quest 2 game one isnt nearly as valuable as the Collector's Edition, Collectors Edition has Ocarina/Majora's mask/and 2 Gameboy ones, while Master Quest just has Ocarina of time original version and another version which is the same thing only with locations kinda moved..

[quote name='LinkTGF']I know I checked last night and they have it for 50 - for something that was originally free, what a fuckin' ripoff

I mean, it says "not for resale" right on the box - even alot of places that get the pack in sonic for genesis that has that big ass "NOT FOR RESALE" label on it won't take it and resell it

Plus, this forum is called "request a video game deal" not "request a video game & get fucked over" :)[/quote]

I believe not for resell means that the game is not labeled for individual sale. That does not mean retailers are not allowed to resell the game to other people. It just means the case does not have a UPC code on it and/or it should not have been sold individually when it first came out.

[quote name='force_assassin']^ Actually it comes with the original Legend of Zelda and Zelda 2 from the NES, not any gameboy ports (which would have been awesome though!).[/quote]
Oh thanks for correcting me. I have Zelda Collectors edition and never touched the older games.

I've got one opened and one still sealed, but they aren't going anywhere. Like others said though wait for a deal and EB/GS and grab one there.

one of the best deals i ever got was with the collector's edition. price tag marked @ 5.99 for a gba game from gamestop. thank god it was a young girl who didn't know the difference. even used edge of it. i have seen more copies in gs/eb lately. it's on eb/gs website now to order. use coupon aff25 to get it 25%. taking a gamble not knowing if you get it complete but you can always return it one of stores.

[quote name='eliter1']My gamestop has a bunch of them but they don't come in original case. Anyone know where i can get a case?[/quote]
do you mean cover or the actual hard plastic case? the cases can be bought from the nintendo website for a buck each (or 5 for 4 dollars) and the paper insert can be found scanned online or you can wait till I'm done with my custom cover and I'll PM you a link to it online :)

- adrian

well looks like negotiations fell through on my one offer after waiting a week for him to reply (and after turning down a few other decent offers waiting on him to come through) so I'm still looking.

I'll lay it down open:

I don't really want to spend more than 20 dollars (especially for games I already bought at one point or another) - I don't even care if it's disc only, that's fine with me as long as it's in fairly good condition and when you ship it at least put it in tiny gamecube disc holder or something of the like

I know I probably won't even find a deal like that since it seems everyone here wants to lowball me but hopefully someone will be kind enough to offer me a decent deal on this

Thanks in advance

- adrian

Does anyone have a manual for the GCN Collector's Edition?
I have the game in perfect condition, but my little cousin somehow snatched the manual from the game case in my ultra secret hiding spot.
I feel horrible without the manual...

[quote name='sonicsam']Does anyone have a manual for the GCN Collector's Edition?
I have the game in perfect condition, but my little cousin somehow snatched the manual from the game case in my ultra secret hiding spot.
I feel horrible without the manual...[/quote]
nintendo.com has it for sale for 2 dollars but they say it *MIGHT* be a photocopied version, so if you don't care if it's photocopied or not I'd go there... Honestly every time I've ever bought something that had that disclaimer I've always gotten an original or reproduction but never a photocopy. if you end up going the nintendo.com route let us know if it's a photocopy or not :)

[quote name='LinkTGF']

I know I probably won't even find a deal like that since it seems everyone here wants to lowball me but hopefully someone will be kind enough to offer me a decent deal on this

- adrian[/quote]

Aren't you the one doing the "lowballing?" This game is only going up in value.
Maybe the games will appear as DLC for the Wii and the fuck will be on everyone's face who wouldn't give you a cheap deal.

[quote name='dkim064']Aren't you the one doing the "lowballing?" This game is only going up in value.
Maybe the games will appear as DLC for the Wii and the fuck will be on everyone's face who wouldn't give you a cheap deal.[/quote]
a disc only copy is only gonna go up in value? Look all I want to do is play the fuckin games, not pay 50 bucks to do so. I'm in college and already spending enough on other shit and I'd rather not get fucked over by some arbitrary rule of inflation that states that because something that came out for free it should now be paid for at 50000% of it's manufacturing rate.

