Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']x2

This would be great info. Thanks to whoever shares it with us.[/QUOTE]
Just do it yourself. Doesn't take much time, and all you need is some photo quality paper.

lets see i did a total of like 8 titles, color copies for like $4bucks. You can def tell that they're not the original slips once you put them in, but they look pretty darn good. Btw this was at FedEx Kinkos. It may have been less, i screwed up on a couple of copies.

I don't have nor want a printer. I don't use them enough and they break too easy. I print any neccesity out at work in b/w.

[quote name='twanky']lets see i did a total of like 8 titles, color copies for like $4bucks. You can def tell that they're not the original slips once you put them in, but they look pretty darn good. Btw this was at FedEx Kinkos. It may have been less, i screwed up on a couple of copies.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but at $2 a cover, that seems rather expensive. Especially when you look on ebay and HD's are selling for hardly anything anymore.

[quote name='lordopus99']I was told by CS you can send either the back slip or the Matrix Revolutions cover for the Matrix collection. They did this since so many people dont have the back slip.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, good sir for the info! Now I don't have to worry about losing the cover for Revolutions!

I am one of the few that still has the back sheet. :)

[quote name='jughead']Has anyone taken the time to find out how much it costs to scan and replace the hd-dvd cover art at, say kinkos, per standard disc? I looked around the net but couldn't find anyone giving a number. If no one has, I will probably give it a try tomorrow morning and report my findings back here.[/QUOTE]

i beleive its about 50 cents a copy for color. oh, and ask them for the heavier paper. it's free and glossier (closer to the real ones, but not exact).

For the upgrade to the Ultimate Matrix Collection, do you have to send in the cover for Matrix Revolutions or just the back insert for the box set will do? I have the Complete Trilogy HD-DVD if that matters.

Got my box containing order with Batman Begins, Corpse Bride, Justice League: New Frontier & the 5 Harry Potters (not box set). Other order containing Ultimate Matrix and Planet Earth did not come home yet, so it looks like one of, if not both of those are the back-ordered titles holding up everybody's orders. Sent out the labels for both orders on the 24th in seperate envelopes and they arrived in Howell on the 30th.

[quote name='eau']seems like you can upgrade your complete matrix trilogy or ultimate matrix collection to the ultimate collection br. You just need to send in the coverart of the matrix revolutions hd-dvd (no disc required).

I still have the $20 sealed complete trilogy hd-dvd from the circuit city screw-up. I might just upgrade. Not bad for $20 + shipping.

Does anyone know the upgrade they'll send us is complete like a retail copy or will it have some sort of not for retail marking on it?[/quote]

[quote name='eau']for the upgrade to the ultimate matrix collection, do you have to send in the cover for matrix revolutions or just the back insert for the box set will do? I have the complete trilogy hd-dvd if that matters.[/quote]

eau, did the last 10 pages make you forget your own statement? If you have the complete trilogy the only way to get the Ultimate is to send in your Revolutions cover. If you had the Ultimate you could send either the back slip or Revolutions cover.

[quote name='blk00civicsi'] If you had the Ultimate you could send either the back slip or Revolutions cover.[/QUOTE]
I hope that's the case, as I double-dipped and sent in both the back cover, and then later on the Revolutions cover.

It's definitely the case. Originally, it was the slip with the UPC, but I suppose a lot of people called and said they threw it out (I know I did), and so they changed it to the Revolutions cover.

Just to confirm. I sent the Revolutions Cover, and was not only accepted by Warner, but I already have the collection that they sent back to me. You can see the picture in this thread

[quote name='Truone']I just check the Red2Blu site and I think they took down "The Matrix." I only see "The Ultimate Matrix."[/QUOTE]
Ya, I think they replaced it with Syriana

[quote name='MrDubbs']Just to confirm. I sent the Revolutions Cover, and was not only accepted by Warner, but I already have the collection that they sent back to me. You can see the picture in this thread[/QUOTE]
What do you mean? Warner didn't accept your Revolutions cover but sent you the blu-ray boxset anyway??? Or did you send in something that they accepted and sent you the upgrade, then the second time you sent in another Revolutions and they wouldn't accept it? Kind of like 1 per houshold?

[quote name='eau']What do you mean? Warner didn't accept your Revolutions cover but sent you the blu-ray boxset anyway??? Or did you send in something that they accepted and sent you the upgrade, then the second time you sent in another Revolutions and they wouldn't accept it? Kind of like 1 per houshold?[/QUOTE]

Read my post again..

They not only accepted it (meaning the accepted the revolutions cover) and I already have the collection they sent back to me (the blu ray collection)

[quote name='MrDubbs']Sorry if the quality is a bit bad, had to take it with my blackberry, since my computer wouldn't recognize my digital camera for some reason

[/QUOTE]

How long does it take generally to get the replacements? It looks like people are getting it pretty quick? I sent mine in almost three weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. I checked the shipping confirmation and they did receive my covers.

