Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Received back my email from WB, and they confirmed what others have said, that the Matrix Revolutions cover art will work in place of the back UPC slip from the box.[/quote]
So, uh, what if we have both? Can we upgrade twice?

nice so those of us with the complete set can just send in the cover art for revolutions? and they will send back the ultimate set? how about if i want to send in the cover for matrix 1 as well to get the digibook

confirmed to work?

now its just a question if i want to pay the cash and send in all these covers.. im already at $100... ouch

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm surprised people are more worried about what they can sell their old HD DVDs for with no covers and people being then able to get sets themselves.[/QUOTE]

Thats the great thing about my Matrix set. I have the back paper that they want so I can send that in and if I wanted to sell the box set. That way I get the BD set and the person that buys my HD set can send in the revolations cover and get the BD set also. Hell then their would still be one more cover that could be sent in.

[quote name='blackhole82']damn why did they raise the prices?[/QUOTE]

Glad I got my Casablanca in at $5....already sent my cover art today. Says it ships to MICHIGAN, so they should get it for me in a day or two. It will be nice if they really do ship out the Ult. Collector's Edition...

[quote name='munch']These new prices saddened me. I hope they're an aberration.[/quote]

Looks like they're not, as now the selection pages have been updated... Damnit, the person lied/didn't know what they were talking about when I called. In response my new order will not have Blade Runner (already a stretch at the $15 mark) or Planet Earth (which would've been nice for $10 but much less nice at $15). In the end this means they get less money from me.

How are you guys making "replacement" covers? I may just keep mine and do as another poster said and order the two blu ray holders and keep both discs in it

[quote name='MrDubbs']How are you guys making "replacement" covers? I may just keep mine and do as another poster said and order the two blu ray holders and keep both discs in it[/quote]

Color laser copier. All turned out really well except for the last Harry Potter cover which has iridescent/holography and I had to darken the copy a great deal. You can easily tell the original from the copy outside the box; However, inside the box they are good. I am very pleased. :)

[quote name='leshrac55']Looks like they're not, as now the selection pages have been updated... Damnit, the person lied/didn't know what they were talking about when I called. In response my new order will not have Blade Runner (already a stretch at the $15 mark) or Planet Earth (which would've been nice for $10 but much less nice at $15). In the end this means they get less money from me.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Blade Runner new from Best Buy forever ago for $15. How is $15 for the upgrade a deal in any manner given the fact that the discs routinely sell for that cheap anyway?

Shame about the price hikes. The high shipping and delay (by a year) for the promotion hurts it.

Dammit, the price hike sucks. I had been planning on getting an order together this weekend, guess I should've just rushed through my Matrix set since that's probably all I'll end up doing, especially now that it alone costs nearly $30 after tax.

:(

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I picked up Blade Runner new from Best Buy forever ago for $15. How is $15 for the upgrade a deal in any manner given the fact that the discs routinely sell for that cheap anyway?

Shame about the price hikes. The high shipping and delay (by a year) for the promotion hurts it.[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought... I think Amazon may have even had it for like $12 at one point, which is when I should've bitten on the "upgrade" if I really wanted to. I was originally going to do it because the other deals seemed ok and I figured I could probably make back some of the exchange money on selling the art-less HD-DVDs... but when they asked for $5 more for Matrix, Casablanca, and Planet Earth, something had to go (and so it was Planet Earth and Blade Runner).

[quote name='ziutek']I found the product id for planet earth on the red2blu website in my web history. Here is a link that should add planet earth to your cart.
https://secure.red2blu.com/process?action=add_to_cart_ext&product_id=1000000062[/quote]

You're the best - too bad I already put in an order and will now pay an extra 7 bucks. Bah.

This deal IS shady, and seems to keep getting worse...but it's good for those who never made the jump to HD and can now, for lack of a better term, scavenge and do a quick turnaround. I guess WB realizes this and is acting accordingly.

Something else has been removed aside from PE. There were 128 titles and now there's 126.

Still contemplating... I was at 150 something before the price hike and now I'm up to 170 something. I think I may only do my Oceans, Matrix, Sopranos S6P1, S6P2, 300, and Xmas Vacation. Even that puts me around 70. Ugh, WB you're killing my OCD

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Something else has been removed aside from PE. There were 128 titles and now there's 126. [/quote]

Galapagos... maybe it has something to do with them both being the BBC shit.

What is the time frame they allow you to send the movies in once your complete your transaction? I'm waiting on a couple to ship from InetVideo, but am afraid they'll either remove Ultimate Matrix, or raise the price once again.

i think the only one i wont trade up for is training day(crappy bd transfer) , tmnt (big set comin out this year), and 300 (original hd dvd version had more features, double dip bd coming out this year)

Ok, I don't know how I did it, but I have Planet Earth and the Matrix in my cart. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this one.

[quote name='munch']Ok, I don't know how I did it, but I have Planet Earth and the Matrix in my cart. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this one.[/QUOTE]

Even though, I had both in my cart, I went out of it and tried to add V for Vendetta. When I went back to my cart Planet Earth was gone.

So, I made one order for Planet Earth with the link above, another for Ultimate Matrix. I thought I could call them up and have the two combined.

I made the PE order first, but still haven't received an e-mail. I got an e-mail for the Matrix already. I wonder what's going to happen.

[quote name='munch']This Planet Earth news is making very, very sad.[/QUOTE]

Must be limited quantities then...cause of that....damn....I was going to get that, now I am too late....!!!

Well, I got it to go through after all. I just received an e-mail with The Matrix set AND Planet Earth. If you ever put Planet Earth in your cart before, go back in your history to find it. I don't know if it will work, or if they'll honor it, but it's worth a shot.

Why are people still attempting to get Planet Earth, when it was removed from the site? You'll send in the cover, they'll cancel it, and you'll be without covers

[quote name='MrDubbs']Why are people still attempting to get Planet Earth, when it was removed from the site? You'll send in the cover, they'll cancel it, and you'll be without covers[/QUOTE]

I talked to a rep, who said I should get Planet Earth. While she may not know what she's talking about, I'll go for it, especially since I jumped the gun and already sold my HD DVD copy on Amazon.

[quote name='guyver2077']how are you guys mailing the inserts?[/quote]

Recycled catalog sized manila envelope, with return address labels stuck to the back of each HD-DVD insert.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Recycled catalog sized manila envelope, with return address labels stuck to the back of each HD-DVD insert.[/quote]

where can i get these? i have like 16 inserts going back and one of those is a flattenned box.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Recycled catalog sized manila envelope, with return address labels stuck to the back of each HD-DVD insert.[/QUOTE]

Why are you putting return labels on each insert?

[quote name='munch']Why are you putting return labels on each insert?[/QUOTE]

Must be so that when the homeless people are scrounging the dump after Warner throws the inserts away, they will know exactly where to go to steal movies...

also not sure if it was asked... any specific scan settings being used for the inserts? dpi?

better yet.. is there a site that already has these inserts scanneD?

I have NOT been charged yet. Although, I would suspect they would charge either when they RECEIVE your package or when they SHIP it...who knows.

[quote name='doubledown']I have NOT been charged yet. Although, I would suspect they would charge either when they RECEIVE your package or when they SHIP it...who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I havent been charged yet either. Lets get some posts when people get anything other than just confirmation emails. Time estimates would be good too. Sent out my matrix Fri. Ill keep everyone posted.

bread's done
Back