IMO people who charge and outlandish fee for something that used to be relatively free should be drawn, quartered, shot, dismembered, fed to a horse, send the horse to the glue factory then make glue out of the horse so that I can make Shigeru Miyamoto a nice craft project to show him my appreciation for creating the Legend of Zelda series that I can't play because people are too retarded to part with a disc only copy when they have like 5 more because they are convinced it's gonna go up in value

Value is only determined by people like you who are convinced it's gonna go up in value and by doing so forcibly make the market do so when it's not inclined to do so. I don't have a Wii so when the games make it to VC I'm still fucked and then everyone will still keep their shrink wrapped copies, their used copies, their disc only copies and I'm here in the goddamn cold looking for the games that I used to love playing as a kid

I'm lowballing? I didn't come here to be insulted, the name of the website is CheapAssGamer - I came here to look for a deal and all I've found so far is people who have only teased me with spelling and grammatical errors which only served to put the game within my reach and then at the last minute take it out by saying "you overthought my offer by reading into the typos that I purposely put i there to make it seem like I'm giving you a good deal but instead I'm fucking you over almost as much as gamestop or EBgames"

If worse comes to worse I will go to Gamestop in town and buy one of their 50 dollar copies because that's how bad I want the games but I've been nothing but a noteworthy trader and buyer on the boards here and have encountered 99% of the time very good traders who haven't wanted to screw me over royally.

I'm starting to think more and more that CAG is becoming more like craigslist:

(1) disk only copie of zelda collekshun for gaycube - no cayse or artwork or manuel

asking prise: 10 dollurs, [misplaced comma] less then whut gaymestop sells it four OR a Ninntendoo weee

:roll:

[quote name='LinkTGF'] Value is only determined by people like you who are convinced it's gonna go up in value and by doing so forcibly make the market do so when it's not inclined to do so.[/quote] I realize you're frustrated, but the situation is just basic economics. Value (or more correctly, "price") is determined by the market's desire for an item and the item's scarcity. It's a relatively rare item, and thus it has a high price. Supply and demand. You should take Econ 101 up there at college! One route you might want to look into is Goozex. I've seen a few copies floating around there.

[quote name='LinkTGF']well looks like negotiations fell through on my one offer after waiting a week for him to reply (and after turning down a few other decent offers waiting on him to come through) so I'm still looking.

I'll lay it down open:

I don't really want to spend more than 20 dollars (especially for games I already bought at one point or another) - I don't even care if it's disc only, that's fine with me as long as it's in fairly good condition and when you ship it at least put it in tiny gamecube disc holder or something of the like

Thanks in advance

- adrian[/QUOTE]

Unless you start searching Craig's list you are not going to find a hard to get item like this for $20. I purchased a Gamecube to get this disc.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']I realize you're frustrated, but the situation is just basic economics. Value (or more correctly, "price") is determined by the market's desire for an item and the item's scarcity. It's a relatively rare item, and thus it has a high price. Supply and demand. You should take Econ 101 up there at college! One route you might want to look into is Goozex. I've seen a few copies floating around there.[/quote]
how is it a rare item when every time I walk into gamestop they have 3-4 copies? I understand the basic principles behind supply and demand but how smart is a person or company when they have the same 4 copies of a game sitting there every time I come in and basically they're not going anywhere because the price is too high. A GLOBAL market value should not affect LOCAL market value. The internet has hurt this aspect of deal hunting for people, especially when "hard to find" items in one area or a small area determine the value everywhere.

