Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning

[quote name='sendme']Well you could always cancle it and chances are someone from GS will buy it or you could keep it and sell it if this game gets big. I might even sell mine. I just then need to remember the accunt name and password. Also the site to log in and manage my account. Does anyone know that. That way I can put in the preorder codes in. I know I have put them in some sites however that was all for the beta.[/quote]

I assume it's the same site. I put the code from my SE into there, but it says "This code cannot be used yet." So it seems that you input codes into your EA Mythic account, which is where you went for beta anyway. So CE should be the same?

But about selling your CE, someone buying it from should be aware that it might be like WoW Collector's Editions. The actual code from the Burning Crusade CE (and original game and most likely Lich King CE) won't let you add it to the account if you've already upgraded to Burning Crusade via expansion / battlechest. So you'd want to keep those CE game disks and the key if they went that route; the disks would only be beneficial to whoever put the key in their account first. Buyers of a used CE would just be after the what comes in the CE minus game content and I'm 100% someone (including me) will buy it just for those extras.

[quote name='klam173']Did anyone else get an e-mail from EAstore.com today saying that their order for the collector's edition is backordered? WTF?? I know I ordered it during the first few days it was available for ordering. Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

I got the same message, however it appears Mythic is aware of the issue and will make an official statement on their herald at some point according to this post:
http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1566151

Just got the CE version today at my local best buy. They had 3 copies (including the one I bought) as of 6pm. I was quite surprised actually that they had copies in stock.

Haven't decided what server I will play on, but I will most likely play an engineer.

Regarding the EA Store delay email, this just popped into my inbox:

Dear ,

Thank you for purchasing Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Collector's Edition through the EA Store. Due to issues with our
inventory management system, you received an email alert about a
possible delay in shipping the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Collector's Edition. We have since resolved the issue and orders are
now being processed for shipment to the majority of our preorder
customers. A small percentage of our customers have been affected by
the delay. If you fall within that group, you will receive a second
notice to explain how we intend to compensate you and give you access
to the game until your Collector's Edition arrives. We apologize for
the inconvenience.

If you have any questions about your order, please contact customer
support by visiting:
http://eastore.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eastore.cfg/php/enduser/home.php
and click on the "Contact Us" link.

Sincerely,

The EA Store Team

I imagine they'll extend those who are affected by this beyond the 22nd so that they can keep playing until their copy arrives.

Just got the same e-mail...checked my order on-line and it say "in process"...we'll see what happens.

thanks for the update.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Ironic? I was just on IGN, reading a reporter's impression of WAR, and a WoW ad popped up.....[/quote]

Haha maybe Lich King's ad campaign is in full swing to counter WAR. Or just plain coincidence.

Anyway this is a follow-up to Gnomes and Pie's post about find CEs at Best Buy. If you're looking for a CE, try the old Best Buy in-store check:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...807669&productId=1202650464600&itemId=1206496

Enter your location. Greyed out stores mean they won't get one at all. Stores in black text may have gotten some. I had to ask and they checked the warehouse where there was ONE in an opened cardboard box that hold two (could be three). Hope this helps.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard changed the their ad campaigns so they appeared if the keywords Warhammer or WAR bombared a page. :lol:

[quote name='Draekon']Huzzah, these look pretty cool:

[/quote]

Man, and my primary is only rank 10. I must be losing my touch in my old age.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Man, and my primary is only rank 10. I must be losing my touch in my old age.[/quote]

Well since I was in beta for a while, I got some tips and tricks on things. It's longer leveling in retail than it was in beta or else I'd be close to level 40 by now probably.

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']As of 12:30 today, Amazon currently has the CE version in stock. Not sure how long before they sell out, but you might want to check it out if you are still looking for one.

http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Onl..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221841706&sr=8-2[/quote]

My friend told me he ordered that yesterday, so it was up since then. Now it makes me wonder if it really is limited to 60,000. Are people really not that interested in it that it's still in stock? I'd think that fans of the tabletop or converts from WoW would eat this up.

[quote name='typeRJ']My friend told me he ordered that yesterday, so it was up since then. Now it makes me wonder if it really is limited to 60,000. Are people really not that interested in it that it's still in stock? I'd think that fans of the tabletop or converts from WoW would eat this up.[/quote]

It's limited to 66,000. Says so on the box you buy on the back (Under the 'contents' paper.

