Warner Bros. Red2Blu Program - Exchange Your HD DVD's for Blu-Rays

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://red2blu.com/

Shipping is $7 flat for any amount of titles it seems.

List of participating titles:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']#
16 Blocks
2001: A Space Odyssey: Special...

A:
Adventures of Robin Hood, The (1938)
Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final...
Ant Bully, The
Appleseed Saga:Ex Machina:LE (2D)
Assassination of Jesse James, The
ATL
August Rush
Aviator, The

B:
Batman Begins
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest (Unrated)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 1 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 2 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The Vol. 3 ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Action ** ($9.95)
Best of HD-DVD, The: Family ** ($9.95)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's ** ($14.95)
Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary
Blood Diamond
Blue Planet
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One, The
Bullitt: Special Edition

C:
Casablanca: Special Edition
Christmas Story, A
Clockwork Orange, A: Special Edition
Constantine
Cowboys, The

D:
Deliverance
Departed, The: Special Edition
Dirty Dozen, The
Dog Day Afternoon: Special Edition

E:
Enter the Dragon (check with the glitched BR thread, I think this one is Fubar on :BR:)
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition

F:
Firewall
Fugitive, The
Full Metal Jacket

G:
Galapagos
Getaway, The
Gods and Generals
Good Night and Good Luck
Goodfellas
Gothika

H:
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition ** ($14.95)
Harry POtter (#1)
Harry POtter (#2)
Harry POtter (#3)
Harry POtter (#4)
Harry POtter (#5)
House of Wax (2005)

I:
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
Invasion, The

J:
Jailhouse Rock
Justice League: The New Frontier...

K:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

L:
Lady In The Water
Lake House, The
Last Samurai, The
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the same.
Lethal Weapon: Director's Cut
Lethal Weapon 2: Director's Cut
Letters From Iwo Jima
License to Wed

M:
March of the Penguins
Matrix, The [Note: Blu-ray version is the 10th Anniversary Digibook.]
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics

N:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Nip/Tuck: The Complete Fourth Season
No Reservations

O:
Oceans 11
Oceans 12
Oceans 13
Oceans 11,12, & 13 set ** ($9.95)
Omega Man, The
One Missed Call
Out For Justice

P:
P.S. I Love You
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect Storm, The
Phantom of the Opera
Planet Earth: The Complete... ($9.95)
Polar Express
Purple Rain

R:
Reaping, The
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill...
Rio Bravo
Road Warrior, The
Room With a View, A: Special Edition
Rumor Has It

S:
Scanner Darkly, A
Scooby-Doo: The Movie
Searchers, The
Shining, The: Special Edition
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 1 ** ($9.95)
Sopranos, The Sixth Season Part 2 ** ($9.95)
Space Cowboys
Sublime (Raw Feed Series) (Uncut)
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The
Superman Returns
Superman, The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana

T:
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset ** ($9.95)
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Troy / Troy Director's Cut (Unrated) [note: Blu-ray version is the Director's Cut (Unrated)]
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Twister

U:
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The ** ($14.95)
Under Siege
Unforgiven: Special Edition

V:
V for Vendetta
Viva Las Vegas

W:
We Are Marshall
Wicker Man, The (Unrated/Rated)
Wild Bunch, The
Wyatt Earp

** Special instructions for exchanging this title, please see the site!

[/quote]

Thanks H3llbring3r

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered:

Alexander Revisited: (Unrated) Final Cut, The $4.95
Blood Diamond (BD) $4.95
Constantine (BD) $4.95
Deliverance (BD) $4.95
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition (BD) $4.95
Gods and Generals (BD) $4.95
Goodfellas (BD) $4.95
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BD) $9.95
Perfect Storm, The (BD) $4.95
Pan's Labyrinth (BD) $4.95
Sopranos, The: Season 6 Part 1 (BD) $9.95
Sopranos, The: Season 6 Part 2 (BD) $9.95
Swordfish (BD) $4.95
TMNT (BD) $4.95
Unforgiven (BD) $4.95
V for Vendetta (BD) $4.95
Wyatt Earp (BD) $4.95
300 (BD) $4.95
Searchers, The (BD) $4.95

[quote name='munch']What did you order? I wish people would post what they receive.[/QUOTE]

My 1st Order:

Natl Lampoon Xmas Vacation
Michael Clayton
Ocean's Boxset
Ultimate Matrix
Sopranos Season 6 Part 1
Sopranos Season 6 Part 2

Shipped 5 days after site went live, Rec'd movies 5-14.

2nd Order:

Blade Runner
Blood Diamond
The Brave One
16 Blocks
Swordfish
No Reservations
Pan's Labyrinth
Polar Express
The Reaping
Music & Lyrics
The Perfect Storm
We Are Marshall
TMNT
The Lake House
Happy Feet
The Invasion
Firewall
Constantine

Placed 5-14, Shipped 5-18
(Lost by Post Office, Found 5-26 Not Delivered yet)

[quote name='munch']Have you received it?[/QUOTE]

No I haven't received it. I called about a week ago and they said they were waiting on my Planet earth but everything else was ready to go.

