Wanted - The Movie

Ugh. It seems to have gotten decent reviews so far, but having read the original graphic novel I don't think I can stomach the way they completely raped the original storyline.

Saw it last night. Nothing like the graphic novel but was still entertaining....I love gunplay, what can I say. Pretty cool film, though. Been waiting for a hard R film this summer.

I've been seeing the commercials. My first impression was "this looks like complete garbage", but I've been hearing that it's actually not bad.

From my Wall-E thread where I touched upon it:

[quote name='infamyRISE']Wanted, on the other hand...

Well...let's just say the shit that happens in the trailer looks plausible in comparison. Mind-numbingly stupid action bits. The sad thing is, given a total rewrite and grounding it in some sort of reality, it still wouldn't have been groundbreaking, but at least entertaining.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it could be ok, I'm definitely not going to pay to see it in the theater though. What was the original storyline?

[quote name='micro44']Will catch a matinee on Sunday to save a few bucks. I AM a C.A.G. afterall :)[/quote]

I'm waiting until it hits TV and I can DVR it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I'm seeing it tonight after work. IGN game it a positive review.[/QUOTE]

I might give it a shot then. They seem to be the only place that gave Speed Racer a good review and I loved that.

I saw it last night. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. If you wanted to save your money for it on dvd, or to rent it, then I couldn't blame you. I was hoping for more. The third act seemed very disjointed and rough. The special effects were cool, which is pretty much all you can expect and want from a movie like this. I thought it was alright, but this is coming from a fan of this director's work. I prefer his two russian movies, Day Watch and Night Watch, over this one. I thought those were fantastic. If you've seen this director's other work, then you can understand how over the top he likes to go with the special effects.

[quote name='evilmregg']Ugh. It seems to have gotten decent reviews so far, but having read the original graphic novel I don't think I can stomach the way they completely raped the original storyline.[/quote]

The thing is, that's the only issue. If you view it as an entity wholly separate from the comic, it's a cool movie with lots of badass stuff going on. The conversation Pork and I had on the way home went like this:

"That was pretty cool."
"Yeah, but it was nothing like the book."
"Yeah, you're right about that."
"But it did have lots of wicked cool shit"
"That it did."

Curve a Bullet? Shoot the wings off the flys? wow... please. Who makes up this crap? I don't give a shit if this is from a comic book or not. Not to mention Jolie is in it... So, sick of this bitch.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Curve a Bullet? Shoot the wings off the flys? wow... please. Who makes up this crap? I don't give a shit if this is from a comic book or not. Not to mention Jolie is in it... So, sick of this bitch.[/quote]

Dude don't you remember physics? If you throw your arm around while you fire a gun the bullet continues in the same curve, it's called conservation of awesome.

I am not seeing any movie that still promotes Jolie as some type of sexy lady.

The bitch has been naked in every one of her movies we have seen it more than her husband....stop playing that card.

Plus the main actor doesnt look like a action star to me at all. Get Bruce Willis and call me back.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am not seeing any movie that still promotes Jolie as some type of sexy lady.

The bitch has been naked in every one of her movies we have seen it more than her husband....stop playing that card.

Plus the main actor doesnt look like a action star to me at all. Get Bruce Willis and call me back.[/quote]

Bruce Willis makes everything awesome.

Snuck into this movie after WALL-E.....fell asleep 15 minutes through it and woke up at the credits as the other 8 people were walking out the theatre.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']saw it, the main character was a whiny tool, really took away the little this flick had going for it[/quote]

I knew it.

I was tempted to see it just because of Morgan Freeman but that actor looked like such a bitch.

Was that the moron from Scrubs or a look a like? Either way, they are both tOOls and no I don't watch Scrubs and yes it blows and isn't funny.

I believe that's how the main character is supposed to act like, isn't that how it starts in the comic? I liked it as well, but now so much to pay full price for it. I recommend a matinee showing.

My wife and I just got back from seeing this movie and I got to tell you, this is hands down the best movie of the summer. And notice I did not say "action movie". IMO, best action, best suspense thriller, best story. Just and all out terrific movie. The plot twists are great and I like what they did as far as giving us trailers prior to the release, because I didn't feel cheated from seeing the trailers on TV and then got so much more in the theater. Lately, 90% of the movies I have gone to see, I don't get the wow-factor because they show all the good parts on the TV trailers. And I was expecting more, but didn't get it, therefore leaving me with the feeling like "That's it?" Not this movie. This movie is action-packed. You haven't seen anything yet! From beginning to the very end, the movie is stellar. Go and see this movie before you see anything else.

I'm really excited to see Wanted tonight. It looks like a fun/cool mindless summer action flick. Plus I like everyone involved: James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie, Common (the rapper, dunno about his acting), and the director's Night/Day/Twilight Watch movies.

Wow, a comic book movie not being physically possible?

WHO WOULD'VE fuckING THOUGHT. STOP THE fuckING PRESSES, THAT BITCH SUPERMAN HAS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wow, a comic book movie not being physically possible?

WHO WOULD'VE fuckING THOUGHT. STOP THE fuckING PRESSES, THAT BITCH SUPERMAN HAS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR.[/QUOTE]

^This

bread's done
Back