I've been playing since the SE head start with a couple friends on Tor Elyr. We created our guild, and I'm cagblogging about my adventures.

Guild is only three people so far, and we're finding it highly difficult to recruit on an rp server. There just aren't that many people yet, and most seem to be coming in with their own guild intentions.

love the game so far though, can't get enough pvp and rvr. Haven't really truly enjoyed an mmo since playing EQ back during kunark, but this one seems to be scratching all the right itches.

[quote name='Draekon']It's limited to 66,000. Says so on the box you buy on the back (Under the 'contents' paper.[/quote]

Ah I see it now. I also talked to an employee at Gamestop today about it. They unexpectedly got 4 CEs today. Apparently some preorders were dropped, making it available at Gamestop B&M stores that carry PC games, online at Amazon and of course the nonreservable ones at B&M Best Buys and other retail outlets.

If this code is still valid someone can have it:
WGBRRY-7KD1I-WJ7ND-DNR6I-9NXX6

It was for the items off the BB reserve. May not be valid, but if so it is yours.

[quote name='Draekon']Well since I was in beta for a while, I got some tips and tricks on things. It's longer leveling in retail than it was in beta or else I'd be close to level 40 by now probably.[/quote]

Can ya give us some hints? I am a level 17 Chosen. And find it fairly difficult to level, quests give you like 1-3% experience and killing monsters for exp is almost non existent. Scenarios are nice when you are winning and as a tank you don't get as much exp as a dps class.

Killing monsters in this game feels like it moves my bar .0001% when its like a creature that's my same level or higher. Pretty bad. And it's like you go out and do bulk quests, like 6 quests and it takes you like 1-2 hours and you come back turn them all in and you get half of a bar (1 of the 10 small bars on the exp bar) it's so discouraging... And PQ's are getting really tough, takes a large group which = not good exp.

So is there a group of CAG'ers who are on the same server? Would love to find some familiar faces to play with?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Can ya give us some hints? I am a level 17 Chosen. And find it fairly difficult to level, quests give you like 1-3% experience and killing monsters for exp is almost non existent. Scenarios are nice when you are winning and as a tank you don't get as much exp as a dps class.

Killing monsters in this game feels like it moves my bar .0001% when its like a creature that's my same level or higher. Pretty bad. And it's like you go out and do bulk quests, like 6 quests and it takes you like 1-2 hours and you come back turn them all in and you get half of a bar (1 of the 10 small bars on the exp bar) it's so discouraging... And PQ's are getting really tough, takes a large group which = not good exp.[/quote]

Leveling becomes difficult towards the later teens and onward thanks to the raised exp required.

When you finish the Tier 2 zone you're in, you should do the other two as well (the upper level quests I mean). Then do the beginning of each Tier 3 quest zones until you're about halfway through and then do the next section of the Tier 3 zones. Which is pretty much required if you're doing questing. The tips and tricks for these are mainly how get take shortcuts and know your aggro range. It's a pretty straight forward thing. This will keep you decently in level range of the mobs. Though I also recommend going into Thunder Mountain Scenario a lot too as I find it the best one to do (very quick and just as much exp as other scenarios).

The main tip I can give is try and get an AoE party. This usually consists of 1 (or two) tank (Chosen is best on Destruction), 2 Bright Wizards or Sorcerers, and 2 Healers. This is pretty much the perfect AoE party and then just head to a heavily populated area that respawns pretty quick (such as a Public Quest) and just go AoE crazy. Abuse line of sight on ranged.

Most of the tips I have are pretty much exactly where and how to do quests. Tricks on the other hand are mostly specific to my class and how to get around certain things which can't really be generalized.

Basically I guess it's more 'experience' with the game before hand for a while rather than anything. I'm playing with a friend who's also a sorceress and we can take out mobs very quickly and AoE a little bit without a healer, but not nearly as well we could with a healer.

Ok, I haven't read anything in this thread, I just know it's the general WAR thread. I was a beta tester for WAR and they recently sent me an email for 2 exclusive in-game items. Since I've stopped playing PC games, I decided to give it away on CAG. So first, the email:

The worldwide WAAAGH! has begun and we?d like to thank you for your continued support of
Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning? over the past three years. As a Veteran WAR Newsletter
Subscriber, we?d like to reward you with a special in-game item ? THE CALL TO WAR ? and a
unique character title, THE DEVOTED INQUIRER. Use THE CALL TO WAR scroll to instantly
teleport to your capital city from anywhere in the game (5 charges). We hope these special
gifts will aid you in journeys across the battlefields of WAR!