-joseph

[quote name='munch']What did you order? I wish people would post what they receive.[/QUOTE]

I ordered:
Matrix Ultimate Collection
V for Vendetta

Just a few days over 4 weeks, i finally received my movies. Mailed on 4/26, received my 11 movies on 6/1/09, very pleased

Troy
The Departed
Goodfellas
Batman Begins
Letters from iwo Jinma
Sopranos S6 P2
Full metal Jacket
Ultimate Matrix collection
The last Samurai
Perfect Storm
Blood diamond

[quote name='POG']No I haven't received it. I called about a week ago and they said they were waiting on my Planet earth but everything else was ready to go.

-joseph[/QUOTE]

Same here... freaked out when I had a message today that said they were unable to process my order... it was just that they were waiting on PE

Grr.. my covers sat in Lansing, Michigan for two weeks. They finally were delivered yesterday. I owe a hundred bucks for all of the movies I got. I just wish they would have charged my card instantly. My bank account fluctuates below 100 bucks sometimes so I don't want to overdraw (eventhough I have protection).

I sent in my covers on 5/27/09 & I got my e-mail that they received them today (6/2/09). I ordered:
Batman Begins
Firewall
Ultimate Matrix Collection
Ocean's 11, 12 & 13
Troy

I hope I get them back soon.

[quote name='manthing']Got my email confirming they received my covers.

Anyone know if Casablanca is still holding up orders? :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I mailed mine in 4/23, received 4/28, and Casablanca and Planet Earth are still holding up my order. I had zero expectations for this deal and I'm still disappointed.

when i called about a question regarding the address on the return label, the lady told me that casablanca was out of stock, but they were getting a lot in all the time and it would hopefully ship out soon. it may just be cloud talk, but i sent mine in on the 14th of may...and haven't gotten anything back yet

[quote name='doubledown']Casablanca still is holding me up. After 6 weeks I will bitch more. They did receive my covers on the 29th of April.[/QUOTE]

That does suck. And this is the reason I'm actually glad I didn't have Casablanca on HD-DVD. I feel for all of those individuals who are waiting on PE and Casablanca. I personally imported PE from Amazon UK when the conversion rate was crap.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']That does suck. And this is the reason I'm actually glad I didn't have Casablanca on HD-DVD. I feel for all of those individuals who are waiting on PE and Casablanca. I personally imported PE from Amazon UK when the conversion rate was crap.[/QUOTE]
Don't cry for me Argentina, if I really want to watch Planet Earth I'll man up and watch it on HD DVD.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Sent my order in at or near the first of the month.

My order has shipped, 14 titles:

Assassination of Jesse James, The
Batman Begins
Blood Diamond
Departed, The
Firewall
Goodfellas
Last Samurai, The
Letters From Iwo Jima
Michael Clayton
Perfect Storm, The
Road Warrior, The
Troy Director's Cut
Unforgiven
We Are Marshall

Can't wait to get these and very happy Warner used UPS.

Great deal from Warner.

This helps easy the pain for Warner pulling their support of HD DVD and by doing so all but killed HD DVD.[/QUOTE]

Got my order on June 2nd via UPS. Everything was perfect!

I know the rules for the program say that each house hold may only receive one copy of each eligible title. my question is does anybody know if you can use the same billing address but a different mailing address to get a second copy of the same movie?

STILL waiting on Planet Earth for my order to ship. I am reaching the 5 week time frame. Anyone received a planet earth?

-joseph

I got the matrix trilogy the other week after they got it on the 29th but never got an email for it. Strangely enough I got one for my second order and still havent gotten it. But from what it would seem it would be Casablanca holding it up, but thats odd that they send the email but did not send the movies out

[quote name='seventh_sage']I know the rules for the program say that each house hold may only receive one copy of each eligible title. my question is does anybody know if you can use the same billing address but a different mailing address to get a second copy of the same movie?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll see the same credit card would be charged and deny it.

[quote name='souleman96']Anyone know if/ when this ends? I am trying to build up a few titles to save on shipping but dont want to miss out.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5781608&postcount=31

I placed my order on April 22nd and sent everything out the next day and they still haven't shipped. I did pick the favorites, but come on Warner. I called and they stated it would be 4-6 weeks from the order date. When they realized my order date, they had no new script to sell me.

Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD) $4.95
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (BD) $14.95
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BD) $9.95

I got an email confirmation that they received it last friday. I got a charge on my card on monday. I got it shipped on wednesday. I mailed mine in 2nd week of May. Although my brother in law never got any of those confirmations, and he sent his 2 weeks ago, and he got an email saying they were shipped the same day mine did. So it took roughly 4-5 weeks for me, but 2-3 for him, so i guess it varies.