As most people on the forums here know I work at a local chain called Book and Music Exchange (booksandmusicexchange.com) and here's a good example of why pricing using a global scale pisses me off:

The way the person who determines the price of, say, boxed action figures is by checking a variety of places. If said item has been out of production for a while, ebay or amazon is the place to check and see what the current price is there. So, for a figure we buy for 5-10 dollars, someone "smart" decides it's now going to be sold for 50-100 dollars because someone in Hong Kong really wants a Tick action figure on ebay. Granted, that's maybe being extreme on my part but that's how it seems to work, rather than by going by the original value of the item, maybe figuring in by percentage the global value and then depreciation/appreciation by the number of years it's been out of production. THAT would be a more honest way to price something, not by the whim of people who THINK something is rare. Now, because people are hording the games the value has gone up because no one is selling them, NOT because everyone is buying them. The concept of supply and demand in this case is a bit screwed up because it's not a textbook example like:

Zelda is in high numbers + people buy lots of copies = price goes up or down depending on whether an artificial scarcity is created by the company (similar to Andy Warhol's Art Factory, which is now doing something similar by renouncing random people's formerly valid authenticity on works by Warhol)

The example plays more like people who collect McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Something free + packaging + hording away = person who collected it thinks it's worth lots of money so it's placed on ebay with a high price tag and misleading info, and some person who's pricing things by comparing it to ebay prices is gonna get some skewed results.

Yeah, I'm frustrated but with good reason - I'm asking for a disc only copy. After paying for shipping from the person, ordering a case and manual from nintendo (and paying that shipping), and having a cover printed up at Kinkos, I'm gonna spend another 10 bucks anyways for a substandard set. Not to mention the hassle if the case breaks in the mail, waiting for the stuff to arrive, returning things if they break in the mail, all to get a discount...

If you are willing to shop around, you might be able to find it for cheap. I found one for about $5 one day and snatched it up. My advice is to check out flea markets and such where they might carry it. Eventually you will get lucky. If you want it now though, you are going to pay.

If you want a disc only copy, you might try Goozex. Hard to say whether that is a good value proposition for you, but if you have desirable stuff to trade, you could make out okay. It will take awhile because the Collectors edition is in high demand, but I see them trade all the time. Here's a referral link if you feel like trying Goozex: http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=4426113800

I got Ocarina/Master Quest off Goozex and would have also received the Collectors edition if I hadn't nabbed a sealed copy at a local Goozex/CAG meetup. I'll keep an eye out for a copy at future meetups.

You'll find it eventually. There are enough copies floating around for a good deal.

[quote name='LinkTGF']how is it a rare item when every time I walk into gamestop they have 3-4 copies? I understand the basic principles behind supply and demand but how smart is a person or company when they have the same 4 copies of a game sitting there every time I come in and basically they're not going anywhere because the price is too high. A GLOBAL market value should not affect LOCAL market value. The internet has hurt this aspect of deal hunting for people, especially when "hard to find" items in one area or a small area determine the value everywhere.

As most people on the forums here know I work at a local chain called Book and Music Exchange (booksandmusicexchange.com) and here's a good example of why pricing using a global scale pisses me off:

The way the person who determines the price of, say, boxed action figures is by checking a variety of places. If said item has been out of production for a while, ebay or amazon is the place to check and see what the current price is there. So, for a figure we buy for 5-10 dollars, someone "smart" decides it's now going to be sold for 50-100 dollars because someone in Hong Kong really wants a Tick action figure on ebay. Granted, that's maybe being extreme on my part but that's how it seems to work, rather than by going by the original value of the item, maybe figuring in by percentage the global value and then depreciation/appreciation by the number of years it's been out of production. THAT would be a more honest way to price something, not by the whim of people who THINK something is rare. Now, because people are hording the games the value has gone up because no one is selling them, NOT because everyone is buying them. The concept of supply and demand in this case is a bit screwed up because it's not a textbook example like:

Zelda is in high numbers + people buy lots of copies = price goes up or down depending on whether an artificial scarcity is created by the company (similar to Andy Warhol's Art Factory, which is now doing something similar by renouncing random people's formerly valid authenticity on works by Warhol)

The example plays more like people who collect McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Something free + packaging + hording away = person who collected it thinks it's worth lots of money so it's placed on ebay with a high price tag and misleading info, and some person who's pricing things by comparing it to ebay prices is gonna get some skewed results.

Yeah, I'm frustrated but with good reason - I'm asking for a disc only copy. After paying for shipping from the person, ordering a case and manual from nintendo (and paying that shipping), and having a cover printed up at Kinkos, I'm gonna spend another 10 bucks anyways for a substandard set. Not to mention the hassle if the case breaks in the mail, waiting for the stuff to arrive, returning things if they break in the mail, all to get a discount...[/QUOTE]

Do you have any games you don't want and trade for the zelda collector's edition ?