[quote name='hwong3']How long does it take generally to get the replacements? It looks like people are getting it pretty quick? I sent mine in almost three weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. I checked the shipping confirmation and they did receive my covers.[/QUOTE]

roughly, mine was as follows..

Sent out the 26th, (after the mailman came) received the 29th, charged on May 11th, received May 13th, or 14th. Can't remember the exact dates but those are close.

These dates may be longer for most however. I'm within an hour of Howell Michigan

I shipped mine on the 26th too and i am still waiting even though i posted earlier that my order should be processed soon because i called twice now to check on things. I will call again friday if i am not charged by then.

I sent my stuff out on the 14th and USPS.com still says there is no record of the tracking number. Hopefully I get an email today saying that its been received...

[quote name='Bezerker']I sent my stuff out on the 14th and USPS.com still says there is no record of the tracking number. Hopefully I get an email today saying that its been received...[/QUOTE]

The Tracking number was weird. I too got that message when I typed in it. However, I carefully retyped the TN into the box to the right and got the tracking info for it.

As far as an email is concerned, you most likely will get nothing of the sorts. I never got a email for them receiving my covers, nor shipping them actually. The only thing I got was a knock on the door from UPS.

I never got any emails either about them receiving my stuff, billing me, or anything. But I did get all my discs already so no complaints here.

I got my order today (originally placed on 4/25 and mailed out on 4/27).

I thought it was pretty cool they sent me the Ultimate Matrix Collection when I sent them the Complete Matrix Trilogy.

All in all I have no complaints.

My covers were delivered April 28th and I still haven't been charged or received any email. I ordered 17 titles.

-joseph

Mine arrived today, within 4 business days of my credit card being charged. Titles received:
Batman Begins
Blade Runner
Blood Diamond
Harry Potter 1-5
Last Samurai
Ocean's Eleven - Thirteen
Troy, Directors Cut
Ultimate Matrix
V for Vendetta

All arrived in excellent condition, and though I mistakenly included 300 on my original order... when I realized I already had the Blu-Ray and NOT the HD-DVD, so I didn't sent the cover, they simply didn't add it to my order.

Overall, an excellent experience and I feel very fortunate for their offer.

Glad some people are having good experiences....apparently, more and more titles are on backorder. Casablanca, Troy and Batman Begins from mine (from what others are reporting).

I called today and they said mine was at least waiting for The Matrix Ultimate trilogy. So it looks like mine is going to be a bit longer.

I called earlier today as well and they said they are waiting on Planet Earth for my order. The guy told me Casablanca and Planet Earth are both on backorder. I didn't order Casablanca.

-joseph

According to this Blu-ray glitch thread, Matrix Revolutions is gitched. Does the Ultimate Matrix Collection that red2blu is sending out still contain the glitched MR?

Looks like the post office was too lazy to scan my label this time (maybe it's because I put them into a UPS envelope). Guess I'll have to keep looking for the charge on the CC.

[quote name='Lutter']Called them today... Casablanca is still on backorder so no go. Booo.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I e-mailed and still on backorder. I wonder if I will get them in the 4-6 weeks like they said. They received on the 29th....so 4 weeks are up today....maybe after 6 I can bitch and get something free...who knows.

I got my order a couple days ago...only it was missing a ton of titles that I had sent in (about 6) and their was no paper,email or phone call saying the rest were backordered. I called tech support and they filed a report, the lady told me she had no power....and they would have to look into it. Great....

I'll be really mad if they lost my covers and dont send me the dvds they owe me.

[quote name='matttco']I got my order a couple days ago...only it was missing a ton of titles that I had sent in (about 6) and their was no paper,email or phone call saying the rest were backordered. I called tech support and they filed a report, the lady told me she had no power....and they would have to look into it. Great....

I'll be really mad if they lost my covers and dont send me the dvds they owe me.[/QUOTE]

Did they charge you for the titles that are missing?

LOL. Even though my covers were delivered on April 28th I just got the email today stating they received them. Odd.

-joseph

Sent my order in at or near the first of the month.

My order has shipped, 14 titles:

Assassination of Jesse James, The
Batman Begins
Blood Diamond
Departed, The
Firewall
Goodfellas
Last Samurai, The
Letters From Iwo Jima
Michael Clayton
Perfect Storm, The
Road Warrior, The
Troy Director's Cut
Unforgiven
We Are Marshall

Can't wait to get these and very happy Warner used UPS.

Great deal from Warner.

This helps easy the pain for Warner pulling their support of HD DVD and by doing so all but killed HD DVD.

[quote name='POG']LOL. Even though my covers were delivered on April 28th I just got the email today stating they received them. Odd.

-joseph[/QUOTE]

My situation is just about the same. Oh, well. As long as I get the titles, I'm happy. It's a great deal in the long run. If it takes a few weeks to get them, no big deal to me.

bread's done
Back