I ordered:

Harry Potter 1-2, 4-5
Oceans Trilogy
Matrix Trilogy
The Invasion

He ordered:

Oceans Trilogy
Oceans 11 (individually)
Oceans 12 (individually)
Oceans 13 (individually)
Troy
Harry Potter 3
The Invasion
Omega Man

I got about a 2 1/2 week ship...ordered 300, Ultimate Matrix, Oceans Trilogy, V for Vendetta, Goodfellas, Batman Begins, and one I am forgetting...pretty quick turnaround for movies I thought would be popular...

to anyone that has done the redtoblu program, when you printed the shipping address they send with email conformation....was you address listed wrong and is it suppose to be?

I read that someone called and they said that was normal, anyone actually mail it off and get the movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called, they said their "goal was to get the orders [with PE and Casablanca] shipped by the third week of June."

[quote name='cleaver']I just called, they said their "goal was to get the orders [with PE and Casablanca] shipped by the third week of June."[/QUOTE]

On their FAQ section it states that red2blu is an official program from the wbshop.com

If that is true WHY can I order Planet Earth on BD from wbshop.com RIGHT now with no problems of it being back ordered?

-joseph

[quote name='POG']On their FAQ section it states that red2blu is an official program from the wbshop.com

If that is true WHY can I order Planet Earth on BD from wbshop.com RIGHT now with no problems of it being back ordered?

-joseph[/QUOTE]

Think about that for a second. They only allow so many copies for the program.. If you had something wouldn't you sell it for money before you sell it for way less?

[quote name='MrDubbs']Think about that for a second. They only allow so many copies for the program.. If you had something wouldn't you sell it for money before you sell it for way less?[/QUOTE]

Yes. However, if its wbshop.com doing the program it doesn't matter if they sell a copy or SEND out a copy for the exchange program IF they plan on fulfilling the exchange programs orders.

If I sell something for $10 dollars today but wait a month to send it I still sold it for $10 dollars.

-joseph

On topic: Quick update to keep this relevant...my second order arrived about a month ago...still waiting on my first order (Casablanca apparently being the dealbreaker).

Off topic: Are there any rumblings of Paramount or Universal doing a similar program? I would jump all over that too.

[quote name='seventh_sage']I sent in my covers on 5/27/09 & I got my e-mail that they received them today (6/2/09). I ordered:
Batman Begins
Firewall
Ultimate Matrix Collection
Ocean's 11, 12 & 13
Troy

I hope I get them back soon.[/QUOTE]

Follow up on my progress: on 6/3/09 i received an e-mail stating my order was shipped, i checked my credit card & sure enough there was a charge on it. & today (6/8/09) i received my order. just like others posted they came well packaged in the box & still had their plastic wrap on them. I can take pics if you really want to see them, but i already unwrapped them cuz i couldn't wait to put them in my collection. yea for cheap bluray! i hope the other studios wise up & do this.

Confirmed also...'bout 10 days for receipt and processing of covers, shipped and received back in less than a week...

Received all 6 brandnew in shrinkwrap...

V for Vendetta
The Matrix Trilogy
Troy (Director's Cut)
Harry Potter (1-5)
The Fountain
Batman Begins

What a steal!! Now only if Blu-Ray doesn't tank in the next few months like Toshiba/HD-DVD did when I bought those!!?? LOL

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ Don't worry. If that happens, I'm sure there will be a Blu2Laserdisc program in the works.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!! That is pure awesomeness.

[quote name='Bmac1775']Mailed the covers on Saturday and got the confirmation of receiving them today.[/QUOTE]

WTF?
I haven't even got confirmation on my first set, from weeks ago.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']My 1st Order:

Natl Lampoon Xmas Vacation
Michael Clayton
Ocean's Boxset
Ultimate Matrix
Sopranos Season 6 Part 1
Sopranos Season 6 Part 2

Shipped 5 days after site went live, Rec'd movies 5-14.

2nd Order:

Blade Runner
Blood Diamond
The Brave One
16 Blocks
Swordfish
No Reservations
Pan's Labyrinth
Polar Express
The Reaping
Music & Lyrics
The Perfect Storm
We Are Marshall
TMNT
The Lake House
Happy Feet
The Invasion
Firewall
Constantine

Placed 5-14, Shipped 5-18
(Lost by Post Office, Found 5-26 Not Delivered yet)[/QUOTE]

Update:

Rec'd all 18 movies last night 6-11. Roughly 4 week turn-around (thanks to USPS) isn't bad.

I am still waiting on my BD's. I called again and they told me the same thing "Planet Earth is holding up your order."

Has anyone received a planet earth from them?

-joseph

My HD-DVD covers were received by WB on May 15th (per USPS), they sent me confirmation that they received the covers May 28th (dunno why the delay, but whatever). My order still has not shipped. I called them today about it and they said it's due to Casablanca being backordered, and that they should have stock in 2-3 weeks.

Been a long wait, but that's ok I guess as long as the stuff gets here eventually.

[quote name='munch']I have yet to see anyone get Planet Earth.

~munch[/QUOTE]

pretty sweet how they took orders for stock they didnt have

bread's done
Back