[quote name='kittenkya']Do you have any games you don't want and trade for the zelda collector's edition ?[/quote]
to you, or a person on CAG or to gamestop? Gamestop has horrible trade in value on games from what I've experienced.

Honestly I don't have very many games for the cube since I just got it and have been trying to snatch up everything I missed over the past 6 years. I pretty much stopped playing video games for a long stretch of years and just recently started up again with vintage zelda stuff on emulators (ya i know, illegal, but I'm at college and have very few options other than going all the way home 6 hrs to pick up an snes or genesis)

I just recently got another dreamcast about 3 months back and played the hell out of that for a while and I'm not tired of it but now I'm getting a bit too busy to be playing 3 systems (the cube, the DC and the GBA, which I also recently picked up with games I've been wanting to play for the past... uhm... almost 10 years)

Kinda sucks growing up without much money for stuff like games or having parents who buy you everything like the people at my old school had. I take that back, it really fuckin sucks because you always feel left out and I'm sure my "friend" mark thought I was only his friend because he had a cube or the internet or whatever, but that wasn't the case.

Anyways, maybe I should put together a trade list of things I have that I wouldn't mind parting with. I've got quite a few DC games - maybe some of those could do it... :(

[quote name='LinkTGF']a disc only copy is only gonna go up in value? Look all I want to do is play the fuckin games, not pay 50 bucks to do so. I'm in college and already spending enough on other shit and I'd rather not get fucked over by some arbitrary rule of inflation that states that because something that came out for free it should now be paid for at 50000% of it's manufacturing rate.

IMO people who charge and outlandish fee for something that used to be relatively free should be drawn, quartered, shot, dismembered, fed to a horse, send the horse to the glue factory then make glue out of the horse so that I can make Shigeru Miyamoto a nice craft project to show him my appreciation for creating the Legend of Zelda series that I can't play because people are too retarded to part with a disc only copy when they have like 5 more because they are convinced it's gonna go up in value

Value is only determined by people like you who are convinced it's gonna go up in value and by doing so forcibly make the market do so when it's not inclined to do so. I don't have a Wii so when the games make it to VC I'm still fucked and then everyone will still keep their shrink wrapped copies, their used copies, their disc only copies and I'm here in the goddamn cold looking for the games that I used to love playing as a kid

I'm lowballing? I didn't come here to be insulted, the name of the website is CheapAssGamer - I came here to look for a deal and all I've found so far is people who have only teased me with spelling and grammatical errors which only served to put the game within my reach and then at the last minute take it out by saying "you overthought my offer by reading into the typos that I purposely put i there to make it seem like I'm giving you a good deal but instead I'm fucking you over almost as much as gamestop or EBgames"

If worse comes to worse I will go to Gamestop in town and buy one of their 50 dollar copies because that's how bad I want the games but I've been nothing but a noteworthy trader and buyer on the boards here and have encountered 99% of the time very good traders who haven't wanted to screw me over royally.

I'm starting to think more and more that CAG is becoming more like craigslist:

(1) disk only copie of zelda collekshun for gaycube - no cayse or artwork or manuel

asking prise: 10 dollurs, [misplaced comma] less then whut gaymestop sells it four OR a Ninntendoo weee

:roll:[/quote]

I felt you until you proved yourself to be a total royal ass in this post. You're a piece of shit. QQ more please.

You think you can tell people what to do with something they own? You have this imaginary price in your head and you think it applies to things you don't have possession of? Do you whine like this at a store when you can't afford a new game or when you want a different house? You think that being in college has anything to do with anybody else? You think other people don't have bills? Oh poor college kid, he has to buy stuff! I feel bad for him. Let me offer this game that has a market value of X for less because this guy imagined a fair price and it must be fair!

So, you want to have an item right now, but you don't want to pay the "convenience price" of having it right now. People keep telling you to be patient and look for a deal. Of course, you feel entitled to this game and because it was free, you think it should be cheap. Of course, finding anybody to part with a copy at "your price" is difficult, but that's just because they're being idiots, not because you're being foolish at demanding a price for a product you don't own.