To claim your bonus in-game item:

1. Log into the WAR Beta Center (https://betacenter.eamythic.com/login.php) and look
under the Beta Center Product Information / Assigned Product Codes section to get your exclusive
code. Codes must be claimed before September 26th, 2008.

2. Enter the code in the Mythic Account Center (https://accounts.warhammeronline.com).

3. Once in the game, visit a mailbox to claim your item.

-=-=-=-=-=-

As for the codes:

Closed Beta - Elder:
W7MXQM-GWHF3-IWI1K-C4FXP-BTCYU
Veteran Newsletter Subscriber:
W7EEQA-XRAX3-XEPHD-47LEN-YIT6J

There's only 3 days left before the codes expire.

Please post when used.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']

As for the codes:

Closed Beta - Elder:
W7MXQM-GWHF3-IWI1K-C4FXP-BTCYU
Veteran Newsletter Subscriber:
W7EEQA-XRAX3-XEPHD-47LEN-YIT6J

There's only 3 days left before the codes expire.

Please post when used.[/quote]

i just tried to use them but it said that both codes were used. thanks tho.

the scroll would've been nice just because you might need to port back but your book of binding isn't ready yet. really helpful when you're in trouble.

Quick question - I'm thinking of buying this game, and I'm curious if they give you the first month (or more) free before the $15 a month comes into play. Anyone?

[quote name='Chroma914']Quick question - I'm thinking of buying this game, and I'm curious if they give you the first month (or more) free before the $15 a month comes into play. Anyone?[/quote]

The first month is paid for with the purchase of the game.

I started playing:

Server: Ironfist
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Witch Elf (Level 21)
Name: Roulette

I'm going to guess that you have to sign up to pay every month or so for the game to get the first 30 days free. I would go for the 30 days just dont really have much time like I thought I would. Stupid manditory OT. I just got my order from gamestop in the mail today I have yet to open the game. I opened the box it came in the mail in just not the game yet. I will however check this game out after the first of the year. By then I'm sure all of you will have maxed your characters out and will be on a 3rd or 4th.

[quote name='sendme']I'm going to guess that you have to sign up to pay every month or so for the game to get the first 30 days free. I would go for the 30 days just dont really have much time like I thought I would. Stupid manditory OT. I just got my order from gamestop in the mail today I have yet to open the game. I opened the box it came in the mail in just not the game yet. I will however check this game out after the first of the year. By then I'm sure all of you will have maxed your characters out and will be on a 3rd or 4th.[/quote]

Actually I think registering the product key automatically gives you a free month right from the start. I haven't input a credit card and I've been playing for a week now.

WOW I think I'm going to install this after I get off of work tonight then. I remember with WOW and Age of Conan I had to enter a credit card number or game card number to even play and was told I would not be charged till after the free trial.

[quote name='sendme']WOW I think I'm going to install this after I get off of work tonight then. I remember with WOW and Age of Conan I had to enter a credit card number or game card number to even play and was told I would not be charged till after the free trial.[/quote]

Uhhh I think I'm misinformed. I read some forums (Warhammer Alliance, GameFAQs, Gamespot, MMORPG) and no one seems to have a definite answer. Some people are pretty mad saying they have to sign up w/ a credit card before they get their free month.

On my account, it's active til 10/18/08 but I didn't put a credit card in the system. Weird because it says my billing method is a credit card. I was in open beta and head start, then I put my code in when the servers launched. It never asked me for my credit card.

I don't know why it's like this, but I'll get back to you if I find something.

On a slightly funny note, 1422 gold-spammers have been given the "Banhammer," as the devs call it. I know I've complained about 4 so far, so I think they should give me a special title. Something like, "The Snitch."

I've had about 25 or so message me already in total. Had to clear my ignore list twice.

On a funny note though, one guy was on my list and then he still managed to send me spam. Maybe he deleted the character and made a new one with the same name and it got around it?