I can't believe you actually typed this. Try to take some business classes while you're paying for an education. You're fucking nuts.

tl;dr - People can do whatever they want with games they own, and they can charge any price for products they own. If you don't like it, tough shit.

ps - I have a copy rotting away on my DVD stand at home, and I'll sell it to you for $20 + a $80 "idiot and annoyance fee."

[quote name='Blinkman987']I felt you until you proved yourself to be a total royal ass in this post. You're a piece of shit. QQ more please.

You think you can tell people what to do with something they own? You have this imaginary price in your head and you think it applies to things you don't have possession of? Do you whine like this at a store when you can't afford a new game or when you want a different house? You think that being in college has anything to do with anybody else? You think other people don't have bills? Oh poor college kid, he has to buy stuff! I feel bad for him. Let me offer this game that has a market value of X for less because this guy imagined a fair price and it must be fair!

So, you want to have an item right now, but you don't want to pay the "convenience price" of having it right now. People keep telling you to be patient and look for a deal. Of course, you feel entitled to this game and because it was free, you think it should be cheap. Of course, finding anybody to part with a copy at "your price" is difficult, but that's just because they're being idiots, not because you're being foolish at demanding a price for a product you don't own.

I can't believe you actually typed this. Try to take some business classes while you're paying for an education. You're fucking nuts.

tl;dr - People can do whatever they want with games they own, and they can charge any price for products they own. If you don't like it, tough shit.

ps - I have a copy rotting away on my DVD stand at home, and I'll sell it to you for $20 + a $80 "idiot and annoyance fee."[/quote]
so sue me for being frustrated - jesus, hasn't there ever been something that's frustrated you enough to that point to where you have to rant about it?

I'm not saying anyone here has to give it to me for the price I want, because they don't. And I have been looking for this for a while, even before I bought the gamecube recently, and have never seen a good deal on this, except when it first came out and they were giving them away for free.

Yeah I missed out, and I'm whining here. Big deal. Ok, I've got my grip on reality back and I'm certain no one is going to part with it for less than 50 bucks. So what's the point of having a forum like this to ask for deals when people still ask for what has become retail price?

I could care less that you have a copy "rotting away" (which I know you put in your post to try and make me mad or something) but you honestly sound like more of an ass than I did when I made my ranting post. What kind of shit is that: "Hay man, ur an ass an I has a copie but u kan't has it an I'll never seel it too yoo and I never plays it1!!! haR har har!"

Way to go!

edit: if anyone else has felt offended by my need to rant or now has the opinion of me as a whiny asshole I'm sorry - I guess I gotta learn that shit happens, deal with it and accept certain facts. I didn't mean to come off as a whiny jackass, I've just been pissed about so much lately and not being able to find a copy of this game for a *reasonable price* anywhere has just been the cherry on a shit sundae

[quote name='sonicsam']Does anyone have a manual for the GCN Collector's Edition?
I feel horrible without the manual...[/quote]

I have one on my trade list ...

Hmm i have a copy and im gonna be selling it later this month, it comes with Ocarina of Time Guide from Versus books and Majora's mask guide from Versus books. Oh and the game is complete, and im gonna be selling everything for what i paid for it.. I paid $40 for game and $15 for Ocarina Guide and $20 for Majora's mask Guide, and im not trying to to make outrages prices to anyone, just trying to break even..

i can understand the frustration over trying to get that game or any game at a reasonable price but with some games you have to take a hit in one way or another because beause of the rarity of the game. when it comes to this one you either get a new copy at a high price or a used copy at a lower one. if you cn wait id wait since sooner or later it will turn up. i did that for metal gear 3 substance and im doing the same now for ico.

I'm curious, with the wii VC, will Nintendo ever remake this LoZ:OoT and LoZ:MM for something like the ds? What do you guys think? I mean Mario 64 got better good remake on the DS, or am I dreaming. I mean I want to know from your point of view I'm being realistic in waiting rather than not wanting to pay $40 for a used copy.

bread's done
Back