[quote name='typeRJ']the scroll would've been nice just because you might need to port back but your book of binding isn't ready yet. really helpful when you're in trouble.[/quote]

The newsletter reward is only like five uses. Makes it pretty useless.

Who the heck is running around and is like, "Oh wow. I sure could go for some gold right now!" *goes to the site and buys gold* "Thanks spammer!"

But really. Gold is; A. Not hard to get B. Not really important, in war...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Who the heck is running around and is like, "Oh wow. I sure could go for some gold right now!" *goes to the site and buys gold* "Thanks spammer!"

But really. Gold is; A. Not hard to get B. Not really important, in war...[/quote]

They worst part is that they are spamming for WAR and WoW gold.

Marketing brilliance..... :roll:

On another totally separate note: is anyone else having the shuttering issue? I know I am, and there is a 45-page board over at Warhammer Alliance with similar complaints. The devs admit it's probably a software issue since most of us well exceed the hardware recommendations.

i read on the vault that the new nvidia drivers released today, have solved some folks stuttering issues. i have them and haven't updated yet, but i hope it fixes them.

Rerolled on Magnus from Tor Elyr, because that server was entirely dead and vacant. Was almost impossible to accomplish anything when theres 3 other people in marshes of madness at 7pm.

Charcter is Maidez if anyone plays/is playing on magnus.

I really appreciate how WAR is treating gold sellers, but anyone else kind of getting annoyed by the banhammer message appearing all the time? It's happening more than actually getting spammed by a gold seller (on Heldenhammer).

I don't care what gold seller you kick off. Just continue to kick ass and let me play uninterrupted.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']On another totally separate note: is anyone else having the shuttering issue? I know I am, and there is a 45-page board over at Warhammer Alliance with similar complaints. The devs admit it's probably a software issue since most of us well exceed the hardware recommendations.[/quote]

I only do after playing for quite a while and it's usually just in Scenarios when it does appear. Probably due to a memory leak or something, but I'm too lazy to check specifically.

I do hear a lot of people fix their problems by turning grass off though.

Nope, it's a corruption glitch. Everything will change each time you refresh the auction window.

I don't think there's a guarantee that other people will even see the glitched out item and I believe if they buy it, it may return to what it originally was. I'm not too sure though at this moment.

Bah. Those new nVidia drivers are crap. WAR has never crashed on me before and now the game just randomly freezes.

Time for a rollback.

I'm a lv 13 Magus and damn do I feel underpowered. It seems like whenever I enter a scenario or RvR section I'm killed almost instantly even by those that are lower levels than me.

[quote name='eswat']Bah. Those new nVidia drivers are crap. WAR has never crashed on me before and now the game just randomly freezes.

Time for a rollback.[/quote]

Weird, it solved some of the stuttering issue (not all). Even though I really like the game, It bothers the heck out of me that I have a superior machine, yet I can't even get a good framerate on the lowest graphics settings (at least until now).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes, I felt that way to. I'm an 18 chosen. I can live a bit, but I feel like I do no damage... wee...[/QUOTE]Really? I'm a 14 Chosen right now using sword & board, and I don't seem to have a problem with damage, unless I'm facing another tank (Ironbreaker or Swordmaster).

Anyone else find this game a little lonely? I'm only level 6, so there really isn't much need for grouping, but for all the people i see running around, I don't see anyone communicating. I figured I would at least see some guild recruitment spam, but right now it feels like a single player game with a bunch of other dudes in it.

[quote name='Jest']I'm going to pick this up after my class right now. look forward to playing with you guys. What server?[/QUOTE]I think everyone is just playing on their own servers right now, so no all-CAG realm yet. There's a thread about this, but I don't think a lot of people actually switched realms.

[quote name='jalu6']Anyone else find this game a little lonely? I'm only level 6, so there really isn't much need for grouping, but for all the people i see running around, I don't see anyone communicating. I figured I would at least see some guild recruitment spam, but right now it feels like a single player game with a bunch of other dudes in it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I was little bit discouraged at the lack of communication in the zone channel. Most people stick to talking in warband or scenario talk it seems.

It doesn't help that anything typed with /say looks like system text too. I just tend to ignore /says because of that.

There won't be much conversation until Tier 2 (around level 12). But once you get there then the game will be a lot more social. Not uncommon to join a small PUG that turns into a 24-man World Police.

bread's done
Back